Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:00 PM

When Arguments Occur,would You Tell Your Family/friends Or Not? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Arguments Occur,would You Tell Your Family/friends Or Not? (715 Views)

15 Arguments No Guy Has Ever Won Against His Girlfriend (and Never Will) / Can You Kiss Your Partner In Front Of Ur Parents Or Friends Or Even In Public!! / Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Arguments Occur,would You Tell Your Family/friends Or Not? by Atreides(f): 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2011
Ok so i read something somewhere,about how Arguments are a natural part of every healthy relationship. I agree with this-i think a relationship where the occasional argument doesn't crop up isn't healthy. So it got me thinking- yeah,arguments are a natural part of every relationship,and talking to your friends/family about your love life is also very normal/natural. My question is,Would you talk to your friends/family about the arguments you and your partner have? Do you think it's right to talk to a friend/sister/worreva about every fight you have with your other half?
Re: When Arguments Occur,would You Tell Your Family/friends Or Not? by Dsense(m): 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2011
It depends on the person and the kinda family you got . . . . . . .I would never discuss my dating affairs with my family .but with a tight friend of mine or keep it to myself!
Re: When Arguments Occur,would You Tell Your Family/friends Or Not? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 23, 2011
@poster
if its a matter that relates to the family then yes i would talk to family but if its silly matters or sexual matters then i would keep that to my close friends or close family members.

sometimes it is good to hear the advices of others in matters that you may see right when, they probably arent. everyone has a friend that would tell you what time it is, whether you like it or not. so having the opinion of an unbiased person from outside the relationship is a good way to settle it out. . . . . . . . unless one of you is a stubborn goat!
Re: When Arguments Occur,would You Tell Your Family/friends Or Not? by Odunnu: 7:14pm On Jan 23, 2011
Not every fight/arguement. It depends on the nature.
I guess thats one of the objectives of NL, a place where different people can air views and deal with problems objectively. Too bad we have many goats parading as humans who'l not only mock you but will advice wrongly.
Re: When Arguments Occur,would You Tell Your Family/friends Or Not? by MrCork17: 7:40pm On Jan 23, 2011
Odunnu:

Not every fight/arguement. It depends on the nature.
I guess thats one of the objectives of NL, a place where different people can air views and deal with problems objectively. Too bad we have many goats parading as humans who'l not only mock you but will advice wrongly.

Odunnu, great idea. Sweery, pliss can we fight wrestling? tongue
Re: When Arguments Occur,would You Tell Your Family/friends Or Not? by MLSwiss: 1:15am On Jan 24, 2011
Love this topic !

First of all, I am a VERY private person. Even my friends don't know everything about my relationship. I'm very open with my family and we talk about almost anything except my relationship. I am one to put on a bold face when my relationship is crushing down. I am the type of person to act like everything is OK when it's not. I know it isn't the best solution but that's who I am. I can talk about tiny little miny fights we've had but to go into the details is impossible for me, with anybody. I suck it up on my own, cry on my own and reassure myself. I will NEVER disclose my personal issues with anyone UNLESS when it becomes obvious that things aren't going so well. I am that type of a person. I will smile, kiss and hug my boyfriend in public when actually we're on the verge of breaking up. But thankfully, I know how to handle things and I ALWAYS get back up on my feet.
Re: When Arguments Occur,would You Tell Your Family/friends Or Not? by MrsChima(f): 1:17am On Jan 24, 2011
If you are MARRIED, the argument should be between the HUSBAND AND WIFE. Family and friends do not need to be in martial issues. One of the reasons couples get divorced because family and friends meddling.
Re: When Arguments Occur,would You Tell Your Family/friends Or Not? by ShyOne(f): 5:46am On Jan 24, 2011
I wouldn't share anything - about an argument with my family members - I don't need them in my business.

I think alot differently then they do and than a whole lot of other people.  I am very protective of my mate and once the argument or disagreement is over - I would have only myself to blame if they hold a grudge against him or put him down in their thought or treat him differently - since I shouldn't have opened my mouth in the first place.

he and I spoke on this already - what is between he and I - is between he and I.  even NL - I share very little about him other than my loving feelings for him.  Our conversations are between us and once married it will be even more so.
Re: When Arguments Occur,would You Tell Your Family/friends Or Not? by MrsChima(f): 5:50am On Jan 24, 2011
As it should be.
Re: When Arguments Occur,would You Tell Your Family/friends Or Not? by ShyOne(f): 5:52am On Jan 24, 2011
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Pls House How Can Get A Good Woman / Someone Help Solve This Compatibility Issue / Abc Of True Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.