Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Bungalow - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Bungalow (25117 Views)

3 Bedroom Bungalow For Sale In Enugu / 3brm All Ensuit, Bungalow, Alone In A Compound Of Full Plot Size.. 1.2M, A Yr. / Pics Of A Low Cost And Decent Newly Built 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Command, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:31pm On Jan 24, 2012
POP

1 Share

Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:31pm On Jan 24, 2012
POP installation

Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:32pm On Jan 24, 2012
Laundry room metal door

Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2012
Kitchen exit door

Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:34pm On Jan 24, 2012
External plastering

Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:34pm On Jan 24, 2012
Front pillars not completed yet!

Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:35pm On Jan 24, 2012
Door frames for interior doors

Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2012
Bought tiles, toilet fittings and PVC on saturday from a Nairalander at Orile.
Re: Bungalow by AmAlone: 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2012
Cinzo!!! Well done Sir
Nice House if you ask me!!!!
I jus dey feel like you for here o - lol
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2012
Bros you and spyder have been a source of inspiration to me!!! Thanks and keep up the good work.
Re: Bungalow by AmAlone: 7:26pm On Jan 24, 2012
###
Cinzo I so love the concept of your house. So lovely and professional.

How do did it cost you to get to this state in total??

1. Again I want to ask, for the arch you did inside the house, How much did it cost you?
2. Also did you thought of using POP(white POP) instead of cement
3. I like to ask again, Didn't you also consider doing the arch after the tiling?

We go need exchange house oo - lol grin grin grin
Re: Bungalow by spyder880(m): 7:32pm On Jan 24, 2012
Congrats man, simply beautiful.
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2012
@amalone,to tell you the truth I don't know how much I have spent! My wife is the one disbursing the money. Mine is to make the money! The POP guy decided to use regular cement instead of white cement.
He is a family friend so he is almost doing it for free. I only bought the materials.
Why we did not wait to plaster was because my wife is rushing the job,she says she wants to move into her new home before easter!
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 9:17pm On Jan 24, 2012
@spyder880,thanks.I appreciate. Don't forget my house in the villa oh.
After dis we will sit down and talk.
Re: Bungalow by olubuffett: 12:07am On Jan 25, 2012
Nice one Cinzo, job well done.
Re: Bungalow by lancee(m): 4:41am On Jan 25, 2012
Nice one Bro !
Re: Bungalow by spyder880(m): 5:13am On Jan 25, 2012
cinzo:

@amalone,to tell you the truth I don't know how much I have spent! My wife is the one disbursing the money. Mine is to make the money! The POP guy decided to use regular cement instead of white cement.
He is a family friend so he is almost doing it for free. I only bought the materials.
Why we did not wait to plaster was because my wife is rushing the job,she says she wants to move into her new home before easter!

I support her 100% grin

cinzo:

@spyder880,thanks.I appreciate. Don't forget my house in the villa oh.
After dis we will sit down and talk.

You know I will give you the best deal possible, am looking forward to it.
Re: Bungalow by NL1960: 10:37am On Jan 25, 2012
cinzo:

Bought tiles, toilet fittings and PVC on saturday from a Nairalander at Orile.

@Cinzo. Nice house. Congrats. Please if you do not mind. How much did you get your tiles and PVC?. Iam about to move to the stage of tiling and PVC for my project. I want to use PVC in all the rooms. I have never liked POP. The guy that installed my roof said he is also into PVC installation. So i have not yet decided whether to buy or tell him to buy and install.

My brother-in-law, who is a tiler has told me to buy Vetrified files when iam buying tiles. What do you think.
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 2:57pm On Jan 25, 2012
This post is gone.
Re: Bungalow by NL1960: 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2012
cinzo:

For tiles I spent above 500k and I bought 13 bundles of PVC for around 200k . My tiles was a mixture of Italian, Spanish and China. Vitrified is the way to go.

Thanks. Never knew there are vitrified tiles at Orile. I bought some tiles there about 3 years ago. Are vitrified tiles made only from a particular country or are there Italian, Spanish or China vitrified tiles?. On a recent trip to India, i saw some fines and good tiles in the hotel that i stayed and when i asked, i was told that they are vitrified tiles. So i have had this impression that vitrified tiles are from India because what i hear in Nigeria is Italian and Spanish granite and marbel tiles and china tiles but never a strong mention of vitrified tiles.
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 4:07pm On Jan 25, 2012
NL1960:

Thanks. Never knew there are vitrified tiles at Orile. I bought some tiles there about 3 years ago. Are vitrified tiles made only from a particular country or are there Italian, Spanish or China vitrified tiles?. On a recent trip to India, i saw some fines and good tiles in the hotel that i stayed and when i asked, i was told that they are vitrified tiles. So i have had this impression that vitrified tiles are from India because what i hear in Nigeria is Italian and Spanish granite and marbel tiles and china tiles but never a strong mention of vitrified tiles.

[b]What is vitrified tile

Vitrified tile is a tile which has been processed in such a way that it has very very low porosity (and water absorption) which make it stain resistant and very strong.

Is vitrified tile better than marble or granite?

Vitrified Tiles have far superior properties compared to marble or natural granite because being a manufactured product their quality is controlled whereas in naturally occurring marble and granite good quality is just a coincidence. Vitrified tiles posses much better mechanical strength, scratch resistance, resistance to acids, alkalies and chemicals, resistance to staining etc compared to marble or natural granite.

Marble has a relatively lower abrasion resistance compared to vitrified tiles. It is calcium carbonate which is strongly attached by Hydrochloric acid which is commonly used in toilet & floor cleaning. It yellows over extended time duration whereas vitrified tiles retain their colour for decades.

Polished natural granite shows several surface defects and a good quality is just a matter of chance whereas vitrified tiles are guaranteed for consistent good quality. Marble laying is very cumberrsom and time consuming whereas vitrified tiles may be laid in a matter of hours and put to use after 48 hours.

Excerpts for this article were taken from www.asiangranito.com

What needs to be studied here is the cost factor. Apparently the Vitrified tiles seem to have an advantage and also durability to command a higher price.

But are we willing to shell that extra money for aesthetics and maintenance sake is the million dollar question.

Another point to consider is where people who would like to buy an apartment can actually tell the builder to use these tiles over conventional flooring techniques.[/b]
Re: Bungalow by NL1960: 5:38pm On Jan 25, 2012
cinzo:

[b]What is vitrified tile

Vitrified tile is a tile which has been processed in such a way that it has very very low porosity (and water absorption) which make it stain resistant and very strong.

Is vitrified tile better than marble or granite?

Vitrified Tiles have far superior properties compared to marble or natural granite because being a manufactured product their quality is controlled whereas in naturally occurring marble and granite good quality is just a coincidence. Vitrified tiles posses much better mechanical strength, scratch resistance, resistance to acids, alkalies and chemicals, resistance to staining etc compared to marble or natural granite.

Marble has a relatively lower abrasion resistance compared to vitrified tiles. It is calcium carbonate which is strongly attached by Hydrochloric acid which is commonly used in toilet & floor cleaning. It yellows over extended time duration whereas vitrified tiles retain their colour for decades.

Polished natural granite shows several surface defects and a good quality is just a matter of chance whereas vitrified tiles are guaranteed for consistent good quality. Marble laying is very cumberrsom and time consuming whereas vitrified tiles may be laid in a matter of hours and put to use after 48 hours.

Excerpts for this article were taken from www.asiangranito.com

What needs to be studied here is the cost factor. Apparently the Vitrified tiles seem to have an advantage and also durability to command a higher price.

But are we willing to shell that extra money for aesthetics and maintenance sake is the million dollar question.

Another point to consider is where people who would like to buy an apartment can actually tell the builder to use these tiles over conventional flooring techniques.[/b]

Considering the environment we lived in where so many fake products are being sold as the original or where 'what is not' is being sold as 'what it is', ow can i identify a vitrified tile at Orile?. I know that when somebody goes to the market and says 'i want vitrified tiles, do you have it', the likely response from the seller is that he/she has it. That is my fear. Would not mind paying a little extra for originality and durability.
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2012
This post is gone.
Re: Bungalow by NL1960: 6:18pm On Jan 25, 2012
cinzo:

[color=#990000][b I know what you are talking about. There is a company I checked out in Apapa and their tiles sre very good though expensive. Their 60 by 60 italian is around 3300naira per sqaure meter.

[/b][

Bros, no vex. I want to buy at Orile because i believe i can get a good bargain there. Since you bought your vitrofied tiles from there, it means you know a vitrified tile. I just want to know how to know a vitrified tile at Orile. Can i just go there and say i want to buy a vitrified tile and they will give me a vitrified tile?.
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:23pm On Jan 25, 2012
NL1960:

Bros, no vex. I want to buy at Orile because i believe i can get a good bargain there. Since you bought your vitrofied tiles from there, it means you know a vitrified tile. I just want to know how to know a vitrified tile at Orile. Can i just go there and say i want to buy a vitrified tile and they will give me a vitrified tile?.

They might finish you oh. Those guys are out for blood! The guy I bought from is a Nairalander and I met him on this forum. After series of telephone calls to and fro we finally met at the market last week saturday and he was really helpful. Bought everything I needed from him.

Re: Bungalow by AmAlone: 7:38pm On Jan 25, 2012
Thanks Cinzo,

I never knew vetrified tiles have more value than granite and marbles until today.
Re: Bungalow by Fhemmmy: 9:00pm On Jan 25, 2012
Coming out Nice
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 9:49pm On Jan 25, 2012
More updates coming tomorrow
Re: Bungalow by NL1960: 9:59am On Jan 26, 2012
cinzo:

They might finish you oh. Those guys are out for blood! The guy I bought from is a Nairalander and I met him on this forum. After series of telephone calls to and fro we finally met at the market last week saturday and he was really helpful. Bought everything I needed from him.

Thanks. Please, if you not mind, is it possible you send me the guys email or phone contact?. My email is 'migiets@yahoo.com'.
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 1:36pm On Jan 26, 2012
NL1960:

Thanks. Please, if you not mind, is it possible you send me the guys email or phone contact?. My email is 'migiets@yahoo.com'.

Check your inbox. If you have a tiler you can take him along too.
Re: Bungalow by omobashua1: 1:24am On Feb 03, 2012
beautiful bro,more blessings n many more to come
Re: Bungalow by caseymoney(m): 1:47am On Feb 03, 2012
Just came across this wonderful thread. I'm here to learn and possibly contribute my little experience,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Decorative Fence Ideas, Please Help With Suggestions! / Policeman Dies As Burning Building Collapses In Lagos / Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.