Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Bungalow - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Bungalow (25112 Views)

3 Bedroom Bungalow For Sale In Enugu / 3brm All Ensuit, Bungalow, Alone In A Compound Of Full Plot Size.. 1.2M, A Yr. / Pics Of A Low Cost And Decent Newly Built 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Command, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 7:04pm On Feb 20, 2012
Wow nice one bro! You neva stop inspiring me!!!
Re: Bungalow by Oluwa4Sure: 7:05pm On Feb 20, 2012
lovely finishing btw
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 7:06pm On Feb 20, 2012
@oluwa4sure which paint are you using? Looks like Dulux or Caplux to me?
Re: Bungalow by Oluwa4Sure: 7:09pm On Feb 20, 2012
Nope!!! its Shield!!!

They are very okay, besides, its for the room
But for the living room, I am using Marble Paint
It is more durable and I will estimate it to be 2ice the
price of Shield!!!!

I got my Shield for 5k per drum!!!
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 7:12pm On Feb 20, 2012
This post is gone.
Re: Bungalow by Oluwa4Sure: 7:22pm On Feb 20, 2012
Man, I will advice you to go for shield!
I contacted like 2 different paint companies
and they gave me their price from 8k upward!!!

But I was adviced by my painter to go for Shield
that its all same quality!!!
So i used Shield! and it is very lovely to me!!!!

Again, Marble paint is not like normal paint.
Its infact the most expensive paint!!!
When it gets dry, it look very much like carpet on the wall!
It doesn't asorb stain and is very durable!!!!

So, don't mistake it for a normal paint!
the price is 10k for 5ltr.
but Shield sells 1k for 4ltr.
so you can constract the difference!!!

Also, note after applying my Shield paint
I added Wall 'Sertain' to it so that it can repeal stain
and can be washed if it gets stain!!!! Goodluck man!!
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 9:38pm On Feb 20, 2012
Am thinking of using white textured paint for the sitting room and dinning and emulsion for the other rooms. Is there any disadvantage in using textured paint inside?
Re: Bungalow by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Feb 20, 2012
Ahaaaa!!! grin grin grin
A lot of good things are happening here. Nice works people, we are coming.
Re: Bungalow by caseymoney(m): 11:01pm On Feb 20, 2012
Cinzo, keep it coming, nice looking house. Am Alone, I love your color selection. That's color splash!!!
Re: Bungalow by NL1960: 3:46pm On Feb 21, 2012
@Oluwa4Sure. Good colour combination. Please, what is the name of the colour in room3.jpg and room4.jpg.
Re: Bungalow by Demainman1: 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2012
@Cinzo, Can you give me a rough quote of the total cost of all that plenty tiles you have please.

Also, any idea how much a cheap but good quality tile(china or otherwise) will cost? for the bedrooms and toilet at least.

I can use the very good quality tiles for the open places like sitting room.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:20pm On Feb 21, 2012
This post is gone.
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:22pm On Feb 21, 2012
The PVC for the whole house inclusive. I bought 15 bundles and at the end of the day i had 3 bundles left over. Thank God someone bought them off me.
Re: Bungalow by Demainman1: 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2012
@Cinzo, Thanks for the reply. Please advice me, Can one get good tiles of say up to N1000 per square meter? I will like those for the bedrooms.

I don't mind using those of N3100 for open places but not for bedrooms and toilets.

Also how much are you paying the tiler for the whole house?
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:47pm On Feb 21, 2012
Yes you can. The ones I used in my rooms are 400 by 400 and they are unpolished to minimise skidding. Can't remember how much it is but will check by weekend and revert.
Re: Bungalow by Demainman1: 6:52pm On Feb 21, 2012
^^^^ Thanks a lot. Please try and get the cost for me. It's nice to know i can get something like that.

How is tiling priced? is it done in per metre like POP or on contract?
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 7:05pm On Feb 21, 2012
Demain_man:

^^^^ Thanks a lot. Please try and get the cost for me. It's nice to know i can get something like that.

How is tiling priced? is it done in per metre like POP or on contract?

The guy that laid my tiles charged 350 per square meter.
Re: Bungalow by ricki: 12:38am On Feb 22, 2012
I thought i saw a megaphone hanging from next door house in one of dem pictures. wasup wif dat dude? hmmmmmmmmm, noisy neighbour?

by the way nice going! Also I will be starting something at mowe soon on a two plot of land. I hope to contact you later for assistance based on your experience and skills acquired . Thankx our future neighbour.
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 7:15am On Feb 22, 2012
ricki:

I thought i saw a megaphone hanging from next door house in one of dem pictures. wasup wif dat dude? hmmmmmmmmm, noisy neighbour?

by the way nice going! Also I will be starting something at mowe soon on a two plot of land. I hope to contact you later for assistance based on your experience and skills acquired . Thankx our future neighbour.

There is a church just in front of the house! grin
Re: Bungalow by McboG: 8:22am On Feb 22, 2012
Good day y'all, nice thread you got going here; it's made really interesting reading, very helpful too, considering i'm more or less involved in some building work.
I've got a question and i'd be glad if some thing will be made clear to me.

Our house is in the roofing stage now and my mum is typically fussy about the kind of roofing sheets we should use. Initially we planned on using metro tiles (if that's what they're called --- the ones with some coarse coating) as against aluminium step tiles (i hope you understand my amateurish description). Now she's worrying about totally frivolous things like whether rain water from the first kind (metro tiles) can be drunk --- she has a fetish for such traditional practices.

Also, she seems to have been sold the idea that the aluminium kind lasts longer than the 'stone-coated' kind. I don't agree with her, but my opinion doesn't count as expert advice. So now that i've come upon this thread i'd really appreciate it if these questions are answered.

I'll state them again for the sake of simplicity:
Is rain water from stone-coated/metro roofing tiles drinkable?
Do aluminium step tiles actually last longer than the stone-coated kind?

Thanks.
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 7:28pm On Feb 22, 2012
No idea grin
Re: Bungalow by caseymoney(m): 10:28pm On Feb 22, 2012
^^ More pictures for the eyes abeg! Eyes itching
Re: Bungalow by diordaves(m): 12:41am On Feb 23, 2012
McboG:

Good day y'all, nice thread you got going here; it's made really interesting reading, very helpful too, considering i'm more or less involved in some building work.
I've got a question and i'd be glad if some thing will be made clear to me.

Our house is in the roofing stage now and my mum is typically fussy about the kind of roofing sheets we should use. Initially we planned on using metro tiles (if that's what they're called --- the ones with some coarse coating) as against aluminium step tiles (i hope you understand my amateurish description). Now she's worrying about totally frivolous things like whether rain water from the first kind (metro tiles) can be drunk --- she has a fetish for such traditional practices.

Also, she seems to have been sold the idea that the aluminium kind lasts longer than the 'stone-coated' kind. I don't agree with her, but my opinion doesn't count as expert advice. So now that i've come upon this thread i'd really appreciate it if these questions are answered.

I'll state them again for the sake of simplicity:

Is rain water from stone-coated/metro roofing tiles drinkable?
Do aluminium step tiles actually last longer than the stone-coated kind?

Thanks.

Original metro tiles are designed to last minimum of 40 years, some even 60 years guaranteed. The average aluminium long span will give you a useful life span of 20 years. Another advantage of stone coated sheet is noise reduction when it rains. For your mum, she will appreciate a peaceful silent sleep when it rains under metro sheets compared to aluminium sheets when the tropical torrential rain beats on it. Yet another advantage of Metro is heat reduction. Metro stone coated sheets absorb considerably less heat than your normal aluminium, so rooms under stone coated sheets are comparatively cooler.

Can you drink run-off water from stone-coated sheets and aluminium? Of course not! But why will you want to drink run-off water from your roof? Hope this helps.
Re: Bungalow by McboG: 7:46am On Feb 23, 2012
Can you drink run-off water from
stone-coated sheets and aluminium?
Of course not! But why will you want
to drink run-off water from your roof?

Your answer's quite enlightening and it does confirm my own thoughts regarding durability. The guy who's supposed to do the metro thing mentioned something in the region of a fifty-year warranty.

Now about why anyone would want to drink run-off water from their roof; the question really tickled me. Hehe
You see, my mum is Mother Nature's niece, so to speak. She does stuff that's crazier than that, like eat aloe vera raw. Besides, it's a village setting and the practice is quite common among those who've got the old corrugated iron sheets.

@Cinzo
Thanks for bothering with a reply. Went through the previous pages of the thread and i must say your dogged optimism is really inspiring.
Re: Bungalow by princeonx: 6:04am On Feb 25, 2012
@Cinzo:
Good job bro, am loving it.

@Am-alone aka oluwa4sure, your house is coming up real nice! Eventhough u just got me introuble with my wife. It's not even 30 minutes we finished looking at your house pictures but she has told me at least 10 times how good my son's room will look with that multi colours and stripes and want to know if we can repaint his room this summer!
Re: Bungalow by Oluwa4Sure: 6:25am On Feb 25, 2012
^^^
LOL!!! man pardone me oo!!!
But na who no like beta tin grin grin
Re: Bungalow by Oluwa4Sure: 6:33am On Feb 25, 2012
;d ;d ;d
Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:31pm On Mar 05, 2012
3gang switch

Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2012
Fitted twyford wash basin

Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:33pm On Mar 05, 2012
Security lights

Re: Bungalow by cinzo: 6:35pm On Mar 05, 2012
Kitchen cabinets yet to be mounted

Re: Bungalow by walter84(m): 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2012
Oga Cinzo: Nice one, you have really proved that there is no distance on the internet. I'm really proud of you and also very grateful . I pray that God will continue grant you the grace to shine in all your dealings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Please What Is The Recommended Soak Away Size For A Small Bungalow / Painting And Decorating Of A Nairalander's 4 Bedroom Duplex at Ogun State. / Policeman Dies As Burning Building Collapses In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.