Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,616 members, 7,801,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Is Yabatech Now A Degree Awarding Institution? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Yabatech Now A Degree Awarding Institution? (8132 Views)

NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria / List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria. / Is Yabatech Now A University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Yabatech Now A Degree Awarding Institution? by 8bit: 4:22pm On Jan 25, 2011
Please i need to know if yabatech is now a degree awarding instition and if so i will like to know if it is on the schools listed on the UTME website.
Re: Is Yabatech Now A Degree Awarding Institution? by Dharmie4krist(m): 8:11pm On Jan 28, 2011
no 1 s 2 b trustd in dz computer world. Guy 2 ur questn its now a uni. Of tech. Bt wl b effective next yrs.
Re: Is Yabatech Now A Degree Awarding Institution? by osram(m): 12:59pm On Feb 14, 2012
Na lie jor yabatech and kadpoly wud neva b converted to a university.so dnt evn hav any hope
Re: Is Yabatech Now A Degree Awarding Institution? by badesco(m): 3:06pm On Feb 14, 2012
Yabatech had been awarding Degrees for quite sometime, so it is not a new thing but only difference there, is that it is affiliated to some universities in Nigeria.
Re: Is Yabatech Now A Degree Awarding Institution? by osram(m): 8:31am On Feb 15, 2012
Stop wastin ur tym yabatech z nt afiliated to any vasity.stop lying u idiot
Re: Is Yabatech Now A Degree Awarding Institution? by TDN: 11:31am On Feb 15, 2012
go to the NUC ( NATIONAL UNIVERSITIES COMMISSION) website to confirm the status of all the higher institutions in Nigeria.
they are the governing body of universities in Nigeria.

http://www.nuc.edu.ng/
Re: Is Yabatech Now A Degree Awarding Institution? by kaysy(m): 10:34pm On Feb 15, 2012
osram:

Na lie jor yabatech and kadpoly wud neva b converted to a university.so dnt evn hav any hope

osram:

Stop wastin ur tym yabatech z nt afiliated to any vasity.stop lying u

@osram, what do u know? infact where did u emanate from? must u open your foolish mouth to comment on anything u see on Nairaland? what's wrong if u just read by and move on. God save u u'r not within my reach.

Well at OP, Yabatech conversion to university is almost complete and currently waiting for Govt report, meanwhile the school have to meet some little standards like the senate house is still under construction and will complete soon, lecturers have been given mandates to meet up their qualifications to a university lecturer's standard maybe a minimun of doctorate degree, but the school currently runs some degree courses in Education which is affiliated to UNN.

If finally the school becomes a University, i think the name will be Yabatech University [i.e Yaba Technical University] Or City University. This is because if they should name the school Federal University of Technology Or City University of Technology this means that some of its courses which are not Technological courses will be scrapped these courses include [Accountancy, Business Administration, Banking & Finance, etc] so the school wants to retain those courses while they become a university.

(1) (Reply)

Top 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2015 / How To Check Your NECO Result Without Scratch-card|examination Number / Top 10 Schools Of Nursing In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.