Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,450 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:33 PM

Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is (8612 Views)

Clean New Tokubo Honder For Sale Call On Mr Kelvin 08146252735 / *ITS A QUATTRO* Its The 007 * 2003 Audi A6 Quattro* Preordered By Cne010 Of NL** / <WELCOME TO NIGERIA<007'S ON RAMPAGE> Murano SL AWD. Preorderd By Benboa Of Nl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by gaylord: 8:08pm On Jan 25, 2011
Just in nutshell  … please people I need all your help here
This was a deal that started on the 26th of August 2010 with the intention to purchase an ML ride as per the link created by Mr German himself.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-547577.0.html

More than 20 times during this period  I have been told by Mr German that this car has sailed with different  dates given to me as the time of arrival but nothing has surfaced.
At this present period, (maybe later but  lets see how this thread goes ) I don’t want to go into nitty gritty of what has been happening over the last five months but I wish  to appeal to Nairalanders especially  people in the pre order biz to help persuade Mr German to come out clean and explain what is going on with this transaction
The last information I heard was that this ride left American waters on the 31st of Dec but up till this time no BOL has been issued by the so called  shipper in States …, haba I think BOL should be a thing issued within three days once the vessel sails ??
I need everyone to please help prevail on Mr German to please come out clean and tell me where my ride is currently at
Five months is a long wait ………,
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by gaylord: 8:16pm On Jan 25, 2011
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 25, 2011
May I appeal to forumites to hold their breaths until we have a response from German007. It does not bode well for our great Auto section for these types of threads to typify buyer dealer relationships.

Indeed if the ship carrying the car sailed Dec. 31, 2010, a bill of laden should have been provided to the shipper by now. It should therefore be very easy for this issue to be put to rest. If the ship has not sailed, then the buyer should be so informed. Simple.

Communication is very important when these deals go down, dealers are urged to keep buyers in the loop, every step of the way, to reduce these kinds of threads.

Monitor_1

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by ProExcel: 9:01pm On Jan 25, 2011
^^^^Well said.
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by gaylord: 9:07pm On Jan 25, 2011
All I have heard so far is deceit , deceit, I would be glad if he can come out and provide us with when the car in question would arrive and a copy of BOL. Untill then this thread will start getting hotter than expected.
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Fogman(m): 5:58am On Jan 26, 2011
gaylord:

Just in nutshell  … please people I need all your help here
This was a deal that started on the 26th of August 2010 with the intention to purchase an ML ride as per the link created by Mr German himself.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-547577.0.html

More than 20 times during this period  I have been told by Mr German that this car has sailed with different  dates given to me as the time of arrival but nothing has surfaced.
At this present period, (maybe later but  lets see how this thread goes ) I don’t want to go into nitty gritty of what has been happening over the last five months but I wish  to appeal to Nairalanders especially  people in the pre order biz to help persuade Mr German to come out clean and explain what is going on with this transaction
The last information I heard was that this ride left American waters on the 31st of Dec but up till this time no BOL has been issued by the so called  shipper in States …, haba I think BOL should be a thing issued within three days once the vessel sails ??
I need everyone to please help prevail on Mr German to please come out clean and tell me where my ride is currently at
Five months is a long wait ………,

Are you piedpiper? Cos i can see the story and date of this transaction is same with his.
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by inspiredm(m): 9:10am On Jan 26, 2011
Monitor_1:

May I appeal to forumites to hold their breaths until we have a response from German007. It does not bode well for our great Auto section for these types of threads to typify buyer dealer relationships.

Indeed if the ship carrying the car sailed Dec. 31, 2010, a bill of laden should have been provided to the shipper by now. It should therefore be very easy for this issue to be put to rest. If the ship has not sailed, then the buyer should be so informed. Simple.

Communication is very important when these deals go down, dealers are urged to keep buyers in the loop, every step of the way, to reduce these kinds of threads.

Monitor_1

My Oga, Well Said.  wink

Lets wait to hear from German007 his side of the story, I believe this may not ALL be his fault after all.

We Cannot Afford to continue to Lose Buyers Confidence on the Autos Section due to Complaints threads from Buyers always mostly geared on OUR Pre order arrangements.

Communication & actual update from Seller to Buyer is Key in the success of Pre order Business.
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by damola1: 9:49am On Jan 26, 2011
In online business, brand name is all a seller's as Got, there's never a perfect business but one you make perfection out of. Considering all the stuff I have read about German007, I believe, things will come out fine. The worst time to ship anything including cars from anywhere is during the holidays. And will implore the customer to please hold up,, he's got more to lose if he's playing smart cos his brand name will be affected and that takes years to build, This reminds me of I think 3 years ago when inspired was being hanged but today he's our pride and even a MOD. So pls, lets find a common ground, I think as a rule, most dealers should find a way to have extra cash in hand, if after a particularly agreed period due to circumstances beyond control, they can refund the customer and retail the car when it arrives, that way the pre-order wouldn't branded wrongly. Cos no body, and I repeat no body controls the seas and Customs could be funny sometimes too.
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Busybody2(f): 10:06am On Jan 26, 2011
REPOSTED AGAIN cool

To the OP

Gosh, I don't even know how to proceed so kindly bear with me and, sorry if I come across as preachy, please forgive me. I have only encountered you during the Vicjustice is Gaylord brouhaha which used to transpire in the travel section which I never believed anywyay, anyhoo sorry for digressing. My take on this issue goes thus:

This young chap burst into our midst barely more than a year ago and in that time, managed to get everyone's cars delivered on time without any complaint whatsoever, so it is not as if he has not proven himself somehow, otherwise those who patronise him would not have. Dunno what happened, but looking at the bigger picture, the delays recently afflicting his orders only just started within the three/four months margin meaning that - the festive season (which is kinda his first considering that he only recently started trading, hence would not have gotten the hang of the importance of the relevance of time factor in getting orders moving), the introduction of the new CTN and the loss of his Brother played a major contributory part in throwing spanners in his works and knocking the winds out of his sail. . .

It is clear he has definitely paid or made part-payment to secure Customers cars otherwise the cars would have been sold to someone else,  meaning you people would have been getting something totally different from what you ordered. And having tied down money on 3/4/ or however many cars at stake, he must have feared that would be the wrong time for Customers to be told some foreboding news such as . . . which would have led to all the Customers defecting at once and demanding their monies back and also lead to him loosing all the deposit he'd paid to secure those cars, hence the reason he must have gotten himself in a quandry and not know how to keep carrying Customers along. 

He must have shown you the particular pictures of the cars you requested to purchase and what this signifies is that it is not his intent to run away with people's money, hence is not out to defraud anyone, though i understand you have the right to still be miffed. Some of the Customers would have probably ordered the car to meet a specific purpose, and would be dissappointed that promises were not kept, but we all need to be grateful to our maker that we are still alive to see today. What is the purpose of a car if the intendee driver's soul is long departed.

I am not trying to make excuses for anyone, neither am I condoning the delay, but I just needed to clear the air and nip the alledged fraudster accusation and label in the bud, and to reassure everyone that they would surely be getting their cars soon. He is not a fraudster, It is just unfortunate that he could not foresee the situation ahead, and then panicked like a deer caught in the light and didn't know where to turn to pacify his customers. So like I said, you will get your car and hopefully he would meet you somewhere in the middle to make sure you are not out of pocket and hopefully learn the art of keeping customers in the loop from the get go and keeping them abreast of potential niggling issues as and when they arise. Oh and he needs to loose hos sychopants, before their foot-in-mouth antics does him more damage than can be rectified.
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Piedpiper(m): 10:40am On Jan 26, 2011
@Gaylord
Man I feel your pain, even worse off.
@Busybody
You do not want to come off as a spokes person but overall ,you just did. Cause you just cannot gaurantee delivery as you aint German, abi?
@others
No Piedpiper is certainly not a Gaylord! grin
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by gaylord: 12:39pm On Jan 26, 2011
@ Pipedidier

Thank you for your comments. To be honest it would amount to waste of time replying to people like busy_body.Her comments are unjust and bias

I have not called German 007 a fraudster rather I have asked him to come out clean and tell us timescales I.e vessel dates , BOL issued dates , expected time of arrival ,

I would keep my fingers crossed, this is a deal that started 5months and we are in the middle of nowhere, 20 times I have been told your 'car gets to naija tommoro, and some people like busy body have the gut to spit rubbish , haba
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by t0kunb0(m): 1:13pm On Jan 26, 2011
@gaylord
If u knew busy well enuff, u'd no she didnt jst spit rubbish. . . . . . i totally disagree trust me on this 1 wink. I hope u've been in communicado wif Okhai as this thread isnt actually the "most ideal" place to get answers to all your numerous questions. Im sure if u didnt have faith in him in the first place, u wld not av made dat initial deposit (honestly i dont no the details of your dealings with him). i aint here to justify his actions, but like busy said u'll definately get your car, it's very unfortunate that it's taken longer than "promisedsssssssssssssssssss" cry

@pied
I hail ooooooooooooooooooooooo

@inspired/Monitor
It'll be a good idea to make some confirmations from both parties ASAP. . . .gaylord is prolly not the only one wif similar issues Houston we have a problem!!!!!
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by sunshinemi: 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2011
Credibility my foot !
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by gaylord: 5:08pm On Jan 26, 2011
Dear Forumites

The main reason why I started this thread is for German to come out in open and fill in the forms

Has the Vehicle after five months sailed , yes , no

BOL issued date ,

Date of vehicle arrival in lagos ,

Delivery to owner ,

I purposely created this thread so that good people would follow it and see if we are on course and truthful with ourselves. I am tired of being posted uneccessarily, such an attitude amounts to insulting my intelligence.

I have taken the last five months as wasted, hence I now assume the ride was bought last week. If I start narrating what has transpired between myself and German over the last five months am sure people would be surprised that I waited this long.

In a nutshell timelines is what we require here and everyone would follow this thread daily to see if there is any progress.

I cant remember how many times I have been told the ride would arrive tommorow in Lagos ,
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Consensus: 5:18pm On Jan 26, 2011
shocked
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by kidsam: 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2011
I just hope all these pre-order guys will be sincere and deliver. Its bad when someone gives you his/her hard earned money for business in which you are going to make profit and all you can think of is how to outsmart him.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, don't try it with me oooooo
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 26, 2011
@gaylord,

I have received communications from German007 stating that he wil update this thread with current information.  Lets be a bit patient until he states his case.  German informed me that he has all purchase receipts and Dock receipts showing that your ML was purchased and delivered to the Port late last year.  I think this means that we can basically rule out fraud in this case.

We are determined to make this Auto mart the best in Africa. We've been building this section up for years and we can see how our dealers have learnt from growing pains and  become better at what they do. If the root cause of German's issues lie in his freight forwarder and/or the shipper used by the forwarder, we will recommend freight forwarders with proven track records.

I believe this issue will be resolved amicable. I apologize on behalf of those concerned for any inconveniences suffered by the buyer.

Monitor_1    
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Piedpiper(m): 6:26pm On Jan 26, 2011
Ok Monitor. wink
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Odunnu: 6:55pm On Jan 26, 2011
*subscribing*
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Busybody2(f): 7:31pm On Jan 26, 2011
sunshinemi:

and how sure are you?

i know three different people that bought cars from OKHAI (GERMAN007) that took no less than 5months and more for the cars to be delivered. It was story upon story and one lie after the other from okhai. It is because so many people kept quiet about the antics of Okhai that has allowed him get away with so many things.

If every single person that has dealt with german007 in the last 8months or so should open a thread narrating his ordeal, you will have no less than 8 threads if not more.

Credibility my foot !

[size=16pt]He may have started well[/size] but he has since long lost the plot and he obviously can no longer handle preoder transactions successfully.

All i can say is that i will never recommend him to anyone and anyone that deals with him should thread with serious serious serious serious caution.

Mr Abimbola, i am surprised this is coming from you. You cannot claim not to be aware of numerous private complaints that have been made to you from buyers on this forum regarding german007

How sure am I of what undecided What was your query again undecided Why are you throwing tantrums and spitting out your dummy at me undecided Did you not just say the same thing I said that he started off well without a hitch. . .and to think you even managed to succintly quote the exact place I said this, yet it flew over your head undecided I nor get case with you so please free me abeg cool And this I am asking nicely please cool

@ Gaylord

Yes my post was directed to you, but I used the term "Customers" throughout, meaning there is more than one of you, so no, it is not you who's called him a fraudster, I apologise for not making this clear enough cool

t0kunb0:

@gaylord
If u knew busy well enuff, u'd no she didnt jst spit rubbish. . . . . . i totally disagree trust me on this 1 wink. I hope u've been in communicado wif Okhai as this thread isnt actually the "most ideal" place to get answers to all your numerous questions. Im sure if u didnt have faith in him in the first place, u wld not av made dat initial deposit (honestly i dont no the details of your dealings with him). i aint here to justify his actions, but like busy said u'll definately get your car, it's very unfortunate that it's taken longer than "promisedsssssssssssssssssss" cry

Thanks for summarising what I was trying to get across that I have neither justified his action nor the delay cool
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Osama10(m): 11:56pm On Jan 26, 2011
Hmmn.
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by german007(m): 12:35am On Jan 27, 2011
[b]
Sorry house for the belated response. Been off the laptop the entire day.

I've been dealing, pre-ordering and supplying cars genuinely on here for a while now, if I've ever defrauded anyone, intentionally or non-intentionally. I implore the victim to come forth and state the facts. We Nigerians should desist from attempting to ruin each other at the slightest opportunity.

It's just appropriate that all peaceful means to resolution should have been exhausted before coming On board. I called you two days ago didn't get an answer and you've come on board to kickstart yet another "German007" thread.

I will attach reciept, title and dock reciept which will prove that  funds have been used for the right purposes and your car does exist. I duly admit neglecting the CTN enforcement notice which most frieght forwarders were sending newsletter's and circular's to all importers for, Why?. Ctn has supposedly been enforced in the past (in the early part of 2010) with no one paying it or adhering to it, which is why I assumed it'l be the same false alarm earlier carried out in the year.

This was the predominant reason for the failure in Timothy's EOD from loading the November vessel which would have allowed it arrive in December. One page1 of the Timothy thread I did mention having apologised to a nairalander (you) who had an ML affected by the same issue as seen on the link, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=567761.msg7331281#msg7331281[/b]

[quote][/quote]

The Sudden CTN enforcement affected four of my units as I stated above.

A nairalanders. Mercedes Benz ML and another one's 2002 Mazda MPV were affected by this,

I have publicly apologised to Tim, and all those affected. And still do to this very moment.

cool

After the CTN was processed, the unit was scheduled to load the next available for early January, I had the full confidence it had sailed as scheduled since the CTN was done, I expected the BL a few days later but didn't. I notified Mr Gaylord the vessel ETA Changed and was unfortunately beyond my control.

The shipping agency I used for this ML320, Oceanlane shipping informed me the next ETA was the 11th of January, I again expected the BOL after this date, did'nt recieve it yet again, contacted the shipper and was told by the shippers the ETA had changed again.

My Gaylord, where you have the notion that I decietfully informed you your vessel arrives tommorow over 20 times remains a mystery to me.

The shiplines due to have loaded the vessel was the Sallaum ship Lines. According to the shipper as seen on the email below they have had the ETA's from NewJersey changed a few times from December last year,  As seen on the email below, I enquired formally as to why this was the case.

> From: amy@oceanems.com
> To: aokhai@hotmail.com
> Subject: RE: 2002 Mercedes ML at Bayonne NJ
> Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:06:03 -0500

Okhai
>
> The current sailing date is today, 1/26/11, ETA Lagos 2/15.
>
> I'm attaching the last four sailing schedules so you can show them to your
> clients. While there has been no official reason for the delay, we do know
> that last week they changed the port rotation which caused yet another
> delay.
>
> We should have a load list by tomorrow afternoon.
>
>
> Regards
> Amy Derthick
> Oceane Marine Shipping, Inc.
> 407 East Maple Street
> Suite 301
> Cumming, GA 30040
> Tel: 678-513-1988
> Fax: 678-513-4388
> amy@oceanems.com
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Okhai Ajakaiye [mailto:aokhai@hotmail.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:35 AM
> To: amy@oceanems.com
> Subject: 2002 Mercedes ML at Bayonne NJ
>
> Hello,
>
> Could you please confirm to us, when this vessel is expected to sail and how
> many times the sail date has been postponed, with dates they were due to
> have sailed.
>
> Also what is the reason for the recurring postponement of the sail dates for
> the vessel.
>

I have attached pics of the Bill of Sale, Title and DOCK RCPT to further demonstrate proof and authenticity of an ongoing transaction.

As seen on the email above, the vessel should sail Tonite which means we will recieve a BOL notification within a Maximum of three days from now as long as it sailed as scheduled. Shippers have informed me that the intended vessel name is the HYUNDAI and VOYAGE NUMBER 202. To clear the air, I promise to post the copy of the original Bill of Laden once sent to me.

I never claimed to be the most perfect dealer alive and duly apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Business & morality, uprightness & virtue Works pari passu, Come ceee, come saaa.

Il keep on keeping on in my chosen area of business which I duly enjoy and do with a passion,  Trust and transparency work hand in hand.

Let both pray for a successful arrival of the stunning german machine.

cool

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Nautillus(m): 12:39am On Jan 27, 2011
interesting,
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by german007(m): 12:51am On Jan 27, 2011
sunshinemi:

and how sure are you?

i know three different people that bought cars from OKHAI (GERMAN007) that took no less than 5months and more for the cars to be delivered. It was story upon story and one lie after the other from okhai. It is because so many people kept quiet about the antics of Okhai that has allowed him get away with so many things.

If every single person that has dealt with german007 in the last 8months or so should open a thread narrating his ordeal, you will have no less than 8 threads if not more.

Credibility my foot !

He may have started well but he has since long lost the plot and he obviously can no longer handle preoder transactions successfully.

All i can say is that i will never recommend him to anyone and anyone that deals with him should thread with serious serious serious serious caution.

Mr Abimbola, i am surprised this is coming from you. You cannot claim not to be aware of numerous private complaints that have been made to you from buyers on this forum regarding german007

ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DISSARAY AND FURTHER TENSION. FAILED.

******, Its very easy to spot a fabricated username. You and I both know you truly are ******. Il cease to comment re-the above as the objective and tone of your post sounds largely biased and predispositioned.

How I wish our dear Mr Inspired truly knows the things you said about him to me.

Im off now, as I have a busy day tommorow. Next time I post here will be when I post a copy of Mr Gaylord's BOL.

cool
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by german007(m): 1:04am On Jan 27, 2011
Busy_body:

REPOSTED AGAIN cool

To the OP

Gosh, I don't even know how to proceed so kindly bear with me and, sorry if I come across as preachy, please forgive me. I have only encountered you during the Vicjustice is Gaylord brouhaha which used to transpire in the travel section which I never believed anywyay, anyhoo sorry for digressing. My take on this issue goes thus:

This young chap burst into our midst barely more than a year ago and in that time, managed to get everyone's cars delivered on time without any complaint whatsoever, so it is not as if he has not proven himself somehow, otherwise those who patronise him would not have. Dunno what happened, but looking at the bigger picture, the delays recently afflicting his orders only just started within the three/four months margin meaning that - the festive season (which is kinda his first considering that he only recently started trading, hence would not have gotten the hang of the importance of the relevance of time factor in getting orders moving), the introduction of the new CTN and the loss of his Brother played a major contributory part in throwing spanners in his works and knocking the winds out of his sail. . .

It is clear he has definitely paid or made part-payment to secure Customers cars otherwise the cars would have been sold to someone else, meaning you people would have been getting something totally different from what you ordered. And having tied down money on 3/4/ or however many cars at stake, he must have feared that would be the wrong time for Customers to be told some foreboding news such as . . . which would have led to all the Customers defecting at once and demanding their monies back and also lead to him loosing all the deposit he'd paid to secure those cars, hence the reason he must have gotten himself in a quandry and not know how to keep carrying Customers along.

He must have shown you the particular pictures of the cars you requested to purchase and what this signifies is that it is not his intent to run away with people's money, hence is not out to defraud anyone, though i understand you have the right to still be miffed. Some of the Customers would have probably ordered the car to meet a specific purpose, and would be dissappointed that promises were not kept, but we all need to be grateful to our maker that we are still alive to see today. What is the purpose of a car if the intendee driver's soul is long departed.

I am not trying to make excuses for anyone, neither am I condoning the delay, but I just needed to clear the air and nip the alledged fraudster accusation and label in the bud, and to reassure everyone that they would surely be getting their cars soon. He is not a fraudster, It is just unfortunate that he could not foresee the situation ahead, and then panicked like a deer caught in the light and didn't know where to turn to pacify his customers. So like I said, you will get your car and hopefully he would meet you somewhere in the middle to make sure you are not out of pocket and hopefully learn the art of keeping customers in the loop from the get go and keeping them abreast of potential niggling issues as and when they arise. Oh and he needs to loose hos sychopants, before their foot-in-mouth antics does him more damage than can be rectified.

Thanks for your very factual post busybody.

cool
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Delta007(m): 2:32am On Jan 27, 2011
German007 and other dealers:

I'm not pointing fingers but this is just my advice. I was in the auto business before Nairaland was established. I have since moved on to other bigger things; however, it's obvious that in this business of importation/exportation, there are some delays which you cannot control as a dealer. This is the reason why you have to keep your customer informed from day one. It's true that if you tell customers that they'd get their vehicles after 5mths, you'd likely not get their patronage. So it's common to see auto dealers or Nigerian importers give optimistic (or less realistic) dates. On the average, these dates are likely not met. Regardless, you cannot keep your customer in the dark.

My experience on NL in 2008 made me abandon this auto section for a while. I closed my US Adesa Auction account in 2006 to concentrate on other businesses. However, in 2008, I wanted to suprise my mum for her birthday who had just relocated to Nigeria with a vehicle. I was/am familiar the whole process and I contacted a dealer on NL. I spoke with him a few times and he guaranteed a 30day delivery (I did not force him). He gave me a fair price for an '07 Murano and I went to Baltimore to give him a money order (paid in full). This occured in mid March '08 and the vehicle did not sail till June. My mum's bday was in May. Most times (if not all), I initiated the call and I remember telling the dude why he did not keep me updated. His response was "if you did not hear anything from me, nothing has changed". How the hell do you think I'd feel? You didnt deliver on your promise and then you cannot even spare 2mins every week to make me feel aight? I mean, I paid in full. Funny enough, he yelled at me on the phone and hung up on me. I just ignored him and started contacting the freightforwarder directly and when the vehicle sailed, I was the one who informed him to go pick up the BOL and DHL it to my agent in Lagos asap. My money could have been chilling in the bank collecting some interest, no matter how small. Yeah, that period, the ports in the East Coast were facing challenges and I was not expecting him to be a miracle worker but I expected him to be a sales man; someone that I can recommend. Yeah, I eventually got the vehicle but never recommended him to anyone. I remember calling Jenju after the episode to ask if that's how he operated his business. To keep my sanity, I reopened my account and I now purchase directly from the auctions or any dealer whenever I (or a sibling/relative/friend) want a vehicle. I was ready to pay someone to do the logistics for me cos I did not have the time but with all the headache of the first order, I did not see any point paying someone else to make phonecalls for me. Since 2008, I have purchased and shipped over 60 vehicles and trucks from the US; now, that's business that the dude would have had if he played his cards right.

I read Timothy's thread few mins ago (the other Honda Accord delay); I sympathise with him and from my understanding, you did not keep him abreast. One thing some of you dealers need to come to terms with is that there is a time value of money. If I wanted to preorder a vehicle in Sept and you give me some sort of assurance that you can deliver before Christmas when I'd be in Nigeria, then you missing that date (no matter the logistics screwup) is a breach of contract. No two way about it. The onus is on you to pacify the client. Different folks react differently. Some may keep quiet while others may come to NL to vent their anger and frustration. Yeah, when they get the vehicle they'd be happy but the happiness may just be relief.

So to German, I've seen a few of your threads and you seem like a decent chap. Brush up a little and build a reputation of competency. Goodluck and I hope you make this client (and others) happy.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 27, 2011
embarassed cry SMH
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by inspiredm(m): 9:43am On Jan 27, 2011
sunshinemi:

Credibility my foot !

He may have started well but he has since long lost the plot and he obviously can no longer handle preoder transactions successfully.

Sunshinemi, Being Moderators, it is expected that some aggrieved members/buyers who may not enjoy Publicity would have laid Complaints to our Personal Emails,

In Most cases, they were mostly caused by miscommunication / Logistics issues from Seller to Buyer and the issues were/are being resolved amicably.

There has so Far been No Fraudulent Case reported till date.

@ German007

I Would Implore you to Keep your Customers Abreast about True Situation of their Consignments at all times, Date Changes, Port Back Logs, Vessel Delays, etc,  are circumstances Beyond your Control.

As Suggested earlier, if the Problem Lies with your Shippers or Freight Forwarders, We can recommend Up to Par Freight Forwarders/Shippers That knows their Onions.

Life is a Learning Process.

Going by the email from the Shipper, The Vessel departs American Waters today and the Issuance of the BOL Should Put this matter to rest.

Since the commencement of this thread, I have been in touch with Gaylord Via emails as regards this matter and I have assured him everything would be fine.

If there are any other issues as regards the vessel or this Vehicle in General, you may either send an email to Monitor_1 or my Humble Self.

I wish you the Best Of Luck

Have a wonderful Day.
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Delta007(m): 3:38pm On Jan 27, 2011
I find it odd that some of you (just like you have done, Inspired) are quick to dismiss a complaint simply because a seller has shown a receipt and BOL. So, what is a fraudulent case to you? Just curious? Is it only when that the seller absconds with the buyer's money or does it include a seller not meeting his commitments (timeline, specs, etc)? The fact that good customer service is non-existent in Nigeria, does not mean it is right.

In my case (as posted above), if the seller had informed me about the port situation, I'd have made a more informed decision. It was after I paid him in full and enquired a couple weeks later when the vehicle ought to have sailed, that he told me he had another vehicle that had been stuck in the port for three months; so my case is unusual and I should relax. WTH?  This was money I could have used to do other business; God knows I would have probably doubled the money I gave to the seller in 3mths; that's opportunity cost right there and I was the loser. Economic profits-wise, I was a bigger loser. To me, that's fraud. So, in the pre-order business, what risks does the seller assume? In your world, none, I guess since he/she can show a receipt and BOL. I ended up purchasing another vehicle from Cosharis in Lagos so as to meet my "suprise" commitment to my mother. I'm sure buyers who go the pre-order route know what to do with their money; they are definitely not looking for a pseudo-bank to keep it for 4-5mths. This is no different from a seller telling the buyer he can provide a 2010 Acura and he brings a 2007 Beemer and expects the buyer to be content. I know some of you mean well, and this German chap seems like a decent chap however, measure your customer's expectations and keep them happy. It's obviously better to exceed your client's expectation; in business, screwups happen all the time, sometimes they are beyond your control. When they happen, be ready to go out of your way and cut deals that will keep your client happy and at ease; sometimes, you'd lose (the margins are pretty tight, I know), but that's the risk you have to take on as a dealer who asks for money upfront. Sometimes, simple phonecalls, emails and being straightforward does wonders. It's funny both seller (German) and buyer (gaylord) seem to be based in Nigeria; long before this happens, if I were in German's shoes, I'd have flown/driven to meet gaylord and had a chat with him over some drinks/meal just to make him feel at ease that I'm not posting him. I'm not telling anyone how to run their business but in the service industry, customer intimacy is prime. This epistle is to all dealers, not necessarily German007.

inspired_m:

Sunshinemi, Being Moderators, it is expected that some aggrieved members/buyers who may not enjoy Publicity would have laid Complaints to our Personal Emails,

In Most cases, they were mostly caused by miscommunication / Logistics issues from Seller to Buyer and the issues were/are being resolved amicably.

There has so Far been No Fraudulent Case reported till date.

@ German007

I Would Implore you to Keep your Customers Abreast about True Situation of their Consignments at all times, Date Changes, Port Back Logs, Vessel Delays, etc,  are circumstances Beyond your Control.

As Suggested earlier, if the Problem Lies with your Shippers or Freight Forwarders, We can recommend Up to Par Freight Forwarders/Shippers That knows their Onions.

Life is a Learning Process.

Going by the email from the Shipper, The Vessel departs American Waters today and the Issuance of the BOL Should Put this matter to rest.

Since the commencement of this thread, I have been in touch with Gaylord Via emails as regards this matter and I have assured him everything would be fine.

If there are any other issues as regards the vessel or this Vehicle in General, you may either send an email to Monitor_1 or my Humble Self.

I wish you the Best Of Luck

Have a wonderful Day.

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by gaylord: 4:48pm On Jan 27, 2011
@ Moderators

You guys have really been wonderful keep up the good work bro.

@ Delta007

God bless you bro, your posts has been one the most mature ones I have seen.

@ Consesus

FYI when I opened this thread, I never asked retards like you to come onboard and spit rubbish. I have noticed how you always quickly write something when you hear German ,  If NLs keep quiet they aren't fools. Its obvious from your attitude that you are being asked to do a slave job.

Who bloody cares if German has delivered 1000 limos for your dad? we are talking about transparency and breach of trust here and you are flying around like , hmmmn . Anyways  nor be your fault na German rain bring duck with hen

This is my thread so save your opinion to yourself.

You keep saying every dealer on NL has skeleton in there cupboard ,  name one and shame the devil ,  oloshi

German has almost completed one milestones out of the three required, so we are all watching
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by Consensus: 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2011
@Gaylord. You're more than free to use whatever language you wish. I'm way above par from you therefore I won't resort to trading words with you. I say the obvious as I see it. It's down to the individual clients to complain. Besides, this isn't your thread, its nairaland's thread. You're not nairaland, you're a nairaland forumite.
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is by inspiredm(m): 7:24pm On Jan 27, 2011
Delta007:

I find it odd that some of you (just like you have done, Inspired) are quick to dismiss a complaint simply because a seller has shown a receipt and BOL. So, what is a fraudulent case to you? Just curious? Is it only when that the seller absconds with the buyer's money or does it include a seller not meeting his commitments (timeline, specs, etc)? The fact that good customer service is non-existent in Nigeria, does not mean it is right.

In my case (as posted above), if the seller had informed me about the port situation, I'd have made a more informed decision. It was after I paid him in full and enquired a couple weeks later when the vehicle ought to have sailed, that he told me he had another vehicle that had been stuck in the port for three months; so my case is unusual and I should relax. WTH?  This was money I could have used to do other business; God knows I would have probably doubled the money I gave to the seller in 3mths; that's opportunity cost right there and I was the loser. Economic profits-wise, I was a bigger loser. To me, that's fraud. So, in the pre-order business, what risks does the seller assume? In your world, none, I guess since he/she can show a receipt and BOL. I ended up purchasing another vehicle from Cosharis in Lagos so as to meet my "suprise" commitment to my mother. I'm sure buyers who go the pre-order route know what to do with their money; they are definitely not looking for a pseudo-bank to keep it for 4-5mths. This is no different from a seller telling the buyer he can provide a 2010 Acura and he brings a 2007 Beemer and expects the buyer to be content. I know some of you mean well, and this German chap seems like a decent chap however, measure your customer's expectations and keep them happy. It's obviously better to exceed your client's expectation; in business, screwups happen all the time, sometimes they are beyond your control. When they happen, be ready to go out of your way and cut deals that will keep your client happy and at ease; sometimes, you'd lose (the margins are pretty tight, I know), but that's the risk you have to take on as a dealer who asks for money upfront. Sometimes, simple phonecalls, emails and being straightforward does wonders. It's funny both seller (German) and buyer (gaylord) seem to be based in Nigeria; long before this happens, if I were in German's shoes, I'd have flown/driven to meet gaylord and had a chat with him over some drinks/meal just to make him feel at ease that I'm not posting him. I'm not telling anyone how to run their business but in the service industry, customer intimacy is prime. This epistle is to all dealers, not necessarily German007.

Delta007.

In this Part of the World, Breach Of  Contract is Different From Fraud.

FRAUD IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE WHILE BREACH OF CONTRACT IS NOT A CRIMINAL OFFENCE.

[b]The Seller has Obviously Breached the Contractual Agreement he had with the Buyer with Delayed Timelines, That Does not Mean he has Defrauded Him.

The Buyer Has Not requested for His Money Re funded, and the Seller has Neither absconded, All he wanted was to know the True status Of His vehicle.

Usually In Cases Like this, Seller Can give a discount and/or Compensation to the Buyer for the delays in delivery OR Both Buyer and seller can come to a Mutual Agreement On Compensation terms ( if any )

German 007 Has shown receipts and dock receipts, and In No where in My Posts did you see me dismiss The Complaints of the Buyer.

The BUYER Himself has Contacted the Shipper directly Who Confirmed that truly A Car is sitting at the Port Just payments to be made before Proceeding.

From the Evidences Made Available On this matter, I will Personally RULE out Fraud in this Case.

BREACH OF CONTRACT ?  YES

The main aim is not to criticize the Seller nor Dismiss the Buyers Complaint But to see an amicable resolution to the Matter.[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clean 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV For Sale!!!!!! / Peugeot 307cc / Pre-order Your Car From The USA, Deliveries before Xmas Guaranteed + Free Gift:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.