Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine (5754 Views)

Bola Tinubu's Fence And The Sambisa Forest Poster. #WTF / Shock And Terror: Islamic State Boasts Mass Executions In Iraq (GRAPHIC) / Shock And Terror: Islamic State Boasts Mass Executions In Iraq (GRAPHIC CONTENT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by nduchucks: 12:37am On Jan 26, 2011
shocked shocked shocked

Shock and disbelief could best describe the mood of Anambra State Deputy Governor, Mr. Emeka Sibeudu and the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) for the state, Prof. Chukwuemeka Onukaogu, yesterday when the duo led security operatives to discover four registration centres located at a shrine in a deep forest.

The four centres which are in the deep Nziko forest at Nteje in Oyi Local Government Area, were manned by registration officers and had, at the time of the discovery, registered only about 200 voters since the commencement of the exercise 10 days ago.
Following security reports made available to Governor Peter Obi, his deputy and the REC led security operatives to the forest where the startling revelation of the four centres with the accompanying Direct Data Capture (DDC) machines was made.
On arrival at the forest which took about 40 minutes drive from the nearest residential area, the registration officers, mainly corps members, were idle and gazing at the machines with virtually nobody to register.

Reacting to the incident, the shock-stricken Prof. Onukaogu, described as painful, the discovery of four centres serving nobody in a thick forest when there were not enough machines for potential voters in places like Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi, Adazi, Agulu and others.
He said: “I have heard of floating/flying polling booths. Today, I have seen one. I am sad that there are four machines wasting here, whereas there are no machines in Onitsha, Eke Awka, Ozubulu, Nnewi and parts of Anaocha where thousands of people are waiting to be registered.”

Onukaogu noted that the four centres had registered only about 200 voters since the exercise started 10 days ago, when the same machines would have registered several thousands had they been located in densely-populated areas.
He said the irregular location of the centres also posed grave risk to the registration officers and the machines, questioning, “how will I evacuate men and machines in the event of danger?”
The REC boss alleged that the centres have been secured by an influential politician from the area, who would want to use it to rig election, but assured that he would remove three machines and leave one behind, just as he would need to meet with the registration officials before taking action.

Onukaogu stressed that he was constrained by the fact that the “floating registration centres” deep in the forest were documented from the INEC Abuja headquarters and assured it would be corrected. Also speaking, the Deputy Governor, who expressed shock at the location of the registration centres, said: “We have shortfalls in machines. But in the forest here, there are four machines lying idle. All the people we met here are not up to 10. But if you go to some other places, you will find thousands of people waiting to be registered”.

cont'd
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by nduchucks: 12:38am On Jan 26, 2011

Describing such registration centres as what people use to perpetuate electoral fraud, the deputy governor said: “This, I can assure you, is part of the rascality of the past which the present government under Mr. Peter Obi is trying hard to stamp out of the state.”
However, a former deputy chairman of Oyi Local Government, Chief Samuel Offorkansi, who is overseeing affairs at the voting centres, insisted that the place had been serving as voting and registration centres since 1998, stressing that contrary to what the people think, the centres were in the midst of densely populated villages.

Source

Wonders shall neve end.  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by AndreUweh(m): 12:41am On Jan 26, 2011
@the poster, there is nothing wrong with that. In the east, electoral bodies do not build polling stations but makes use of town halls, village squares etc.
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by blacksta(m): 12:42am On Jan 26, 2011
lol

DDc machine inside deep forest - abi them wan register animals and spirits too
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by asha80(m): 12:44am On Jan 26, 2011
even though it is well known that anambra has densely populated villages with some thick bushes in between these villages the location of that registration point is suspect.why not a more open center in near houses or halls?why in the bush/
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by presido1: 12:46am On Jan 26, 2011
Them carry generator abi na battery the power the ddc machine. Nigeria i haillllllllllllllll oooh.
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by nduchucks: 12:49am On Jan 26, 2011
Andre Uweh:

@the poster, there is nothing wrong with that. In the east, electoral bodies do not build polling stations but makes use of town halls, village squares etc.

If there is nothing wrong, why are INEC officials and the deputy Governor shocked?  Did you read the article at all? I'm disappointed with you for your laziness.  olodo
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 26, 2011
na okija shrine transport am there.

ndu_chucks:

If there is nothing wrong, why are INEC officials and the deputy Governor shocked? Did you read the article at all? I'm disappointed atyour laziness. mumu
You're asking Andre Uweh to read? You'll find better luck at training a poodle.
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by AndreUweh(m): 12:53am On Jan 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

na okija shrine transport am there.
You're asking Andre Uweh to read? You'll find better luck at training a poodle.
Ikwikwi, am not responsible for your barreness, so pay attention to the topic. Monkey.
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by AndreUweh(m): 12:56am On Jan 26, 2011
ndu_chucks:

If there is nothing wrong, why are INEC officials and the deputy Governor shocked? Did you read the article at all? I'm disappointed with you for your laziness. olodo
Do I need to read you crap?, for two years now I have not read your bollocks because I know what they imply. Bingo.
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 26, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Do I need to read you crap?, for two years now I have not read your bollocks because I know what they imply. Bingo.

Then wouldnt it make much more sense not to post since you dont know what da hell you're replying to?

No wonder you sounded re-tarded here. . . .

Andre Uweh:

@the poster, t[b]here is nothing wrong with that. [/b]In the east, electoral bodies do not build polling stations but makes use of town halls, village squares etc.
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by dayokanu(m): 1:06am On Jan 26, 2011
Thou shall not disenfranchise the spirits and Goblins
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by Nobody: 1:07am On Jan 26, 2011
Na compurra machine dem chop this time, who knows what's next? Hide your kids, hide your wife, hide husband cuz they kidnapping e'rything up in here.
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by dayokanu(m): 1:11am On Jan 26, 2011
Soon we would have a story saying

[size=28pt]Spirits and Goblins endore GEJ[/size]
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by AndreUweh(m): 1:12am On Jan 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Then wouldnt it make much more sense not to post since you dont know what da hell you're replying to?

No wonder you sounded re-tarded here. . . .

The pig does not post anything that has no Igbo this or that. That's why, I want to shred this his imbecilic thread. So absorb that in your empty skull Anophelles Ekitie.
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 26, 2011
Andre Uweh:

The pig does not post anything that has no Igbo this or that. That's why, I want to shred this his [b]imbecilic [/b]thread. So absorb that in your empty skull Anophelles Ekitie.

But the more you post, the more it backfires on you. You think you dont sound imbecilic right now?
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by Freewilly(f): 1:19am On Jan 26, 2011
Andre Uweh:

The pig does not post anything that has no Igbo this or that. That's why, I want to shred this his imbecilic thread. So absorb that in your empty skull Anophelles Ekitie.

How can she see an Igbo thread and walk away without trying to flirt with an Igbo guy, can you not see what's going on.

Andre uwannm pls hook her up with one of your peoples so this her frustration with go away. cry
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by nduchucks: 1:24am On Jan 26, 2011
@Andrew Uweh, I don't have time for an attention seeking intellectual midget like you. Egbe ndi Israeli piafuka gi si, additionally, Okwute Palestinians piafuka gi blokus. cheesy
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 26, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@Andrew Uweh, I don't have time for an attention seeking intellectual midget like you. Egbe ndi Israeli piafuka gi si, additionally, Okwute [b]Palestinians [/b]piafuka gi blokus. cheesy

Be careful before you find your house "kidnapped" grin
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by aljharem(m): 1:26am On Jan 26, 2011
Freewilly:

How can she see an Igbo thread and walk away without trying to flirt with an Igbo guy, can you not see what's going on.

Andre uwannm pls hook her up with one of your peoples so this her frustration with go away. cry

madam, if that is the way you flirt in your house then you must be very cheap to sleep with ,.,. i tell ya wink

i see no flirting here,.,.,.,.,. and i do not see her begging for a man undecided
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by asha80(m): 1:27am On Jan 26, 2011
are u guys sure ileke idi is a woman?i have never see any woman so much involved in things like this.
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by fstranger1: 1:28am On Jan 26, 2011
alj harem:

madam, if that is the way you flirt in your house then you must be very cheap to sleep with ,.,. i tell ya wink

i see no flirting here,.,.,.,.,. and i do not see her begging for a man undecided

You rock!
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by Freewilly(f): 1:30am On Jan 26, 2011
alj harem:

My shadow is back, grin grin grin
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by fstranger1: 1:31am On Jan 26, 2011
Freewilly:

My shadow is back, grin grin grin

So how much does it take to dive into your Igbo punny?

20 bucks?
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by Nobody: 1:36am On Jan 26, 2011
asha 80:

are u guys sure ileke idi is a woman?i have never see any woman so much involved in things like this.

I have two balls, if that satisfies your curiosity.
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by dave2(m): 11:11am On Jan 26, 2011
@ Ileke-Idi

U mean u have 2 balls? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Well, it depends on where the balls are located grin grin grin grin ;

If they are located upper region, then u are a lady.
But if they are located down region, then u are a guy.

So, where are they located please? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 26, 2011
Who says ibo evil spirits cannot vote ? Abeg make them check okija shrine jare for ''evilized'' machines. grin
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by rhymz(m): 11:33am On Jan 26, 2011
asha 80:

Do you blame the senile Bimbo? Since she can't get a job in real life, she now spends most part of her useless time spewing bullocks and making herself porpular for the wrong reasons. That is what Nairaland can do to an average person when they fail to draw the line and obsess themselves with frivolities, now her past time job is prowling 24hr and 7days a wk hopping on every thread and plaguing it with her nuisance while others are busy working in real life!
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 26, 2011
asha 80:

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 26, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Who says ibo evil spirits cannot vote ? Abeg make them check okija shrine jare for ''evilized'' machines. grin
i know you wont be missing in such thread like this. Its best place to comment but what it gains you i dnt know!
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 26, 2011
Toaskarity:

i know you wont be missing in such thread like this. Its best place to comment but what it gains you i dnt know!
It points to one thing and that is ''Ibo are the ones corrupting yoruba''.philip0906 can attest to that. grin grin
Re: Shock And Disbelief - Registration Centers Found In Anambra's Evil Forest Shrine by WackyJ1(m): 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2011
Nigeria always the same. Scarcity in one place, waste in another

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Cause of The Mismanagement of Africa? / Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt / No Reliable Statistics On Nigeria's Poverty Rate- World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.