Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain (2967 Views)

Illegal Entry By Spain In The Schengen Information System / Any Nigerian Citizen Living In Egypt Or Libya?? / Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain by wales(m): 6:15pm On Jun 12, 2007
A Nigerian illegal immigrant died while being deported from Spain with a restraining gag over his mouth, Spanish media reported on Monday.

The Iberia jet flying 97 passengers to Nigeria had to turn back to Spain and land in Alicante on Saturday after crew discovered that Osamuyia Aikpitanhi (23) had died, newspaper El Pais said.

Police union sources told El Pais Aikpitanhi may have died after swallowing a gag taped over his mouth to prevent him biting extradition officers.

Spain, which received more immigrants than any other European country in 2006, has stepped up deportations and entry refusals to 23 000 so far this year.

According to reports, The guys only offence is that he had no resident permit and therefore had to be deported which the guy refused and resisted, after much arguements and pleas, the police resorted to beating him away from public view until they succeeded in injecting him with what was later known as a tranquilizer with his mouth being closed with a plastic tape and both hands and legs firmly tied with ropes . They loaded him into the plane covering him with a sack thereby preventing him from passengers view.
Mid air when the air plane was already 3 hrs airborne, the pilot announced to the passengers that they had to make an emergency return to spain without actually lething passengers know what was going on. It was the greatest shock of other Nigerians as the saw the red cross of spain trying to revive the already dead nigerian handsome young boy who it was later discovered that he was littered with waste(****) to confirm how he has been struggling between life and death for who knows how many hours? but couldnt be able to shout out as his killers tied his hands and legs with mouth closed and was even hidden from other Nigerians aboard the Iberia plane.

Infact they killed him as a criminal, a terrorist and i dont know which other appropriate word to use here but the boys only offence was that he was an illegal immigrant !!!!!

I am filled up with pains and tears as i write this but please where is my brother Big K, SLB,
and my brother Ithinkbetter who is a neighbour to spain and all NVS family who could be found in nigeria?

We have to organise if possible a protest to the Embassy of Spain in Nigeria and the Nigerian Embassy in spain and also to the Iberia airlines.
This have to stop and now, Ministry of foreign affiars and all those in authority must be sent copies of this thread.
This have to stop. A very young man is not supposed to die, for what?

Please i am counting on all villagers and more espescially our able Big K to do something with your Cyber ingenuity.

WE NEED TO STOP THIS WASTAGE OF NIGERIAN LIVES BY THIS BAST, A, RDS,
Re: Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain by xploits777(m): 6:39am On Jun 13, 2007
This is very sad, I saw how the british press amplified the way police men gagged a 21 yr old lady who tried to evade arrest a while ago on skynews.
For this to happen to a Nigerian and not one single international media house is reporting this.they are probably afraid of starting up a racial issue,
I think a confrantation at the spanish embassy in Nigeria won't be bad.
ANYONE INTERSTED LET'S MOBILIZE STAGE A PEACEFUL PROTEST!!!
I DON'T EVEN MIND TAKING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST IBERIA AIRLINES HERE!
This is simply EVIL and must be stopped.
goodday.
Re: Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain by tunjikrown(m): 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2007
im in on the protest!
Re: Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain by romeo(m): 11:06pm On Jun 13, 2007
i am in on this protest here and at home if possible, and i am surprised that i am getting this news on the net and i did not see that on spanish tv or press, goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain by Rlst84sale(m): 12:08am On Jun 14, 2007
Please can everyone email this thread to everyone you know all over the world?. If we don't do anything about it it won't stop.
Re: Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain by bigk3: 11:22am On Jun 14, 2007
Guys

There's an ongoing protest letter at NVS. JOIN OTHER NIGERIANS AND NON-NIGERIANS IN PROTESTING THIS: SIGN THE PROTEST LETTER HERE

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/component/option,com_philaform/Itemid,195/form_id,1/

Also call the Nigerian Ambassador to Spain at : +34 915630911

We need a coordinated protest in Nigeria and Spain.
Re: Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain by Aproko(f): 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2007
gagged and killed by spain? i thought spain was a country? when did spain become somebody?

@ topic,

spanish authorities say the man had a criminal record of murder, rape and assault both in Nigeria and Spain. he was gagged because he was assaulting the officers and airline officials. and they believed he swallowed the restraining gag!!!

though i dont think people should be treated like animals, wether white or black, but i just wander if this particular fellow wasn't asking for it!!! undecided
Re: Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain by vikiviko(m): 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2007
There is no point waiting, lets arrange and make a protest at the spanish emabassy.
Arrangements and logistics should be made to the effect.
You can count on me, am ready to lead the protest.
If you are ready to go, pls sign on
Re: Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain by Rlst84sale(m): 8:47pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Aproko

Don't you know that such statement was just a cover up?. If he had such record would they have attempted to deport him without trying him?. If they had issued warrant for his arrest on rape and murder in Spain in particular trying and sentencing him through legal process would normally be the right action not gagging and killing him without fair trial. That was a lie.
Re: Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain by bigk3: 9:59pm On Jun 15, 2007
Hello Folks,

Dont forget to sign the petition. Then mobilize to protest in Spanish embassies around the world next week.

Mobilize, Mobilize, Mobilize
Re: Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:39am On Jun 16, 2007
this is just a case of racial differences. which is unfair. angry
Re: Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain by romeo(m): 3:31pm On Jun 28, 2007
Nigerians protest killing of citizen by Spanish Police

A MASSIVE protest by Nigerians is to be staged tomorrow across the globe to demand a probe into the maltreatment and subsequent killing of a Nigerian, Osamuyia Aikpitanhi, by Spanish law enforcement agencies on June 9, this year.

The march, being organised by a group called Concerned Nigerians Worldwide (CNW), is billed to hold in over 20 countries.

According to reports, Aikpitanhi, a Nigerian immigrant, was arrested by Spanish agents and "loaded" into an Iberia aircraft bound for Lagos, Nigeria.

The operatives beat the Nigerian, bound his hands and legs firmly with ropes, and put a gag over his mouth."

And the man died.

"This is murder," claims Mr. Uche Nworah, spokesperson for the United Kingdom chapter of the CNW.

He added: "Mr. Aikpitanhi, a human being, was treated worse than an animal - his crime was coming to Spain to try and make a better life for himself and his family. Illegal immigrants are deported from host countries all the time, but the level of force used by the Spanish officials was excessive and unjustified. "

The protests will take place at Spanish Embassies worldwide, including those in the United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA), France, Germany, Spain, Brazil and Nigeria. Country chapters of CNW are setting their local times, but full information is available at Hyperlink.
Re: Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain by oge4real(f): 11:11pm On Jun 22, 2009
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Citizen Gagged And Killed By Spain by IKEYMAN1: 12:32am On Jun 23, 2009
hmmmm

[size=20pt]where are the junkieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee crew[/size]

keep fooling yourself

angry!!!

(1) (Reply)

Alternative Hangouts In Lagos (Apart From The Palms And Silverbird) / Nigerian Visa Versus Adding Baby's Name On Mother's Nigeria Passport / Abuja/nyanya Keffi Road Accident, What Is The Necessary Solution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.