Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Finland-how Is The Place - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Finland-how Is The Place (6198 Views)

Finland / Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? / If You Want To Travel To Kenya, Malindi Is The Place. . ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finland-how Is The Place by chiconfire: 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2011
pls nairalanders,
how is finland , is it a good place for studies, how abt getting a job over there.
Re: Finland-how Is The Place by elettrodad(m): 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2011
Hi,
I am not Finnish and I do not live in Finland.
I can only tell you my experience being there some times for few weeks to work.

First: It is cold!
Yes, I know you know but cold really means cold. Minus 10 or more is standard in winter. You should consider this.
Despite of this climate conditions people there is friendly and keep meet each other. But ice and snow for who has no habit to it is a real issue.
This in Winter of course. In summer I think they rarely reach 30°C, so it will not be too hot to.

Study level is very high, on the high side of the rank in european standards. Hi-tech engineers from Finland are very skilled.

To find a job as a general european rule is not an easy task and the finnish economy situation is not at high level as Germany.

Just my 2cents.
Re: Finland-how Is The Place by chiconfire: 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2011
thanks so much, please are there jobs there, like student jobs, am thinking of going there for my masters
Re: Finland-how Is The Place by elettrodad(m): 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2011
I am sorry I cannot answer to this question.
Please check this link: http://www.helsinki.fi/urapalvelut/materiaalit/students_guide.pdf
I hope it can be of help.
Re: Finland-how Is The Place by kadman(m): 11:57pm On Jan 28, 2011
My cousin lives there, and she likes it a lot more than UK, as of when she started school education was totally FREE, she gets to learn a new language and people are friendly. There are also lots of menial jobs that are not too demeaning. Hope that helps

But as someone said,it's really cold. Personally, I feel if you're not sickly you anyone can adapt to cold.

Hope that helps smiley
Re: Finland-how Is The Place by justhustle: 4:53pm On Apr 01, 2011
@KADMAN
am considering finland for my masters degree.can you link me up wif ur cousin,i have some very pressing questions i need to get confirmed from somebody who is living or had lived in finland.
Princewill199@yahoo.com

wif regards to jobs for students,do you have an idea if there are any for students?most posts i have read on this site are kinda contraditory.
cheers

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN / US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 / Info About Oyo North(igbeti And Igboho)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.