Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (46098 Views)

Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? / The Best Internet Connection To Use? / Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Reference(m): 8:20pm On Jan 28, 2011
I think it all depends on location and more importantly what you use the net for. Some want speed (transporters), others need stability (gun slingers), while others need reliability (hairdressers). I tell you no provider has these in absolute terms. I've tried most and the GSM operators score lowest, the independents overrated. I left Starcomms a few years ago and today I'm back. Guess the green grass theory again. Very unfortunate all the abandoned hardware.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by dradoyi(m): 8:23pm On Jan 28, 2011
I feel it all boils down to your location and state. Here in Kaduna i use MTN fastlink and the speed is okay ie if you are in a place with 3G coverage.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by elderbros(m): 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2011
starcomms na winch grin grin grin
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by eherbal(m): 8:51pm On Jan 28, 2011
olu_galaxy:

My fellow naija,

As at d monent, d best internet connect (ISP) in Nigeria today is ipNX, its reliable.

You can visit dier web site: www.ipnxnigeria.net
IPNX is over rated.their service is rubbish.i was at a cybercafe in festac yesterday and the server was nearly non functional for 4hrs.i was refunded and the gentleman was fuming how the server had run him low for sometime now
hakon:

Hyperia is offering High speed Internet connectivity on fiber optics internet solution.
We have a 24 Hours 7 days a week online technical support through our network operations center (NOC).
98% Uptime guaranteed with an excellent Service level Agreement (SLA).
ORDER NOW while promo is still on and get free installation and equipment.
Our internet services are tailored to meet your needs. Below are our prices on fiber optics dedicated Bandwidth.
Free Equipments and Installation

Recurring Bandwidth Cost
Per Month in Naira
128k/128k N45,000.00
256k/256k N75,000.00
512k/512k N150,000.00
1mbs/1mbs N200,000.00
1.5Mbs/1.5Mbs N300,000.00
2mbs/2mbs N400,000.00

Shared Bandwidth Plans are also available on requests.
prices as low as 17500 monthly

see this clown.that's how cobranet,ipnx,one cable came and swindle us with their sweet nonsense and we fell.in short we be ashy for this country,accepting every tom ''dick'' and harry in the quest for good connection.i propose we all drop all our connection for one week in order for to get a better ,affordable and customer friendly service.so many times i wish i can shoot the person responsible for this anomaly.in short we should be enjoying unlimited bandwidth for so little angry

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Augustinaz(m): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2011
ole
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by jabe4u(m): 9:21pm On Jan 28, 2011
i use etisalat and it's not bad, Port Harcourt
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Enouwem(m): 9:39pm On Jan 28, 2011
why dont we have even a single 3g from any isp in Akwa Ibom? undecided undecided
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by yungchap01: 10:02pm On Jan 28, 2011
Hello Guys,

Thanks alot for your Great replies.So far so good i think there is no Internet Service Provider without downtime. From your replies so far have come to realize that there are somethings or factors we need to watch out for before subscribing to the Internet providers such as:

1. Speed

2. Coverage

3. Reliability

I think if there is any Internet service provider that offers this above features reasonably they will really have alot of patronage with good recommendations.

Those are my little observations for now.

Thanks alot and you can keep the contribution coming.

Do have a splendid weekend all,

Cheers.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by MeGaStReEt: 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2011
I started with MTN, wetin them use my eye see i no fit talk

I will advice you guys to go for IPNX (Soma), they are more reliable. I have been using it for years now, and I can proudly say they are the best
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by jerryben12: 11:00pm On Jan 28, 2011
Check your bandwidth and let us know. Use www.mybandwidthplace.com/speedtest
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by hakon: 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2011
A LOT HAVE BEEN SAID ABOUT ISP COMPANIES WOES AND SO ON. WE TEND TO FORGET THAT GOOD THINGS DO NOT COME CHEAP. IF YOU REQUIRE A QUALITY INTERNET SOLUTION YOU SHOULD BE READY TO PAY THE PRICE. YOU CANT COME OUT WITH A BUDGET AND MINDSET OF A KIA PICANTO AND EXPECT TO GET A FERRARI OR BENTLEY. THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THE FAR CHEAPER AN INTERNET SOLUTION THE MORE HEADACHE YOU WILL GET FOR YOUR SELF. I TALK TO SO MANY PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS ON THE NEED OF PLACING PRIORITY ON RELIABILITY OF A NETWORK THAN PRICE FIRST. BECAUSE THIS USUALLY CLOUDS THEIR REASONING AND AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY WILL SETTLE FOR UNRELIABLE SOLUTION AND END UP CALLING THE ISP BAD NAMES, WHEN IN REALITY THE CUSTOMER IS ACTUALLY THE ARCHITECT OF HIS OWN PROBLEMS. IF YOU PAY FOR THE RIGHT SOLUTION AT THE RIGHT PRICE YOU WILL ENJOY THE SERVICE. WE HAVE CLIENTS ON 20MBPS/20MBPS AND MORE FOR UP TO 10 YEARS NOW. I ADVICE YOU TO REQUEST FOR A TEST BEFORE MAKING PAYMENT FOR ANY INTERNET SOLUTION AND ALSO SIGN A SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT (SLA) WITH THE COMPANY.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by miraexcel(f): 12:17am On Jan 29, 2011
Starcomms anyday! I've used mtn and multi links but cant compare to starcomms. Starcomms is stable , faster, cheaper with great customer service. I recommend!
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by ziccoit: 6:55am On Jan 29, 2011
hakon:

A LOT HAVE BEEN SAID ABOUT ISP COMPANIES WOES AND SO ON. WE TEND TO FORGET THAT GOOD THINGS DO NOT COME CHEAP. IF YOU REQUIRE A QUALITY INTERNET SOLUTION YOU SHOULD BE READY TO PAY THE PRICE. YOU CANT COME OUT WITH A BUDGET AND MINDSET OF A KIA PICANTO AND EXPECT TO GET A FERRARI OR BENTLEY.  THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THE FAR CHEAPER AN INTERNET SOLUTION THE MORE HEADACHE YOU WILL GET FOR YOUR SELF. I TALK TO SO MANY PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS ON THE NEED OF PLACING PRIORITY ON RELIABILITY OF A NETWORK THAN PRICE FIRST. BECAUSE THIS USUALLY CLOUDS THEIR REASONING AND AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY WILL SETTLE FOR UNRELIABLE SOLUTION AND END UP CALLING THE ISP BAD NAMES, WHEN IN REALITY THE CUSTOMER IS ACTUALLY THE ARCHITECT OF HIS OWN PROBLEMS. IF YOU PAY FOR THE RIGHT SOLUTION AT THE RIGHT PRICE YOU WILL ENJOY THE SERVICE. WE HAVE CLIENTS ON 20MBPS/20MBPS AND MORE FOR UP TO 10 YEARS NOW. I ADVICE YOU TO REQUEST FOR A TEST BEFORE MAKING PAYMENT FOR ANY INTERNET SOLUTION  AND ALSO SIGN A SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT (SLA) WITH THE COMPANY.

Are you a Nigerian or just living in Nigeria? You sounded like one hell of a foreigner. These people are already extorting their users. Assuming we had the best that meet what is obtainable in developed countries you thought we should empty our pocket the more? I suspect you are marketing. You are a joke.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:05am On Jan 29, 2011
l am offering the cheapest and most effective system browsing price in terms of indian web proxy which enables you to download whatever!
u need to download with 18G every month
the price is affordable (N2,000)
PM ME or call 08036619224,08091790616
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by solomon201(m): 8:55am On Jan 29, 2011
mtnf@stlink is the fastest thus far. in asaba i get speeds of 9.6mbps to 44mbps. believe it or not. its crazy. i downloaded all episodes of supernatural season 5 (22 episodes) all about 3gb in less than an hour.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Debroslink: 9:01am On Jan 29, 2011
I've read all comments and hv concluded dat d best internet connection in 9ja is MTN 3.5g plus INDIA WEB PROXY. It's absolutely free and with unlimited bandwidth. Download speed of 275kb/s is very nice considering d fact dat i don't pay a dime 2 enjoy dis.

I can surf nd download anything 4rm d net anytym, anyday, anyhow. No limitations at all.

MTN 3.5G + INDIA WEB PROXY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 29, 2011
I've used ipnx, starcomms, mulilinks, glo, and mtn. In my opinion mtn fastlink is the most reliable and the best.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by miraexcel(f): 9:40am On Jan 29, 2011
ziccoit:

Are you a Nigerian or just living in Nigeria? You sounded like one hell of a foreigner. These people are already extorting their users. Assuming we had the best that meet what is obtainable in developed countries you thought we should empty our pocket the more? I suspect you are marketing. You are a joke.

You're so right! People in developed countries who enjoy this services dont even pay as much as we pay for these poor connections. He's a joke indeed
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by fegflu: 10:47am On Jan 29, 2011
SUB URBAN TELECOMM BROADBAND IS THE BEST.

USING IT IS AS IF U ARE USING THE INTERNET IN THE UK,

MY BROTHERS MAKE UNA TRY AM
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Adexvyb(m): 11:37am On Jan 29, 2011
I use multilinks & why i like it is because d subscription is very cheap & just like the zoom it is unlimited but the downloading speed is slow,meanwhile from all that has been said so far i wil like to knw the price of this ZOOMBILE & where to get it cos this is the first time i'm hearing about it.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Adexvyb(m): 11:41am On Jan 29, 2011
I use multilinks & why i like it is because d subscription is very cheap & just like the zoom it is unlimited but the downloading speed is slow,meanwhile from all that has been said so far i wil like to knw the price of this ZOOMBILE & where to get it cos this is the first time i'm hearing about it.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Adexvyb(m): 11:44am On Jan 29, 2011
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Awhotu(m): 12:16pm On Jan 29, 2011
no network is best 4 internet connection in nigeria. all have their own wahala. but what pain me most is dat they are still searching 4 more customer when dey no dat d more d customer d more d problem. they prefer to have money than to satisfy their customer.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by hakon: 12:41pm On Jan 29, 2011
the earliar some people realise that ISP companies are here to recoop their cost on investment the better. the main point still remains that the cost of running a base station is astronomically high. to get effective service and at the right price in Nigeria has to do more on the Infrastructures the government has put in place to create enabling environments for investors. this cuts across the whole economy or sector. and if you do your market research and find out how much people are willing to pay for a good service you will find out that their budget is very slim. hence most ISPs squeeze themselves to offer this service at a lower price thus compromising quality service. other than this my fellow Nairalanders the cost of internet subscriptions will would have been very low. But watch out in June this year as we roll out a cost effective internet solution that will blow your minds on Ka- Band frequency. you will get speeds up to 10Mbps at a price that you can only imagine. I will be here to let you know when the service start running. Our internet solutions best suits corporate, medium and small organizations. i.e. those that want to experience value for what they are paying for.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Abdblues(m): 1:25pm On Jan 29, 2011
I have used starcomms, swift and mtn in that other and the best so far is MTN fastlink, i used it to download tv series from the internet and this also was possible with swift and starcomss, mtn also has the best coverage out of the three, i once had an emmergency to transfer funds while on Benin Ore express, i did it tight on the road there using mtn fastlink, MTN Rocks
N.B i am aware that other fastlink users have got a different experience from mine in other locations but as far as i am cocerned, it is mtn until something better comes along
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by hakon: 1:50pm On Jan 29, 2011
Positioning allows you to focus on certain areas within an industry—certain customers or demographics—and intensify your resources and expertise in these areas. If an ISP is like most, that compete in many areas without a strategic position or focus. Doing business without positioning is the military equivalent of dividing your forces among multiple fronts, weakening your ability to take on your enemy with full force. inability to position an ISP leads to increase in dissatisfied clients.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by hakon: 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2011
There's an old saying: "Good things aren't cheap, cheap things aren't good". Based on the the reviews posted on numerous review websites, it definitely appears that it's the "cheap" providers that consistently attract the highest proportion of customer complaints
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by zankey(m): 3:09pm On Jan 29, 2011
For now SWIFT BROADBAND 4G is the most fastest ISP in Nigeria it took me about 45mins to download 1.2gb file, if only is working at top level because lately is not very impressive.
Followed by IPNX, believe me is the most reliable and most consistence ISP in Nigeria Fast and very very RELIABLE. Though the download speed is not as impressive as SWIFT BROADBAND 4G.

My last recommended ISP Multlinks Telecoms their unlimted package is Fast and a bit reliable.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by chuksme(m): 3:14pm On Jan 29, 2011
there is one person here named (Haco) that person must be a joker. There is nothing like high price and better service on data service here. In a developed countries,the price of data or Internet service is very very cheep.Everybody there can afford it.
Over there, the internet speed is ok,very very reliable unlike Nigeria.

Nigerians are surpose to have the best internet services provider more than any other country in african.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by mbulela: 3:37pm On Jan 29, 2011
switched from starcomms to multilinks.
Not much difference but i could no longer put up with the c rap customer service from starcomms.
it was dreadful.
Multilinks will be sold soon, i wonder what will be of the network then.
it all depends on location, anyway.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by hakon: 4:02pm On Jan 29, 2011
@chuksme, you have to realize that there are factors that determine prices. in the developed countries they dont buy diesel to power there base stations 24 hours a day 7 days a week. they dont face the level of inconsistent policies in Nigeria and most of all the government there has put in place an enabling environment to do business. trying doing ordinary prining business in nigeria to jnow how the cost will be like. most of the ISP companies that you see power their base station and servers with generators. the banks lending rate is at 27% and above. there own excuse is still the high cost of doing business. I do advice that you should critically look at the causes of issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uk Used Fairly Strong Laptops At Cheap Prices / New 2011 Free Dstv Software For Phone And Pc (download Now) / Unlock Your USB Modem For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.