Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:51 AM

Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (46064 Views)

Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? / The Best Internet Connection To Use? / Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by hakon: 4:36pm On Jan 29, 2011
if you look critically you will realize that most of the ISP with the highest customer complaints are those that claim that they have the cheapest prices. you have to agree with me that you cannot serve every market. we have positioned our company to serve corporate bodies. the infrastructure that we have put in place will be able to serve this market effectively. a lot of home users that subscribe on the fiber optics bandwidth do so because they need a reliable network that will guarantee 98 % uptime. Truly speaking Nigerians deserve a better priced but efficient internet solution. for now lets make do with what we have.before this year runs out, internet prices will still crash down just as the GSM prices. WATH OUT FOR KA-BAND. our company has been in this industry since 1997 as the foremost ISP n Nigeria.
Who's better positioned to offer reliable internet services in Nigeria than people like us who've been doing this for years.
Hyperia, member of CIS group of companies is one of the oldest names in the African Internet space, having achieved its license in Nigeria since 1997. Hyperia has its corporate head office in Victoria island, Lagos and branch offices in several cities in Nigeria. CIS group, a prominent name in the IT space has its presence in 42 countries in Africa.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by zacmoo: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2011
it's very dificult to say one is better than others it's depent on your location ask, people aroud you before you purchase because most of them always has problem during the time cool weather.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by globatop: 8:35pm On Jan 29, 2011
@ All
Quite nice responses, but few pple know that Visafone 3G is as good in Lagos. Among all CDMA, visafone is still the best. Technically CDMA is better than GSM in Data applications. Thumps up for VIsafone, in pricing and reliability. Upto 50KBPS download speed.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 29, 2011
well i have used everybody in the market, mtn starcomms glo ipnx swift visafone i have come to understand one thing only. most of these providers are location dependent.

ipnx can be crazy fast in some areas of lagos some other areas dead. mtn could be crazy fast in lagos but in owerri dead. so i think i would recommend u to use whom ever is the best in ur location.

right now i am on swift 4g the best so far according to my location. some other locations it sucks. same thing happened when i was using ipnx.

so follow ur location market simple
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Belexy(m): 11:54pm On Jan 29, 2011
That person talking about ZOOM MOBILE is a BIG LIAR and probably a staff of zoom mobile who is trying to market.I use ZOOM and it is the worst internet provider you can ever imagine. I regret ever having anything to do with them. Their service is so damn slow. It talkes ages for a page to load. The 10hour plan only lasts for 5days as opposed to what the writter said dat it lasts for 2weeks. PLS I BEG YOU, DNT EVER BUY ZOOM MOBILE, YOU WILL REGRET IT. It makes me want to smash my laptop, it is so damn slow.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by poweredcom(m): 12:56am On Jan 30, 2011
As from experience, Starcomm is the best then multilinks as for speed they are good and visafone, Bleep mtn fast link, it is not as fast as been propagated, ok, then Swift boradband is very ok 4G now, men they r the updated and fastest, the rest should kiss ma azz
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Wumine(f): 9:16am On Jan 30, 2011
Nice thread. Glad it made the front page too.
Well i feel 'best internet connection' depends on your location. Some are fast in some places and thrash in other places.

I use Mlinks but might give another, from your suggestions, a try for faster access, MTN is out of it sha.

Pls any info on Suburban Telecoms Internet access? Charges? Plan? Coverage? Abj??
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Chuksxp: 2:01pm On Jan 30, 2011
All these arguments, anyway some people have said it all, it depends on location. As I said before, I'm in Enugu and I'm using MTN fastlink. It's the best in Enugu, because it's the only network with 3.5G that covers all of Enugu. GLO, Starcomm, Zain, etc, are all 2.5G over here in Enugu. They're not as fast as MTN. With MTN, I download literally at 120-250kbps. I can play a song on youtube smoothly without pausing/buffering/cracking.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by CAAP: 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2011
GLO #G Plus is the best.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by infolpf: 7:46pm On Jan 30, 2011
I assume you do not want to be restricted to only mobile internet?

Try COBRANET's UGO service. I have tried at least 3 others - MTN, IPNX and Starcomms, and Cobranet was consistently the fastest and most reliable, according to tests on www.testmyspeed.com. Their customer service is top notch, the service centre is able to trouble shoot most problems, but on 2 occasions, a technician has been sent to my home within 48 hours! Most businesses around Lagos now use the service. It is a WIMAX based service, so my modem can travel with me. Cobranet has sort of a cult following, and I think they depend more on viral marketing, such as this. They are located in Lekki, off Admiralty but you can find centers at most major supermarkets in Lagos. I would assume the same goes for other cities. I use the midrange package, and it is N14,600 per month for 3.5G.

www.cobranet.org

Hope this helps.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by playmode(m): 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2011
As usual Nigeria never moves forward with the world. We are always 10 years behind. I feel so sad and angered reading all the posts here which depicts that Nigerians have to literally settle for s,h,i,t.

I have visited all the so called fastest Nigerian internet websites and all I can say is : May GOD help Nigerians.

None of the these Nigerian internet service is fast , they are as slow as snails.

In South Africa , you have got variety of internet connections starting from a 345Kps up to 21MB per second connection.

I use two networks,1 wireless 3G network and a full ADSL 10MB per second service.

I am currently using the laptop with the 3G and I am getting an average of 2 to 4Mb per second. My modem is capable of 7MBs

This is the service provider of my 3G service : http://www.vodacom.co.za

The Modem service charges per gigs used while the 10meg line is what we call Uncapped (unlimited) service.

This is the service provider of my 10Meg line : www.mweb.co.za

*I just had a look at the cobranet.org website and I see they are charging N90,000 for a 512k unlimited wireless line .That is absurd.

In South Africa a 512K unlimited line cost only N6000 naira per month.

So the Nigerian line of lower signal quality cost R84,000 more than SA’s high quality ADSL fibre optic line. Way to go Naija ISPs, you suck big time.

So all those Glo adverts I see everyday on CNN about the Glo 1 is horse shit.

Nigeria has the 2nd largest internet subscribers base in Africa so I wonder why the greedy internet companies cannot offer quality service. People like Mike Adenuga and MTN Nigeria directors should be shot. They are just fleecing money off Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by ademuyiq: 10:25pm On Jan 30, 2011
please can somebody educate me on the best service provider in ibadan. i want to open a cafe around bodija. thanks.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Decryptor(m): 10:30pm On Jan 30, 2011
MTN to me is not bad but as a poster previously stated, the best network is that where u pay something reasonable and get the service rather than paying for cheap services and complaining later on. MTN is a pure example of this hiccup. U pay for a two week plan and end up accessing the internet for a cumulative period of a week or even less. Visafone is not like that. it's just that their (Visafone) tariff is on the high side
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by playmode(m): 11:12pm On Jan 30, 2011
As usual Nigeria never moves forward with the world. We are always 10 years behind. I feel so sad and angered reading all the posts here which depicts that Nigerians have to literally settle for s,h,i,t.

I have visited all the so called fastest Nigerian internet websites and all I can say is : May GOD help Nigerians.

None of the these Nigerian internet service is fast , they are as slow as snails.

In South Africa , you have got variety of internet connections starting from a 345Kps up to 21MB per second connection.

I use two networks,1 wireless 3G network and a full ADSL 10MB per second service.

I am currently using the laptop with the 3G and I am getting an average of 2 to 4Mb per second. My modem is capable of 7MBs

This is the service provider of my 3G service : http://www.vodacom.co.za

The Modem service charges per gigs used while the 10meg line is what we call Uncapped (unlimited) service.

This is the service provider of my 10Meg line : www.mweb.co.za

*I just had a look at the cobranet.org website and I see they are charging N90,000 for a 512k unlimited wireless line .That is absurd.

In South Africa a 512K unlimited line cost only N6000 naira per month.

So the Nigerian line of lower signal quality cost R84,000 more than SA’s high quality ADSL fibre optic line. Way to go Naija ISPs, you suck big time.

So all those Glo adverts I see everyday on CNN about the Glo 1 is horse shit.

Nigeria has the 2nd largest internet subscribers base in Africa so I wonder why the greedy internet companies cannot offer quality service. People like Mike Adenuga and MTN Nigeria directors should be shot. They are just fleecing money off Nigerians.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by tjcombo(m): 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2011
I will encourage anybody in Lagos to use ipnx, it's pretty fast with a constant download speed of about 85 Kbps. the only limitation with it is movement; you will need a wireless router to broadcast if you need to move around with your lappie. the payment plan is nice and i have never had a download bandwidth with it.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by ladyF(f): 5:06am On Jan 31, 2011
Visafone's the best for me
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by Ehisod(m): 9:31am On Jan 31, 2011
if you look critically you will realize that most of the ISP with the highest customer complaints are those that claim that they have the cheapest prices. you have to agree with me that you cannot serve every market. we have positioned our company to serve corporate bodies. the infrastructure that we have put in place will be able to serve this market effectively. a lot of home users that subscribe on the fiber optics bandwidth do so because they need a reliable network that will guarantee 98 % uptime. Truly speaking Nigerians deserve a better priced but efficient internet solution. for now lets make do with what we have.before this year runs out, internet prices will still crash down just as the GSM prices. WATH OUT FOR KA-BAND. our company has been in this industry since 1997 as the foremost ISP n Nigeria.
Who's better positioned to offer reliable  internet services in Nigeria than people like us who've been doing this for years.
Hyperia, member of CIS group of companies is one of the oldest names in the African Internet space, having achieved its license in Nigeria since 1997.  Hyperia has its corporate head office in Victoria island, Lagos and branch offices in several cities in Nigeria.  CIS group, a prominent name in the IT space has its presence in 42 countries in Africa.

@Bacon sorry hacon please sharrap! My office is at oregun road Ikeja I have used ipnx and currently hyperia 100k per mth package I swear its pure rubbish compared to ipnx or swift or even GSM 3g networks. So once again stop making noise about hyperia. Thanks
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by superboi(m): 8:08pm On Jan 31, 2011
Please does anybody have the idea of how IPNX service is in Port Harcourt? Woji area to be precise, Thanks in advance.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by v3: 8:57am On Feb 01, 2011
This screenshot was taken some minutes ago.

If i'm asked to pick, I'll go with Swift BroadBand because they've got good QoS and down-to-earth customer-service operators who listen and do their possible best to answer every question's asked.

Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by ssfWeShss: 2:16pm On Feb 01, 2011
STARcomms. tongue
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by ssfWeShss: 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2011
v3:

This screenshot was taken some minutes ago.

If i'm asked to pick, I'll go with Swift BroadBand because they've got good QoS and down-to-earth customer-service operators who listen and do their possible best to answer every question's asked.

isnt that download manager?, even when my internet browsing speed is low, i still get to download @ very high speed cos of the download manager, so that one u are yarning is story undecided
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by ladyF(f): 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2011
^^^^^^^
Pls wat download manager r u usin,mine was a trial version n haz expired.dnt no the one to use now.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by v3: 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2011
$$fWeSh$$:

isnt that download manager?, even when my internet browsing speed is low, i still get to download @ very high speed cos of the download manager, so that one u are yarning is story undecided
This is funny grin
Browsing slow and getting high download speeds? Can you hear yourself? So your mail spends hours opening and you can download with speeds of up to 5mbps?shocked shocked
Internet Download Manager is the fastest download manager on planet earth. All i did was take a screenshot of my download speed and you're chatting bollocks.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by ssfWeShss: 7:25pm On Feb 01, 2011
@ v3 i know what im saying so u can continue yarning dust all you want, angry

Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by olugalaxy(m): 9:21am On Feb 03, 2011
My fellow ninja,

As at d moment Inc is the best so far. They are reliable, visit dier

web site:www.ipnxnigeria.net.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by olugalaxy(m): 9:23am On Feb 03, 2011
I mean ipNX is the best so far
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by tomiade1(m): 11:20am On Feb 03, 2011
compared to other gsm/cdma providers, MTN dey try! smiley. . .i wouldnt say they are the best, undecided. . but MTN seems to get the job done regardless of network wahala sha grin

Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by ssfWeShss: 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2011
starcomms evdo or 3g
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by DEGENIUS2: 3:44pm On Feb 03, 2011
THE BEST CONNECTION IN IN NIGERIA IS WHAT ME AND MY GUYS ARE PRESENTLY USING
IT WORKS 247
NO DOWNLOAD LIMIT WITH BANDWITH OF OVER 90GB PER MONTH
FOR MORE INFO CALL ME
ON 080581799340,070-6955-5553
OR
email me ;browsecheap@gmail.com
OR GOTO www.cheapestbrowsingsecrets..com
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? by onomemike: 3:55pm On Feb 03, 2011
[color=#990000][/color] PLS BE INFORMED THAT YOU CAN NOW BROWSE 4 FREE ON YOUR PHONE AND PC FOR 3 MONTH AND ABOVE,,USING, MTN ,AIRTEL ,AND ETISALAT NETWORK WITH A HIGH RANGE OF AMAZING SPEED WHICH CAN ALSO BE USED TO DOWNLOAD, ALL YOU NEED IS ANY OF OPERA-MINI 4.2 OR 5.1-2, BOLT ,UCWEB ,E-BUDDY , NIMBUZZ, SKYPE ,MIG33 AND SNAPTU SOFTWARES AND YOU CAN CALL ME ON 08032622473, NOTE-THIS IS NOT A SPAM AND IT COST JUST N200 MTN RECHARGE CARD. PLEASE I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU DO NOT FLASH ME,
THANK YOU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unlock Your USB Modem For Free / New 2011 Free Dstv Software For Phone And Pc (download Now) / Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.