Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed (40536 Views)

Igbo Monarchs,human Rights Activist Want Emir And Accomplices Arrested-ifesinach / APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. / Gowon With Idi Amin In Uganda, The Same Day He Was Overthrown In Nigeria (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by drrionelli(m): 3:35am On Jan 28, 2011
It would certainly be a good thing to have Inked_Nerd afford us some much needed input, here. Can we get her here, quickly?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by shotster50(m): 7:37am On Jan 28, 2011
@ drrionelli,

Why Inked_Nerd though,  is she the official Gay rights activist on NL lol
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 28, 2011
kcjazz:

Sad events apparently by a Christian fighter, no matter what the killer is the real devil here. If only Kenyans will use the same zeal to fight corruption life would be great for them.

I wonder how the conversation will go with God
And how exactly do you know this?
However it would be extremely naive and foolish for any faggott activist who goes around the society preaching abominable anti family doctrine not to expect extremely violent retribution from conservatively minded elements in that same society.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 28, 2011
shotster50:

What a bunch of hypocritical, judgemental idiots. No one has the right to take any mans life.
Yet YOU are judging them. Anyway you have no right and no authority to challenge people's outrage over the reprehensible activities of faggotts.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 28, 2011
What we have on this thread are the mindless unguarded utterances of seemingly brainwashed zombies foolishly trying to challenge and control people's natural outrage over evil faggottry and homosexuality.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Tasma: 12:42pm On Jan 28, 2011
^^^^?? Summary of above statement "When you are unhappy with a person's way of life or utterances, it's ok to get sticks and stones and beat them to death!" Jeez
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 28, 2011
Now look here Tasma I don't know what you are on about. Who in fact beat this guy to death. From the story it is highly likely that his faggott partner beat him to death with a sledgehammer.
Anyway we have every right to be angry and outraged over the evil utterancess and outrageous actions of the decadent pro-faggott lobby. That is MY opinion.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by MaiSuya(m): 2:03pm On Jan 28, 2011
^^^Tell them abeg

buzugee:

somehow i dont think anyone is forcing you to accept gays. just live and let live.

Really? have seen some of the groups while they campaign? The statements they make?

Take a look at some of the comments on this thread, it will give a clue. The message is lucid: you MUST accept us or else. . .

As I said previously, the right to to express outrage over what I deem morally revolting remains mine, and mine alone. I don't however, have to terminate a human life to express that rage.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Tasma: 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2011
"However it would be extremely naive and foolish for any faggott activist who goes around the society preaching abominable anti family doctrine not to expect extremely violent retribution from conservatively minded elements in that same society."

That is the statement you made above. Read it again and see what it says. To summarize again if Mr. A. does not like Mr. B's lifestyle or utterances Mr. B should expect to get his head smashed in by Mr. A. (i.e. extremely violent retribution)

p.s. Very similar argument is "Since she was wearing a micromini skirt to the club, she deserved to get raped."
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2011
Tasma:

"However it would be extremely naive and foolish for any faggott activist who goes around the society preaching abominable anti family doctrine not to expect extremely violent retribution from conservatively minded elements in that same society."

That is the statement you made above. Read it again and see what it says. To summarize again if Mr. A. does not like Mr. B's lifestyle or utterances Mr. B should expect to get his head smashed in by Mr. A. (i.e. extremely violent retribution)

p.s. Very similar argument is "Since she was wearing a micromini skirt to the club, she deserved to get violated."
Actions have consequences. Anyway some conservatives are non-violent whilst others can be extremely violent against those who go against or preach against societal norms.
You can't legislate against such violent feelings.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by kcjazz(m): 2:28pm On Jan 28, 2011
tensor777:

And how exactly do you know this?
However it would be extremely naive and foolish for any faggott activist who goes around the society preaching abominable anti family doctrine not to expect extremely violent retribution from conservatively minded elements in that same society.

That is how it goes, its always an over zealous "Christian" fighter that kills the abortion activist or homosexual. Is this an anomaly? Yes. Do anyone deserve to be killed? NO! And that is my concern. At the end the killer, homosexual, adulterer, thief are all anti family and anti society. God views them the same and we can't doubt that. When you preach hate, you really can't acheive much.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2011
kcjazz:

That is how it goes, its always an over zealous "Christian" fighter that kills the abortion activist or homosexual. Is this an anomaly? Yes. Do anyone deserve to be killed? NO! And that is my concern. At the end the killer, homosexual, adulterer, thief are all anti family and anti society. God views them the same and we can't doubt that. When you preach hate, you really can't acheive much.
You know that you are just speculating. Look at motive, opportunity and lack of integrity as the deciding factors before pointing the finger.
In other words check the victim's close associates including his runaway fugitive faggott partner.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by jumobi1(m): 4:07pm On Jan 28, 2011
Anyone who think this guys murder is acceptable is a devil. Obiagu is a gay himself. No one has the right to commit such barbaric acts
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 28, 2011
^
Who here said murder of anyone is acceptable no matter what their lifestyle is.
But equally faggottry itself is totally unacceptable and reprehensible.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by jumobi1(m): 6:53pm On Jan 28, 2011
tensor777:

^
Who here said murder of anyone is acceptable no matter what their lifestyle is.
But equally faggottry itself is totally unacceptable and reprehensible.

Read replies before sounding stupid. What does homosexuality being unacceptable have to do with anything? Bottom line is a man was unjustifiably killed.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Sagamite(m): 6:57pm On Jan 28, 2011
Gbawe:

What you say above is the sort of thing an unrepentant racist would say about the brutal murder of a black man by white supremacists. As long as we all continue to promote  hatred towards others then we should not be surprised to fall victim to such mindless hatred sooner or later.

This is a silly argument! There is no basis of comparison between blacks (racism) and gays (anti-gays).

What next are you going to compare with blacks? Paedophiles?

That said, this is sick and stewpid.

- It is sick because no one has the right to take his life because he is gay, he should face the law. The person should be found and executed for committing murder.

- It is stewpid because the evil reetards that killed him don't know they are just giving gays opportunity to gain sympathy. Sympathy is a cousin of Support (especially amongst mooorons, which majority of any population is). By this barbaric killing, they are helping to pack the ranks of gay supporters. The baastards are technically pro-gay through their evil idiocy.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by drrionelli(m): 7:01pm On Jan 28, 2011
shotster50:

@ drrionelli,

Why Inked_Nerd though,  is she the official Gay rights activist on NL lol
No, but she does have intelligent, well thought out, supportable (and supported) views on many issues.  She works in the field of counseling with respect to orientation.  Perhaps she could offer a vantage or two of which the rest of us are not aware.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Sagamite(m): 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2011
tensor777:

What we have on this thread are the mindless unguarded utterances of seemingly brainwashed zombies foolishly trying to challenge and control people's natural outrage over evil faggottry and homosexuality.

There are NO GROUNDS where your outrage gives you a RIGHT to kill anybody that is not an IMMEDIATE threat to your life.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 28, 2011
Sagamite:

There are NO GROUNDS where your outrage gives you a RIGHT to kill anybody that is not an IMMEDIATE threat to your life.
I get your point although people do have different thresholds of tolerance for faggottry and these levels do dip significantly when they are drunk or drugged.
I am sure you read about the clockwork orange killers Thomas and Alexander that beat a batty man to death in Trafalgar square last year.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Sagamite(m): 7:19pm On Jan 28, 2011
tensor777:

I get your point although people do have different thresholds of tolerance for faggottry and these levels do dip significantly when they are drunk or drugged.
I am sure you read about the clockwork orange killers Thomas and Alexander that beat a batty man to death in Trafalgar square last year

Drunk or drugged or lucid or sober or cooked or jazzed or possessed, if they kill anybody out of objection, they should be SLAUGHTERED!
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Mobinga: 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2011
As much as I hate phaggotry, this is inhumane.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by mensdept: 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2011
So whats next? Animal Rights activist from AFRICA shot dead?

We havent even done the basics (free elections, power supply, corruption, tribalism), and have jumped all the way to gay rights because we've been reading too much NY Times.

Its too bad an individual died, but gay rights from an African perspective is frankly silly and distracting. Yep I said it
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by viewlekan: 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2011
To be frank, we cannot exactly confirm the motivation behind the murder.

Tellingly, the suspision will be that it is due to the fact that he is a known gay man in a country that apparently has an anti-homosexual mentality but we have heard of cases in homosexual relationships where jealousy has led to murder and where people have killed because they were being forced to have sex.I am not insinuating that this is what occured but I think some posters are jumping the gun before the law officials unravel the case.

In relation to the arguement on the thread, I am totally against homosexuality as I feel it is somewhat diabolical and on the borderline of been insane to engage in such activities, but then that is just my opinion and i will not shove it down anyone's throat, I do  believe  however that gay activists have smartly tried to equate their existence and survival by erroneously making comparisons with racisim, those mentioned phenomena have nothing in common. I keep hearing this analogy that some people are born gay , which are usually supported by some scientific researchers. I agree that I am not a typical scientist, well not the natural scientist but a social scientist and  as someone who has embrassed a positivist philosophical research standpoint, I am well conversant with the methodological process by which they make their assumptions and I am yet to be convinced with the research outcomes that support  homosexuality as being natural ( based on the ones I have come across anyway). Essentially, I can prove that I am black , I was born black and my ancestors were subjected to inhumane experiences and were labelled as inferior to other folks in the society and till today some minority of people still share that view.

However, I dont think anyone has the right to take the life of another based on prejudice or dissimilar views or perspectives, thats imbellic and displays basic immaturity.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by mensdept: 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2011
^^^ Well, I guess whatever you were trying to say was that you don't support gays?

Anyway if that's the case, good for you. Africans, rather Nigerians, have more important things to talk about and do other than gay this and that
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 28, 2011
viewlekan:

To be frank, we cannot exactly confirm the motivation behind the murder.
However, I dont think anyone has the right to take the life of another based on prejudice or dissimilar views or perspectives, thats imbellic and displays basic immaturity.
You seem to be slightly missing the plot with this your conclusion. Basically it is wrong to take anyone's life regardless of their lifestyle. That should be left to the courts.
BUT and this is where you have lost it: The fact that a man chooses to be a faggott AND A PRO FAGGOTT ACTIVIST does not make his murder more reprehensible in any way than the murder of any random person in the streets. MURDER IS MURDER
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by viewlekan: 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2011
tensor777:

You seem to be slightly missing the plot with this your conclusion. Basically it is wrong to take anyone's life regardless of their lifestyle. That should be left to the courts.
BUT and this is where you have lost it: The fact that a man chooses to be a faggott AND A PRO FAGGOTT ACTIVIST does not make his murder more reprehensible in any way than the murder of any random person in the streets. MURDER IS MURDER

Hmmm, Its either you didnt have the patience to read the entire post or you are being deliberately subjuctive in your response! , lets try once more.

I said folks are coming to an early conclusion that the murder was hate related despite the fact we do not have any concrete evidence to support that assertion. I expressed my position on homosexual practices as way to show that if (being the operation word) indeed this man was killed due to his sexuality or sexual beliefs, then it would unacceptable.

To make it easier for you and (mens dept and others), I do not condone any violence on people based on their beliefs, sexuality or preferences, that is an individual decision as long as it is within the law but intrinsically I disgree with the concept of homosexuality, does that help??
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2011
Well I just challenged your  concluding remarks, notwithstanding that I am in agreement with the other parts of your post, as you would know if you were to read through my posts on this thread.
viewlekan:

To make it easier for you and (mens dept and others), I do not condone any violence on people based on their beliefs, sexuality or preferences, that is an individual decision as long as it is within the law but intrinsically I disgree with the concept of homosexuality, does that help??
And I would still challenge the very subtle point you are making here as it seems you are slightly losing the plot.
For example would you post this if a paedophile were lynched. They too have their own "preferences" and beliefs remember.
As for sexuality I am not aware that faggottry has anything to do with sex as it involves mixing the male reproductive organ with human dung.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by SEFAGO(m): 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2011
In relation to the arguement on the thread, I am totally against homosexuality as I feel it is somewhat diabolical and on the borderline of been insane to engage in such activities, but then that is just my opinion and i will not shove it down anyone's throat, I do  believe  however that gay activists have smartly tried to equate their existence and survival by erroneously making comparisons with racisim, those mentioned phenomena have nothing in common. I keep hearing this analogy that some people are born gay , which are usually supported by some scientific researchers. I agree that I am not a typical scientist, well not the natural scientist but a social scientist

Good so you know nothing about science at all. It would do well to shut up, and let those who know science decide whether people are born gay. Yes, its perfectly logical to equate racism to homosexuality because they both stem from the same primitive fear of the unknown, of what the ignorant see as the unnatural

If you cannot see the similarity between racism and homosexuality then I will be honest- you must have a low IQ. Moreover, you dont expect all scientist anyways to be working on proving homosexuals are born gay. Some of us have more important things to do, and expect people to draw experiential and logical comparisons with no need for proof.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by SEFAGO(m): 10:40pm On Jan 28, 2011
For example would you post this if a paedophile were lynched. They too have their own "preferences" and beliefs remember.

Ok let me get this straight. You compare pedophiles to homosexuals. This sounds perfectly logical to you. Someone compares homophobia to racism, and homophobes cannot see the parallel. Subjectivity is dead grin. Aristotle would be rolling in his grave right now.

WTF does pedophiles have to do with homos.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 28, 2011
SEFAGO:

Good so you know nothing about science at all. It would do well to shut up, and let those who know science decide whether people are born gay. Yes, its perfectly logical to equate racism to homosexuality because they both stem from the same primitive fear of the unknown, of what the ignorant see as the unnatural

If you cannot see the similarity between racism and homosexuality then I will be honest- you must have a low IQ. Moreover, you dont expect all scientist anyways to be working on proving homosexuals are born gay. Some of us have more important things to do, and expect people to draw experiential and logical comparisons with no need for proof.
SEFAGO you see where you have lost the plot. Clearly you are pro faggott maybe because you have been brainwashed by concerted coercive media power to be so and you have faggott friends.
You are now saying that faggotts are born that way even though there is no reason whatsoever to believe that a baby is predisposed to be a pervert and and would grow up seeking to mix his organ with a dung-hole.
Missing the bigger picture of[b] NURTURE[/b]. Don't you know that sex abusers and faggotts grew up in abusive homes where violation and defilement are the order of the day.
It is in these abusive environments that perverted thoughts are conceived and nurtured and ultimately acted upon.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 28, 2011
SEFAGO:

Ok let me get this straight. You compare craddle-robbers to homosexuals. This sounds perfectly logical to you. Someone compares homophobia to racism, and homophobes cannot see the parallel. Subjectivity is dead grin. Aristotle would be rolling in his grave right now.

WTF does craddle-robbers have to do with homos.
They are all perverts. Anyway a faggott is far more peverted than a guy who sleeps with a post pubescent teenager as the first act is abominable and against human nature itself.
Let's also be realistic and say that a faggott would be very reluctant to hit on a random adult guy in the street as he might just get his head kicked in but would have no such compunctions in seeking the companionship of a helpless or vulnerable child.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by SEFAGO(m): 11:02pm On Jan 28, 2011
SEFAGO you see where you have lost the plot. Clearly you are pro faggott maybe because you have been brainwashed by concerted coercive media power to be so and you have faggott friends.
You are now saying that faggotts are born that way even though there is no reason whatsoever to believe that a baby is predisposed to be a pervert and and would grow up seeking to mix his organ with a dung-hole.
Missing the bigger picture of NURTURE. Don't you know that sex abusers and faggotts grew up in abusive homes where violation and defilement are the order of the day.
It is in these abusive environments that perverted thoughts are conceived and nurtured and ultimately acted upon.

Yes, I do have gay friends. They are smarter than you, more accomplished than you, and have led more rewarding lives than you can imagine. Most importantly they have shown the quality of deep compassion for their fellow men which I value in all individuals and place far ahead of the aforementioned.

No, I was not brainwashed. How do you know? Do you even know me?  undecided

Why are you mentioning a baby. Are babies in their puberty sexual maturity. Do babies express the same hormones as adults. Mugun. However, everything that regulates hormonal expression and subsequently sexual characteristics is buried deep in the DNA waiting to be expressed later in the future. See why I said only scientists should talk and not ignorant social scientists.

Missing the bigger picture of NURTURE. Don't you know that sex abusers and faggotts grew up in abusive homes where violation and defilement are the order of the day.

I would agree to some extent that society and environment can repress homosexuality for the time being. This is of course based on anecdotes and research i did in the past (unlike you I actually have studied Homosexuality for academic purposes of course  grin). However it never lasts long. However, all the gay people I have met grew up in perfectly stable homes. Are you just stating what is in your subconscious? So of the millions of gay people in america all of them grew up in violent homes. Man I cannot believe you just typed this crap.

Where is my paddy fstranger. Try and get him into your homophobe circle so that he can lend you some support. At least while not holding a mensa certificate he still demonstrates some intelligence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Town Hall Project In Kotonkarfi (Photo) / President Buhari Sacks Charles Uwakwe As NECO Registrar, Four Officials / Police Recapture Kuje Prison Escapee, Musa Abdulkarim In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.