Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:35 PM

Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? (2986 Views)

Is There Any1 Here Watching #the Following???? / Gotv Launches Telemundo(core Mexican/american Series Channel) Feel The Passion! / Share My Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by Akin007(m): 10:09am On Jun 13, 2007
ranging 4rm his Mambo Kings days to his Shrek the third! i'm very crazy about this guy n i think he his the presnt best actor on God's green EARTH.
let me know if u there's any of his movies i'm MISSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by iice(f): 10:48am On Jun 13, 2007
I wouldn't call him the greatest actor but he is quite talented. I have loved him since seeing him on Desperado, the whole gun-toting, dark and definitely manly persona got me drooling grin I was watching Assassin again sometime back and was like ah ah he was smashing as a villain too! grin
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by Akin007(m): 10:57am On Jun 13, 2007
iice, 2 cool movies but av u seen him original sin? he was a lover! lipsrsealed
in toomuch? he was a player/hussler! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
in 13th warrioa? he was a warrior shocked
in play it 2 d bone? he was a boxer! shocked shocked
in shrek 2? he was a CAt!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
2 mentin a few.
hes just 2 much
cool
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by ray4life(m): 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2007
akin007, please don't forget to mention the film that brought him to limelight DESPERADO. He was also spectacular along side Sly Stallone in ASSASSIN
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by iice(f): 2:53pm On Jun 13, 2007
Lol i don't think playing a lover is that much of a stretch for him. . .he after all oozes sexuality/sensuality grin

Omg! I love 13th warrior (Was more into the barbarians!) grin

But all you mentioned is what an actor/actress is supposed to do. Become a character and make it believable cheesy
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by Akin007(m): 12:09pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ray4life i def ddn't 4get either but iice mentioned earlier just ddn't 1t 2 repeat it!
@iice, ow do u mean make it believable?
antonio is actually d beast convicing guy around.
after the notoriety he displayed in the likes of assasins, zorro(1&2), desperado it was very contrasting to his roles in original sin 72 much, still different 4rm what he displayed in spy kids!!!!!!!!! now imagine the calm & charisma in take the lead (though not a blockbuster movie) or the confusion in ballistic and he was just natural in those diff roles and lot more. cool cool cool
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by Akin007(m): 12:11pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ray4life i def ddn't 4get either but iice mentioned earlier just ddn't 1t 2 repeat it!
@iice, ow do u mean make it  believable?
antonio is actually d beast convicing guy around.
after the notoriety he displayed in the likes of assasins, zorro(1&2), desperado it was very contrasting to his roles in original sin &2 much, still different 4rm what he displayed in spy kids!!!!!!!!! now imagine the calm & charisma in take the lead (though not a blockbuster movie) or the confusion in ballistic and he was just natural in those diff roles and lot more. cool cool cool
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by iice(f): 5:40am On Jun 15, 2007
@Akin, what i meant is that. . .it is the job of an actor/actress to become a character (take a form other than oneself) and make it believable (where we the audience believe that character). Of course we know its just a movie, but if he were not to act like say how an assassin is, how would we believe that he is really an assassin in the movie? undecided Not alot of actors/actresses make a character believable. You watch it and you go 'yeah right' and roll your eyes. Geddit?
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2007
i love him in love scenes he can be so romantic, tongue
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2007
Is the guy a really instrumentalist?
I was thrilled with the music he played in MAMBO KINGS
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by Akin007(m): 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2007
dason4life:

Is the guy a really instrumentalist?
I was thrilled with the music he played in MAMBO KINGS
not sure but he was a footballer, sustained an injury @ age 14 n neva played ball again.
still a real madrid fan.
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by BASETSANA(f): 11:25am On Aug 22, 2007
l share your passion for him yes,but l wouldnt say he is the best!
l loved his role in Desparado!
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by moondust(m): 12:12pm On Aug 22, 2007
@ poster
would u like 2 grab his butts hands too? tongue
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by vescucci(m): 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2007
Why, isn't that cute? Everybody loves Banderas. Poor latino! He must have trouble with his life. What, with all the ladies scampering for some sort of acknowledgement from the guy. If a GUY like akin007 loves the guy, what will the poor lady folk do, huh? The guy's definitely lovable, rugged and dashing. His best performance for me was in this film where he was portraying 'twin' brothers (one was named Art and the other I forget) I think Assassins and 13th warrior were his second best performances (though the people who casted him for that film bleeped up, cuz he's Mexican playing an Arab, sloppy, huh?). His love scenes were terrific with Jolie and Hayek(never wanna watch those scenes with my old man) Anyways akin007, if you love Banderas, be sure that you're among like 2184712587024 people who do(I guess there aren't that many people alive). I think he was freaking supposed to play George Clooney's role in From dusk till dawn (Clooney was great, but Antonio would have been greater). I still await the day when QT will collabo with Antonio. I still got my life ahead of me to wait, just don't make me wait too long.
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by Akin007(m): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2007
@ vescucci
1st, Banderas is a spaniad not a mexican. wink wink wink

2nd , Robert De niro acted as an italian 4 a very long time b4 he bcame a citizen of italy (he wasn't born an italian) yet he acted all his roles perfectly. Banderas was perfect in 13 warrior not sloppy.

the movie was titled [color=#990000]
TWO MUCH[/color][color=#000099] and dont let it surprise you that he picked his wife from the cast, Melanie Griffith. he was suppose to marry her in the movie b4 falling in love wit her sister. they av a daughter and they've been married since 1996 so u can b sure he knows how to handle d ladies n d troubles that comes with the fame. cool cool cool

in a collabo wit QT, i'm equally waiting grin cool cool
@ moondust,
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by iice(f): 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2007
No! George Clooney was purrrfect in from dusk till dawn. . .i fell in love with him there. . .see the tats? Totally to die for! grin grin
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by vescucci(m): 9:28am On Aug 29, 2007
Oh man. Musta struck a nerve! Antonio Banderas is a Spaniard of course, that was just a slip of the brain. I even heard that he wanted to be a footballer when he was younger and gave up due to an injury or something. He's said to be a Madrid fan till date. Anyways, I think his marriage to Melanie should really be celebrated because it's like a culture for actors and actresses to get hitched to double their fame only to break up to look for more important or famous (or rich) partners. When I said it was an error to cast him for 13th warrior, I was only referring to the casting crew and not to his own performance which was splendid by any measure. I hope we're cool, lol.

Now to appease iice. George Clooney too was great given his resources to act a demented guy like his role demanded. But don't you think Antonio would have been great to act a crazed guy who is just barely hanging to his spent sanity, gun-totting and bashing fella having a ball killing (massacring is better) a horde of them blood-suckin' bastards. And if he runs out of slugs, he starts to kick their collective ass bashing off heads, kickin skulls in and pounding the tissue off faces and generally having a field day. And speaking of day, when it finally comes he sighs thus 'oh well, you can't be in heaven forever' (more like hell to me). lol. I hope I've been humorous enough to appease you, lil' mama. Cuz my mother tells me if you're trying to be funny, better get it right the first time or the joke's gonna be on you (in other words you're being stupid)

C y'all
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by iice(f): 2:34pm On Aug 29, 2007
George despite being famous then, wasn't the great actor he is today. . .
I think he fit the role quite well. . .he had this like bad guy but good guy beneath thing going on cheesy
Even better would have been the loff of my life but lets not even go there grin grin

Whats the latest on antonio even?
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by ceejayss: 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2007
hello, am ceejay. pls i would like to post something on this site but u dont know how to. can you be of some help? my e-mail address is immaculate_kings@yahoo.com. hope to hear from you soon thanks a million.
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by iice(f): 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2007
Didn't you just post something? undecided
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by vescucci(m): 7:59am On Aug 30, 2007
I think what CJ wanted to ask is how to post a topic. It is quite clear you're a rookie on this site and ur first post seems to be the one you just posted here. I'm sure if u play around a little more you'll figure it out. Basically you're supposed to choose a category at the home page. and when you're in it click send topic or something like that and you're all set.

iice, what's up? Speaking of Antonio, I bear very good news. My much anticipated collaboration between him and QT might be in the offing, with the purported Sin City 2, up coming somewhere around 2009. It's so far somewhat a rumour, but we all know how rumours sorta bite you in the ass if you don't believe them. He's also said to be linked with a fourth shrek movie somewhere in 2010 and a movie dedicated to his character in shrek, Puss in Boots also in 2010 and Shrek the Halls this year. Memoirs of Hadrian, My mom's new boyfriend and My beautiful mistake are all rumoured to be events of next year. It's hard to imagine all these films seeing the light of day. But I personally will only like to see him in Sin City 2, Puss in Boots and maybe Memoirs of Hadrian (has a nice ring to it).

Well that's all that's going on in the grapevine.
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by iice(f): 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2007
Cool vescucci
Yeah i heard of Shrek but not sin city\'s own (another of my fav. movies)
But if he\'s there. . .me will be looking forward to it!
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by mukina2: 4:23pm On Aug 30, 2007
yeah lipsrsealed
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by Akin007(m): 10:34am On Sep 04, 2007
seems the thread is running cold shocked shocked
should we change the actor?
waiting 4 ur suggestions
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by vescucci(m): 9:46am On Sep 05, 2007
Spicing up this page is not that hard! All you gotta do is say something naughty or outrageous! Something like f*** a** m********** d*** h**** a**** t**** s***** e*****. Too many beeps in that one? Seun Osewa's administatration server will be up in ur ass in a sec.
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by Akin007(m): 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2007
hot suggestion
i will def think about it
or maybe i shd call eddie griffin to do the posting?
wat do u think of him?
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by vescucci(m): 7:47am On Sep 06, 2007
Eddie Griffin is definitely at the top of the caste. It's just that he doesn't seem to be pulling any effects lately. Much to my dismay. I think he's one of the few comedians that don't have to 'act' like they are crazy. He might even be slightly certifiable. I started liking him in the SitCom Malcolm and Eddie. His skit, Ed-ucation in Dr. Dre's album in 2000 is still one of my favorites.

I'll try to find out what's going on in the guy's life. I just hope he isn't picking up transvestites like the other Eddie. Murphy, that is.
Darn Eddies!
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by Akin007(m): 10:27am On Sep 06, 2007
everybody hates chris? just his voice but was quite hilarious.
norbit, so much for a love-vendor.
scary movie, scarieeeeeeeeee
the new guy, what a model
undercover brother, so black
n lots more
crazy as far as crazy can be
mailed him 4 a f**** post, still waiting
c ya
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by iice(f): 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2007
Eddie Griffin is crazy grin
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by Akin007(m): 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2007
i agree with u cool
everybody hates chris? just his voice but was quite hilarious. dat was a mistake embarassed embarassed embarassed
itwas chris rock shocked wink wink
equally ceazy?? cool cool cool
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by iice(f): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2007
Yeah i like everybody hates chris. . .chris rock is hilarious
I loff eddie griffin too grin
Re: Does Any1 Share My Passion 4 Antonio Banderas? by vescucci(m): 8:19am On Sep 12, 2007
You love everybody hates Chris!
Very funny ring to it, dontcha think? sounds kinda like 'you hate everybody loves Raymond'
Just don't tell that to a 5 year old or his brain signals might have trouuble finding directions. lol
I hope I was passably funny, don't wanna prove my mum's analogy again! holla back

Hiya Akin!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WWE Summerslam (21-08-2016) PPV [HDTV] Full Video Download / Monday On Twist Of Fate 1/4/17 / Captain America - Civil War ( Lagos Scenes) Photos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.