Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony (4699 Views)

Amazing Story Of Shariffa Carlo's Conversion To Islam / 'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Why The High Rate Of Conversion To Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by hymen(f): 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2011
Dear Ify,
I'm really curious to know what led to your conversion to Islam.

From your posts,you are a 'pastor's daughter'?

Can you just share with me how you became a muslima.

Thank you.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by ifyalways(f): 11:56am On Jan 29, 2011
Wow Hymen.
Its quite a long tori and most of the details very personal but let me just try.
Yep,Im a Pastor's child,still is but I grew up with Muslims around me,a few of my uncles and aunts are muslims.
The very main thing that lead me to Islam remains a secret i can't share online,sorry but long and short of it is that me and my husband could not resist or fight the urge in us anymore so . . . the rest is history.
Im glad we made the change,its been so far very good,no regrets.

1 Like

Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by hymen(f): 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2011
sad,sad. . .I was looking forward to your testimony so as to learn a thing or two. embarassed
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by namfav(m): 2:44pm On Jan 29, 2011
whao,i didn't know you were muslim, im sorry for the arguments we had before (ifyalways) and asa my sister
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by hymen(f): 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2011
namfav:

whao,i didn't know you were muslim, im sorry for the arguments we had before (ifyalways) and asa my sister
So you only argue with non-muslims undecided
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by namfav(m): 4:57pm On Jan 29, 2011
hymen:

So you only argue with non-muslims undecided

no, i think i didn't make myself clear enough, i wouldn't have argued with her that way if i knew she was muslimah

1 Like

Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by ifyalways(f): 5:28pm On Jan 29, 2011
hymen:

sad,sad. . .I was looking forward to your testimony so as to learn a thing or two. embarassed

Kpele,I wish i can say more.My husband is a nlder so hes bound to read whatever i type.
Im looking forward to ur own testimony and besides,the greatest of all miracles and testimonies which is what i hope you come to experience asap is the one of God revealing himself to you and directing your steps to the right path.
@Navfav,no hard feelings bro.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by mukina2: 5:52pm On Jan 29, 2011
ifyalways:

Wow Hymen.
Its quite a long tori and most of the details very personal but let me just try.
Yep,Im a Pastor's child,still is but I grew up with Muslims around me,a few of my uncles and aunts are muslims.
The very main thing that lead me to Islam remains a secret i can't share online,sorry but long and short of it is that me and my husband could not resist or fight the urge in us anymore so . . . the rest is history.
That's why i admire you so much.

You do not need to sound drums or post epistles to make any party feel bad.

keep it going Sister and stay blessed smiley
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by hymen(f): 6:03pm On Jan 29, 2011
ifyalways:

Kpele,I wish i can say more.My husband is a nlder so hes bound to read whatever i type.
Im looking forward to your own testimony and besides,the greatest of all miracles and testimonies which is what i hope you come to experience asap is the one of God revealing himself to you and directing your steps to the right path.
@Navfav,no hard feelings bro.
I hope your husband is not my LagosBoy o wink
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by ifyalways(f): 6:28pm On Jan 29, 2011
hymen:

Hahaha,Iyawo ejo r cheesy
Nay,Lb was born a Muslim,I and my husband were born as Christians.Besides,he is Yoruba,my husband is not Yoruba.
@Muki, wink
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Lagosboy: 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2011
hymen:

ifyalways:

Hahaha,Iyawo ejo r cheesy
Nay,Lb was born a Muslim,I and my husband were born as Christians.Besides,he is Yoruba,my husband is not Yoruba.
@Muki, wink

I beg o no let Ify's husband break my head o grin .

Ify maybe you could help Hymen privately and outside NL, you never know as some of your answers might assist her in makin up her mind. You have the experience of the difficulties and forces that creates hesistation to accept the shahadah.

Hymen wink may Allah soften your heart and bring you to Islam sooner than we think.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by namfav(m): 6:55pm On Jan 29, 2011
hymen are you interested in islam ??
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by ifyalways(f): 5:51pm On Jan 30, 2011
^Ofcourse she is.It was just recently that i discovered she was not a muslimah.@Hymen,i just have to add this;It was not a very smooth journey at first for us.My mum especially kept giving me instances of all the crime in the world that was somehow tangled with Islam(according to her),im a model,deciding to give up that was tough,friends were lost initially though now everyone has gotten over it as Islam did not change who i am but rather it changed how i view life and react to issues.I however think i have an advantage been that I and my husband embarked on the journey together,im guessing it wud be more complicated it i were single or it was just 1 of us converting.The best part of it is that God is great and he alone at the best and appointed time wud find you,clear all doubts(believe me,i had thousands of them then)direct and lead u to the truth.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by namfav(m): 6:33pm On Jan 30, 2011
ifyalways:

^Ofcourse she is.It was just recently that i discovered she was not a muslimah.@Hymen,i just have to add this;It was not a very smooth journey at first for us.My mum especially kept giving me instances of all the crime in the world that was somehow tangled with Islam(according to her),im a model,deciding to give up that was tough,friends were lost initially though now everyone has gotten over it as Islam did not change who i am but rather it changed how i view life and react to issues.I however think i have an advantage been that I and my husband embarked on the journey together,im guessing it wud be more complicated it i were single or it was just 1 of us converting.The best part of it is that God is great and he alone at the best and appointed time wud find you,clear all doubts(believe me,i had thousands of them then)direct and lead u to the truth.
your husband is a lucky man, mashallah
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by mukina2: 10:39am On Jan 31, 2011
Azharuddin

i am sorry bro, i am going to have to delete yours and congoshine's posts.

this thread is about Ify, you can go start yours smiley
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by azharuddin: 10:40am On Jan 31, 2011
No problemo. Thanx mukina. Glad u intervened.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by misterh(m): 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2011
Guide us 2 d straight path- (Surah al-Fatihah vs 6). May ALLAH strengthen you in ISLAM.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by congoshine(m): 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2011
azharuddin:

No problemo. Thanx mukina. Glad u intervened.
Hello azharuddin,do point the way to more conversion Youtubes in any other thread & I'll gladly follow . God bless. wink

1 Like

Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by ayusman16(m): 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2011
ifyalways:

Wow Hymen.

Yeah! You profile picture says alot about your new found religion?

Wish you luck!
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Lagosboy: 5:08pm On Feb 03, 2011
ayusman16:

Wish you luck!

Its always better to keep silent if one does not have anything good to say. That was an advice given by the prophet of islam PBUH.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by hymen(f): 5:18pm On Feb 03, 2011
ifyalways:

Dear Ify,
I find it slightly amusing that you shared your parents concerns with your conversion and not your own experience. Did you hav a nasty experience with chriistians/christianity or what?
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by alimat2(f): 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2011
Lagosboy:

Its always better to keep silent if one does not have anything good to say. That was an advice given by the prophet of islam PBUH.

O you who believe in Allah and the Judgment day say the best of words or remain silent.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by ifyalways(f): 11:57am On Feb 05, 2011
ayusman16:

Wish you luck!
Is that all you see?My profile picture?
Look harder,dude.

hymen:

Dear Ify,
I find it slightly amusing that you shared your parents concerns with your conversion and not your own experience. Did you hav a nasty experience with chriistians/christianity or what?
My Parents concerns?
hymen:

Dear Ify,
I'm really curious to know what led to your conversion to Islam.

From your posts,you are a 'pastor's daughter'?

Can you just share with me how you became a muslima.

Thank you.
I talked abt my mum cos you brought it up.Besides,I felt you wanted to know how a pastor reacted when her daughter changed faith.Guess I was wrong afterall.
Bad/Nasty experience,Is this a conjecture or 
I won't divulge anything that I perceive to be personal,and i already told you that whatever reasons that made me change faith is personal.If you find that amusing . . .oh well  smiley
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by hymen(f): 9:44pm On Feb 06, 2011
Dear Ify,
Please do not take offence.

Ma'sallama smiley
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2011
Ify nwanem ifuola ndo
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by congoshine(m): 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2011
chukwudi44:

Ify nwanem ifuola ndo
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 07, 2011
Ify!
Ichosia ebe i ga eje feechi gi oburu na nke ndi na kpoisiala! Ewuu nmwanem! Ndo inugo!

Nnegi na nnagi ga si oburu na ha malu ha ka ewepu afo-ime gi oge odi onwa abuo!

Mata amata na onweghi oge ndi isi-ala ga ewe gi ka nwane ha ni hi na ibu onye igbo!

Chigi meregi ebere!

Get your acts together cause it seems you are a thoroughly confused being! Now i believe you truly contacted that 419herbalist guy for solutions out of your desperation. To think i was boldly defending you on that trade with my other ID.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by zayhal(f): 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2011
Hey! You guys should speak English, let's comprehend what you're saying.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by congoshine(m): 7:49am On Feb 08, 2011
greateros:

Ify!
Ichosia ebe i ga eje feechi gi oburu na nke ndi na kpoisiala! Ewuu nmwanem! Ndo inugo!

Mata amata na onweghi oge ndi isi-ala ga ewe gi ka nwane ha ni hi na ibu onye igbo!

Chigi meregi ebere!

Get your acts together cause it seems you are a thoroughly confused being! Now i believe you truly contacted that 419herbalist guy for solutions out of your desperation. To think i was boldly defending you on that trade with my other ID.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by xoxogg(f): 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2011
English Plsss
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Sweetnecta: 1:31am On Feb 09, 2011
Ify is not the only Igbo woman who reverted to Islam, so what is the man so peeved about?

Get a grip, man.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 10, 2011
greateros:

Ify!

Chigi meregi ebere!

I think I completely agree with this . . . . undecided

When push comes to shove, these people stick to their kind!

I'm sorry you felt the need to tow that line Ify, I pray God will open you eyes on time to see the errors in your ways! sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mistakes Made On EID. / What's Wrong With Tmc ( The Muslim Congress)? / Serious Consequences Of Falling Short In Raising Children In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.