Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:31 PM

Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? (17212 Views)

Poll: Shoud She?

Yes: 29% (49 votes)
No: 70% (115 votes)
This poll has ended

My Valentine Gift From My Wife / Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? / Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by creamyswit(f): 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2011
no, no, no, ladies pls neva collect gifts from an ex.its very dangerous no matter wat it is.it could be very LURING, and it sends signal to the guy as well.also,guys pls stop tempting we ladies.its over,its over.there r a 101 single ladies out there looking 4 guys dat they can throw themselves at.why not  get them and spoil them with your so called gifts and let wat GOD has joined together to be.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Kave(m): 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2011
totally wrong,
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Witi(m): 2:17pm On Jan 31, 2011
A yoruba adage says ere ki laja un ba ekun se "what kind of friendship can be between dog and lion"
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by callme2: 2:22pm On Jan 31, 2011
its an insult to the husband
Except the man knows the Ex then he can give to baby

But why should you even communicate with your Ex?
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by DanEmzo(m): 2:22pm On Jan 31, 2011
noooooooooooo  giftsssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Decryptor(m): 2:27pm On Jan 31, 2011
NO! because from collecting gifts, she go eventually collect "third leg" one day. cool
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Finecat(m): 2:29pm On Jan 31, 2011
You guys act like you don't like to receive gifts. What is wrong with a woman receiving gift or even sharing time with an ex? after all it's not like they have never fukced before. Change in diet is natural, abi anyone of you guys eats rice everyday of the week? As long she knows that her husband is the main meat, nothing wrong with eating a piece of meat on the side.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by DanEmzo(m): 2:37pm On Jan 31, 2011
Finecat:

You guys act like you don't like to receive gifts. What is wrong with a woman receiving gift or even sharing time with an ex? after all it's not like they have never fukced before. Change in diet is natural, abi anyone of you guys eats rice everyday of the week? As long she knows that her husband is the main meat, nothing wrong with eating a piece of meat on the side.
U ARE TERRIBLE,Wonder if u are a human being anyway,because only electrical device can write dis ca of comedy
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by manugbo(m): 2:50pm On Jan 31, 2011
if my husband doesnt buy gift for me, i will collect the gift frm my EX- and give him a kiss kiss
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by manugbo(m): 2:50pm On Jan 31, 2011
if my husband doesnt buy gift for me, i will collect  the gift frm my EX- and give him a kiss kiss
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Estilove: 2:57pm On Jan 31, 2011
Capital NO. There should be transparency in marriege which means both couple should be plain to each other. There is no way a woman will bring a gift from her ex boyfriend that the husband will be happy about it. Your husband might tell you there is nothing wrong in it. Believe me or not, when you are not there he will have a second thought like has she started dating that guy again. And any day you stay late at work he will be suspecting you.

Be wise. Men are more jelouse.

If you want a happy and a long lasting relationship, reject any gift from your ex boyfriend.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Finecat(m): 2:58pm On Jan 31, 2011
DanEmzo:

U ARE TERRIBLE,Wonder if u are a human being anyway,because only electrical device can write dis ca of comedy

Nonsense, what your husband dont know wont hurt him. What happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by chalerea(m): 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2011
Everything is wrong about it. It is written that a man's gift makes way for him. All the evil will have to begin with a step. So please if you are trying to take a gift from you Ex STOP! wink
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by romi: 3:12pm On Jan 31, 2011
should a married man accept a gift from his ex girlfriend duh
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Estilove: 3:15pm On Jan 31, 2011
[if my husband doesnt buy gift for me, i will collect  the gift frm my EX- and give him a kiss]

Don't relent on today, think about the future. Remember today does not determine your tomorrow.

Your husband might not have enough today but tomorrow he might become a multi-millionaire and your so called Ex that you gave a kiss might become nobody. Before you know, he would have scattered your marriage for you. Then you find your self back to square one.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by KGNAIRA: 3:21pm On Jan 31, 2011
Ifyalways

You are a very correct chick. Are you married?
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by chalerea(m): 3:21pm On Jan 31, 2011
manugbo:

if my husband doesnt buy gift for me, i will collect  the gift frm my EX- and give him a kiss kiss

It means you where never married in love but you where join together in lost. It also means you have no true values to make a lasting wife because your heart is like a dry leave that fly wherever the wind blows. THINK!
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by KGNAIRA: 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2011
I am very impressed with most of the responses. Welldone everyone.

The agreement is pretty much a concensus one - DON'T ACCEPT GIFTS FROM YOUR EX COS IT MIGHT LEAD TO SOMETHING ELSE
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Estilove: 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2011
[Nonsense, what your husband dont know wont hurt him. What happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas.]

Finecat or what do you call yourself?

You must be an agent of the devil. People should beware of you because you think like a fool and you should be a prostitute or someone that has a broken home and plan to scatter others home.

Married women beware of finecat opinion.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by jaybee3(m): 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2011
No biggie if both have zilch ulterior motive
I still hang out with some of me ex's that are either married or engaged and know/appreciate pretty well that nothing is ever going to happen between us again
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Finecat(m): 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2011
Estilove:

[Nonsense, what your husband dont know wont hurt him. What happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas.]

Finecat or what do you call yourself?

You must be an agent of the devil. People should beware of you because you think like a fool and you should be a love-peddler or someone that has a broken home and plan to scatter others home.

Married women beware of finecat opinion.

Yeah, African woman too much pretense. If your ex give you a key to BMW turn it down because you are in love with your Civil Servant Husband. Yeye Woman, she act like say she no go open leg quick.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Mcleo007(m): 3:42pm On Jan 31, 2011
An ex is an ex,period.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by benlay(m): 3:51pm On Jan 31, 2011
NO!
will u let your cat play with a tiger? come on now,
why should they still contact each other in the first place?
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by kokoye(m): 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2011
I dont think I would send a gift to an ex . .just not worth the trouble in my opinion. But if an ex truly needs my help . .

my ex got stuck and penniless in an unknown city and country a few months ago. I'm sure it took a lot for her to call and ask me for help.

Of course I helped in my own little way to make sure she has just enough to get her out of her misery.

Should I or should I have not? I believe I did the right thing.

If I can help people I do not know, why not someone I know and once cared for?

or maybe I should have left her to suffer . .when we parted as friends

I think not
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by fajooo: 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2011
ingnor the gift its very gangerous cos at the time you will pay back you may not know then, oleku
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by sylve11: 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2011
why should a married woman accept gift from her ex? silly thread. . . . . i don waka pass lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry cool
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by bisiaet: 4:43pm On Jan 31, 2011
Accepting a gift for ex is wrong because if the alarm blow and her husban get to know it will be a very devastting thing that lmay ead to the end of the marriage so I think no need of accepting such gift to avoid marital tension this just my own opinion.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by JUO(m): 4:48pm On Jan 31, 2011

if my husband doesnt buy gift for me, i will collect the gift frm my EX- and give him a kiss Kiss

then be ready to pack your load
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by JUO(m): 4:58pm On Jan 31, 2011

if my husband doesnt buy gift for me, i will collect  the gift frm my EX- and give him a kiss Kiss

then be ready to pack your load
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by pweetyme(f): 5:22pm On Jan 31, 2011
Noooooo, dont start what u wont be able to finish
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Guyman02: 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2011
I once asked my wife to return a gift from her ex when I realised he started calling her to appologise for their breakup before we met. He was telling her that he was just calling to ask after her welfare and nothing more, then he sent her a gift.
I made her to call him in my presence and tell him that her husband doesnt like men sending her gifts except during child dedication.
He asked  her, that means you are pregnant, she responded Yes I am carrying his lovely baby; perhaps you can bring back the gift in seven months time. Since then he stopped calling her. I dont give room for temptation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Marriage Life Experience! / Why Didn’t I Bleed During My First Intercourse? / Recurring Dreams About My Wife Wanting To Kill Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.