Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Sony Ericsson S700i Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sony Ericsson S700i Review (1825 Views)

>>>sony Ericsson Thread<<< / Sony Ericsson k7001 WAP Configuration / Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sony Ericsson S700i Review by diakim(m): 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2005
The Sony Ericsson S700i is a phone to have. It is a phone with two sides - a camera side and a phone side. It has virtually all the features you may desire in any mobile phone. It came with a Megapixel camera, MP3 Player and FM Stereo. What more feature can you desire in a cellphone?

[I]Phone side of S700i[/I]

It opens in an unconventional swivel way which can be rotated 180 degree after opening. Besides, it features a large screen display with 256k colours. Finally, the phone has arrived for the technoids, who always want the latest.

[I]Camera side of S700i[/I]

Features of The S700i

Dimensions: 107 x 49 x 24 mm
Weight: 137g
Display Colour: 256k
Display Size: 240 x 320 pixels (with 180 degree swivel)
Infrared: No
Bluetooth: Yes
GPRS: Yes
USB Support: Yes
Java: Yes
MP3 Player: Yes
FM Stereo: Yes
MMS Support: Yes
Camera/Video: 1.3MP (1280x960 pixels) + video
Recording Media: Memory Stick Duo (32MB Included)

Pros
It has all the features you can desire in a mobile phone (Camera, MP3 Player, FM Stereo,
Java, Bluetooth, GPRS, etc)
Excellent Camera (1.3MP). With this you can take printable pictures
Large Screen Display to browse or view photos
MP3 As Ringtones. I can't emphasize enough how much I loved this feature in a cellphone.
Excellent Calls Sound. Sounds quality during calls is excellent, as true to Sony's tradition.

Cons

Too Fat & Heavy. It is not exactly a beautiful phone. Though when I compared it side by side with the Nokia 9300, this phone is lighter.
Memory Card Limitation. Expandable only to a maximum of 128MB. What a dumb thing to do! Certain Software Faults. This has been corrected with a new firmware.
No Full Screen Video Playback. What a shame considering the lovely big screen display!
The keypads design makes it clumsy to type SMS.
No EDGE. Sony Ericsson keeps lagging behind in this EDGE technology.
Low Capacity Address Book. Can be solved by new firmware.

Wish List
Wish the Memory can be expanded to 1GB. This would have made this phone to rock and compete seriously with the Nokia N90.

Comments
The S700i is a camera phone which is both visually stunning and functionally impressive. If you are in love with camera phones, then this is the phone for you.

Also, if you like technical phones loaded with the latest technologies, and you don't mind the 128MB memory limitation, then you will find happiness with this phone.

[I]Culled from http://diakim2..com[/I]
Re: Sony Ericsson S700i Review by CimonJorr(m): 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2005
major fault... which applies to all sony erricsons... u cant password the phone.. so all ur "confidential details" are not safe...
Re: Sony Ericsson S700i Review by hotangel2(f): 6:10am On Jun 26, 2005
thats'a cool Phone.
Re: Sony Ericsson S700i Review by mamba(m): 2:32pm On Jun 28, 2005
I like the phone but it's too bulky for a regular phone.
If it were a smartphone it would have been among my wishlist.

I still prefer the k750
Re: Sony Ericsson S700i Review by diakim(m): 5:35pm On Jun 28, 2005
I think the SE K750 looks smarter than the S700i. But the S700i has the greater advantage of wider screen and 1.3MP camera.
Re: Sony Ericsson S700i Review by slary(m): 1:40am On Jul 17, 2006
Yeah, agreed it's a beauty to watch. How much does it cost in Nigerian Naira?
Though i also prefer the K750i
Re: Sony Ericsson S700i Review by Tayotere(m): 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2006
cheesy , cool phone, but just 2 big 4 a smart phone
seems everybody likes k750, but yu need to see the k800i that is a complete phone with everything u desire in a smart phone, and a very cute design, it is a beauty to behold.
Re: Sony Ericsson S700i Review by donjazzie(m): 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2006
men i mean this fone is luvly i kno cuz i've got one, but i heard some peeps talk abt being able to view ur videos on full screen and really need to confirm abt this, so anyone with info pls post.and also u sed the S700i does not have and infrared port?(not true).wudn't mind info on sofwares for this tho,and it's heartbreakin to hear u can't expand memory more than 128mb. cuz i was plannin on doin a 512, wateva, check out www.gsmarena.com

(1) (Reply)

Driver For Mt6225 Needed / Polytrons New Transparent Glass Phone!!! / Among Gionee M2, Infinix Zero And Innjoo Note, Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.