Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

That's Not The Way We Do Things Around Here - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / That's Not The Way We Do Things Around Here (655 Views)

Know About Countries, People And Things Around The World / Hilarious Photo All The Way From The City Of Warri / "That's Not The Way We Do Things Around Here" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

That's Not The Way We Do Things Around Here by lomolink(m): 6:35pm On Jan 29, 2011
http://www.lomolink.com/thats-not-the-way-we-do-things-around-here

Please do not underestimate how powerful this sentence is.

When you spend your hard-earned cash in one of Nigeria’s top hotels, a big part of the package is telling somebody about your experience – one that will no doubt shut down any uncertainty they have about how much more creative your life is compared to the spectators.

Now you may ask where can I find these top top top hotels!!! The answer is ~ I don’t know either.

What I do know is your either in or out.

I once heard somebody say that people follow celebrities, but celebrities follow stars. You’re a top hotel when moguls want to go there just to say “I can.”
There’s a simple test to see if your a big boy. If by some lucky chance you find out where one of these hotels are, try and walk in. Let me know how that goes.

In Nigeria, everything is big or trying to get bigger. If your hotel cannot fit 6 hummers in the compound don’t even bother claiming what your not!
One thing is for certain, there is no question that hygiene must be second to none. I can’t say the same about customer service.

What all hotels do in Nigeria is sell us facilities -  not customer service. When you spend 20,000 Naira ($118) on a hotel that is exactly what your going to get.

And Deji and the rest of us are so brainwashed we rationalize it as a ‘better hotel’

(1) (Reply)

Southafrica Visa / Malaysian And Indian Visa / Police Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.