Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

To All The Yorubas In Jos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To All The Yorubas In Jos (6167 Views)

A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. / Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? / GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2011
Mr.
written by Olarewaju, February 19, 2010
Dear Mr. Abiodun Awolaja,

I being a Yoruba Muslim read one of your write-ups on JOS CRISIS: STILL ON THE FIGHT FOR LAND and I must however comment on it that I am overwhelmed and thrilled over what you wrote upon the Jos Crisis. Your comments are very correct and you did not write on hear say but on what you consider and feel is right.

Nevertheless, I will be most grateful if you can call on the Yorubas, be it Muslim or Christian to unite, to stand and live as one family with the same ideology as our forefathers use to say “hold your selves as a bunch of broom”, the Yorubas are the sons and daughters of Oduduwa and let not this misconception on the so called religious crisis in Jos put us apart as it as almost done. Let, all the Yorubas embrace peace for we do not know what is the next plan of the Hausa/Fulani in Jos.

The Crisis inquest is a fight for land and domination by the Hausa/Fulani because it is critically seen and believed that there is at least 5-10% Christians among the Hausa/Fulani and 5-10% Muslims among the Plateau indigene and the Igbos too. The Yorubas are mixed up and if we are to trace the origin/pedigree of each Yoruba family in Nigeria today, you will find Christian, Muslim and idol worshippers live to exist peacefully in them.

Therefore, please and please call on the Yoruba Political and Religious Leader home and abroad to strive as much as possible to unit and to foregut about the so called “Ogun Idile” which brought most of the Yorubas to Jos, though few came to Jos in search for greener pasture while others through job transfer and admission into various school in Plateau State, which on the other hand made the Yorubas one of the first non-indigene to settle in Jos (Plateau as a whole) with no shadow of doubt. I want the Yorubas to know that the best time to know your friend/ brother is during trying times and this is the right time for the Yorubas to put aside all differences and what brought us to Jos and unite, therefore kick against religious fight in Jos, Plateau State, since Plateau State is not a country on its own, but a State

In my gathering, I was made to believe that the Hausas are the infidel, because no where in the Qur’an Says kill, destroy properties and forceful Islamize the Christians or the Pegans (Idol worshippers). Let them know that NO BODY CAN FORCEFULLY ISLAMIZE OR CHRISTIANIZE EVERY BODY IN NIGERIA AS A WHOLE WITH SWORD ON ONE HAND AND QUR’AN/BIBLE ON THE OTHER HAND EXCEPT BY THE WILL OF GOD. Each and every one of us has the full right to choose the religion and state he/she has the yearning or desire for.

I as a person, strongly condemn the Jos crisis which is significantly barbaric and inhuman, the Hausa/Fulanis whom are the infidel do not know the true meaning of Jihad. According to the Qur’an which prohibited murder, Killing any person without a just cause is as big as a sin as killing the whole humanity and saving the life of one person is as deed as saving the whole humanity (Al-Ma’idah 5:32). "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness (vain) in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts; and He is Oft-forgiving, Most Forbearing. Surah 2:225".

The verse means that if any action u carry out with a good intention but the outcome is bad so ask Allah for forgiveness for he is forgiving. Like if I wanted to write something good about Islam and I write a lie by mistake then He will forgive me as he is forgiving, but if I do it deliberately then I make a sin. No where it is written “Do sin to convert non Muslims, and ill forgive you”.

The Hausa / Fulani who they believe strongly on what their leaders dictate for them misunderstand the above scripture.

I at this juncture conclude and recommend that the Yorubas should please for the sake of “Oneness of God” in which both religions preach to embrace peace and unite. At the same time to those who lost their properties to the bloody crisis, may the Good Lord give them the fortitude to bear the loss and replenish them with good ones and may the soul of the dead rest in perfect peace. Amen.

God Knows Best!

Long live Sons and Daughters of Oduduwa!
Long live Yoruba!!
Long live Nigeria!!!

Yoruba ronu!!!!
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 10:45pm On Jan 29, 2011
Jos crisis: Still on the fight for land

| Print | E-mail

Written by Abiodun Awolaja Sunday, 31 January 2010

I do not write this piece, like the one I wrote last year on the same topic, in the hope that the Hausa/Fulani settlers of Jos will change their murderous mentality anchored on an overbloated sense of self worth and misplaced arrogance. I must insist,however, that I cannot, for the life of me, regard the people of Plateau State—the Berom, Angas, Merniang, Tarok, Mwaghavul, etc—as the killers of Jos. They are not.

[b]Now, in this context, killing does not merely refer to the wicked act of putting an end to another person’s life; more significantly, it refers to the act of maintaining a worldview and outlook on life which encourages bloodletting and allied crimes. Now, what again are the facts of the Jos crisis? In a sense, talking about the facts of Jos is an abberation. We may be on a better track if we take the whole of Plateau State as our discouse context. The fact simply is that the Hausa/Fulani and the indigenes of Plateau State have been at loggerheads since the failed attempt to subdue the people through the Uthman Dan Fodio jihad.

In the Nigerian Army discourse,Sukar Buka Dimka and Illiya Bissala are perhaps notorious names, but certainly not Mamman Vatsa, but we should probably look beyond military politics to get a realistic view of the Plateau Hausa/Fulani war. Recall that Yakubu Gowon, former Head of State, would either have been sentenced to death or jailed for life during the Bissala/Dimka trial, but for the fact that he was beyond reach: he could not be deported or abducted from Britain. Certainly, Obasanjo, who would appear to be on the side of the core northerners in the crisis, would not have hesitated to sacrifice Gowon to placate the soul of Murtala Mohammed. Now, in the Nigerian  military coup discourse, as noted earlier, both Bissala and Dimka’s names are mired in ignominy, while Murtala is revered as a saint, except by the Igbos who witnessed what they termed Murtala’s unusual cruelty during the Civil War.[/b]

[b]So, again, what are the facts of the Jos crisis? Who are the aggressors? I regret to say that they are the Hausa Fulani settlers of Jos, for whom the Jos North Local Government was created by their military brothers.The late ruler of Jos, Da Victor Pam, once observed that the Yoruba and Igbo settlers of Jos were as old as the Hausa/Fulani on the land, but that these groups had never harassed the owners of the land; in short, that they had never claimed land. Now, indeed, there are genuine nationalists like the Niger State governor, Muazu Babangida Aliyu or Kano’s Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, who do not believe in the settler/indigene dichotomy, and for valid logic. But, we must go beyond logic to periscope the reality. Pray, why are the Hausa/Fulani ever so belligerent on foreign soil? Should we keep mute about this fact because of mere political correctness? In case anyone thinks I am being merely anti-Fulani, I must, at the risk of being repetitive, ask such a person to spend a useful month in Shendam, Plateau State.I am still amazed at how a stranger on another person’s land can refer to the king, like the Hausa/Fulani of Shendam do, as “the king of infidels.’’[/b]

Detailed by the Nigerian Tribune to cover the burial of Oluwaeke Olalekan Akande, one of the corps members cut down by the murderers of Jos, I watched in tears as Leke’s elder sister, Mojoyin, broke down, crying “It’s not fair!It’s not fair!,’’ as her brother was lowered to the grave at the St. Mark Anglican Cemetery, Olomi, Ibadan, Oyo State, on December 9, 2008. She was in no mood for an interview, and I was experienced enough to quietly capture her grief, while I spoke with those who had the strength to speak. The killer, a self-confessed boastful Hausa-Fulani militant who had ‘Leke’s phone as a trophy, kept boasting of how he slaughtered the corps member. Leke  died because he was a Christian and a Yoruba. The killer refused to pick the phone when I called him just before his prey was commited to mother earth, thus escaping the curses I had specially prepared for him with all my heart.

[b]The Yoruba have not had a pleasant experience with the Hausa/Fulani settlers in Yorubaland, who have always carried themselves with an air of inexplicable arrogance. Those who recall the Shagamu, Ogun State riots of 1999, or the frequent riots in Saki, Oyo State, can perhaps not doubt this claim. The situation was the same in Lagos, where some jesters even went as far as saying that Alausa(and we need not go into the etymology of this word), Ikeja, belonged to the Hausas! But let’s face the truth: Would an Igboman ever dare to conduct himself in Kano, the way their Northern brothers conduct themselves in other lands? Can an Adegbobe Awojeba ever become a councillor in Sokoto? Is it possible? These are questions which we should not be too shy to ask.

Now, let’s get this clearly, the Hausa/Fulani man, ordinarily, is not a bad person; it is their leaders, wherever they have found themselves in this country, most especially at home in the Northern States, who have always inspired them to kill, so that such a statement as, ”Islam is a peaceful religion’’ is pure nonsense [/b]in the Northern context. Remarkably, indeed, Farouk Abdulmutallab is not from the South, but from the North, the hotbed of religious extremism and terrorism(Boko Haram, maitatsine, Zango Kataf, etc).And rather unfortunately, the Nigerian Army has been implicated in the Jos genocide, and one cannot say when precisely the people of Plateau State, the owners of Jos, will enjoy peace on their land.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/archive/640-jos-crisis-still-on-the-fight-for-land
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 10:45pm On Jan 29, 2011
Yoruba RONU!!!!
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by seanet03: 10:59pm On Jan 29, 2011
The writer is simply right and correct.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 11:04pm On Jan 29, 2011
seanet03:

The writer is simply right and correct.

You could not have said it better. The yorubas including me, we have to get ready to pull out of this failed nation if need be. We have to unite more than what we have done now. Even our brothers from kwara and Kogi wants to join us. The way this country is heading . . . . we have to be ready. OPC and other yoruba militia have to be ready. The Jos crisis is just the beginning. I see a dark cloud over "ONE NIGERIA"!
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Orikinla(m): 11:11pm On Jan 29, 2011
The bitter truth. Yet no matter how bitter it is, only the truth can save us from the wrath of the earth, whether in Nigeria or any other place.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by step1: 11:23pm On Jan 29, 2011
Jason123 i dey ba dun you, I am a Yoruba Muslim myself and i will defend the Yoruba cause with my life.
To all Yorubas whether Muslim or Christian, we all have to unite for the oduduwa cause. As Jason said Yoruba Roun. Please all yorubas put your ethnicity first before any religious sentiment.
I am a devoted Muslim, but i will put yoruba first before any religious nonsense, I am from Kwara state and I have Igala blood in me. We Yorubas must hold on to ourselves and protect ourselves first before we lose everything.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by aloyemeka1: 11:26pm On Jan 29, 2011
You mean you guys no more believe in ONE Nigeria that Ojukwuw and his Igbo brothers hated so much?
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 11:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
step1:

Jason123 i dey ba dun you, I am a Yoruba Muslim myself and i will defend the Yoruba cause with my life.
To all Yorubas whether Muslim or Christian, we all have to unite for the oduduwa cause. As Jason said Yoruba Roun. Please all yorubas put your ethnicity first before any religious sentiment.
I am a devoted Muslim, but i will put yoruba first before any religious nonsense, I am from Kwara state and I have Igala blood in me. We Yorubas must hold on to ourselves and protect ourselves first before we lose everything.

You just spoke the truth.

aloy/emeka:

You mean you guys no more believe in ONE Nigeria that Ojukwuw and his Igbo brothers hated so much?

The situation of the country calls for alertness. You cannot be too "laid-back" lest the war would come to your back door!
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by ayinba1(f): 11:35pm On Jan 29, 2011
Hmnnnn!!!!
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 11:37pm On Jan 29, 2011
ayinba1:

Hmnnnn!!!!

What do you think?
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by alex101(m): 11:46pm On Jan 29, 2011
@OP and the rest of my yoruba people, I dey greet una "[/b]good morning oh![b]" But why do you people want to leave na, oil in the niger delta is not finished yet, ACN still has two more states to sweep in the SW, and "God father" Tinubu will soon become nigeria's VP under the "messiah" Ribadu. The future is very bright for the SW in "ONE NIGERIA". God bless!
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by T9ksy(m): 11:53pm On Jan 29, 2011
aloy/emeka:

We have never believed in One Nigeria that Ironsi and his igbo advisers foisted on us withour our consent.
The same One nigeria that zik and his sudekicks were harping on about even as both the sardunna and Pa awo clearly expressed their objection to such a ridiculous idea. Even as the north was killing igbos in their enclave with unparallel barbarity (1945, 1953)

step1:

Your case is not unique in yorubaland as am sure you are fully aware off. Am a pagan whilst most of my siblings are devote xtians. I have two in-laws who are muslims. It's therefore a no-brainer  to expect yorubas to embark on religious warfare. It will be tantamount to killing my family members for some religious god.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by asha80(m): 11:56pm On Jan 29, 2011
T9ksy:

We have never believed in One Nigeria that Ironsi and his igbo advisers foisted on us withour our consent.
The same One nigeria that zik and his sudekicks were harping on about even as both the sardunna and Pa awo clearly expressed their objection to such a ridiculous idea. Even as the north was killing igbos in their enclave with unparallel barbarity (1945, 1953)

Your case is not unique in yorubaland as am sure you are fully aware off. Am a pagan whilst most of my siblings are devote xtians. I have two in-laws who are muslims. It's therefore a no-brainer  to expect yorubas to embark on religious warfare. It will be tantamount to killing my family members for some religious god.

if i may ask what is stopping yoruba from secceding now?
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 11:59pm On Jan 29, 2011
asha 80:

To secede is not something you do on impulse. It takes accurate and precise planning. Moreover, we are not ready to secede but we would[b] if need be[/b]. This call was alert all yorubas to get their heads straight!!!
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by ekubear1: 12:00am On Jan 30, 2011
Very interesting writeup.

In case anyone thinks I am being merely anti-Fulani, I must, at the risk of being repetitive, ask such a person to spend a useful month in Shendam, Plateau State.I am still amazed at how a stranger on another person’s land can refer to the king, like the Hausa/Fulani of Shendam do, as “the king of infidels.’’

The late ruler of Jos, Da Victor Pam, once observed that the Yoruba and Igbo settlers of Jos were as old as the Hausa/Fulani on the land, but that these groups had never harassed the owners of the land; in short, that they had never claimed land.

Is there any way to justify the above two quotes? How are the Hausa and Fulani in Jos not entirely to blame for the problems there? Why were they given a district, and the Yoruba and Igbo not?

The problems in Jos will not stop until the United Nations or African Union is invited there.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 12:06am On Jan 30, 2011
eku_bear:

Very interesting writeup.

Is there any way to justify the above two quotes? How are the Hausa and Fulani in Jos not entirely to blame for the problems there? Why were they given a district, and the Yoruba and Igbo not?

The problems in Jos will not stop until the United Nations or African Union is invited there.

Exactly!!! It the same thing that happened in Shagamu and Alausa in yorubaland before OPC intervened!!! How do these people think??
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Kilode1: 12:09am On Jan 30, 2011
T9ksy:

to expect yorubas to embark on religious warfare. It will be tantamount to killing my family members for some religious god.[/i]

You did not lie.

Esin kan o pe ka wa ma s’oro loosely translated; No faith hampers the rituals of our togetherness/culture.

Yorubas don't do religious wars, they'll rather absorb your religion and make it succumb to the dictates of their culture.

It may be difficult for a non-Yoruba to grasp, but the more you get the concept the better you understand what it means to be an Omo O'dua.

Irunmoles don't hate. they ain't foolish either.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by ekubear1: 12:12am On Jan 30, 2011
asha 80:

Seceding in a hasty and foolish manner is liable to get a lot of your people killed. It isn't like deciding on a whim you want salmon for dinner; sort of requires a lot of planning. Assuming you want to succeed, that is.

Anyway, back to Jos. . .
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Abagworo(m): 12:24am On Jan 30, 2011
All these things sound extremely barbaric to me.It is either we accept that all parts of Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians or we go for outright war after which the victor takes everything.With all these aborigine-settler dichotomy,there can never be peace.Most of those properties and lands owned by Hausas were bought and developed by them hence the land is legitimately there's until a refund is made.I neither believe in extreme Christianity or Islam.They are foreign to us and should be abolished in Africa.

The thinking of an average Olodo Nigerian is that the aborigines own all landed properties and hence should dictate how the buyers from another ethnic group should live.

I don't think an indigenous American has ever been the US President.Going by our barbaric thinking,all US presidents must have been Red Indians.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Ify27(m): 12:28am On Jan 30, 2011
You can succed if you want to the same thing will happen just like when we tried to succed(biafrans), you just dont get it the people and goverment are not one, you think you are succeding when you are only going against The Nigerian goverment, its allies and all the other white countries, we are just money to them everything revolves around money

its a damn shame we africans are fighting each other while the european countries come and steal our land and OIL!!!!!!!
africa has the richest soil, the most minerals ,gold,diamonds ect, take out your history books, 1st they took ancient egypt where OUR ancestors originally came from, now how many dark faces do you see in egypt, then they took slaves from west africa, brought them to the west indies, broke them down and took them to the americas, now cubans hate puetoricans and igbos hate Yoruba and hausa people and they are so blind with hatred they cant even see that we are all the same people with different ways of life, that is called culture, white people dont have culture that is why they are  taking over africa,   was nigeria not a colony of britian?? now tell me how can people from another part of the world own your land?? maybe because you were busy fighting each other instead uniting for the cause.

Read this letter to know what they really think about you, they dont care if your igbo, hausa, Yoruba, palestinian, iraqi, african american, native american indian or green, as long as your a people of color no matter where in the world you are they see you as a NIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats what the word is negro is spanish for black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/Perspectives_1/Willie_Lynch_letter_The_Making_of_a_Slave.shtml
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by ShangoThor(m): 12:35am On Jan 30, 2011
[size=18pt]Jason123, you have confused me with this thread, where do you stand?[/size]
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by ekubear1: 12:37am On Jan 30, 2011
Abagworo:

All these things sound extremely barbaric to me.It is either we accept that all parts of Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians or we go for outright war after which the victor takes everything.With all these aborigine-settler dichotomy,there can never be peace.Most of those properties and lands owned by Hausas were bought and developed by them hence the land is legitimately there's until a refund is made.I neither believe in extreme Christianity or Islam.They are foreign to us and should be abolished in Africa.
The thinking of an average Olodo Nigerian is that the aborigines own all landed properties and hence should dictate how the buyers from another ethnic group should live.
It isn't really a religious matter. It is primarily an ethnic one. And yes, while individual properties can be owned by individuals of any ethnicity, the municipality or state itself is "owned" not by all Nigerians, but by the indigenous ethnic group. Nigeria is simply not for all Nigerians. That is just the reality on the ground. . . nobody wants their homeland turned into communal property.

I don't think an indigenous American has ever been the US President.Going by our barbaric thinking,all US presidents must have been Red Indians.
I would argue that what occurred in the US was far more barbaric than what is going on here. The reason no Indians have ever been president is because they were the victims of genocide. Wiped out and numerically ovewhelmed by European settlers. Today, I doubt if they are even 1% of the population.

I do not think the Berom desire a similar fate for themselves, or any ethnic group in Nigeria does.

However, given that one group of settlers (Hausa) has an army backing them and is using this to wipe out both the indigenes and southern settler groups, perhaps this is the destiny of the Berom.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 12:56am On Jan 30, 2011
ShangoThor:

[size=18pt]Jason123, you have confused me with this thread, where do you stand?

Odua republic! The reasons are:

1) I am not for southern Nigeria because you cannot have two kings in a place. The reason why Nigeria has partially worked is because it is an asymmetric society with 3 major tribes. If one leaves, the other two would gang up and bring that one back
2) I am not for Niger-delta republic because I do not support the ijaw expansionist agenda and the massacre on my people
3) I am not for Nigeria because it is a time bomb waiting for the slightest agitation

All in all, I am for Odua republic. Atleast, there is nothing like "core" yoruba which I like. Although, they are tribalist but I can live with that since they always practice a loose confederation of nation anyway undecided.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 1:00am On Jan 30, 2011
eku_bear:

It isn't really a religious matter. It is primarily an ethnic one. And yes, while individual properties can be owned by individuals of any ethnicity, the municipality or state itself is "owned" not by all Nigerians, but by the indigenous ethnic group. Nigeria is simply not for all Nigerians. That is just the reality on the ground. . . nobody wants their homeland turned into communal property.
I would argue that what occurred in the US was far more barbaric than what is going on here. The reason no Indians have ever been president is because they were the victims of genocide. Wiped out and numerically ovewhelmed by European settlers. Today, I doubt if they are even 1% of the population.

I do not think the Berom desire a similar fate for themselves, or any ethnic group in Nigeria does.

However, given that one group of settlers (Hausa) has an army backing them and is using this to wipe out both the indigenes and southern settler groups, perhaps this is the destiny of the Berom.

Exactly. People should stop confusing things. All they care about is islam this or that. Abegi! angry
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by ASL33: 1:17am On Jan 30, 2011
@Poster,

What if your people want their own nation, will you stick with odua?
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by EzeUche2(m): 1:18am On Jan 30, 2011
ASL33:

@Poster,

I wonder that about him as well. Itsekiri would probably join the Urhobo, Isoko and Edo.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Chyz2: 1:20am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

Odua republic! The reasons are:

1) I am not for southern Nigeria because you cannot have two kings in a place. The reason why Nigeria has partially worked is because it is an asymmetric society with 3 major tribes. If one leaves, the other two would gang up and bring that one back
2) I am not for Niger-delta republic because I do not support the ijaw expansionist agenda and the massacre on my people
3) I am not for Nigeria because it is a time bomb waiting for the slightest agitation

All in all, I am for Odua republic. Atleast, there is nothing like "core" yoruba which I like. Although, they are tribalist but I can live with that since they always practice a loose confederation of nation anyway undecided.

You are such a hypocrite.Now that a yoruba man has come out and said the same thing that we Igbos have been saying all of a sudden he is correct.On the other hand you continued to condemn us for making the same exact remarks.

Bow you are asking for oduduwa republic but just the other day you said NIGERIA WILL STAY TOGETHER, NOBODY IS GOING ANYWHERE! As soon as you heard about Igbos talking about Biafra. Also, if the yorubas are tribalist like you say, why would they ever completely welcome you into their countries as equals.Do you think they will elect for president someone with the last name Uagbor(an Itsekiri name) over an Adekoye? Please, for the sake of fairness and to kill hypocrisy, speak no more condemnation of Igbos/Ibibios when they talk about wanted to be in Biafra or create there own country.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 1:21am On Jan 30, 2011
ASL33:

@Poster,

My people, want their own nation It's not practicable because we are only about 600 000 or so undecided

EzeUche_:

I wonder that about him as well. Itsekiri would probably join the Urhobo, Isoko and Edo.

Edo or isoko, YES. Urhobo? NO!
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by EzeUche2(m): 1:22am On Jan 30, 2011
Chyz*:

You are such a hypocrite.Now that a yoruba man has come out and said the same thing that we Igbos have been saying all of a sudden he is correct.On the other hand you continued to condemn us for making the same exact remarks.

Bow you are asking for oduduwa republic but just the other day you said NIGERIA WILL STAY TOGETHER, NOBODY IS GOING ANYWHERE! As soon as you heard about Igbos talking about Biafra. Also, if the yorubas are tribalist like you say, why would they ever completely welcome you into their countries as equals.Do you think they will elect for president someone with the last name Uagbor(an Itsekiri name) over an Adekoye? Please, for the sake of fairness and to kill hypocrisy, speak no more condemnation of Igbos/Ibibios when they talk about wanted to be in Biafra or create there own country.

grin grin grin
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Chyz2: 1:23am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

Edo or isoko, YES. Urhobo? NO!

Obviously you never been to Delta State.I seriously doubt you are Itsekiri either. Tell me the difference between an Isoko and Urhobo fundamentally?

No let Beaf catch you ooo!
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by ASL33: 1:24am On Jan 30, 2011
@poster,
What if the Yorubas want only pure Yoruba in their nation, will you remain stateless?

jason123:

My people, want their own nation It's not practicable because we are only about 600 000 or so undecided
Luxembourg is not up to that number in population. What are you afraid of boy. Ijaws?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Members Are Trained In Algeria And Afghanistan? / Femi Fani Kayode Appointed Media Director Of Jonathan's Campaign Team / I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.