Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination (12009 Views)

PDP Govs Have Accepted Buhari’s Victory- Oshiomhole / INEC Accepted Buhari As A Candidate Without Certificate Of Education - BBC / 'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by sandra123: 8:47am On Feb 01, 2011
Interviewed by Ifedayo Adebayo, 234NEXT

Why did you accept to run with Muhammadu Buhari?

If you understand my passion for this country, demonstrated over the years, I want to see a Nigeria that works in my lifetime and that was one of the motivations that started the Save Nigeria Group. In all my ministerial life, maybe three quarters of my messages are all on Nigeria and what is happening to the country at large.

In October last year, after meeting so many political gladiators, some of them are now party candidates. I came across so many of them, and I can say today that so far, one of them that I have found worthy in terms of credibility is Buhari. He needs to just build bridges with others so that we can win this election. All the time I was doing that, I never knew that I was going to take part in the political process other than just mobilizing people to vote in the 2011 elections, but all I know is that he wants me and when he made the call to ask me if I would consider running with him, I made consultations, and at the end of the day, I felt this is one way to contribute to the future of my country.

Before he called you, did you ever contemplate seeking an elective post or going into politics?

Not in 2010, not in 2011. I never considered running for any offices. As a matter of fact, in all that you have been reading or listening to, I said so that I am not going to take part in the political process other than mobilize the people.

So it was his call that led to your change of mind?

Well, I think so, and because of the situation in my country. Whether one person is running or the other person is running, I think that all Nigerians should be running. I am being modest. I think that all Nigerians should wake up and rise up now to do what is right.

Critics are saying that religious leaders should not go into politics. What do you say to them?

In Romans 13, the Bible says that every authority that exists is ordained by God and he calls those in government, ministers of God almighty. So ministry is not limited to the pulpit. Ministry is whatever you are doing to serve God and humanity.

President Goodluck Jonathan is enjoying an incumbent’s privilege. does that worry you?

Well, as a matter of fact, President Jonathan himself is a child of necessity. It is the death of President Umaru Yar’Adua that brought him into the office and I respect that office, and the truth is if Nigerians are not troubled and Nigerians are getting what they should get, nobody would even be thinking of contesting an election against him. I know there are professional politicians who seize every four years for them to rise up, but if someone is doing a good job, running against such a person is a vision stud. You will lose everything, including your resources and efforts. But right now, the cry of an average Nigerian is ‘anything but PDP’, but we are not just going to replace them with just anybody. We need to get credible people and we will move this nation forward and pull it from the brinks.

Do you mean that Nigerians deserve more than what the present government is giving?

Exactly. Even looking [at the past] 50 years, Nigerians deserve better.

Was the Save Nigeria group created for the purpose of Buhari’s presidency as it has been speculated?

Well, you can do some investigation yourself, because now you want me to be a judge in my own court. At the time Save Nigeria Group began, it was to address a major and vital issue — the issue of power hijack. Those who were not elected to serve in the office of the presidency of the country were exercising the authority to do what they liked. It was the health issue that took President Yar’Adua away that brought us into the streets. It was not PDP or CPC that took us to the streets. It was after that time that we now began to start thinking of 2011 to be the year of the voters and the year that our citizenship must be enlightened; social mobility must be restored and sovereignty must be the lot of our people. We must choose the best, the most competent and the country people must be free to express themselves at the polls. That was the purpose for the SNG; it has nothing to do with this party or that party and it has never teamed up with any political party.

Many believe that Buhari is a religious fanatic. How do you see him?

I have had the privilege of sitting with him, to see his environment, to see what he does. He relates with all kinds of people from different backgrounds, different walks of life and different religious persuasions. To be fair to him, yes, he is a good muslim. As you know, by God’s grace, I am also a practising Christian and if such a man can say today that he is appointing a pastor to be his running mate, does that not confirm he is not? So that is it.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/02/01/interview-pastor-tunde-bakare-speaks-nomination-acceptance-buharibakare-bb/
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by MaJBlige(f): 8:49am On Feb 01, 2011
Sir.

I put it to you that God hasnt sent you on this errand.

LOL.

Should we begin to preach doom against Nigeria just as you were doing when OBJ came to power? Should we begin to see blood and begin to tell people God will destroy Nigeria if ever you become the VP? We need to know sir.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by proflynks1(m): 9:00am On Feb 01, 2011
hmmm,
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by johndoe200: 9:25am On Feb 01, 2011
Those that God wants to destroy, he first gives delusions of grandeur.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by dplordx(m): 9:49am On Feb 01, 2011
@comments

whatever! atleast, it contradicts all the lame silly lies that Buhari is pushing for Sharia in Nigeria. someone who wants Sharia wont be picking a Pastor.
And even if they dont win, this gives Pastor Bakare a political leverage to contest for be it NASS or State Governor come 2015. Its time our rich men of god start giving back to the people they have immensely benefited from. Thumbs to Pastor Bakare. Your getting my vote.

1 Like

Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Genbuhari3: 10:24am On Feb 01, 2011
the shame have finally come on those who have been shouting ayotallah buhari. he has shamed them all. maybe they will change their mind when he choses Jesus Christ has his personal saviour, and i am so sure this pessimists will still doubt him
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by bodejohn(m): 10:25am On Feb 01, 2011
, we need change in Nigeria, I will support any trusted man/woman who has proven character and integrity.
It is just unfortunate that the thread will be hijacked by ethnic bigotry and insult after some few posts which is fast becoming a trend that i have noticed on Nairaland. Even if the Buari/Bakare ticket loose the April election, it will be written down in the annals of this country that they went beyond mere rhetorics.
After all Dr Martin Luther King Jr.  who championed the freedom of the blacks in the US did not become a President or live to see one become but his courage and actions were acclaimed to be the foundation of what we see today in Obama.
If I do not vote in any of the elections I will certainly vote for the Buari/Bakare ticket, I am also moving from just complaining about my country to making the right changes in the country. We should be talking about change going to Abuja, not change in Abuja.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 01, 2011
dplordx:

@comments

whatever! atleast, it contradicts all the lame silly lies that Buhari is pushing for Sharia in Nigeria. someone who wants Sharia wont be picking a Pastor.
And even if they dont win, this gives Pastor Bakare a political leverage to contest for be it NASS or State Governor come 2015. Its time our rich men of god start giving back to the people they have immensely benefited from. Thumbs to Pastor Bakare. Your getting my vote.

Oga,what role does a VP play in governance?
Constitutionally,if Buhari decides to push Sharia (which is not unlikely given his past utterances),what can Bakare do as a VP,assuming they win the elections?
Awaiting answers. . .
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by SkyBlue1: 10:32am On Feb 01, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

Sir.

I put it to you that God hasnt sent you on this errand.

LOL.

Should we begin to preach doom against Nigeria just as you were doing when OBJ came to power? Should we begin to see blood and begin to tell people God will destroy Nigeria if ever you become the VP? We need to know sir.

Surely that cannot be all you got from the interview, can it? I don't get the idea of your first line. We all shout change change change, do we think it is going to fall from the sky? What is wrong about a man actually acting on his convictions? Or are we now lauding the siddon look attitude that seems to have got us nowhere this far? Or is the issue because he is a pastor? He might be a pastor but isn't he human as well or are you saying certaibn people are exempt from contributing to the development (in whatever capacity) of Nigeria? I really don't get some posts sometimes. This is an interesting ticket and might go some way in allaying the fears of some people who have been put off by Buhari due to his perceived religous bigotry and intolerance. I think people should seriously consider this ticket.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by naso2(m): 10:38am On Feb 01, 2011
StarBoard:

Constitutionally,if Buhari decides to push Sharia (which is not unlikely given his past utterances),[b]what can Bakare do as a VP,assuming they win the elections?[/b]Awaiting answers. . .

Hmm. smart question.

I am waiting for the answers too.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by SkyBlue1: 10:40am On Feb 01, 2011
StarBoard:

Constitutionally,if Buhari decides to push Sharia (which is not unlikely given his past utterances),what can Bakare do as a VP,assuming they win the elections?
Awaiting answers. . .

I agree that the whole sharia thing is something Buhari really needs to be pressed on and questioned on because the last time I know off where he was asked the question he didn't answer directly. However most of (if not all) the core northern states have already adopted sharia (very unfortunately in my opinion) and I don't really see how it can be 'forced' unto the south that is dominantly christian, at least not in the way some people portray it. Last time Buhari was in power he did allow his vice play a very important role in government and he was given a relatively free rein to act. Yes Buhari probably needs to be pressed on certain issues (as I would rather have a sharia free Nigeria that is not a member of the IOC in future), but I think some people are just being a bit too alarmist. We are not in a military dictatorship anymore and there is a legislature and a judiciary.

Think of it this way and I do not speak of Buhari so put him aside: given a choice to have a leader who is ready to seriously tackle corruption and bring more order to government, would you be willing to overlook him for other candidates who might represent more of the same out of some fear of sharia being forced down the throat of a dominantly christian south?
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Beaf: 10:47am On Feb 01, 2011
Sky Blue:

I agree that the whole sharia thing is something Buhari really needs to be pressed on and questioned on because the last time I know off where he was asked the question he didn't answer directly. However most of (if not all) the core northern states have already adopted sharia (very unfortunately in my opinion) and I don't really see how it can be 'forced' unto the south that is dominantly christian, at least not in the way some people portray it. Last time Buhari was in power he did allow his vice play a very important role in government and he was given a relatively free rein to act. Yes Buhari probably needs to be pressed on certain issues (as I would rather have a sharia free Nigeria that is not a member of the IOC in future), but I think some people are just being a bit too alarmist. We are not in a military dictatorship anymore and there is a legislature and a judiciary.

Buhari has been repeatedly pressed on the sharia issue (if he intends to propagate it across the entire Nigeria) and he has repeatedly dodged the question.
Nigeria is a secular country, but is already listed among Islamic nations due to our being smuggled into the Organisation of Islamic Conference by IBB. We need to sidestep all religious tickets as a matter of national survival.

There might be a legislature in the country, but it will start with sharia states being more overt, and then increased pressure from the almighty presidency and before you know it, there will be sharia in Abuja and its sorrounding areas.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 01, 2011
I just can't seem to forget sometime ago when this man 'prophesied' that OBJ was going to die in power . . . . undecided undecided
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by SkyBlue1: 10:57am On Feb 01, 2011
Beaf:

Buhari has been repeatedly pressed on the sharia issue (if he intends to propagate it across the entire Nigeria) and he has repeatedly dodged the question.
Nigeria is a secular country, but is already listed among Islamic nations due to our being smuggled into the Organisation of Islamic Conference by IBB. We need to sidestep all religious tickets as a matter of national survival.

Yes Nigeria should not be in the OIC and it is something that should be addressed, but I am yet to see how membership of the OIC (when compared to reckless leadership and corrupt governance) has seriously stifled our development. Is it membership of the OIC that has perpetuauted corruption and bad leadership in the country? Does membership of the OIC force governors and ministers to steal and ignore developmental projects? We shouldn't be in the OIC I agree, but it would be quite laughable to even attempt attributing our personal shortcomings to membership of the OIC. So you would potentially overlook all "religous" tickets (whatever that means) for candidates that could represent more of the same even if the aspirants on these so called "religous" tickets could potentially bring more order to government, tackle serious national issues and hence bring development on a national scale?
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Beaf: 11:22am On Feb 01, 2011
Sky Blue:

Yes Nigeria should not be in the OIC and it is something that should be addressed, but I am yet to see how membership of the OIC (when compared to reckless leadership and corrupt governance) has seriously stifled our development. Is it membership of the OIC that has perpetuauted corruption and bad leadership in the country? Does membership of the OIC force governors and ministers to steal and ignore developmental projects? We shouldn't be in the OIC I agree, but it would be quite laughable to even attempt attributing our personal shortcoming to membership of the OIC. So you would potentially overlook all "religous" tickets (whatever that means) for candidates that could represent more of the same even if the aspirants on these so called "religous" tickets could potentially bring more order to government, tackle serious national issues and hence bring development on a national scale?

Nigeria is bogged down by mediocrity, but we were once a country with beautiful prospects and brimming talent.
Mediocrity comes in little steps (its the little steps that kill), the OIC was one, military rule was another, religion and luck in politics is yet another. Nigeria (alongside Malaysia and Singapore) was once projected to be a leading country, but while the other two have fulfilled that projection. Nigeria is still a developmental sandpit.

Accepting a religious ticket is a step toward the abyss we cannot afford. What it really says, is that we are willing to play dice with the future in a panic induced by despondency; but what we really need is a plan and a cool head. All Buhari ever talks about is corruption, but corruption is not at the root of Nigeria's problems, what we need to adress is what causes Nigeria to be fertile ground for corruption. Buhari has never spoken in that light, perhaps he is leaning only on religion and is not a deep thinker.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by SkyBlue1: 11:34am On Feb 01, 2011
Beaf:

Nigeria is bogged down by mediocrity, but we were once a country with beautiful prospects and brimming talent.
Mediocrity comes in little steps (its the little steps that kill), the OIC was one, military rule was another, religion and luck in politics is yet another. Nigeria (alongside Malaysia and Singapore) was once projected to be a leading country, but while the other two have fulfilled that projection. Nigeria is still a developmental sandpit.

Accepting a religious ticket is a step toward the abyss we cannot afford. What it really says, is that we are willing to play dice with the future in a panic induced by despondency; but what we really need is a plan and a cool head. All Buhari ever talks about is corruption, but corruption is not at the root of Nigeria's problems, what we need to adress is what causes Nigeria to be fertile ground for corruption. Buhari has never spoken in that light, perhaps he is leaning only on religion and is not a deep thinker.

You might first of all want to define what a "religous ticket" is. Isn't Jonathan a christian? I don't get it, so religous people cannot be progressive and pro development? What exactly is your point here? Corruption might not be the root of all of Nigeria's problems, but in its wider ramifications it is perhaps the greatest hindrance we have to development, and I am yet to see any candidate (apart from maybe Utomi) proposing ways to tackle what makes Nigeria a fertile ground for corruption, so since this election is about choosing the best out of the rest I don't think any of the points you have raised so far put Buhari behind any of the major candidates.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by 1025: 11:40am On Feb 01, 2011

@beaf,
jonathan is just a very good example of the mediocrity u mentioned above and he has demonstarted that in his short time arround. jos, borno, bauchi, enugu, bayelsa and many more places and states are quite ungovernable.
if u say we were once a country with beautiful prospects and brimming talents, when was that?
if buhari is coming to make us sharia, when didn't he do that as a military president when all powers belonged to him and idiagbon?
is sharia will make us move forward as a nation, i don't have any gaddem problem with that after all, sharia will let us cut off these thiefing rulers hands and legs at will.
it will help us flog them whenever we catch them with all these ashawo girls with whom they share our money.
if tunde bakare will give up his religion for sharia, then so be it as i am well convienced that all of us here incvluding these criminal presidents and govs are not more religious than bakare.
if nigerians want change for real, let us embrace tunde and buhari.
if we have been suffering under the so called christain presidents, let us try this muslim president.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by SkyBlue1: 11:42am On Feb 01, 2011
1025:

@beaf,
jonathan is just a very good example of the mediocrity u mentioned above and he has demonstarted that in his short time arround. jos, borno, bauchi, enugu, bayelsa and many more places and states are quite ungovernable.
if u say we were once a country with beautiful prospects and brimming talents, when was that?
if buhari is coming to make us sharia, when didn't he do that as a military president when all powers belonged to him and idiagbon?
is sharia will make us move forward as a nation, i don't have any gaddem problem with that after all, sharia will let us cut off these thiefing rulers hands and legs at will.
it will help us flog them whenever we catch them with all these ashawo girls with whom they share our money.
if tunde bakare will give up his religion for sharia, then so be it as i am well convienced that all of us here incvluding these criminal presidents and govs are not more religious than bakare.
if nigerians want change for real, let us embrace tunde and buhari.
if we have been suffering under the so called christain presidents, let us try this muslim president.

Funny write up but with regards to the part in bold, are we talking about the same country here?.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Genbuhari3: 11:59am On Feb 01, 2011
I am chasing beaf every where! and thank God I found him on this thread. this guy is so deep in hatred of Buhari that even if the man confesses he is a christian, beaf and co will doubt him. Guys your islamist propaganda as elapsed. eyes of Nigerians are open to this faleshood you have tried to kill this noble man of noble means. The man even said you should bring out a man dead or alive that he has descriminated with based on faith, and none of you have been able to.

and this is what he said yesterday:

''They should continue to tell lies about me just as I will continue to tell the truths about them''

This is the wisest statement i have heard this year. your guys are the bigots, not him. it takes a lot of liberalism to appoint a pentecostal pastor as a running mate, someone that is not even in his political party.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Beaf: 12:02pm On Feb 01, 2011
Genbuhari3:

I am chasing beaf every where! and thank God I found him on this thread. this guy is so deep in hatred of Buhari that even if the man confesses he is a christian, beaf and co will doubt him. Guys your islamist propaganda as elapsed. eyes of Nigerians are open to this faleshood you have tried to kill this noble man of noble means. The man even said you should bring out a man dead or alive that he has descriminated with based on faith, and none of you have been able to.

and this is what he said yesterday:

''They should continue to tell lies about me just as I will continue to tell the truths about them''

This is the wisest statement i have heard this year. your guys are the bigots, not him. it takes a lot of liberalism to appoint a pentecostal pastor as a running mate, someone that is not even in his political party.

Stop being a sentimental fool and make some sense. Buhari is the one who said he wishes to institutute sharia across Nigeria, not Beaf. Deal with it.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Genbuhari3: 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2011
YOU ARE THE BLOODY IDIOTS, A ROGUE, A PART OF GEJ'S CORRUPT FORTY THIEVES SPEAKING FROM ALL SIDES OF THE MOUTH BUT NEVER SAYING THE TRUTH. SHOW ME WHERE THE MAN SAID HE WILL IMPLEMENT SHARIA ALL OVER NIGERIA.

MUMU, YOUR PROPAGANDA IS DEAD

AND FOR THAT SENTENCE YOU PUT IN BOLD. IT IS STRIKING STRAIGHT AT YOUR HEART. PDP THIEVES!

I HAVE NO SENTIMENTS OGA AS I AM A PRAGMATIC CHRISTIAN SUPPORTING A HONEST MUSLIM! FOOL!
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Beaf: 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2011
^
So what have you gained from hauling abuse and shouting? Has it changed Buharis words as a sharia zealot?
You are coming across as just as crude as Buhari.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by johndoe200: 12:20pm On Feb 01, 2011
Ujujoan:

I just can't seem to forget sometime ago when this man 'prophesied' that OBJ was going to die in power . . . . undecided undecided

Most people are discerning enough to see through his facade. He has been revealed for what he always was, a fake pastor and a greedy man, who had no opportunity to get to the national treasury, now that he has been offed a shot, he grabs it like a drowning man.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by hakanai(m): 12:23pm On Feb 01, 2011
What ever as long as it can change the state of the nation !!!!! I don"t like PDP and anything that goes with it,including GEJ!!!! undecided
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by dplordx(m): 12:25pm On Feb 01, 2011
@beaf or faeb or becomerich

now your done with attacking atiku, buhari is next. hmmm
sharia in nigeria by buhari? well he picked bakare to tell people like you to pick another point of attack.
next, you will claim bakare is a fake christain disguising as a pastor, keep the slander rolling.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by DeCleff(m): 12:31pm On Feb 01, 2011
Sir, it's quite unfortunate that you have been dragged into mess called politics. Can someone please tell me what is happening to Pastor Tunde Barkare? How can you allow your vision for Nigeria evaporates by becoming a runing mate with Buhari? If i may ask you sir, who is suppose to lead between light and darkness? The Holy Scripture makes it clear that light and darkness has nothing in common. Please sir, if you know the Lord never endorsed your decision please carefully withdraw before it becomes too late. Think about Pastor Chris Okotie for an example. Thanks.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by johndoe200: 12:36pm On Feb 01, 2011
dplordx:

@beaf or faeb or becomerich

now your done with attacking atiku, buhari is next. hmmm
sharia in nigeria by buhari? well he picked bakare to tell people like you to pick another point of attack.
next, you will claim bakare is a fake christain disguising as a pastor, keep the slander rolling.

He was never a real pastor, it was just the quickest way he knew to make money.

He thinks he has smelled an opportunity to steal and he jumps at it like his life depends on it.

Well I can assure him, that his filthy hand swill not get near government money. It will remain an illusion. It is sad, he turned out to be just another hungry Nigerian fake pastor.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Genbuhari3: 12:38pm On Feb 01, 2011
well, what informed your brain to call me a sentimental fool. Sharia zealot for ages!  when you dwell so much on Buhari and leaving out your Jonathan it shows how worried you are on this man's growing reputation. and i can bet if you dont watch it, you will end up commiting suicide!

@Johndoe & Ujujoan,

You guys just takes words, twist it and makes you look misformed. please show me where he said OBJ will die in power? and come to think of it, are all prophecies meant to come to pass? am sure you guys are not christians.

A fake pastor that has fought for this country more than you and your forefathers combined, a man who prophecied the death of Abacha in Kano even when Abacha was in power, a man who predicted the death of MKO Abiola 'is there no old man in Abiola's house who can tell him not to run for presidence, because if he does, he will never come out alive!' the man who said SDP and NRC will fail. the man who predicted the emergence of a black american president in OAU ife in 1999.

Guys prophecies are not meant to come to pass, some are to warn. simple.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2011
Buhari/Bakare ticket is nothing but a theater of brouhaha. It simply shows how desperate Buhari is to becom president.

As fro Bakare, soon he will realise that politics is different from the pulpit.
He claimed he never dreamt of having a political office, so what is his agenda?

Nigerians are so gullible. Na wa o!
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Genbuhari3: 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2011
well, what informed your brain to call me a sentimental fool. Sharia zealot for ages! when you dwell so much on Buhari and leaving out your Jonathan it shows how worried you are on this man's growing reputation. and i can bet if you dont watch it, you will end up commiting suicide!

@Johndoe & Ujujoan,

You guys just takes words, twist it and makes you look misformed. please show me where he said OBJ will die in power? and come to think of it, are all prophecies meant to come to pass? am sure you guys are not christians.

A fake pastor that has fought for this country more than you and your forefathers combined, a man who prophecied the death of Abacha in Kano even when Abacha was in power, a man who predicted the death of MKO Abiola 'is there no old man in Abiola's house who can tell him not to run for presidence, because if he does, he will never come out alive!' the man who said SDP and NRC will fail. the man who predicted the emergence of a black american president in OAU ife in 1999.Guys prophecies are not meant to come to pass, some are to warn. simple.

@DECLEF

do you go to dubai? or have you ever referred to Dubai as a beautiful country? i am sure it is an islamic country and dwells in darkness. so you are GOD? you decide for HIM who lives in darkness. Tunde Bakare is a pastor by vocation a lawyer by occupation. he says this all the time. so pastors are to stay in church while the rogues, ably supported by johndoe and beef, should continue to steal our money?
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by MaiSuya(m): 12:52pm On Feb 01, 2011
The Pastor is certainly being careful with his words. Nowhere has he said God called him to go into politics. For all intents this his personal decision, and just like any other Nigerian citizen, his inalienable right. So I don't see why he should be crucified for it.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Akainzo(m): 1:14pm On Feb 01, 2011
Beaf:

There might be a legislature in the country, but it will start with sharia states being more overt, and then increased pressure from the almighty presidency and before you know it, there will be sharia in Abuja and its sorrounding areas.

I get quite bemused that most people in their haste to crucify him, never get to know beyond the beer-parlour rumours that is circulated.

For help in setting things in the right perspective, the timelines for Nigeria's particiaption in OIC would be shown below:
1976, Nigeria made a request as to the membership of OIC (and subsequently put Sharia in our constitution under OBJ).
1980, Nigeria became a member of OIC as an observer nation.
1986, Nigeria became a FULL member of OIC
2001, Nigeria confirmed its FULL membership by President Obasanjo attending its D8 summit.

It is interesting that the only Nigerian HOS/President to actually attend an OIC meeting, is the christian Obasanjo! Buhari could have made us a FULL member but he did not, but IBB surreptitiously did! And OBJ though claiming to be a born again, never took us out but even attended the meeting.

SO tell me, what do you have against Buhari?  And has your GEJ mooted the idea of taking us out? Or does he even have the balls to address the Jos crisis?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Apologize For The Civil War / NEMA: EFCC Invites More Top Officers Amid Reps Probe Of DG Maihaja / Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.