Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 (3084 Views)

General Buhari Shares A First Shot With Prof.osinbajo His Running Mate. / BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? / My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by sandra123: 12:50pm On Feb 01, 2011
Mallam Nuhu Ribadu recently picked Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu, a U.S. based educationist and businessman as his running mate for the upcoming 2011 elections according to Leadership Editors. Until his recent appointment, Dr. Ugochukwu served as Mallam Ribadu’s National Campaign Director. He hails from Anambra State.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/02/01/nuhu-ribadus-campaign-confirms-sunny-ugochukwu-pick-doubts-controversy-remain/
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2011
We don't know who this Ugoochukwu is.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by johndoe200: 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2011
noblezone:

We don't know who this Ugoochukwu is.

Do you need to know? All you need to know is that he is igbo, therefore ALL igbo's will flock to ACN.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by naso2(m): 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2011
I now know why the PDP zoning debate was of national concern. . . . . .

Ugochukwu what? Kai make i dey laugh again.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Feb 01, 2011
is this official?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by ladi02(m): 4:01pm On Feb 01, 2011
This is a surprise, tho not yet confirmed from other sources

I Still feel a woman will be choosen. .or its because ACN plans an alliance with other parties where RIbadu will become the Presidential Candidate and the other party brings the VP.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by cpatra(f): 4:23pm On Feb 01, 2011
@Ribadu, waste of time.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2011
johndoe200:

Do you need to know? All you need to know is that he is igbo, therefore ALL igbo's will flock to ACN.

Abi?
You may be right o, perhaps that is their thinking! Then it is such a poor thought.

I will vote in the forhth coming elections, but my party GPAP.

GPAP => Good Personality from Any Party.

As for ACN getting my vote because Igbo man is running/walking mate, a beg make I laf in Igbo. Chineke me e!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by Nsiman(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2011
Unpopular running mate =
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by Orikinla(m): 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2011
If this is true, then I doubt the political wisdom of Mallam Nuhu Ribadu. The Igbos would prefer to vote for an Igbo President to an Igbo Vice President. And to the Igbos, Goodluck EBELE AZIKIWE JONATHAN is IGBO. The fact is if Jonathan wins, the next President will be Hausa Muslim. But if he loses, the next President after Buhari or Ribadu will be Igbo. To the majority of the rural dwellers in the north and west, Jonathan is Igbo.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by sandra123: 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2011
In a recent telephone conversation with CP-Africa, the Nuhu Ribadu campaign organization confirmed today that Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu has been picked as Mallam Ribadu’s running mate for the upcoming 2011 elections.

However, doubts and controversy about Mallam Ribadu’s commitment to his pick and the circumstances surrounding the selection process remain. Here are some commentary to this effect…

PM News Nigeria:

“Despite the fact the Mr Stanley Ugochukwu has been sent to the Independent National Electoral Commission as the running mate of Mallam Nuhu Ribadu in the 2011 Presidential elections, PM News can reveal that the search for a viable Vice Presidential candidate for the for the former anti corruption czar is still on.
Sources told PM News yesterday told PM News this morning that the name sent to INEC yesterday is a stop gap and that the real candidate that will run alongside Ribadu will emerge between this evening and latest tomorrow. The source indicates that the ACN presidential candidate will use the window provided for substitution of candidates by INEC to bring in his final choice of Vice President.

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, former Nigerian Finance and Foreign Affairs Minister and currently, a managing director at World Bank has been variously rumored as a likely running mate for Ribadu. PM NEWS can however not confirm if she is still one of those being considered for the position. Other leading presidential candidates submitted the names of their running mates alongside their names to the Independent National Electoral Commission yesterday.”

Leadership Editors:

“But for the secret political manoeuvres by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) governors, observers said Malam Nuhu Ribadu, the ACN presidential flagbearer, would have been a formidable candidate in the April polls. An insider said Ribadu, who was adopted as the presidential candidate of the ACN on January 14, is having political disagreement with Tinubu and some of his loyalists.

Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu, a United States of America-based educationist, was picked yesterday as the presidential running mate to Ribadu.”

http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/02/01/nuhu-ribadus-campaign-confirms-sunny-ugochukwu-pick-doubts-controversy-remain/
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by calyx: 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2011
sandra123:

In a recent telephone conversation with CP-Africa, the Nuhu Ribadu campaign organization confirmed today that Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu has been picked as Mallam Ribadu’s running mate for the upcoming 2011 elections.

However, doubts and controversy about Mallam Ribadu’s commitment to his pick and the circumstances surrounding the selection process remain. Here are some commentary to this effect…

PM News Nigeria:

“Despite the fact the Mr Stanley Ugochukwu has been sent to the Independent National Electoral Commission as the running mate of Mallam Nuhu Ribadu in the 2011 Presidential elections, PM News can reveal that the search for a viable Vice Presidential candidate for the for the former anti corruption czar is still on.
Sources told PM News yesterday told PM News this morning that the name sent to INEC yesterday is a stop gap and that the real candidate that will run alongside Ribadu will emerge between this evening and latest tomorrow. The source indicates that the ACN presidential candidate will use the window provided for substitution of candidates by INEC to bring in his final choice of Vice President.

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, former Nigerian Finance and Foreign Affairs Minister and currently, a managing director at World Bank has been variously rumored as a likely running mate for Ribadu PM NEWS can however not confirm if she is still one of those being considered for the position. Other leading presidential candidates submitted the names of their running mates alongside their names to the Independent National Electoral Commission yesterday.”

Leadership Editors:

“But for the secret political manoeuvres by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) governors, observers said Malam Nuhu Ribadu, the ACN presidential flagbearer, would have been a formidable candidate in the April polls. An insider said Ribadu, who was adopted as the presidential candidate of the ACN on January 14, is having political disagreement with Tinubu and some of his loyalists.

Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu, a United States of America-based educationist, was picked yesterday as the presidential running mate to Ribadu.”

Is this a joke?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by soldee: 9:38pm On Feb 01, 2011
From Hero to Zero
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by oderemo(m): 10:20pm On Feb 01, 2011
as for me this shows that acn under Tinubu is a total sham. i am really dissappointed at the shody and clueless way this Ribadu been going about his campaign.
just look at the numerous post being filled by friends and family by this Tinubu fella, instead of establishing proper democratic process in the party.
i am now gutted.
Tinubu shame on you.dont even bother coming to the party,. its over and out.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by dayokanu(m): 4:05am On Feb 02, 2011
Then I guess I am supporting Buhari
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by EzeUche2(m): 4:10am On Feb 02, 2011

Very confusing to say the least.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by johndoe200: 4:25am On Feb 02, 2011
[size=14pt]Fresh Air 2011[/size]

Join The winning team
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by Ogulugu: 11:35pm On Feb 02, 2011
Well, well,

Who is Sunny Ugochukwu? I guess Ribadu is looking for some nameless naive Igbo, just another nobody like Ekwueme?

As for Jonathan and his Ebele + Azikiwe? Yeah, give me a break. He will tell us the real Ijaw meaning of Ebele (which is Junior) as opposed to mercy in Igbo language, immediately after the election. One good thing about the Igbos supporting Jonathan is that the Water people can no longer claim that Igbos never support them. Question: What is Jonathan saying about abandoned property program of his people, where the Igbo properties were confiscated by those lazy sharks?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by ekubear1: 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2011
What is the point of picking this Ugochukwu guy? Will he be able to deliver any votes?

Smh at Ribadu. . . not a serious candidate.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by dayokanu(m): 11:49pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^

I am for Buhari-Bakare now
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by semid4lyfe(m): 11:59pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ribadu ain't a serious candidate. na joker im be grin grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by apoti(m): 12:30am On Feb 03, 2011
So we now have
Jonathan - Sambo
Buhari - Bakare
Ribadu - Ugo

I think the B-B sounds better grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by jason123: 1:13am On Feb 03, 2011
A political mistake!!!! sad
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by jadelord(m): 11:01am On Feb 03, 2011
It is so shocking that a lots of you all can be saying this, I read ur posts and comment concerning this forth coming elections and I seem to wonder if it is the same Nigeria we all live in, Are we really seeking a change or a continuation of 12 yrs draconian governance meted upon us all by the PDP? Lets take a better look at our future lest we sell it cheap for life, we are deserving of the leaders we get. undecided

I really do not know Sunny Ugochukwu, but why don't we take time out to research his personality, who says green horn don't turn to to be the talk of the show?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by Nsiman(m): 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2011
Fresh air is blowing everywhere, touching and confusing the warm air, if iweala will accept that mmm, Go gej, 2011 is urs
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2011
Ribadu's Running Mate Between Dr. Okonjo-Iweala and Prof. Osinbajo
huhuadmin
E-mail Print PDF
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest
Huhuonline.com has learnt that the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) is currently considering two people out of which one would be picked as running mate to the party's presidential aspirant, Malam Nuhu Ribadu

The two include the country's former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and former Lagos State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Prof. Yomi Osinbajo (SAN).

Investigations reveal that several meetings have been held in the last one week on who among the two to finally pick to run with the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFFC) for the presidency in the April general elections.

Sources said the leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, is in favour of Osinbajo, who has been his "right hand man" and has worked for the former Governor both formally and informally.

The sourced further told Huhuonline.com that Tinubu, who has never trusted anybody, especially his political godsons, wants Prof. Osinbajo as his eyes in Aso Rock if Ribadu eventually wins the election.

"But the former EFCC Chairman wants Okonjo-Iweala, because of her antecedents and the fact that she is both accepted by men and women in Nigeria.

"She is also an from the South-East and her nomination can help the party garner a lot of support from her area.

"For Osinbajo, the argument is that he is a Yoruba man and has never held any position that has to do with the entire country. He is also seen as one who has no national appeal like Okonjo-Iweala." the source informed Huhuonline.com.

It is also believed by some party stalwarts who are against the former Commissioner for Justice that his nomination would further give the party an ethnic colouration.

It was also learnt that majority of the members of the party supported the former Finance Minister against Osinbajo suggesting that the latter would be better as Minister of Justice instead.

Though it has not been confirmed if the former Minister is ready to accept, it was learnt that she and Prof. Osinbajo had been informed and is ready to take up the challenge if chosen.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, born June 13, 1954, was the former Finance Minister and was later moved to Foreign Affairs by former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

She was the first woman on Nigeria to hold either of those positions.

She served as Finance Minister from July 2003 until her appointment as Foreign Minister in June 2006 before she resigned in August that same year. Okonjo-Iweala who was at a time considered as a possible replacement for former World Bank President Paul Wolfowitz, got appointed as Managing Director of the World Bank by World Bank President Robert Zoellick on October 4, 2007

In October 2005, she led the Nigerian team that struck a deal with the Paris Club, a group of bilateral creditors, to pay a portion of Nigeria's external debt (US $12 billion) in return for an $18 billion debt write-off.

Prior to the partial debt payment and write-off, Nigeria spent roughly U.S. $1 billion every year on debt servicing, without making a dent in the principal owed.

She resigned as Nigeria's Foreign Minister on August 3, 2006 following her sudden removal as head of Nigeria's Economic Intelligence team by President Olusegun Obasanjo in controversial circumstance.
i don't know where ugochukwu came from bt it is either okonji iweala or prof osinbanjo. so pls who ever said ugochukwu is not saying d truth. i hope it is okonji cause dey will gv goodluck a gud fight
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by yemmight(m): 4:18pm On Feb 09, 2011
Okonjo should be more ideal. I hope Asiwaju will not force Osinbajo on Ribadu again. We need a credible candidates as VP from the east.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by sbeezy8: 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2011
lol its CLEAR ACN isnt TRYING to win the presidential election OBVIOUSLY.

i HEARD acn ISNT EVEN CONCERNED AT THE PRESIDENTIAL LEVEL AS OF YET i didnt believe it TILL NOW!

Sunny ugochoku IS FUNNY. acn cant get now votes in the SW SS North or even the SE with him on the ticket
Okonjo Iweala - is FUNNY she doesnt have what is takes to win ACROSS Nigeria esp with lame Ribadu. shes not a politician
Yomi Osinbajo- WHO THE HEL.L IS HE he cannot even win an election in his hometown.

I dont know what ACN has planned but for 2011 election they are not planning to win, theyre just throwing up a candidate to be there.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by PeeDaVinci: 11:51pm On Feb 09, 2011
Ugochukwu will not be the final VP candidate, he is just used to fill the space (because of INEC's deadline) before a credible Igbo son/daughter can be found. The name will be replaced soon
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Picks Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu As His Running Mate #acn #nigeria2011 by UgoChild1(f): 8:35am On Mar 26, 2011
Sonny Ugochukwu is my father and I have been looking for him for over 15 years after my parents divorced. When I finally found him he wasn't too happy. Talk about heartbroken. A “forced” reunion took place, but I could tell he’d rather be elsewhere than sitting with his daughter that he hadn’t seen in over 20 years.

My heart is so heavy right now to read the above information. It seems as if he is doing well despite his lack of communication, compassion, and love he fails to show me, his oldest and first born.

Although, a grown woman, it still pains me to know that a man could leave his family and never look back to see if they are alive and doing well. Many nights I recall my mother crying because she had to raise me on her own and not knowing how she was going to make ends meet. I'm not angry anymore, just hurt and sadden. Deeply saddened. For years I prayed that God would take this sadness away from me and heal me to be OK as a result of not growing up with him and the happy reunion that didn’t pan out the way I had always prayed for. For some reason this pain keeps lingering and the sadness will not go away.  I guess the saying is true, “Girls need their fathers.” and boy have there been plenty of times I needed mine.

I wasn't sure how to approach this message board and this topic. I stumbled upon it just doing a Google search on him, something that I do from time to time, just to make sure he is alive and in good health. Despite it all, I still have love for this man that I can recall being ‘Daddy’s Little Girl’….that’s the love that I hold on to and that allows me not to be angry and bitter. I’m scared if I let that go, I won’t be the Woman of God that I strive to be. So I hold on to it for dear life, the same way I did when my father would say “Gotta go work my love…” when I was a child.

Whatever political race my father is running for and aiming to win, may his heart one day have that same burning desire to run that race with his oldest first born before the race is over for either parties involved.

I’m not sure what I want to become of this note, perhaps it’s the beginning chapters to my much needed closure, or a silent plea for someone that doesn’t know me, to reach out to him to tell him “Hey this isn’t right, do the right thing, ”, or perhaps it’s just a letter that I have been writing for years and years but could never complete because of swollen eyes from crying too much. My intent is not to hurt him or cause hurt to his family. I know I have siblings that don’t know about me and I wouldn’t want to cause any disruption to the family but my heart desires to know them and they know me. I know all things happen for a reason…….34 years later; I’m still trying to find a reason.

Respectfully,

S. Ugochukwu
(From Maryland)

(1) (Reply)

Nnpc Raises Hope On Oil In Chad Basin / Arewa Youths Want Release Of Al- Mustapha / Can Nigeria Offer Refuge To Gadhafi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.