Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,844 members, 7,798,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. (5531 Views)

Calling The PROGRESSIVES To Order / 2011 Presidential Elections: Results From Up North- CPC calling the shots so far / ODUA City.Including Pictures.It is Time for the Children of Oduduwa to dream big (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by NegroNtns(m): 6:44pm On Feb 01, 2011
AN IMPERATIVE

Here is a story once told to me by an ex-student of FSAS.

Some years ago when I was a student at FSAS, I belonged in a student fraternity that was revered on campus, we were not feared but we commanded respect. The respect came out of what outsiders did not know about us. Our membership was visible and you knew who belonged but initiation into the group was very tight and restricted. We searched for certain traits, persons who when engulfed in chaos and panic, remain reserved, calm and poised; and not incapable of managing and recovering normalcy to the situation. They are not loud, not flamboyant, not self-identifying, just a blend in the ordinary narrative of their environment, mysterious but personable. There were many other frats and groups on campus formed along varying interests and compatibility traits.

There was a particular gang that terrorized campus and bullied students. One day a female member of my frat was harassed at a party - she had refused advances from a member of this gang and to humiliate her, he groped her b r e a s t s and forced himself on her on the dance floor, ripped her clothes off and left her there in her shame, then stormed off. No one at the party had the gut to intervene for fear of reprisal from the gang. This humiliation was reported to the frat. We arranged to meet with the gang and at first they snubbed us but then later agreed to the meeting. We were determined on controlling the pace and spirit of the meeting. We started by telling them why we were there - the purpose - and then we wanted to know why this happened. They took the floor and spoke at length. They questioned our audacity to query their action, and made it known in many words that they were the alpha gang on campus and they had unrestrained access to any girl they fancied and anybody that dared challenge their authority was indeed drawing the line for battle. We listened but didn’t talk. They bragged about mischief and conquest on campus and off-campus, we listened but not talked. After all the self-glorifying was done, they asked if we had problem with their authority. The leader of my frat stood up and told them since this was a first encounter he would let this episode pass but that if ever in future there was a repeat or a complaint from any member of the frat about harassment coming from the gang that there would be bloodshed. He did not wait for a response, he headed out and we filed out behind him in silence.

I guess they doubted him because before the end of that day the same girl was again harassed and this time, threatened with rape. This happened on the Friday following the Tuesday party. The party had taken place at a home few streets from the school. Two weeks went by, nothing happened. Then one afternoon after school hours myself and another frat member got a call to come to a classroom. There were eight of us in the room. We held a ritual preparation for imminent face-off and possible bloodbath. We had watched and surveilled the gang habits for 10days, we were ready to take them on. The third week, on the third Monday since the rape threat was issued we ambushed two of the gang members as they sat in an empty classroom, ordered them to lie on the floor and keep still. They obeyed. Word was then sent to another of their member that these two guys needed rescue from a bad situation - not specifying what the situation was. He eagerly showed up and was ordered to join the crew on the floor. Word was again sent out, and two more came and joined the floor. On the third errand, we lured their leader in. He was ordered on the floor. He was shocked and defiant at first, so someone unsheathed a dagger. He complied and laid face down on the floor with the rest of his rascals. So in this position, we had our second meeting. This time, they listened we did the talking.

No member of the frat was ever troubled again for the remainder of my time there and for many years after our graduation, but the gang continued to harass, bully, flog and even extort protection money from students in exchange for safety. In a particular incidence, a student was beaten so severely that one of his eyes was bloodshot with pressure resulting from a ruptured vein and ultimately causing loss of vision in that eye. This event has remained etched in my memory and conscience ever since. Looking back, I have asked myself, time after time, if we should not have intervened and stopped the terror when we clearly had the opportunity to do so and dis-empower their ability to hurt people. We had a convincing impact on their assessment of our reserved silence but the concession was a honor confined only to the frat, not to the general student body. I am still embattled in my spirit and often wondered if the crime and violation that led to the blinding of that student can truly be faulted to the excesses and extreme acts of a gang known and reputed for violence or should the more reasonable and influential frat be blamed for failure to anticipate the risks and dangers ahead and then, acting as agent of change, influence and re-direct the energies of the violent gang. Perhaps, this student and many others after that “floor meeting” encounter might have been saved from their tormenting ordeal if we demanded it from the gang. There is no question in my mind, not now and not back then in that classroom, that we would obtain any concessions we desired - our strategy to ambush and then subdue them was very successful; it was rapid, it was ordered, we did not humiliate them but we were firm and kept the “unknown” factor alive the entire time they laid on the floor.

Life is lesson. . . . But our stories are the garment covering that makes it vibrantly colorful. You take the stories away and life will be naked and uninspiring!

I took time to open this post with this short but true life story because it has relevance and gives spice to the mission I intend. The lesson of this post itself is one that should be very troubling to the soul and spirit of any living mankind. It is the lesson of an unrelenting aggression and crime committed by one set of mankind against another set. It is relevant to the killing of the Igbo people by the Hausas. The Yoruba nation is looking on. We do not speak up except on such infrequent occasion when a child of O’Dua is a victim in the mix-up.

My question to the children of Oduduwa: Will you find comfort in your conscience to stand by and not do anything as the Hausas continue to violate the Igbos? The Hausas were not the only victims of Igbo aggression and disrespect in the 60s coup, we were victims as well, far worse so than the North. If we in the West lived by the sentiments of our memories we should single-handedly and over the years have finished wiping their traces and blood out of our region and land by now, but that’s not a noble way for mankind. In conquest, there is redemption. A magnanimous warrior conquers the spirit of the infidel and crushes his ego but must leave his soul intact so the petals of a new humility can open and blossom.

Indisputably, the Igbo man is loud, flamboyant, self-glorifying and arrogant. He suffers from an inability to correctly assess his own weakness and come out with an effective plan to advance reforms. . . .and so he trudges on in a cycle of self-destruction believing in the volume of his hoot and holler as a effective propaganda against a veteran of stealth and strategy.

We can resign the Igbo man to his own fate but how about the helpless Igbo woman and her child? Politically and militarily, the man continues to prove his incomplete and ineffective understanding of the wisdom of war and hence those in his care are dangerously exposed to the whims and violent emotions of the rival. We must recognize this error in judgment as an involuntary attribute and therefore intervene with a resolve to rescue the Igbo woman and her child; and if doing that results in saving the Igbo man from his path of self-destruction as well, then so be it. . . .but it is a moral imperative that demands our firm stand for what is right and honorable in the eye and laws of mankind.

That in the history of mankind, our default reluctance to stand up and intervene for the security of lives and property- of those who are indebted to us for wrongs and injuries - has too far often stripped us of God’s Holy Spirit when we most needed to soak in it. In that un-divine moment, man falls from grace, life loses value and meaning; the “man” becomes the “beast” and willingly responds to the instincts of his carnivore nature - totally and recklessly disrespecting the sanctity of blood and the holiness of life. Everywhere you look a body is gashed open or burnt while the life still in it or smashed violently with a blunt force that the blood is shocked into trauma and finally succumbs to death.

This is not the order of creation and it is not the order of a noble people. Our history is of noble roots and our generation is faced with the challenge in our backyard and under our nose to correct atrocities against the nobility of creation, we cannot turn away from this.

If we continue to watch the Igbo people repeatedly violated and killed and we do nothing, then the time must come in future when the Yoruba nation will look back, either as a co-habiter in Nigeria or as a separate Sovereign, and we would wish we had saved the Igbo people from the ordeal of these torments.

Let’s start by adding voice to a call for the humane treatment of Igbo people in Northern Nigeria. For the sake of the mother and child, let us act as agents of change for their future. We can do it!

Add your voice to this mission.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by Afam4eva(m): 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2011
Typical Nigeria for you. As long as your own is not affected. Then there's no problem. Nigerians should just remember that what goes around comes around.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by KnowAll(m): 7:07pm On Feb 01, 2011
Since Mr VP to be has thrown his hat in d ring, it would be a de-service to christiandom & his over all ambition of been d next VP to close an eye on d plight of one of his contstituent which is d Igbos, d whole Southern Ptotectorate of Nigeria are his constituency and he should act. I am talking Mr Bakare just in case readers are wondering who I am talking off.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by ShangoThor(m): 8:29pm On Feb 01, 2011
@ Poster, your humanitarian appeal is pertinent. I have been shouting about this for days on numerous threads. I believe that there is only one solution. I will reiterate my points again below:

[size=14pt]Yoruba Ronu ? ? ? How long for? Indefinite procrastination is not a plan.[/size]

1. The Yoruba position of clearly sitting on the fence, waiting for the opportune moment despite clearly knowing who the aggressors are
is ridiculous and might prove to be very costly in the future.

2. The Yoruba are missing an ideal opportunity to show leadership and a moral compass, highlighting the plight of Social Justice; the
eradication of poverty and hunger; respect for women; protection for the vulnerable, minors and children on the
continent and EARN SOME RESPECT, considering how the Yoruba population(s) was decimated during the Slave Trade.

3. The Yoruba and Northerners will not develop identity specific tensions to the point of there being large scale violence and casualties
that would force the issue that would start the process.

4. There will be very few opportunities to split the country. Staying in a political union with Baby Buthers because your babies have not
been butchered yet is a ridiculous strategy.

5. The Yoruba need to have an open mind, form an alliance with other Southern Nigerians to defeat the common enemy foe first. It would be
a lot easier to form an ODUA Republic (which I do not believe will be required) out of a Southern Nigeria, as opposed to forming an ODUA Republic
out of Nigeria as it stands. View it as 2 steps to achieving the objective instead of 1. But to do nothing, is a recipe for disaster ,
this strategy will not work, in fact it is not a plan at all.

6. The Yoruba need to build a broad (multi faith and multi tribal)consensus across Nigeria in order to get the UN involved so they
can sponsor a referendum for separation.
That is the objective,and it is more important than individual egos.

Yoruba Ronu ? ? ? How long for? We need a plan.

Seriously, don't get caught napping.

[size=14pt]The Northern States that adopted Sharia would be better served to combine forces and form a new Nation State,"you can't have your cake and eat it too".[/size]
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by Obiagu1(m): 8:34pm On Feb 01, 2011
The Yorubas hold the key to disintegration of Nigeria. I've said it before and will keep saying it.
The moment they make it known they intend to leave with SS and SE already on that track, the North will panick.
The North knows fully well they can't challenge the South in any way. They are not superior in intelligence, number, or resolve.
They used their access to sea and huge number to defeat the East but can't even try when that advantage, sea access (Lagos) and number, is nullified.

So the Yorubas hold the key and are the ones still keeping us all in Nigeria.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by ShangoThor(m): 8:41pm On Feb 01, 2011
@ Obagui1, this is a new generation with a common interest.

We stand vindicated!

The colonialists have admitted that they setup time bombs to make sure Nigeria would not work. This time bomb was the North/South
Schism of which the Hausa/Fulani group were the major dominant group in Northern Nigeria.

See this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-593484.32.html

The status quo can only be maintained by "divide and rule" or "divide and conquer", and this is why all over Southern Nigeria,
we have to join forces to end this arrangement.

Ultimately, the battle is between "darkness and light", "good and evil".

The enemies within want to keep (the majority of Africans) in perpetual darkness, they will appeal to "tribal sentiments", "religious sentiments"
to skuttle any sign of the development of a " broad (multi faith and multi tribal)consensus across S. Nigeria in order to get the UN involved so
they can sponsor a referendum for separation".

Let the people decide!
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by ekubear1: 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2011
Eh. . .
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by EkoIle1: 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2011
Yoruba folks and leaders are not sleeping, Odua Nation is alive and well. It's no secrete that the blueprint and constitution for Odua Nation drafted by Awolowo with updates is on the table.

Gani and other legal minds worked on and refined  the judiciary elements of constitution including provisions for state police in Ikene back in 2008. The leaders even agreed to pull resources for the construction of interstate freeway and rail system to link the whole region.

I heard the SS is angling to be included because they are not strong enough in a lot of areas like manpower, economics, public administration, infrastructure and economics, but the Yoruba folks are not interested, they want a clean break.

The S. East is not even part of the equation because they have a strong belief that they'll (The S east) always sell their interest and go with the North no matter what.

Odua Nation is ready, It's just a matter of time.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by jason123: 9:33pm On Feb 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

Yoruba folks and leaders are not sleeping, Odua Nation is alive and well. It's no secrete that the blueprint and constitution for Odua Nation drafted by Awolowo with updates is on the table.

Gani and other legal minds worked on and refined  the judiciary elements of constitution including provisions for state police in Ikene back in 2008. The leaders even agreed to pull resources for the construction of interstate freeway and rail system to link the whole region.

I heard the SS is angling to be included because they are not strong enough in a lot of areas like manpower, economics, public administration, infrastructure and economics, but the Yoruba folks are not interested, they want a clean break.

The S. East is not even part of the equation because they have a strong belief that they'll (The S east) always sell their interest and go with the North no matter what.

Odua Nation is ready, It's just a matter of time.

@ Bolded
I heard about that but must you announce undecided

@ Topic,
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed

Obiagu1:

The Yorubas hold the key to disintegration of Nigeria. I've said it before and will keep saying it.
The moment they make it known they intend to leave with SS and SE already on that track, the North will panick.
The North knows fully well they can't challenge the South in any way. They are not superior in intelligence, number, or resolve.
They used their access to sea and huge number to defeat the East but can't even try when that advantage, sea access (Lagos) and number, is nullified.

So the Yorubas hold the key and are the ones still keeping us all in Nigeria.

That's a lie! No one SE person would ever want to secede with an "Yoruba man"
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by seanet03: 9:44pm On Feb 01, 2011
The fact is we YORUBAS hold the key to unlock this mystery called Nigeria! We are the only Tribe that can Single handedly Break away from this Country without the North nor the East daring to Launch any military attack no matter how they about it. We will soon break away. Just a matter of time.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by aljharem(m): 9:48pm On Feb 01, 2011
seanet03:

The fact is we YORUBAS hold the key to unlock this mystery called Nigeria! We are the only Tribe that can Single handedly Break away from this Country without the North nor the East daring to Launch any military attack no matter how they about it. We will soon break away. Just a matter of time.
o boy you better don't do something that will get you killed undecided
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by Chyz2: 9:48pm On Feb 01, 2011
seanet03:

How so?
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by Obiagu1(m): 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2011
jason123:

That's a lie! No one SE person would ever want to secede with an "Yoruba man"

Sometimes I disregard braggarts and their ilks that's why I did not respond to Eko Ile, I think it's an infantile behaviour.
I'm a very pragmatic and logical man. What I see is what I take and not the fake pictures someone saved in his mind seen by him alone and only meant to deceive himself.

The bolded is not true, at least I'm one already.
The reality on the ground is no matter how you view it, neither SS or SE or SW can secede alone because if war erupts, neither of them can defend themselves because number is still a major factor in wars in Africa because we're not yet sophisticated in weaponry.

If at the end of the day, after the South had their freedom, SS, SW, SE decide to go it alone, it is much more easy to achieve.
So the earlier we realise that it is one South that can secede from Nigeria and not it's constituent regions, the better for us.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by ezeagu(m): 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

AN IMPERATIVE

Here is a story once told to me by an ex-student of FSAS.

Life is lesson. . . . But our stories are the garment covering that makes it vibrantly colorful. You take the stories away and life will be unclothed and uninspiring!

I took time to open this post with this short but true life story because it has relevance and gives spice to the mission I intend. The lesson of this post itself is one that should be very troubling to the soul and spirit of any living mankind. It is the lesson of an unrelenting aggression and crime committed by one set of mankind against another set. It is relevant to the killing of the Igbo people by the Hausas. The Yoruba nation is looking on. We do not speak up except on such infrequent occasion when a child of O’Dua is a victim in the mix-up.

My question to the children of Oduduwa: Will you find comfort in your conscience to stand by and not do anything as the Hausas continue to violate the Igbos? The Hausas were not the only victims of Igbo aggression and disrespect in the 60s coup, we were victims as well, far worse so than the North. If we in the West lived by the sentiments of our memories we should single-handedly and over the years have finished wiping their traces and blood out of our region and land by now, but that’s not a noble way for mankind. In conquest, there is redemption. A magnanimous warrior conquers the spirit of the infidel and crushes his ego but must leave his soul intact so the petals of a new humility can open and blossom.

Indisputably, the Igbo man is loud, flamboyant, self-glorifying and arrogant. He suffers from an inability to correctly assess his own weakness and come out with an effective plan to advance reforms. . . .and so he trudges on in a cycle of self-destruction believing in the volume of his hoot and holler as a effective propaganda against a veteran of stealth and strategy.

We can resign the Igbo man to his own fate but how about the helpless Igbo woman and her child? Politically and militarily, the man continues to prove his incomplete and ineffective understanding of the wisdom of war and hence those in his care are dangerously exposed to the whims and violent emotions of the rival. We must recognize this error in judgment as an involuntary attribute and therefore intervene with a resolve to rescue the Igbo woman and her child; and if doing that results in saving the Igbo man from his path of self-destruction as well, then so be it. . . .but it is a moral imperative that demands our firm stand for what is right and honorable in the eye and laws of mankind.

That in the history of mankind, our default reluctance to stand up and intervene for the security of lives and property- of those who are indebted to us for wrongs and injuries - has too far often stripped us of God’s Holy Spirit when we most needed to soak in it. In that un-divine moment, man falls from grace, life loses value and meaning; the “man” becomes the “beast” and willingly responds to the instincts of his carnivore nature - totally and recklessly disrespecting the sanctity of blood and the holiness of life. Everywhere you look a body is gashed open or burnt while the life still in it or smashed violently with a blunt force that the blood is shocked into trauma and finally succumbs to death.

This is not the order of creation and it is not the order of a noble people. Our history is of noble roots and our generation is faced with the challenge in our backyard and under our nose to correct atrocities against the nobility of creation, we cannot turn away from this.

If we continue to watch the Igbo people repeatedly violated and killed and we do nothing, then the time must come in future when the Yoruba nation will look back, either as a co-habiter in Nigeria or as a separate Sovereign, and we would wish we had saved the Igbo people from the ordeal of these torments.

Let’s start by adding voice to a call for the humane treatment of Igbo people in Northern Nigeria. For the sake of the mother and child, let us act as agents of change for their future. We can do it!

Add your voice to this mission.

First of all, this thread is just an excuse to insult Igbo people and Igbo men in particular, if your people can't keep up with him, it's better you work harder because you will not get paid for envy.

Second of all, did the "Igbo woman or child" call you to come and save them? It's better you leave the "Igbo man" on his path of "self-destruction", because it's obviously working for him and I can't remember any of them asking you to hold their hand. As if Yoruba people aren't being killed.

And oh yes, what a stupid thread.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by EkoIle1: 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2011
Obiagu1:

Sometimes I disregard braggarts and their ilks that's why I did not respond to Eko Ile, I think it's an infantile behaviour.
I'm a very pragmatic and logical man. What I see is what I take and not the fake pictures someone saved in his mind seen by him alone and only meant to deceive himself.

The bolded is not true, at least I'm one already.
The reality on the ground is no matter how you view it, neither SS or SE or SW can secede alone because if war erupts, neither of them can defend themselves because number is still a major factor in wars in Africa because we're not yet sophisticated in weaponry.

If at the end of the day, after the South had their freedom, SS, SW, SE decide to go it alone, it is much more easy to achieve.
So the earlier we realise that it is one South that can secede from Nigeria and not it's constituent regions, the better for us.

I didn't quote you

I didn't attack you or any other poster in this thread.

So why mention my name talk less attacking me?

Why not just make your point like other posters in this thread and quit picking on other people just to support your argument.

And you're talking about infantile behavior?   Look in the mirror and try not to divert this thread and let it degenerate with needless attacks and rubbish.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by aljharem(m): 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

1.) My question to the children of Oduduwa: Will you find comfort in your conscience to stand by and not do anything as the Hausas continue to violate the Igbos?

2.) The Hausas were not the only victims of Igbo aggression and disrespect in the 60s coup, we were victims as well, far worse so than the North. If we in the West lived by the sentiments of our memories we should single-handedly and over the years have finished wiping their traces and blood out of our region and land by now, but that’s not a noble way for mankind. In conquest, there is redemption. A magnanimous warrior conquers the spirit of the infidel and crushes his ego but must leave his soul intact so the petals of a new humility can open and blossom.

3.)Indisputably, the Igbo man is loud, flamboyant, self-glorifying and arrogant. He suffers from an inability to correctly assess his own weakness and come out with an effective plan to advance reforms. . . .and so he trudges on in a cycle of self-destruction believing in the volume of his hoot and holler as a effective propaganda against a veteran of stealth and strategy.

4.)We can resign the Igbo man to his own fate but how about the helpless Igbo woman and her child? Politically and militarily, the man continues to prove his incomplete and ineffective understanding of the wisdom of war and hence those in his care are dangerously exposed to the whims and violent emotions of the rival. We must recognize this error in judgment as an involuntary attribute and therefore intervene with a resolve to rescue the Igbo woman and her child; and if doing that results in saving the Igbo man from his path of self-destruction as well, then so be it. . . .but it is a moral imperative that demands our firm stand for what is right and honorable in the eye and laws of mankind.

5.)If we continue to watch the Igbo people repeatedly violated and killed and we do nothing, then the time must come in future when the Yoruba nation will look back, either as a co-habiter in Nigeria or as a separate Sovereign, and we would wish we had saved the Igbo people from the ordeal of these torments.

6.)Let’s start by adding voice to a call for the humane treatment of Igbo people in Northern Nigeria. For the sake of the mother and child, let us act as agents of change for their future. We can do it!

@ 1

which hausas are voilating igbos, do they not have succsivly business in kaduna and kano without anybody touching them

also do you know that we northerners are at the disadvange aby allowing the igbos to trade and depriving our fellow northern brothers

@ 2

thrash,.,. pure thrash undecided cry cry cry cry cry cry

@ 3

correct, as you can see on nairaland undecided but they are getting better hopefully undecided i mean Jahman (igbo on NL) was shouting on how he got a 1st class and his yoruba friend got a 2.1 but this yoruba friend,.,. calling the company ethnocentric because they employed a yoruba man before him

@ 4

that is one of the most stu.pid statement i have ever seen on nairaland,.,.,.,. is it not the same women and children (willy willy) that is happy that northerner and beroms are dying,.,.,.,

is it not the so called women(parents) that are telling there children how evil and dirty yorubas are,.,.lol,.,. i dey laff oh

moreover if they want yorubas to love them, they have to love yorubas back,.,.love is reciprocal here

you can not say igbos own lagos and expect an average yoruba man or woman to love and respect igbos,.,. immpossible

you can not insult A GREAT LEADER LIKE AWOLOWO calling him a devil and comparing him to hitler and expect to be loved or respected in yorubas eyes,., fact

in yorubaland, AFTER GOD HIMSELF, the next is oduadua, then oromiyan, then AWOLOWO fact!!!

@ 5

that's a lie,.,.,yorubas must and must ,.,. i repeat must contiune to look at igbos as they see themselves

was it not the so called ZIK of africa that told us northerners not to secede instead he betrayed his co-southern brother (awolowo) to be imprisoned,.,., i dey laff

was it not the god of igbo land OJUKWU who si still respected today that left igbos to die while he ran away with million of brafra pounds,.,.,. i dey laffoooo cry cry cry

@ 6

if you do not contiune, what are you going to do

please just stop been silly,., ok angry
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by aljharem(m): 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2011
ezeagu:

First of all, this thread is just an excuse to insult Igbo people and Igbo men in particular, if your people can't keep up with him, it's better you work harder because you will not get paid for envy.

Second of all, did the "Igbo woman or child" call you to come and save them? It's better you leave the "Igbo man" on his path of "self-destruction", because it's obviously working for him and I can't remember any of them asking you to hold their hand. As if Yoruba people aren't being killed.

And oh yes, what a silly thread.

gbammm

thank you

@op

if you a yoruba man, then you are one of the daft.est one of them ,.,, i tell you

you no even smart at allll undecided

did any igbo man call for your help,.,, mumu

but

if you are igbo

then sorry,.,. ok!!!! Allah help us all in nigeria angry
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by aljharem(m): 10:16pm On Feb 01, 2011
this thread is an insult to ibo s angry angry
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by seanet03: 10:18pm On Feb 01, 2011
@chz, We have to be sincere with ourselves, the North is being fooled into believing that it has the numerical advantage militarily over the south. It is a known fact that YORUBAS have the highest rate of literacy and industrialization in the country. We also dont venture what will lead to defeat. If we decide to secede, i have three countries that will support us instantly, and moreover we only need to block the Norths access to sea for just 6 months before the are worn out. Ever heard of the support we always have from Brazil.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by Obiagu1(m): 10:21pm On Feb 01, 2011
ezeagu:

And oh yes, what a silly thread.

I saw all those. Nevertheless, when you see a poor man bragging that he's richer than you, what do you do? Just laugh it off.

If this thread could galvanize the Yorubas into working towards secession and become more proactive, fine. That's all that matters, afterall, over a 100 Yorubas were killed in Jos whereas the number of Igbos killed was around 60. So who is fighting for someone elses survival? That's why I said when you see a poor man bragging about his riches, just laugh it off.

This case concerns every southerner and we should work as a unit.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by Obiagu1(m): 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2011
seanet03:

@chz, We have to be sincere with ourselves, the North is being fooled into believing that it has the numerical advantage militarily over the south. It is a known fact that YORUBAS have the highest rate of literacy and industrialization in the country. We also dont venture what will lead to defeat. If we decide to secede, i have three countries that will support us instantly, and moreover we only need to block the Norths access to sea for just 6 months before the are worn out. Ever heard of the support we always have from Brazil.

And what happens if the Easterners give the Northerners full access to the sea as well and join forces with them contributing forces equal to or greater than the number the SW could ever contribute, afterall SS/SE are more?

Reason my friend!
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by EkoIle1: 10:33pm On Feb 01, 2011

My question to the children of Oduduwa: Will you find comfort in your conscience to stand by and not do anything as the Hausas continue to violate the Igbos?

This has nothing to do with Yoruba people. You rip what sow and every action is equipped with sets of reaction.

From day one, the iboman not only betrayed the Yorubaman and set Nigeria on a dangerous path, they believed and trusted the Hausa man and regardless of what the Hausa man did and still doing to the iboman, they still prefer  the Hausa man.

All the ibo leaders are hustling for positions to kiss the Hausa man's a/s/s.  Soludo is running behind Atiku, Ojukwu who sacrificed his people to fight the Hausa man because of what the Hausa man did to his people just asked his people to fall behind an Hausa man/IBB.

Obviously, the ibo man is in Love with the Hausa man, they are joined at the hip and there's just nothing the Yoruba man can do to change the sad equation.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by seanet03: 10:36pm On Feb 01, 2011
@obiagui, if the East try to support the NORTH against the West, then expect the Total Decimation of The Eastern Region, west is the most difficult region to engage in any fight. Did you know why the first and third republic collapse like a pack of cards? You dare not support the north to its annihilation.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by ezeagu(m): 10:38pm On Feb 01, 2011
seanet03:

First of all don't even mention Brazil, because, yes it does have a large population that claim Yoruba ancestry or embrace Yoruba culture, but if that were the measure, then Brazil would have to support Portugal, Italy, Japan, Spain, Angola, Congo and even the DRC in everything they do. Brazil has Africans, but their not in control unfortunately.

Again, I didn't know this fact that Yoruba people have the highest literacy rate and are the most industrialised, if this is fact then you will provide me with sources.

And the final part, I hope you're not talking about the Benin Republic when you claim countries that will support the Yoruba in war. In fact, what are these countries? Ivory Coast, Tanzania, Haiti and even France to a certain extent supported Biafra, and still, look how that turned out.

seanet03:

@obiagui, if the East try to support the NORTH against the West, then expect the Total Decimation of The Eastern Region, west is the most difficult region to engage in any fight. Did you know why the first and third republic collapse like a pack of cards? You dare not support the north to its annihilation.

No offence, but you couldn't annihilate people fighting you on your own land (for decades), but you'll some how find an army to decimate a people who faced actual world powers for two years? I'll like to see the outcome.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by aljharem(m): 10:40pm On Feb 01, 2011
seanet03:

bros you are very dumb,.,.,.,.,.,. i tell ya undecided
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by aljharem(m): 10:41pm On Feb 01, 2011
ezeagu:

First of all don't even mention Brazil, because, yes it does have a large population that claim Yoruba ancestry or embrace Yoruba culture, but if that was the measure, then Brazil would have to support Portugal, Italy, Japan, Spain, Angola, Congo and even the DRC in everything they do. Brazil has Africans, but their not in control unfortunately.

Again, I didn't know this fact that Yoruba people have the highest literacy rate and are the most industrialised, if this is fact then you will provide me with sources.

And the final part I hop you're not talking about the Benin Republic when you claim countries that will support the Yoruba in war. In fact, what are these countries? Ivory Coast, Tanzania, Haiti and even France to a certain extent supported Biafra, and still, look how that turned out.

No offence, but you couldn't annihilate people fighting you on your own land (for decades), but you'll some how find an army to decimate a people who faced actual world powers for two years? I'll like to see the outcome.

thank you
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by EzeUche2(m): 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2011
seanet03:

If the North and East invade the west, how will the Western region be decimated? The theatre of war would be in the West, so how would the Yorubas attack the Eastern Region, when they are being pressed by both sides?

Your statements does not even make any sense.

Frankly, if the Yoruba leave this union, the Igbo wont stop them. The same cannot be said about the Hausa.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by Onlytruth(m): 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2011
Posted by: Eko Ile

This has nothing to do with Yoruba people. You rip what sow and every action is equipped with sets of reaction.

From day one, the iboman not only betrayed the Yorubaman and set Nigeria on a dangerous path, they believed and trusted the Hausa man and regardless of what the Hausa man did and still doing to the iboman, they still prefer the Hausa man.

All the ibo leaders are hustling for positions to kiss the Hausa man's a/s/s. Soludo is running behind Atiku, Ojukwu who sacrificed his people to fight the Hausa man because of what the Hausa man did to his people just asked his people to fall behind an Hausa man/IBB.

Obviously, the ibo man is in Love with the Hausa man, they are joined at the hip and there's just nothing the Yoruba man can do to change the sad equation.

So what is "Pastor" Bakare doing licking Buhari's a/s/s? undecided
And he is a so called pastor! shocked shocked He couldn't resist his people's tradition of worshiping aboki. shocked

Re/tarded hypocrite undecided
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by ezeagu(m): 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2011
EzeUche_:

Frankly, if the Yoruba leave this union, the Igbo wont stop them. The same cannot be said about the Hausa.

Can you blame some people if they are trying to feel important? The real cash cows of Nigeria are the ones people die to stay under the same nationality with. Clearly some places won't be missed as much as the rest.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by ShangoThor(m): 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2011
[size=28pt]Alj harem again. People wake up. You're being played.[/size]

Alj harem has one agenda, which is to act like the devil (rub our egos the wrong way), to setup confrontational situations
so everybody starts arguing. He has to destroy any sign of an alliance being built amongst Southerners, read his postings.

This is what the British did initially, "divide and rule" or "divide and conquer", when they left, The Northerners stepped in.
They understand how it works.

Northerners are scared. If you had just a desert or arid terrain, wouldn't you be scared.

Southerners have more power than they understand, nobody has to be poor or hungry. Its time to use our brains, damnnnn!

You can lead a horse to a stream but you can't force it to drink! Wake TF up!
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by aljharem(m): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2011
ShangoThor:

[size=28pt]Alj harem again. People wake up. You're being played.[/size]

Alj harem has one agenda, which is to act like the devil (rub our egos the wrong way), to setup confrontational situations
so everybody starts arguing. He has to destroy any sign of an alliance being built amongst Southerners, read his postings.

This is what the British did initially, "divide and rule" or "divide and conquer", when they left, The Northerners stepped in.
They understand how it works.

Northerners are scared. If you had just a desert or arid terrain, wouldn't you be scared.

Southerners have more power than they understand, nobody has to be poor or hungry. Its time to use our brains, damnnnn!

You can lead a horse to a stream but you can't force it to drink! Wake TF up!
[size=28pt]ShangoThor again. People wake up. You are been played here angry[/size]

can you tell me if anything i said was false or wrong undecided
alj harem:

@ 1

which hausas are voilating igbos, do they not have succsivly business in kaduna and kano without anybody touching them

also do you know that we northerners are at the disadvange aby allowing the igbos to trade and depriving our fellow northern brothers

@ 2

thrash,.,. pure thrash undecided cry cry cry cry cry cry

@ 3

correct, as you can see on nairaland undecided but they are getting better hopefully undecided i mean Jahman (igbo on NL) was shouting on how he got a 1st class and his yoruba friend got a 2.1 but this yoruba friend,.,. calling the company ethnocentric because they employed a yoruba man before him

@ 4

that is one of the most stu.pid statement i have ever seen on nairaland,.,.,.,. is it not the same women and children (willy willy) that is happy that northerner and beroms are dying,.,.,.,

is it not the so called women(parents) that are telling there children how evil and dirty yorubas are,.,.lol,.,. i dey laff oh

moreover if they want yorubas to love them, they have to love yorubas back,.,.love is reciprocal here

you can not say igbos own lagos and expect an average yoruba man or woman to love and respect igbos,.,. immpossible

you can not insult A GREAT LEADER LIKE AWOLOWO calling him a devil and comparing him to hitler and expect to be loved or respected in yorubas eyes,., fact

in yorubaland, AFTER GOD HIMSELF, the next is oduadua, then oromiyan, then AWOLOWO fact!!!

@ 5

that's a lie,.,.,yorubas must and must ,.,. i repeat must contiune to look at igbos as they see themselves

was it not the so called ZIK of africa that told us northerners not to secede instead he betrayed his co-southern brother (awolowo) to be imprisoned,.,., i dey laff

was it not the god of igbo land OJUKWU who si still respected today that left igbos to die while he ran away with million of brafra pounds,.,.,. i dey laffoooo cry cry cry

@ 6

if you do not contiune, what are you going to do

please just stop been silly,., ok angry

please tell me
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by seanet03: 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2011
@alhajrem, Back to sender. @ezeuche, its like you were still in your fathers scrotum when the civil war was going on, did you recalled that the biafras troops were actually having the upper hand in the early stages of the war, they invaded the mid western region and headed for Lagos but it was AWOLOWO who stepped in with the Miracle idea that Wore the Hell out of the easterners. Was the North not pressing from two sides when biafra invaded the mid western region, ever heard of the word "OLEKU IJA ORE" as for the literacy level, please kindly do a research on the total number of students in schools in both the western and eastern region and you will know the reason why no YORUBA state was listed among the "EDUCATIONALLY LESS DEVELOPED STATES IN NIGERIA, AND I WHICH YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS A EASTERN STATE THERE"as for industrialization, the whole industries in the eastern and northern region is not up to what is obtained at the Ikeja industrial estate. And mind you we are the controller of the Best Barrack in Nigeria. We have the largest iron ore deposits in Nigeria and with the Oshogbo Steel Rolling Mills, weapons for the total Annihilation of the invaders will not be hard to get. Dont forget also that OGUN state has more Higher institutions than the Whole eastern region put together when you are measuring your level of literacy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria / Former Minister, Labaran Maku Get Caught In A Web Of N37 Billion Hidden In Farm / Worst States To Live In Nigeria, In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.