Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

To Blacklist a Stolen GSM Phone's SIM and Retain my Number - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / To Blacklist a Stolen GSM Phone's SIM and Retain my Number (5980 Views)

Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 / Strive Masiyiwa: Made The First GSM Phone Call In Nigeria / How To Blacklist A Phone Number On Techno N7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Blacklist a Stolen GSM Phone's SIM and Retain my Number by derock: 1:52pm On Jun 25, 2005
Someone help! My phone was stolen by my employee. How can I retrieve my SIM and possibly block the phone? I have the IMEI number.
Re: To Blacklist a Stolen GSM Phone's SIM and Retain my Number by Seun(m): 9:01pm On Jun 25, 2005
ON THE MTN NIGERIA NETWORK:
Go to the friendship center with the necessary documents. I.e., the SIM pack, a police report, a court affidavit and the sum of 980 naira for a welcome back pack.

From www.mtnonline.com/support/topfaqs.asp#15

ON THE VMOBILE NIGERIA NETWORK
[list][li]Call Customer Care immediately at 111 to report the line stolen so as to get the line blocked. You may also visit any of our Vstores or Vshops to report the line stolen.[/li]

[li]To retrieve the line (SIM swap), you must visit one of our Vstores or Vshops. Come along with your SIM Certificate, a form of identification (Passport, Driver’s License, etc) and 1,500 naira.[/li]

[li]In the event that you are unable to find your SIM Certificate, you will need to produce a Police Report, a sworn affidavit, a form of identification along with a 1,500 naira swap fee.[/li][/list]

From www.vmobile-nigeria.com/stolen-phone.htm

See the news article, 'Time to Fight Cell Phone Theft', by Shina Badiru, for more information.
Re: To Blacklist a Stolen GSM Phone's SIM and Retain my Number by buddy(m): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2005
hi,
blocking your phone with the IMEI number wont work, the best that will happen is that you will get your sim back and retain your number, sorry chum!
Re: To Blacklist a Stolen GSM Phone's SIM and Retain my Number by Pinky(f): 1:01am On Jun 28, 2005
pele it happened to me once.. anyway u can get your sim back. service providers don't block phones even with your IMEI. u have to contact your phone company, they will be the one to tell the providers to block the fone,, but if u know this is Nigeria,,, getting your phone company to do what u want mite turn into hell. so get your line back & get a new phone
Re: To Blacklist a Stolen GSM Phone's SIM and Retain my Number by oluwizard(m): 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2005
Just forget about the phone, because even in nigeria now there is some gsm phone unlocking software thet can rebuild and rewrite imei of some phones. Mean's that the imei we not be the same to the factory own again EVEN if to reset the phone to factory setting is no longer a problem again so forget about the phone. SORRY
Re: To Blacklist a Stolen GSM Phone's SIM and Retain my Number by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 20, 2008

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean When A Phone Has 'tv Out' / How To Extract Text From A Picture Using OCR In Google Drive In Android / Get More Dan 1.6gb Free Data On Ur Glo Sim Using Dis Codes With Just #200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.