Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Poem Called My Promise - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poem Called My Promise (1487 Views)

The Promise and other short stories. / The Promise Keeper / Promise Me Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poem Called My Promise by fashanu99: 11:24am On Feb 02, 2011
May your days be merry and cheer.
No worry or fear.

May smile shine forever, with barely a care.

If you see anything scary I'm there.

Through various scares.

To bring you home safe with barely a smear.
Re: Poem Called My Promise by ajadrage: 7:11pm On Feb 02, 2011
fashanu_99:

1a. May your days be merry and cheer.
1b. No worry or fear.

2. May smile shine forever, without (with) barely a care.

3. If you see anything scary I'm there.

4. Through various scares.

5. To bring you home safe without (with) barely a smear.

I like your lines, it has rhythm and rhyme, but if you would care to observe the following, I believe it will become a better work. Your lines 2 and 5 have the word "without", I am sure it makes better read if it were "with". I am sure what you intend to pass across is that there is a lack of care in your line 2, using the word "without" to qualify "barely a care" contradicts your point of smiles shining for ever irrespective of anything and everything. The same principle apply to your line 5 too.

I am not an expert sha, so you can choose to disregard. . .   grin
Re: Poem Called My Promise by fashanu99: 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2011
make sense my friend thanks
ill fix it

(1) (Reply)

Fake Prophet, Madam Boy’s Quarters, Iyobosa And Other Nigerians / How I Became My Father’s Concubine (episode 13) / Novelist/writers Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.