Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) (4260 Views)

Igbo vs Northern army generals: How They Met, Married And Coped With Biafra War / Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander / HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Mobinga: 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2011
grin
Ndiigbo where are you lazy twats. grin

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5671736-146/army_establishes_new_brigade_in_the.csp

[b]Army establishes new brigade in the east

Jude Atupulazi

February 2, 2011 02:27AM
Print print Email email Share Share

A new brigade of the Nigerian Army has been established in south east Nigeria, general officer commanding the 82nd Division of the Nigerian Army, Enugu, Sarkin Yaki Bello has said.

Mr Bello said this when he paid a courtesy call on the Anambra State governor in government house Awka. He said the establishment of the new Brigade, known as 14 Brigade, by the Nigeria Army in the East with headquarters at Ohafia, Abia State, was in line with the vision of the Chief of Army Staff towards the transformation of the Army to meet contemporary challenges, including kidnapping and bombing.

The commander who said he was also in Anambra State to formally introduce himself to the governor, Peter Obi, said he has heard a lot about the governor's great concern for security and thanked him for all the assistance he has been offering his men, appealing to him not to relent.

Speaking further, the commander declared that the operation to rid Aba of criminals recorded 95% success and assured that the Army will not rest until 100% success was achieved.

He said their eyes are equally on Anambra which he said is within the operational jurisdiction of his division. "I will be attending the state's security meetings now and then for routine advice on security matters, especially from the experience I have garnered as the commander of Joint forces in many troubled areas," Mr Bello said.

Responding, the governor thanked the Army commander for the visit and assured that he is free to call at any time. Mr Obi also commended him for restoring security to Abia State.
Back [/b]
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Mobinga: 12:39pm On Feb 02, 2011
shocked shocked My 5000th post cool
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2011
This is a welcome development. grin
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 02, 2011
It good so that Biafrans can easly go and rent gun if casala burst. Bokoharam have been doing that.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by seanet03: 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ibo land going into second slavery.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by saintneo(m): 1:34pm On Feb 02, 2011
more brigades are needed in Bayelsa, Jos, Bauchi and Maiduguri
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Mobinga: 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2011
lol. Where is ezeuche aka kalu akanu , ezeagu, gogo.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by EzeUche2(m): 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2011
This is not welcomed news in the sense that I do not trust Northern soldiers on Igbo soil. This might be fine in other regions such as the Middle Belt, North and South-West, but this is not welcomed in the South-East.

Maybe the military has been hearing all this Biafra talk and they got worried.

However, this might be a blessing in disguise, in which if there is a conflict, we can take their weapons. I doubt this brigade can overwhelm the Igbo in our heartland.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by seanet03: 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2011
The northern annexing of ibo land. Mu he he
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by kettykin: 5:25pm On Feb 02, 2011
Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by an ibo army boss COAS

it could be IBO Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu)
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Afam4eva(m): 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2011
I pity southern Nigeria when kasala burst.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 02, 2011
Why are all the posters sounding so confident that Nigeria will break up shocked shocked shocked

Abi u na hear something wey we nva hear?
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Chyz2: 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2011
It has always beenin the East they just moved location.This is a welcome development especially since the reform in the military. cool
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Cyborg2011: 8:11pm On Feb 02, 2011
greateros:

Why are all the posters sounding so confident that Nigeria will break up shocked shocked shocked

Abi u na hear something wey we nva hear?

Leave dem jo, nothing will happen in naija as long as there is "secred" or top behind closed doors chatting, meeting between some mafias from North, South and East of the country.

They love to maintain their "Nigerian interest" in their investments every where, except if someone got boring or somehow one wants to hijack or maneuver someone's interest, then they will buy people to kill themselves, its business of the day, they nothing but cults, gays and juju worshippers, (its secret lipsrsealed dont tell anyone).

Joooooookinggggg ?? grin grin grin grin grin, no am serious !!!!! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Mobinga: 10:08pm On Feb 02, 2011
;d
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Dede1(m): 10:41pm On Feb 02, 2011
Mobinga:

grin
Ndiigbo where are you lazy twats. grin

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5671736-146/army_establishes_new_brigade_in_the.csp

[b]Army establishes new brigade in the east

Jude Atupulazi

February 2, 2011 02:27AM
Print print Email email Share Share

A new brigade of the Nigerian Army has been established in south east Nigeria, general officer commanding the 82nd Division of the Nigerian Army, Enugu, Sarkin Yaki Bello has said.

Mr Bello said this when he paid a courtesy call on the Anambra State governor in government house Awka. He said the establishment of the new Brigade, known as 14 Brigade, by the Nigeria Army in the East with headquarters at Ohafia, Abia State, was in line with the vision of the Chief of Army Staff towards the transformation of the Army to meet contemporary challenges, including kidnapping and bombing.

The commander who said he was also in Anambra State to formally introduce himself to the governor, Peter Obi, said he has heard a lot about the governor's great concern for security and thanked him for all the assistance he has been offering his men, appealing to him not to relent.

Speaking further, the commander declared that the operation to rid Aba of criminals recorded 95% success and assured that the Army will not rest until 100% success was achieved.

He said their eyes are equally on Anambra which he said is within the operational jurisdiction of his division. "I will be attending the state's security meetings now and then for routine advice on security matters, especially from the experience I have garnered as the commander of Joint forces in many troubled areas," Mr Bello said.

Responding, the governor thanked the Army commander for the visit and assured that he is free to call at any time. Mr Obi also commended him for restoring security to Abia State.
Back [/b]

There are morons, inherent imbeciles and irredeemable jackasses. I bet the original poster of this thread qualified for all the three categories. The last time I check though, 82nd (airborne and amphibious) division has been home to Aligbo via Enugu since 1975. In addition, the regiments and battalions that are composite of this division were camped across all the states of the defunct eastern region of Nigeria as well as Benue and Taraba. For example, the 34th artillery brigade has been camped in Owerri since the end of civil war, 2nd Brigade in Igwe Ocha and 212 artilary battalion in Elele.   

Why should a fool at forty always have the knack to display inherent stupidity?
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by ekubear1: 10:47pm On Feb 02, 2011
Another step making it harder to break apart the country sad
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by udezue(m): 11:02pm On Feb 02, 2011
Do you know the ethnic composition of the soldiers?

I welcome it sef. I hope they also establish airforce sef. More Naval base, more airforce,.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Mobinga: 2:23am On Feb 03, 2011
Dede1:

There are morons, inherent imbeciles and irredeemable jackasses. I bet the original poster of this thread qualified for all the three categories. The last time I check though, 82nd (airborne and amphibious) division has been home to Aligbo via Enugu since 1975. In addition, the regiments and battalions that are composite of this division were camped across all the states of the defunct eastern region of Nigeria as well as Benue and Taraba. For example, the 34th artillery brigade has been camped in Owerri since the end of civil war, 2nd Brigade in Igwe Ocha and 212 artilary battalion in Elele.   

Why should a fool at forty always have the knack to display inherent stupidity?

lol. I thought I murdered you on the other thread?

By the way NO BATTALION was CAMPED IN ELELE!! angry
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Onlytruth(m): 2:54am On Feb 03, 2011
lol, this poster's idiocy know no bounds.  sad

Since when did Nigerian army become Northern army?
Or is it "Northern army" only when stationed in Igboland?
What about the 2 mechanized division in Ibadan? Is that a Yoruba army? lmao.

I would boldly speculate that since the current head of state and the COAS are both easterners, they are probably trying to de-marginalize the east in terms of military locations.
I would even speculate that they may site more of such in the coming years (all things being equal).

There is a need for sectional balance of instruments of terror (military facilities) in Nigeria.
If such balance exists, no section would think itself God.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by EzeUche2(m): 3:05am On Feb 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

I would boldly speculate that since the current head of state and the COAS are both easterners, they are probably trying to de-marginalize the east in terms of military locations.
I would even speculate that they may site more of such in the coming years (all things being equal).

There is a need for sectional balance of instruments of terror (military facilities) in Nigeria.

Your words ring true. Having more military infrastructure in the East maybe a blessing in disguise. The more weapons, the merrier. COAS needs to recruit heavily from the East. It is time for us to replenish our numbers in the military like they were in the 60s.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by ekubear1: 3:14am On Feb 03, 2011
Err, if the soldiers there are drawn from the same group they are usually drawn from, I don't see how this can be viewed as a good thing.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Onlytruth(m): 3:14am On Feb 03, 2011
Posted by: EzeUche_

Your words ring true. Having more military infrastructure in the East maybe a blessing in disguise. The more weapons, the merrier. COAS needs to recruit heavily from the East. It is time for us to replenish our numbers in the military like they were in the 60s.

If anybody wants to balance military locations, how else would they accomplish it if not this way? 
It is common knowledge that the north hosts more military locations, which is why it sees itself as the lord of Nigeria.

[size=14pt]In my book, military locations = real power.[/size]

If you want to increase eastern soldiers in the army, why recruit them and then ship them to northern region where they are sat upon by northerners, or even schemed out of the army like Danbazzau was doing?

If the base is there, it would be easy to equip it if kasala burst. If it is not there, you have no real power.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Nobody: 3:28am On Feb 03, 2011
Northern army brigade in Enugu? Northerners and their power grin

A welcome development. The kidnappers in that region are worst than the boko hjarams up North. Jonathan def knows his priority with this one.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by EzeUche2(m): 3:28am On Feb 03, 2011
eku_bear:

Err, if the soldiers there are drawn from the same group they are usually drawn from, I don't see how this can be viewed as a good thing.

Remember who is in charge of the military. I am sure the Igbo man knows what he is doing. All he has to do is look at the mistakes done by Ironsi. Behind every Igbo man's mind, we know what Northerners are capable of.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Mobinga: 3:29am On Feb 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

Silly boy.
You can't distinguish y from z. Clown.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Onlytruth(m): 3:35am On Feb 03, 2011
Poster 's a goat.

He cannot see the benefit of having a military installation in his own backyard. undecided
Why didn't Obasanjo or Yar adua site this new military facility inspite of all the MEND and MASSOB troubles in their times?
Why is it two easterners now doing it? I can't lend you a brain.

If Biafra had equal military locations then, do you think we would have lost that easily?
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by ekubear1: 3:51am On Feb 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

Remember who is in charge of the military. I am sure the Igbo man knows what he is doing. All he has to do is look at the mistakes done by Ironsi. Behind every Igbo man's mind, we know what Northerners are capable of.

Personally, I don't mind having military bases in my land. . . assuming the rank-and-file is from the same ethnic group.

Otherwise seems like a liability.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by GAR3TH(m): 3:53am On Feb 03, 2011
can the thread title be changed. . .The OP is misleading information.
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Chyz2: 3:55am On Feb 03, 2011
I guess everyone has forgotten about the changes that GJ made to the military which will allow more southerners to be recruited.I guess I'm going to have to go and do some digging.BRB cool
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by Chyz2: 3:56am On Feb 03, 2011
GAR3TH:

can the thread title be changed. . .The OP is misleading information.

Voice your complaint here
:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-490918.896.html
Re: Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) by asha80(m): 3:58am On Feb 03, 2011
people and sensationalism.the poster must be high on gutter fumes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

D Truth Behind Dangote’s Wealth, D Cabal,tokunbo Ban And Impoverishing Nigerians / Russia Gives Condition For Military Aid To Nigeria. / SUPPORT Gen Buhari"s Presidential Aspiration Come 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.