Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

South Sudan Becomes 54th African State - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Sudan Becomes 54th African State (10714 Views)

Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order / Sudan Captures Vulture With Israeli Spying Device / Chad President Pays $26 Million Dowry Sudan Chick (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by zeeko: 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2011
Read Story: http://forumcitizens.com/showthread.php?tid=231&pid=842#pid842

Wish Nigeria cud split to form 55th, 56th n 57th.
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2011
we are on course,dont worry just pray hard,GEJ IS NIGERIAS LAST PRESIDENT
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by ShangoThor(m): 2:23pm On Feb 02, 2011
[size=28pt]Go on South Sudan, GO!.[/size]

Ending years of Islamic oppression, tyranny and subjugation.

What a Paradox, Nigeria is meant to be a democratic polity, but her peoples are refused the same privilege of voting by a small,
minority amount of the Bourgeois.

Whilst we delay the inevitable, certain people are busy looting the coffers of the State. What a massive scam!

[size=14pt]The Northern States that adopted Sharia would be better served to combine forces and form a new Nation State,"you can't have your cake and eat it too".[/size]

As I keep on saying, I know this might confine you to the desert and arid areas, but if you develop any
financial hardship because of it , you can apply to the Southern Region for "Financial Aid" and because you are good African muslims, the application will be granted
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by 21052011: 2:31pm On Feb 02, 2011
I am happy for them
now Nigeria should be next to break up so we have a 55th state in Africa
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by EzeUche2(m): 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2011
I am so very proud for the people of South Sudan. They definitely deserve a nation of their own. After so many lives were lost in those two costly civil wars, one can say that God has finally blessed them with a nation of their own. The whole world will be watching Southern Sudan as they take this giant leap forward.

And I also hope that Northern Sudan also prospers. Maybe now that they do not have to worry about their neighbors to South anymore, they can focus on growing their economy and have a government that is accountable to the people.
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by monkeyleg: 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2011
This is good new. I wish the people of Souther Sudan well
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by Nsiman(m): 3:20pm On Feb 02, 2011
Will we splash bloods like the two former sudan b4 we split? If the the north refuses to go the south can divorce the north

1 Like

Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by Nsiman(m): 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2011
Will we splash bloods like the two former sudan b4 we split? If the the north refuses to go the south can divorce the north
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by 21052011: 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2011
I hope and pray Nigeria will never turn out like former SUDAN
that is why looking around and noting that we are in the infancy of the bloodshed that happened in Sudan
we have to break up
we should learn to draw from other peoples experiences
Naija simply isnt working!
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by tpia5: 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^and so what's going to happen on may 21 2011?

a killing spree?
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by Nsiman(m): 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2011
As a matter of fact once a new govt comes on board from may 29, a sovereign national conference shld be call and a matter like this put up as a major agendum to avert what the former sudan passed thru in our land
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by 21052011: 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2011
@ tpia
no killing spree for us
if you believe in God now is the time to get right with him
it can happen anytime
even before may 21st
peace out
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by ShangoThor(m): 3:42pm On Feb 02, 2011
21-05-2011:

that is why looking around and noting that we are in the infancy of the bloodshed that happened in Sudan
we have to break up

@ bold [size=28pt]Bingo! ![/size]
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by ezeagu(m): 4:25pm On Feb 02, 2011
21-05-2011:

we have to break up

Who will be wiping whose villages out in Nigeria?
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Feb 02, 2011
Now the long wait begins! lipsrsealed
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by T9ksy(m): 4:40pm On Feb 02, 2011
Nigerria wasn't conceived and implemented (by the brits) to thrive.
It hasn't worked right from its inception.
it ain't working now.
So, wtf are we waiting for?

21-05-2011:

we have to break up
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by Afam4eva(m): 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2011
The only way Nigeria will split is if the Northerners deem it fit. Then the rest of the nation will follow suit. The only thing that can make this happen is if the north is locked out of the corridors of power like the Igbos. Then we can talk of a southern Nigerian federation, Biafra, Oodua republic or whatever.
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by 21052011: 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^^ those ignorant arewa people know they have too much to lose if they break away from nigeria
theyve got nothing working for them
thats why they are so scared that they constantly have to hold on to power like its their birthright
i agree with you as long as power is still with them they wont agree to a break up
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by tpiah2: 4:56pm On Feb 02, 2011
@ topic

the north african revolution is kind of putting a damper on the south sudan news?

meaning there are other things to worry about.
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by ShangoThor(m): 5:11pm On Feb 02, 2011
The spirit of Nigerian Citizenship is a falsehood. Citizens have lost confidence in the system and there is nothing that
can be done about it. No amount of coercion, or propaganda can force the people to stick together, in something that is
deemed as not working.

If members of a Football Team, get on the pitch for a match, but when the ref blows the whistle and the players refuse to
play their assigned roles, then the game is over by forfeit and the ref can't force them to play and neither can the coach.

If a train is about to crash, the people on the train also desrve to be able to jump off it before it crashes!

[size=14pt]The Northern States that adopted Sharia would be better served to combine forces and form a new Nation State,"you can't have your cake and eat it too".[/size]

As I keep on saying, I know this might confine you to the desert and arid areas, but if you develop any
financial hardship because of it , you can apply to the Southern Region for "Financial Aid" and because you are good African muslims, the application will be granted
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by 21052011: 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^^ lol
nice one
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by mygee33(m): 5:24pm On Feb 02, 2011
Good for them
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 02, 2011
Nsiman:

wake up boy,no nation has splited without shedding blood. correct me if am wrong but pls do so with proofs
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by Afam4eva(m): 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2011
aguiyi:

wake up boy,no nation has splited without shedding blood. correct me if am wrong but pls do so with proofs

I'm still thinking,
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by ShangoThor(m): 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2011
aguiyi:

Blood has already been and is currently being spilled, Civil War; Jos and butchered babies and women; SS and oil struggle;
Boko Haram and Northern terrorists; spate of bombings that will not end and the list goes on.

That is why we have to directly lobby the UN for them to sponsor a Referendum. All we need is one country to sponsor our
cause at the UN, that is the process and why it would be a lot easier to succeed if a united front is presented across
the whole of Southern Nigeria.
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by EzeUche2(m): 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2011
aguiyi:

You are wrong.

The former state known as Czechoslovakia split without bloodshed. Now the Czech Republic and Slovakia are thriving.
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by aljharem(m): 7:03pm On Feb 02, 2011
@ topic
[size=28pt]bull.shit angry angry angry angry angry angry angry[/size]

tell me why nigeria should spit angry angry
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by zeeko: 7:57pm On Feb 02, 2011
Give me reasons why we SHOULDN'T split. Mr Al.jaram Boko haRam!
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by aljharem(m): 8:05pm On Feb 02, 2011
zeeko:

Give me reasons why we SHOULDN'T split. Mr Al.jaram Boko haRam!
grin grin grin you make me laugh grin

Mr Zeeko, the reason is that the so called utopia (southern Nigeria) will be another Nigeria brother smiley . Think of it this way, Yorubas and Igbos will keep fighting against each other; ijaw vs itsekiri, ogoni vs urhobo, efik vs ibibio.

Now northern Nigeria too; kanuri vs Fulani , Hausa vs Fulani,.,. etc

why go through the seccession war when we will figth again in the new republic undecided
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by zeeko: 8:20pm On Feb 02, 2011
@Al.jarem: That is no reason why we shouldn't split. If i were given an axe, i wud not think twice.

Mind u, read my initial post, I didn't say into Northern and Southern Nigeria. I am very much in support of 3 or more splits, We are just BIG for NOTHING and nothing is not working!
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by Nsiman(m): 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2011
@ alj harem, why do u think we shldn't split?
Re: South Sudan Becomes 54th African State by ShangoThor(m): 10:45pm On Feb 02, 2011
alj harem:

@ topic
[size=28pt]bull.poo angry angry angry angry angry angry angry[/size]

tell me why nigeria should spit angry angry

@ bold = Boko Haram menace . See link below
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-597765.0.html

[size=14pt]The Northern States that adopted Sharia would be better served to combine forces and form a new Nation State,"you can't have your

cake and eat it too".[/size]

financial hardship because of it , you can apply to the Southern Region for "Financial Aid" and because you are good African muslims, the application will

be granted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blackwater Withdraws From Yemen After Heavy Defeat By Houthi Shiite Separatists / Iceland To Pay Immigrants $5,000 Per Month For Marrying Icelandic Women! / Pakistan Accused Of Killing Eight Women And Children In Afghanistan Air Strike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.