Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

What Does Buhari Do For A Living? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Buhari Do For A Living? (9207 Views)

Today March 28, It's Exactly A Year We Voted For Buhari, Do You Regret? / What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? / What Does Buhari Do For A Living? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by KunleOshob(m): 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2011
Having been kicked out of public service 26 years ago not much is known about what this character does for a living. There is a claim or is it a pretence to integrity by the man yet under his watch billions of naira developed wings during his PTF days. I am also curious as to how this pensioner with high "integrity" is able to finance extremely expensive and fruitless presidential campaigns every four years after which he looses is able to fund another extremely expensive election petion tribunal. Where does buhari get his money from?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nsiman(m): 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2011
My brother, i have asked his supporters this several times but they only attack me without saying exactly what he does
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by LoveKing(m): 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2011
Google is ur friend mofo smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nsiman(m): 3:56pm On Feb 03, 2011
I need to knw also, not googling
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Beaf: 4:36pm On Feb 03, 2011
This is a very good thread. Where are Buhari's sources of income?
We know $2.8billion missing NNPC money that got Fela singing was traced to his fixed deposit account at Midland Bank London, Buhari denies this. So we wanna know how he has been able to fund political parties and hop from place to place if he has no hidden pot of gold?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by monkeyleg: 5:06pm On Feb 03, 2011
Beaf and friends if you want to find the answer, click on the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-598231.0.html

Please leave your comments as well
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by KunleOshob(m): 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2011
Still waiting for answers! His supporters claim he is not corrupt and we don't know of ant thriving legimate associated to him talkless of his source of immense income. I need someone to feel me in on the blank spaces.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 03, 2011
He earns allowance as ex-Head of state. He also has farm and cattle. He's not a flamboyant person. While GEJ and other PDP crooks dot newspaper pages and every available space with adverts, I have never come across a Buhari advert in newspaper or his bill board. That goes to show he's not rich nd doesnt ahve teh money.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by seanet02: 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2011
So you dont expect him to have any other Business to Feed himself, Moreover,
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Rhino5dm: 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2011
. . .And what does GEJ does for living  University lecturer?? how much take home pay per month?? Who is looking for thief?? In as much as i dont like Buhari(extrmist!) but i think he is of lesser thief than GEJ. .  . Patience' thief' Jonathan can attest to that.

1 Like

Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by seanet03: 5:48pm On Feb 03, 2011
When it comes to honesty, this man has no senior. Better than GEJ a hundred times.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nsiman(m): 5:56pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ jarus, ur answer is too shallow. This is sm1 with family/ies. How many herds of cattle has he? Allowances to ex heads of state and presidents has just been okayed by NASS recently and how much gratuity do he take home as an ex khaki man that feeds his family/ies and runs a campaign for the presidency for about 4 consecutive times without winning?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by KunleOshob(m): 6:06pm On Feb 03, 2011
Abi oh, jarus your explaination does not explain how he is able to fund presidential campaigbs, election petition tribunals and even float his own party.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by sleekymag(m): 6:09pm On Feb 03, 2011
How about the double standards Buhari exercised when he assumed power by ousting Shagari's government: he placed Shehu Shagari, the then President on house arrest while he sent Alex Ekueme, the Vice President to Kirikiri Prison? What would you call that?

Buhari is almost 70 years old, what can he possibly offer Nigerians at this time? Remember he functioned purely during the Analog era, but the world is a global village and we are in the digital age now. What innovative, revolutionary leadership and dividends of democracy can Buhari offer Nigerians other than probably sitting in the office and signing files?

Buhari doesn't cut across as someone who can function perfectly in a democratic setting. He's more of an introvert who doesn't talk much and i'm not sure if he has a sense of humour. Nigerians want a leader that can connect with them, can Buhari connect with us, youths and the elderly alike?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2011
[size=18pt]What has all the young politicians offered Nigeria since Buhari was overthrown

Corruption

BAD RoADs

No Electricity

Rising CRime

Did you know that Buhari almost stamped out corruption in 1.5years of leadership and reduced inflation from 24% to 5%

What has he to offer?

1. Vision
Buhari has promised to industrialise Nigeria rapidly

Begining with electricity[/size]
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by sleekymag(m): 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ GenBuhari,

Corruption maybe one of our major problems, but it can never solve all of Nigeria's problems. We need leadership that thinks deeper than that. If Buhari can solve the corruption problems, who says Rinadu can't? And you didnt answer the above raised questions of what happened to the missing money when Buhari left PTDF. When Buhari was President, are you saying we had electricity 24hrs or even 12 hours daily? How does he hope to industrialise the country, with government funds? please explain rather than blow empty words.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Eziachi: 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2011
KunleOshob:

Abi oh, jarus your explaination does not explain how he is able to fund presidential campaigbs, election petition tribunals and even float his own party.
More reason to have a debate, during which Buhari can answer your questions and Jonathan too can tell you where the 50 thousand dollars he normally give his visitors as taxi money home comes from?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Eziachi: 6:33pm On Feb 03, 2011
sleekymag:

@ GenBuhari,

Corruption maybe one of our major problems, but it can never solve all of Nigeria's problems. We need leadership that thinks deeper than that. If Buhari can solve the corruption problems, who says Rinadu can't? And you didnt answer the above raised questions of what happened to the missing money when Buhari left PTDF. When Buhari was President, are you saying we had electricity 24hrs or even 12 hours daily? How does he hope to industrialise the country, with government funds? please explain rather than blow empty words.
If you are honest with yourself, you must know that Jonathan had  spent time as presidenttwice more than Buhari did and then compare their achievements?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Feb 03, 2011
sleekymag:

@ GenBuhari,

Excuse me, but tackling of corruption equates to tackling much of Nigeria's current problems. You reduce corruption by just 20% and you will note SIGNIFICANT improvement in all sectors of Nigerian living. The level at which it is today is not conduscive for development.

Also, I no go lie, I did not know power shortage until IBB came on the scene. Even in our village, we get light during the short Buhari years.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nsiman(m): 6:41pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ genbuhari, pls let us have buhari's family life: how many wife(ives), child(ren), concubine (if any) and dependants. A gerentologist can tell u better that @70, buhari will not perform as u think and u'll come here again to tell us that buhari's old age is not letting him be proactive on duty.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nsiman(m): 6:42pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ genbuhari, pls let us have buhari's family life: how many wife(ives), child(ren), concubine (if any) and dependants. A gerentologist can tell u better that @70, buhari will not perform as u think and u'll come here again to tell us that buhari's old age is not letting him be proactive on duty.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by sleekymag(m): 6:46pm On Feb 03, 2011
Eziachi:

If you are honest with yourself, you must know that Jonathan had  spent time as presidenttwice more than Buhari did and then compare their achievements?

Then you are saying you are oblivious of the fact that Jonathan has already provided a blueprint on Power? Imagine you are honest with yourself and have all the insider knowledge about our power situation, you think it takes just about 12 months to solve all of Nigeria's power problems? And Jonathan was made Acting President when? Wasn't it around March or something? So you think he has spent more time than Buhari did while in office from Jan 1984 to Aug 1985?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by auwal87(m): 6:53pm On Feb 03, 2011
From Well Wishers like me and some REAL Anti-Corruption Crusaders!

Isn't that simple for your to understand?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by sleekymag(m): 6:55pm On Feb 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Excuse me, but tackling of corruption equates to tackling much of Nigeria's current problems. You reduce corruption by just 20% and you will note SIGNIFICANT improvement in all sectors of Nigerian living. The level at which it is today is not conduscive for development.

Also, I no go lie, I did not know power shortage until IBB came on the scene. Even in our village, we get light during the short Buhari years.

Well maybe you were too young then and didnt know much about Nigeria's power problems. Asides that, are you saying Jonathan is the source of Nigeria's power problems?

If you read my post, i said corruption maybe one of our major problems but it cannot solve all of our problems. Yes we need to tackle corruption, and who says Jonathan has disregarded that? I'm not vouching for him, but what i'm saying is we need real leaders who can give us the enabling environment for things to thrive. Buhari is past his prime already and isn't cut for the 21st century democratic leadership of a diverse nation like Nigeria.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by cold(m): 7:05pm On Feb 03, 2011
The crux of the question has still not been answered.Please Osama Binuhari apologists stop prevaricating and tell us what your candidate does for a living that is enough to sustain 4 presidential campaigns.if he receives campaign donations,where & what are the sources of these donations.Integrity my foot!
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Eziachi: 7:05pm On Feb 03, 2011
sleekymag:

Then you are saying you are oblivious of the fact that Jonathan has already provided a blueprint on Power? Imagine you are honest with yourself and have all the insider knowledge about our power situation, you think it takes just about 12 months to solve all of Nigeria's power problems? And Jonathan was made Acting President when? Wasn't it around March or something? So you think he has spent more time than Buhari did while in office from Jan 1984 to Aug 1985?
That is what it is, Blueprint. Having a Blueprint is not an achievement, as anyone can have a blueprint, especially the one theory expert are paid millions to write.
Knowing your dream car doesn't translate into having your dream car. You should know the different.
Do you genuinely believe that Jonathan knew the different between three colours in an electric cable?
I am neither for Jonathan nor for Buhari but some of you get blinded to reality because you have allowed your partisantship to becloud your sense of reasoning. If the truth must be told, Buhari is well ahead of Jonathan in terms of leadership.

Hate or love him, the guy's record speaks for itself when it comes to tackling corruption and no wonder all the big corrupt masquerade get panic sweats every time the man's name is mentioned. Nothing happens for nothing. I don't know Buhari very well, but something tells me that he is different and they dread to have in calling at Aso Rock calling the shots.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by kcjazz(m): 7:10pm On Feb 03, 2011
GEJ and Anti-Buhari peeps, it would be easier to make your points on policies and not raise Buhari's integrity issue. Its simple, what you looking for is not there. The fact that we don't even know his children or wife speaks for itself. At least we know Madam Patience and where GEJ kids go to school
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Eziachi: 7:13pm On Feb 03, 2011
cold:

The crux of the question has still not been answered.Please Osama Binuhari apologists stop prevaricating and tell us what your candidate does for a living that is enough to sustain 4 presidential campaigns.if he receives campaign donations,where & what are the sources of these donations.Integrity my foot!
I would like to know too what he does for a living after his army career.
But when has the culture of knowing what person does for a living starts in Nigeria? I tend to judge people base on what is concrete evidence, as no person both present and past has said Buhari has stolen public money with any sort of evidence and his austere lifestyle doesn't depict a corrupt person.
But we all saw Jonathan giving his visitors 50 thousand dollars as taxi money.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by meine: 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2011
@
Beaf and Other Jonathan clones

You will always fail whenever you try to rubbish the Buhari candidacy without explaining what Jonathan has achieved?

Everyone knows that buhari is one of the few Nigerians who doesn't believe in money politics, HE IS NOT RICH AND CORRUPT Like you want him to be,

He earns allowance as the head of state, and does some farming by the side, Much of his campaign funds will come from us the masses,

He has no $7000 dollars to give delegates,it is either you vote for him or you keep your votes,

I will rather ask this question in another way, WITH JONATHAN'S LOVE FOR JUMBO PAY CAN NIGERIA PROGRESS? grin grin grin
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by cold(m): 7:17pm On Feb 03, 2011
Stop being evasive.This is not a GEJ topic,you can create one & ask the same question.presidential campaigns don't come cheap any where in the world,how does this man sustain his perpetual campaigns is what we'd like to know.Simples

Eziachi:

I would like to know too what he does for a living after his army career.
But when has the culture of knowing what person does for a living starts in Nigeria? I tend to judge people base on what is concrete evidence, as no person both present and past has said Buhari has stolen public money with any sort of evidence and his austere lifestyle doesn't depict a corrupt person.
But we all saw Jonathan giving his visitors 50 thousand dollars as taxi money.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Knight1(m): 7:18pm On Feb 03, 2011
well, i know some of this 'big' men e.g the late rimi, buhari who were once powerful do not have money as in cash, but every now and then some guy they favored in their days of glory brings some returns which sustains them.
i dont believe the 2.8 billion story, cos in 2007, buhari was said to have put up with a family friend when his house was being renovated. if he had that money, he could have simply checked into a hotel. i think he lives on charity of his faithfuls.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Feb 03, 2011
sleekymag:

Well maybe you were too young then and didnt know much about Nigeria's power problems. Asides that, are you saying Jonathan is the source of Nigeria's power problems?

ROFLMAO!!!!

I am sorry but no, I am probably older than you are. And NO, there were no serious power issues during the 20 months Buhari was in Charge of Nigeria. If you have information to the contrary. Provide it, rather than continue to pretend that was the case.

Where in the my post do you see anything on Jonathan?  Why won't you blame Jonathan for the power problem in Nigeria, since he served as chief on that committee for over 2 years now?

sleekymag:

If you read my post, i said corruption maybe one of our major problems but it cannot solve all of our problems. Yes we need to tackle corruption, and who says Jonathan has disregarded that? I'm not vouching for him, but what i'm saying is we need real leaders who can give us the enabling environment for things to thrive. Buhari is past his prime already and isn't cut for the 21st century democratic leadership of a diverse nation like Nigeria.

Actually Jonathan has because fighting corruption was not one of the 3 agenda's he said he was willing to focus on.  Also, not much has been done in the area of combatting corruption since his appointment as president was made official, so I am not sure what you are getting at.

Sure, we need real leaders, and those who have been SHOWN incapable of handling the job need to be removed from the list of possibles. Being a past leader does not work against Buhari.

First off, there is no such thing as 21st century democractic leadership --- that part you made up all by yourself. Secondly, Nigeria has always been a diverse nation -- it was back in 1985 and still is, and will always be. The country has rarely changed since the 80's  -- if anything we have lost much of what we used to have back then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Complete Profile Of Prof. Yemi Osinbajo / Budget Padding: Saraki Inaugurates Technical Committee / Umahi: Infrastructure Revolutionist Master

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.