Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,076 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu (27211 Views)

Magu Killed High-profile Cases While Chasing After ‘yahoo Boys’; Salami Panel / Ozekhome Meets Salami Panel, Testifies Against Magu, Submits Videos / Magu Writes Ayo Salami Panel, Responds To 15 ‘allegations’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by ijustdey: 9:14am On Jul 11, 2020
The Justice Ayo Salami panel investigating allegations of infractions against the suspended Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s (EFCC) chairman, Ibrahim Magu, has been given absolute freedom by President Muhammadu Buhari to probe and recommend whatever can lead to a complete overhaul of the commission.

Magu first appeared before the committee, led by the former president of the Court of Appeal on Monday to respond to charges of alleged discrepancies in the reconciliation records on recovered funds, insubordination, disobeying court orders, among others.

The suspended EFCC chairman, who was hauled before the panel sitting at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa by a team of security agents, has been answering questions from its members through sessions lasting many hours daily.

A senior government official disclosed to Daily Trust Saturday that the president did not set a limit to the committee and has given it absolute freedom to recommend to him, not just on issues relating to Magu, but other areas that could help turn the anti-graft body around.

It was for that reason that the panel expanded its scope and sent invitations to some directors and senior management staff of the EFCC, who appeared before it on Thursday, Daily Trust Saturday gathered.

Heads of departments of the commission were asked to submit detailed report of their activities from 2015 when Magu was appointed chairman, just as other staff in the Asset Forfeiture and Procurement and Finance department were asked to provide receipts, serial numbers of all recovered assets and tender records.

The Federal Government, which set up the panel, has not disclosed its terms of reference. But the top government official said the scope of the probe was not being limited to Magu, adding that it would also target other general issues in the EFCC.

“The president did not set limit to the Salami committee. He instead gave them absolute freedom to recommend anything, not only about Magu, but on the commission in general.

Whatever they recommend, the president will consider, and that is why they are expanding the scope of their work beyond Magu,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/salami-panel-digs-beyond-magu.html

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by LibertyRep: 9:21am On Jul 11, 2020
They'll need an excavator and not a digger.

... and I hope they have enough buffer to contain the mind blogging dirts to be uncovered.

..last last, the charade will end with a soft landing or plea bargain

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by onez: 9:25am On Jul 11, 2020
They should investigate all the lopsided investigation of EFCC. Why are many corruption cases against APC Chieftains not investigated. This panel shoulders be expanded and made independent. I give my full support to the panel. God works in mysterious ways.

5 Likes

Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by SpatialKing(m): 9:30am On Jul 11, 2020
Hushibanjo and Hushbubu cashing out

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by Decibel: 10:06am On Jul 11, 2020
More spades, shovels and digger for the Salami-led committee cheesy
Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by SmartProf(m): 10:07am On Jul 11, 2020
They shouldn't even waste their time digging cos they will never finish due to the rot they will find. These corrupt guys are everywhere including the ones who brought him to face justice. If you are confused on how to identify them, pls ask Nigerians and we will gladly help you immediately, since una no dey see road until una dig.

10 Likes

Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by nanauju(f): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
am happy when I see people with flawless skin, introducing YORI YORI soap this is for those who want to whiten very fast, it doesn't bleach, it lightens very fast giving u a fair and glowing skin, removes black spots, black heads, black knuckles, pimples and gradually fades stretch marks ❤️

RETAIL PRICE: 1800

Call or whatsapp on 070 6180 9819

Location is Lagos

Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by KossyKiss97(f): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ok we have heard

Meanwhile see signature.......
Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by CasNova: 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
The panel must strive to do a thorough job. Now, the hunter (EFCC) has become the hunted.

Life is indeed a paradox.

2 Likes

Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by gambia(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
Nigeria is completely finished.
Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by Yankee101: 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
Amen

Malami
Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by Flexherbal(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
The Justice Ayo Salami panel investigating allegations of infractions against the suspended Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s (EFCC) chairman, Ibrahim Magu, has been given absolute freedom by President Muhammadu Buhari to probe and recommend whatever can lead to a complete overhaul of the commission.

They should extend it to other agencies.

For issues of the male organ. https://www.nairaland.com/3152927/testimonies-100-herbal-tea-cures#46368527
Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by tonididdy(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
If you hate this country Nigeria more than I do click like

14 Likes

Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
Shocking news every hour
Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by Joshmodest(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
The only crime I've committed in my life is being Nigerian ...
Waec of 1 class they can't hold cancel....
Football league with few games left they can't hold cancel...
Covid 19 is paralyzing the world they are doing 20 tests per day ...
Efcc sef catch thieves they re loot the stolen loot ...
Presidency carry out trial on the thief , so so story at the end nothing go happen ....
One man on radio said the two sectors working in Nigeria are the discos cos the bill must go round , light or no light and the police force , cos there is always a format to exploit people ....
In my next life if its just Nigeria and Somalia left , I'll go to Somalia or just go to hell !!

3 Likes

Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by Badaaddyyuu(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
I knew it, I knew there are more cohorts
Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by salbis(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
There is something about this man's face, he looks like a hardened criminal.

2 Likes

Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by Johnandv: 3:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
The looting and highhandedness in this administration is mind boggling. Imagine EFCC selling recovered assets on their own and sharing the money. If you tell Buhari he will say I'm shocked and that ends it, look at how our soldiers are resigning from military in their hundreds because of Buhari and his service chiefs incompetence. I knew immediately Jonathan called Buhari to congratulate him on his 2015 election victory that it was over for Nigeria, I just knew that the country would sooner or later look at Chad and Niger as Canada.

Yoruba are the most daft and self-centered set of people in Nigeria. I just pity Edo people who would likely follow Yoruba in oduduwa Republic once Nigeria splits, they would never allow Edo people to have a say in their country, due to their envy and tribalistic intoxication. Yorubas brought evil to the South, now Fulanis from other countries can stroll into our farms and cut our mothers and fathers with their cutlass and walk like nothing happened, all because of Yoruba greed for power and envy for Igbos, they thought Jonathan was making Igbos prominent in power and it spelt doom for them since politics is the only thing that keeps them relevant in this Nigeria.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by Sebastine1994(m): 3:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
be good to everybody

1 Like

Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by aremuforlife(m): 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
Hope it will review lots of secrets
Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by tonididdy(m): 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
Buhari put this man there to acquire wealth and protect his co-northerner looters.

The new acting chairman will do the same and nothing will happen still... Just an endless probe than will disappear into thin air
Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by MartinsD12(m): 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
ijustdey:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/salami-panel-digs-beyond-magu.html
Investigation should be extended to the attorney General of federation Abubakar malami
Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by iamyemiakins(m): 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
HushMagu! Every day for the thief, one day for the owner! When are they going to finally look into the petition against Tinubu!

1 Like

Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by Racoon(m): 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
This means everyone under this corrupt government including Mr.President will come under the radar because institutionalized corruption is a chain network.

Hope the panel & its findings will not be disbanded when more putrifying corruption indicating his cronies are unearthed like the arms scandal probe? Fingers crossed
Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by anibi9674: 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
They want to dig beyond magu will they also dig the billoniare card seller in aso rock.
Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by JosephXavier: 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
The only thing I care for about this panel is for the bullion van drug dealer to be probed too.

They should also probe how armed men managed to gain access into FCIU building in Aso Rock to vandalise their computers and managed to made away with some of the systems beating the heavy security their

If their are insiders that helped them, they all should be brought to book
Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
Let them flog this MAGU publicly.
How will you be fighting corruptn and still be corrupt.
This country has comma.
Buhari self na scam.
How will someone be stealing under ur watch since 2015 and u don't know abt it?
One day smbody will say he is a man of integrity but how comes he has corrupt folks all around him? HABA
Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by Cj4charles(m): 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
This is called Karma in English

Re: Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu by NaijaOlosho(f): 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
grin this is getting real

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others / PDP Assembles Crack Team To Restructure The Party’s Youth System (Photos) / NLC Car Runs Out Of Fuel On Highway (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.