Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,690 members, 7,805,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman (3751 Views)

Nigerian Man Turns Woman: Mr Dapo Adaralegbe, Now Miss Stephanie Adaralegbe / Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man / Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by ozigbo(m): 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2007
the two thing that can make a Nigerian man open a door for woman.
1, if the girl is a first catch
2' if the car door is bad.
please can somebody tell me why?
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by BigSis(f): 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2007
If he was raised to be respectful to a woman and a gentleman. This will come natural to him. Otherwise, he is just frontin'. He has an agenda.
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by monshege: 12:54am On Jun 15, 2007
hahahahaha ozigbo, i would rather go with your second option, that sounds more like it.
naija culture doesnt teach males to open doors for females, it is a borrowed culture which is why i see naija men walk through doors and close them after themselves or bang doors in the faces of ladies walking behind them grin (i love naija!!!)

@big sis
being taught to be respectful to a lady doesnt necessary mean you are taught to open doors for women. nope, it just means be respectful. you can give respect to a woman without opening door for her, not to involve the ladies that have grown with such a mentality that they feel threatened when a guy opens doors for them sad
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by DisGuy: 1:12am On Jun 15, 2007
if he wants kpali cheesy
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by laudate: 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2007
Dis Guy:

if he wants kpali cheesy

Ba-a-ad Guy!! grin
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by knotty(m): 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2007
why does a man need to open a door for a woman? her hand short or he cut?
for lagos you are on your own jare
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by iice(f): 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2007
LMAO!! ^^^Abi oh grin
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by moondust(m): 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2007
two things that can make a nigerian man open a car door for a woman
1. Nothing
2. Nothing
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by Iman3(m): 3:55pm On Jun 18, 2007
@Topic
If the man is an employee of the woman  grin
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by OpeLovely(f): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2008
The two things are:

1) An ulterior motive (sex)
2) If his car handle is bad.
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by rookie(m): 3:45pm On Feb 12, 2008
OpeLovely:

1) An ulterior motive (sex)

-- I find it interesting that you consider sex to be an "ulterior motive"? -- I would rather consider it to be inherent, LOL Hmm, I wonder what else could be an "ulterior motive" these days!!!!
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by romeo(m): 9:53am On Feb 13, 2008
Why the woman no go open door for me cheesy ? That shit is outdated now!!
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by ifyalways(f): 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2008
@topic,what abt old folks ?
my dad still opens and holds doors for my mum(not just cars,every door)
my guy does so too.some do so cos their parents did so.so its just more than 2 things as you listed.
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by fromuk(m): 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2008
ifyalways:

my guy does so too.some do so because their parents did so.so its just more than 2 things as you listed.
which of your man? Fake get car? am begining to suspect you grin grin grin
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by otele(m): 10:03pm On Feb 15, 2008
fromuk:

grin grin grin grin grin i don die oooooo
faketan e ee e e ee grin grin grin grin
faketan na deputy assistant junior boyfriend grin grin

or perhaps faketan has a wheel barrow wey he de open for am grin grin grin
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by Gamine(f): 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2008
Open car door indeed undecided

Nothing can make them open car door o tongue

Why should i wait to hv the door open for me

im i retarded?
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by TheSly: 10:11pm On Feb 15, 2008
respect my foot!. . . . . .
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by otele(m): 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2008
why i go open door for her angry
apollo do am for hand? grin
abi fibroid do am for finger? grin

anyway, i think it's a sign of being gentle. but like other forms of chivalry, women abuse it as if it is a duty for a man to open door for them. i open the door for my girlfriend though. it's a new catch. 2 weeks ago grin
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by romeo(m): 11:20pm On Feb 15, 2008
otele:

LMAO hahahahhaa grin grin
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by Ikomi(m): 3:01am On Feb 16, 2008
ifyalways:

@topic,what about old folks ?
my dad still opens and holds doors for my mum(not just cars,every door)
my guy does so too.some do so because their parents did so.so its just more than 2 things as you listed.

fromuk:

otele:

romeo:

I think u guys should show some respect. Taking cheap shots at others is no good idea.

Fake don't mind them. If anything happens to the door of your wheel barrow, av got a wielding machine. 

Inanu! Am not even sure ma ona ege mu nti

Fake nka sef. angry
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by romeo(m): 11:03am On Feb 16, 2008
Bia Ikommiri kedu ihe iñuru n'abalia? cheesy cheesy
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by ifyalways(f): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2008
fromuk:

pressssss,leave me hand oooo.shey i call pesin name? embarassed
otele:

whell barrow,leggedes benz,we are not complaining.otele,mind your biz sad sad
romeo:

even you romanus? cry cry cry
Ikomi:

I think u guys should show some respect. Taking cheap shots at others is no good idea.

Fake don't mind them. If anything happens to the door of your wheel barrow, av got a wielding machine.

Inanu! Am not even sure ma ona ege mu nti

Fake nka sef. angry

uncle ikomi too. cry cry cry cry cry obi agbawala m cry cry cry
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by faketan(m): 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2008
Hmmmmm

Interesting interesting. Well you guys are right. I no get car. What I have is way out of the league of cars. So it will be degrading to call it a car.

I also have a wheel barrow but it does not have a door.

Now guys, I grew up in nigeria, and I will tell you any time and any day that I will open both car and ordinary doors for my woman and any woman. Reason, I am one of the outdated gentlemen.
For sex? no not for sex. I do it because women are tender and should be treated so except the woman refuses such gesture.

It takes nothing out me.
Ikomium how far? thanks man. My wheel barrow has problem with the wheels.

Romeo the great man. hahahahahahah.

Amaghizi m gi na Tosh onye ka achu grin wink
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by tomX1(m): 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2008
faketan:

. . . I do it because women are tender and should be treated so except the woman refuses such gesture.
Out of curiousity though, when this "tender" women approach a door all by themself do they keep waiting by the door until a "gentleman" comes by and tackle the problem? When two "tender" women meet at a door, do they flip coins to decide who is stronger and hence who should open the door?

I don't agree with the notion that Nigerian men who don't open doors for women are not gentlemen, especialy since the women can do it easily without farting in the process. We should not dwell on the trivias but reserve our energies for situations that the woman might realy find challenging (like changing a flat tyre).
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 20, 2008
@post
3. if both of her hands are crippled or amputated
4.if she's his boss
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by creamdream: 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2008
1. if he is not a man
2. if he is dead man walking
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 21, 2008
if its an old model without central locking grin
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by ifyalways(f): 7:36pm On Feb 21, 2008
. . . different strokes for us.each man to his own kiss
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by Kashif(m): 10:36am On Feb 22, 2008
The irony if it is that most women think that a man opening a door for a woman is not 'cool' grin grin They feel he is a 'mumu'. That is the paradox with women undecided
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by LAXIST(m): 4:31am On May 07, 2009
@Opelovely,
Ultimotive for sex, na wah oooh.
Nice pics. anyway,
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by typical: 10:11am On May 07, 2009
Some wey open door go still batter the woman later. What benefit does door opening hold for any woman?
Re: The Two Things That Can Make A Nigerian Man Open A Car Door For A Woman by mccloud224(m): 1:48am On Dec 18, 2009
Hunger and Agro grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Witch Caught In Benin City / ENI O LE SE BI ALABARU L'OYINGBO, KO LE SE BI ADEGBORO L'OJA OBA. a short story / Will Nigerians In The South Like A Magazine Like This!! - Pictures Included!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.