Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,438 members, 7,801,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

What Are Differences Between Islam And Catholicism? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Differences Between Islam And Catholicism? (1983 Views)

Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols / Similarities Between Islam And Catholicism / Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Differences Between Islam And Catholicism? by xgel: 2:31am On Feb 04, 2011
What are differences between Islam and Catholicism?
Re: What Are Differences Between Islam And Catholicism? by usisky(m): 6:49am On Feb 04, 2011
xgel:

What are differences between Islam and Catholicism?

@xgel

Gud greetings be upon u.

Again, some clarifications needs to made. to answer your question, one needs to understand what the word ISLAM truly means. contrary to the understanding most pple have, ISLAM is not the religion of the muslims. this is because islam is not a name, but islam is a description of a system and it is dictated by ones strict subservience to the system.

ISLAM means a total submission of ones self to the one true God, the creator of the heavens and the earth. As u can see, the system is quite simple, a complete surrender  to that creator without associating anyone or anything else with Him. Anyone who adheres to this system is termed a muslim(submitter in English).
This system of total surrender is in fact the foremost commandment in virtually all religious scriptures i have studied so far.                           

Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is One God!  Therefore you shall adore the Lord your God  with all your heart, with all your soul,  with all your mind,  and with all your strength.                                      
[Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Luke 12:29-30, Quran 3:18] 

let us meditate on God, His glorious attributes, who is the basis of everything in this universe as its Creator,  who is fit to be worshiped as Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscient and self existent concious being, who removes all ignorance and impurities from the mind  and purifies and sharpens the intellect.                  
[Gayatri Mantra, Yajur Veda] 

While every religion has been corrupted by innovations, traditions,and false, idolatrous doctrines, there may be "Submitters(muslims)" within every religion. There may be Submitters who are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist,Seeks, Bahai,zaraotriasm or anything else. These Submitters(muslims), collectively, constitute the only religion acceptable to God. As emphasized by the  QURAN, all Submitters who are devoted to God ALONE, and do not set up any idols beside God, are redeemed into God's eternal kingdom (quran 2:62,  quran 5:69). A criterion of the true submitters(muslims) is that they will find nothing objectionable in the Quran.

So my friend Xgel, by virtue of the above definitions , the TRUE ISLAM  is Nothing compared to Catholicism. if u understand the tenet of the catholics ,then u should also understand that the differences are innumerable. i really can't expound better than that, i hope it helps in some way.

Thanks
Re: What Are Differences Between Islam And Catholicism? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 04, 2011
I think the question should be rephrased thus;What is the difference between xgel and a slowpoke ?
Re: What Are Differences Between Islam And Catholicism? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2011
2xgel na the word filter dey pity you ,okay let me use another word here.

What is the difference between xgel and a mad man ?
Re: What Are Differences Between Islam And Catholicism? by Knight1(m): 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2011
What is the difference between xgel and a mad man ?
grin

What is the difference between xgel and a not-so-smart person
grin

@poster

What are the Similarities you have noticed?

(1) (Reply)

⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵✽̤̈ Glorious Ruins Christian Single Ladies Thread.✽̤̈·̵·̵̭̌«̶⌣ / All Jehova Witness Should Not Be Educated / People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.