Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud (1615 Views)

Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers / Betrayal Or Fraud Cosmos Maduka Vs Ifeanyi Uba / Crude Oil: A Blessing To Nigeria or a Curse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by ozoneflake(m): 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2007
MTN IN NIGERIA: BLESSING OR FRAUD?

You try to dial phone rings, Hello Hello Hello just hello you loose one minute.
Some times only one of the two users hear what any of them is saying, you loose one minute.
You send a message it takes two days to arrive to the destination.
They come on tv asking you to put some words correctly and when you do after spending so many minutes talking they tell you 'sorry the line is off'.

Please fellow Nigerians I think MTN in Nigeria is a FRAUD. what do you think.
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by Rlst84sale(m): 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2007
The fraud level of telecommunication companies higher than 419. It is even worse here in The States with those calling card companies. I guess they are licensed to do it and since we don't collectively protest against it. May be if people starts to stand up and voice out then our governments will start to do something about it. Than't what I think.
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by mrofficial(m): 9:39pm On Jun 14, 2007
Them dey take our money repair their country
Stingy Network
I don't see a good reason why people are using MTN
Please lets stop using their Netowork and start using tiwantiwa, which is Glo (with pride)

1 Like

Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by Rlst84sale(m): 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2007
Actually it's not about where they come from it's about who is ethical in their business practice. If GLO is doing right with people let's use them if not let's completely boycut whichever company is reaping our people off.
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by dutireyemi(f): 10:41pm On Jun 14, 2007
As a matter of fact, MTN is the worst thing that has ever happened to Nigerians. Come to think of their useless inefficient services and yet they are adding to their subscribers. and worst of all is the xtracool package the use to rip people of their most precious night rest. Just Imagine somebody waking up at 12:30 and trying to call to no avail till 4:30, tell me, how will such a person be efficient at the working place if he or she is a worker, or in class if he's a student. There a lot of things that piss-me-off about the MTN, their services has been worse since they introduced their useless, unreasonable 070.

IT'S TRUE AND I WILL LIKE TO SUPPORT THE MOTION THAT MTN IS A FRAUD, INFACT MTN IS WORSE THAN A TERMINAL DISEASE angry  angry angry
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by debosky(m): 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2007
see me see trouble oh, did MTN keep your eyes open from 12.30 till 4.30, abi na dem talk say make una like awoof?? grin grin grin
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by obong(m): 12:57am On Jun 15, 2007
glo all the way. mtn is a fraud
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by DisGuy: 1:05am On Jun 15, 2007
there are several networks in nigeria now, whydont you just throw the sim card in the bin, maybe you like the free nite calls too much tongue
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by cheexy: 1:20am On Jun 15, 2007
Dis Guy:

there are several networks in nigeria now, whydont you just throw the sim card in the bin, maybe you like the free night calls too much tongue

@Dis Guy
Very funny. I personally don't use MTN because i just don't like the network and when i knew i needed to make awoof calls, i just got myself a starcomms line for my business.It is the best thing that has happened to me telecom wise. You don't have to recharge, i use it to browse, i have free weekend starcomms to starcomms calls from 6pm, free weekday starcomms to starcomms calls from 12am.Superior voice quality and good customer service. What more do i need in a phone? My celtel line is just to keep in touch and for the per-second calls. Best of all, my customers don't have to worry about running up their office phone bills because it is a landline.   I also heard that before you can win the "who wants to be a millionaire"  20k, you need to have recharged your phone with up to that amount. Forget MTN hype. They are just exploiters.
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by ozoneflake(m): 10:50am On Jun 18, 2007
I think that the nonchalance exhibited by our leaders really makes me wonder if they mean well for this country. Just within few months of doing business in Nigeria MTN is reaping off been the major communication company in Nigeria. I just wish that the government wakes up one morning to scrutinize all the tricks they have played on the citizens of this country. It is not because we cannot afford the cost but because they are trickily stealing from the people of this country.
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by ayusman16(m): 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2007
ozoneflake:

I think that the nonchalance exhibited by our leaders really makes me wonder if they mean well for this country. Just within few months of doing business in Nigeria MTN is reaping off been the major communication company in Nigeria. I just wish that the government wakes up one morning to scrutinize all the tricks they have played on the citizens of this country. It is not because we cannot afford the cost but because they are trickily stealing from the people of this country.
Am surprised u allowed urself to be exploited…. Dem dey cheat u and u still use their line…if u sensible u would stop complaining and make alternative arrangement… do u think dey came to this country to siddon and look? Wat about Shell, Chevron and other multinational coy… I just believe it’s becos naija pple don’t get d opportunity to swindle dem dats why u r beefing dem…, afterall, majority of the staff running the org are intelligent Nigerians (Ur bros and sis)….
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by ayusman16(m): 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2007
mr.official:

Them dey take our money repair their country
Stingy Network
I don't see a good reason why people are using MTN
Please lets stop using their Netowork and start using tiwantiwa, which is Glo (with pride)

MTN has done more in contributing to the economy of dis country than other network, a percentage of their profit is dedicated to the economy, see the hiv/aids campaigns, the school and universities connect whereby computers centers are opened, see hospital equipment recently given to the lagos hosp, creation of jobs in connects, As far as am concern i've felt their impact while in schoool and as a subscriber, it's not until if dem give me awoof before i know they've tried, una too like free chops
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by otokx(m): 3:23am On Jun 20, 2007
I think MTN is a blessing not a fraud. Our government is it that is both a curse and a fraud. No roads, no electricity, no jobs, no schools, no health care, nothing. Starcomms is city oriented, take a drive to the villages see whether you will have service there. As for GLO, have u tried using them when rain falls, have you made a call only to hear ur voice speaking to you. They are expert in collecting money for undelivered SMS. Celtel is a bundle of confusion; can't call reltel lines from their network, can't send sms from their network to starcomms.
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by Mustay(m): 3:31am On Jun 20, 2007
they play strictly to the business maxim- MAXIMIZE PROFIT.
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by trinitgame: 8:57pm On Jun 20, 2007
they are reaping too much profit see how quickly they implemented the 10% vat increase now that it is 5% we have not heard from them have we
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by otokx(m): 5:04am On Jun 21, 2007
They are making hay while the sun is shining; afterall its our government that came up with VAT increase.
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by twity(f): 5:34pm On Jun 25, 2007
I think we like badmouthing people in this country as soon as we stop enjoying awoof from them. If we call MTN a fraud, i wonder what we will call Celtel that does boju boju with their so called 60 mins free call for only one day. You spend 20 hours out of the 24 hrs trying to place a call. I know that all networks from time to time have these network fluctuations that cause call drops and the rest of them, but I think its not fair to call them frauds. Anyway, am not holding brief for then, neither do i work there but lets just be considerate, especially given all the Corporate Social Initiatives they have pioneered in nija.
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by Mustay(m): 2:04am On Jun 26, 2007
They're all d same. Even d mtn midnight calls had connection problem not to talk of celtel doing hers 4 24hours
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by Cordlessroy: 10:20pm On Mar 29, 2012
Mtn nigeria is a fraud period. Agree or disagree, this is simply the truth.
Re: Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud by ernersinfobank(m): 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2012
MTN is not a fraud, it is the environment she operate from that is fraudulent. A system where every parastatal is filled with bunch of greedy individual who don't know how to make money legally except they rob peter and even refuse to pay Paul.

(1) (Reply)

Western Union Bug, Is It True? / Step By Step Tutorial On How To Make Money With Just / Port-harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (phed) Consultation And Feedback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.