Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari (11011 Views)

Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu / God Told Jonathan To Pardon Alamieyeseigha – Arthur Eze / If I run with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by sandra123: 9:56am On Feb 04, 2011
Pastor Bakare told PM News this morning that God had a hand in his decision to join politics and become a running mate to Buhari, quoting Psalm 78: 70, 71 to back up his claims.
Psalm 78:70,71 reads: “He (God) chose David also his servant, and took him from the sheepfolds: from following the ewes great with young, he brought him to feed Jacob his people, and Israel his inheritance.”

Bakare also quoted Romans 13:1, which says “…For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God, to further back up his claims.
With this the cleric said any power that be were ordained by God and that people were just being sentimental about his decision to contest as running mate to Buhari, adding that like God took David from being a shepherd to become king, he also could go higher.

“A shepherd can transit from pasturing a church to ruling a nation. When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice. There is no authority not ordained by God,” he said.
When asked that Jesus Christ rejected the position of being a king when the Israelites wanted to make him one and that he should emulate the example of Christ, Bakare said Christ rejected that because he had a mission to die for the whole world.

“Christ came for a purpose and he even said my kingdom is not of this world,” he said, saying that should not be misconstrued for Christians not to go into politics.
“I did not accept the offer to be Buhari’s running mate because of fame and popularity; I already have that. I took it because I want to serve my generation according to the will of God and to change things.

“I did not lobby for the position but when Buhari called, I accepted the offer. I consulted with those who mattered and with top echelons in christendom and they gave me the go ahead. We want to change Nigeria perpetually,” he stated.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/02/04/pastor-bakare-god-told-run-buhari/
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by seanet02: 10:02am On Feb 04, 2011
Now where did the man says God told him to run in the Post? MISLEADING HEADLINE!!
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 04, 2011
seanet02:

Now where did the man says God told him to run in the Post? MISLEADING HEADLINE!!

sandra123:

Pastor Bakare told PM News this morning that God had a hand in his decision to join politics and become a running mate to Buhari, quoting Psalm 78: 70, 71 to back up his claims.
Psalm 78:70,71 reads: “He (God) chose David also his servant, and took him from the sheepfolds: from following the ewes great with young, he brought him to feed Jacob his people, and Israel his inheritance.”

Bakare also quoted Romans 13:1, which says “…For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God, to further back up his claims.
With this the cleric said any power that be were ordained by God and that people were just being sentimental about his decision to contest as running mate to Buhari, adding that like God took David from being a shepherd to become king, he also could go higher.

“A shepherd can transit from pasturing a church to ruling a nation. When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice. There is no authority not ordained by God,” he said.
When asked that Jesus Christ rejected the position of being a king when the Israelites wanted to make him one and that he should emulate the example of Christ, Bakare said Christ rejected that because he had a mission to die for the whole world.

“Christ came for a purpose and he even said my kingdom is not of this world,” he said, saying that should not be misconstrued for Christians not to go into politics.
“I did not accept the offer to be Buhari’s running mate because of fame and popularity; I already have that. I took it because I want to serve my generation according to the will of God and to change things.

“I did not lobby for the position but when Buhari called, I accepted the offer. I consulted with those who mattered and with top echelons in christendom and they gave me the go ahead. We want to change Nigeria perpetually,” he stated.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/02/04/pastor-bakare-god-told-run-buhari/

Are you still confused undecided

Meanwhile, I can't wait to hear what 'God' will say when the lose! undecided
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Phony200(m): 12:03pm On Feb 04, 2011
^^lol. He'll tell him "TOLD YA!"
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by scud(m): 12:10pm On Feb 04, 2011
God told him to run with Buhari and so what? Did he tell you that God told him they will win? Wake up from you stupor?

When you sing 'If you can use anything Lord, you can use me, ' Now God is ready to use him you are shouting.

I think we should not assume and conclude what he did not say. There is difference between winning and contesting.

When he led SNG to bring Jonathan on, he heard God well. Now, he wants to go and you are mudslinging him.

Human Being, Omo araye lee
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ujujoan:

Are you still confused undecided

Meanwhile, I can't wait to hear what 'God' will say when the lose! undecided

Who told you he will lose, God did not tell GEJ to contest for the Presidency the US did (according to wikileaks) grin If Bakare/Buhari lose then it is because the Alliance between God and Allah has collapsed grin Insha God We will win
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2011
I dnt see why people are appalled by this development. Ive neva seen Bakare as a pastor. He's just a politician working by appealing to people's emotions.
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by SkyBlue1: 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ujujoan:

Are you still confused    undecided

Meanwhile, I can't wait to hear what 'God' will say when the lose!  undecided

Yes I am still confused. Don't quote paraphrase, show us where he actually said "God told me to run with Buhari". I am still searching for it. Read a similar article a few days ago and could not see where the man said God told him to run with Buhari. I rather see it from the horses mouth than read it in the paraphrase of an overzealous journalist. Here is a link to the actual interview, please draw our attention to where Bakare said God told him to run with Buhari cos I might have missed it (quite plausible). http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/02/01/bakare-god-told-me-to-run-with-buhari/
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by olamumsy: 12:46pm On Feb 04, 2011
grin grin angry confusion, tongue tongue
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2011
Sky Blue:

Don't quote paraphrase, show us where he actually said "God told me to run with Buhari". I am still searching for it. Read a similar article a few days ago and could not see where the man said God told him to run with Buhari. I rather see it fromt he horses mouth than read it in the paraphrase of an overzealous journalist.

This is not 'paraphrasing' . . . this is a general interpretation of his statement. He (Bakare) said cannot deny not insisting to have gotten God's permission before running from the comments he made!

The man is phony abeg . . and the fact that he's using God's name to further his political ambition will land him in serious trouble! I pity him!  undecided
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Tcrack(m): 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2011
Phony200:

^^lol. He'll tell him "TOLD YA!"
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Ninapha(f): 12:50pm On Feb 04, 2011
Troynow:

I dnt see why people are appalled by this development. Ive neva seen Bakare as a pastor. He's just a politician working by appealing to people's emotions.

seconded!

He seems more of a "political pastor"  maybe that is his own campaign strategy and or lead to popularity.  I remember when he said OBJ would die, his defence on the ASO ROCK bribe and all other political sermons he has delivered so far,  I think he is making headways.  Good Bakere to him! not Goodluck!
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by SkyBlue1: 12:50pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ujujoan:

This is not 'paraphrasing' . . . this is a general interpretation of his statement. He (Bakare) said cannot deny not insisting to have gotten God's permission before running from the comments he made!

The man is phony abeg . . and the fact that he's using God's name to further his political ambition will land him in serious trouble! I pity him!  undecided

Interpretation according to who? So allowing someone to go out is the same as telling them to go out? Can't you read for yourself and make up your own mind or are you that gullible especially for (of all things) the Nigerian press? I am not going to go into a completely unneccesary back and forth, simply redeem yourself by highlighting where the man said in his speech that God told him to run with Buhari. I have provided you with extra link sef. Or is it so difficult? How much junk news have we read from Nigeria? The headline of the article (which I provided) sayd Bakare claims God told him to run with Buhari, and there is not even one quote to that effect? This goes beyond Bakare, this is simply about press integrity. Please! I can't stand junk press!
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2011
Sky Blue:

Interpretation according to who? Can't you read for yourself and make up your own mind or are you that gullible especially for (of all things) the Nigerian press? I am not going to go into a completely unneccesary back and forth, simply redeem yourself by highlighting where the man said in his speech that God told him to run with Buhari. I have provided you with extra link sef. Or is it so difficult? How much junk news have we read from Nigeria? The headline of the article (which I provided) sayd Bakara claims God told him to run with Buhari, and there is not even one quote to that effect? Please! I can't stand junk press!

I could easily quote you saying 'Tunde Bakare did not say God asked him to run' . . . . and I'll be right . . even though you never actually used those words! undecided

Just as you can't stand junk press, I can't stand silly arguments! undecided
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by SkyBlue1: 12:57pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ujujoan:

I could easily quote you saying 'Tunde Bakare did not say God asked him to run' . . . .  and I'll be right . .  even though you never actually used those words!  undecided

Just as you can't stand junk press, I can't stand silly arguments!  undecided

WOW. How hard is this? Show us in the article where Tunde Bakare is quoted as saying God told him to run with Buhari or anything to that effect. Is that so hard a task? I have even provided you a link to the interview (http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/02/01/bakare-god-told-me-to-run-with-buhari/) because press associations do share their reports and resources. Please show us where Bakare said God told him to run with Buhari.
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2011
Sky Blue:

WOW. How hard is this? Show us in the article where Tunde Bakare is quoted as saying God told him to run with Buhari or anything to that effect. Is that so hard a task?

Wow! How hard is it for you to use your brain undecided
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by SkyBlue1: 1:04pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ujujoan:

Wow! How hard is it for you to use your brain undecided

So you can't show us where Bakare said God told him to run with Buhari, but we are to believe it just for the sake of it? Case closed.
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by angelz(f): 1:07pm On Feb 04, 2011
Never c d guy as a pastor 2, more like a politician in pastor's garb.
l know they can neva win. lf he had run with d likes of Ribadu, dia's a possibility.
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by sley4life(m): 1:18pm On Feb 04, 2011
thats a lie
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nsiman(m): 1:21pm On Feb 04, 2011
So the book of psalms and Romans were directed at Bakare abi? quoting the bible out of context
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by larimo(m): 1:24pm On Feb 04, 2011
seanet02:

Thats the speciality of . They always mislead people with their captions, like most media houses I guess, for the sake of money.
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by blacksta(m): 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2011
Interesting

I am not sure about this one . posterity will tell.
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by larimo(m): 1:28pm On Feb 04, 2011
People,

Is there anything wrong in someone desiring to serve his nation when the opportunity beckons? If I desire to give my neighbour a piece of bread to help him, so you are saying I should wait upon God before I do so?

God has given us His spirit to guide us.
God may not have spoken plainly to him that he should contest and will be vice-president but it doesnt mean he cannot contest. God's ways arent like ours. He may fail at the elections but through his acts, God maybe planning something greater for Nigerians and Christianity too.
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nsiman(m): 1:32pm On Feb 04, 2011
Why didn't God ask him to run as president to fix thing the way He (God) wants but rather ask him to be a V.P?
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 04, 2011
Sky Blue:

So you can't show us where Bakare said God told him to run with Buhari, but we are to believe it just for the sake of it? Case closed.

Just when I thought you couldn't get anymore annoying . . . you went and proved me wrong! undecided

Nsiman:

Why didn't God ask him to run as president to fix thing the way He (God) wants but rather ask him to be a V.P?

Don't mind him . . . I wonder what impact 'God' thinks he can make as a V.P in a country where they are nothing more than a ceremonial head. Except 'God' is planning to kill Buhari if the win! undecided
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by hbrednic: 1:42pm On Feb 04, 2011
Bakare do your own thing,but just leave God out of this mess angry
He is a jealous God and will consume those who use his name in vain.be forewarned angry angry angry
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by totorimi: 1:50pm On Feb 04, 2011
So what will happen to his business latter rain
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Mobinga: 1:57pm On Feb 04, 2011
Bakare :: "God wanted me to run, not to win but lose" grin
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by ayubam: 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2011
Nsiman:

You can as well ask why God did not make Joseph a Pharao instead of prime minister as well as Daniel a King in babylon instead of minister. Arrogant children who lack common sense, Keep on suffering,
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2011
totorimi:

ROTFMLAO

Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by ayubam: 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2011
totorimi:

Which business have you ever started that succeed like his? Don't you want to make money like him? The Guy started Pastoring a church at your age o and you cannot boast of owning a successful business like his, Since we are all looking for money, start your own church and let's see how successful you can be,

You better go and work hard and make something good at of your life, else poverty will pounce on you like ,,
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by ayubam: 2:08pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ujujoan:

ROTFMLAO

So what's funny?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Did Not Build Any Refinery For Nigeria – Editorial | NewsDay Reporters / FG Hits Foreign Oil Firms With $20bn Taxes Owed To States And Government / Buhari To Visit Cameroon Over Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.