Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? (3932 Views)

Where Godswill Akpabio And Goodluck Johnathan Secretly Buy And Sell Off Houses / What Will Sell Off On Time This Season. / Raise Quick Cash - Sell Off Products Fast On Nigerians Online Stores... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Seun(m): 12:38am On Jun 15, 2007
Hello There,

Personally, I'd like to sell or give away the my old textbooks.
And some tools I never seem to use, if I can get a good price.
A Nigerian site like Ebay with lots of traffic would really bless me.

What about you?
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Caradona(f): 12:51am On Jun 15, 2007
I would like to sell the old diamond wedding ring my grandma gave me before she died. i don't plan getting married soon.
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by uspry1(f): 2:04am On Jun 15, 2007
I would like to sell OnLingo Learning Spanish two CDs, useless because it is audio CD. I bought it free with only $5 dollars shipping delivery cost. It values $60.00USD.

Take the program with you anywhere,

[list]
[li]Learn in your car![/li]
[li]On the move![/li]
[li]Review before your trip[/li]
[li]A great Reference Tool[/li]
[/list]

I did placed in Ebay site under Foreign Language or Audio-CD last year, no one bid to buy it. cry
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by mrofficial(m): 8:21am On Jun 15, 2007
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Seun(m): 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2007
So there's nobody here who might be interested in a site like Ebay? Wow, that's interesting! cheesy
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by daretayo(m): 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2007
Seun, I nigerian version of ebay might work, but you might have to adapt to our enviroment.
Delivery issues? Payment issues ? and all sorts. It might have to local in nature so that people can arrange to meet face to face or whatever. Payment can be arranged using whatsoever means are agreeable. In fact from there I see a true online payment service coming up in Nigeria. Maybe someone more like craiglist might be more like it.

just thinking out loud
shina
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by initiator(m): 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2007
@ seun of course am interested in a site like ebay for nig. But the modalities are quite challenging in this environment especially in terms of transport/payment systems. Whogobuy.com are trying but they're not doing enough in promotion/marketing etc. Its a doable project.
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by initiator(m): 12:53pm On Jun 15, 2007
@ seun of course am interested in a site like ebay for nig. But the modalities are quite challenging in this environment especially in terms of transport/payment systems. Whogobuy.com are trying but they're not doing enough in promotion/marketing etc. Its a doable project.
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by temmyabby(f): 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2007
undecided well if its allowed i'd like to sell my sister, shes a pest, lol jk
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by connkg(m): 2:28pm On Jun 15, 2007
Hello there? This is actually a very good small-scale industry if looked into. Actually, I plan to start-up a recycling company that would buy old or faulty equipment, appliances and machines - this is far better than abandoning them at roadside technicians' places. If these can be valued on the spot, there would be a lot of customers. Similar products could then be used to assemble one working one.
A feasibility study for this turned-up a lot of Police problems. A lawyer chap's lookn into that now. Don't worry, keep them, I'm coming. Nigeria's growing!
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by deor03(m): 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2007
I want to sell my wife's wedding gown.
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Boller: 4:54pm On Jun 15, 2007
Try www.karajakataja.com it is free and good.
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by bodeya(f): 5:08pm On Jun 15, 2007
true,my sis's wedding gown wld b a good starting point
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Seun(m): 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2007
Really? Wedding gowns? Why?
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by funkybaby(f): 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2007
you can blame them really. when the bride spends close to £700 pounds if not more (and probably exclusing accessories such as veil, shoes, etc) for just a day's event that wont be more than say 9hours.

for me, i will like to get rid of my Dell Latitude P3 laptop. the good thing that it has over 3,000 songs (various artists, new school, old school, gospel, name it).
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by debosky(m): 6:58pm On Jun 15, 2007
My CCM hockey skates, used them just a couple of times last winter, they are still in pristine condition, the blades don't even need sharpening

price? $50.00
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Naija4ward(m): 10:58pm On Jun 15, 2007
Seun, that is a good idea.  If you can put up Nigerian webdesigners and programmers for this project, I might be able to organise financiers.  Email me at Naijaforward@yahoo.com

When they finish the Nigeria Ebay I suggest we put these team on Nigeria's Search engine.
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Seun(m): 1:15am On Jun 16, 2007
Thanks for your interest. This is just a business I'm researching. Something that seems to be within my abilities.
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Seun(m): 8:06am On Jun 16, 2007
dearstan, how do you make money from your free auction website? From your own items, right?
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2007
i doubt it if a an auction site like ebay can work in Nigeria, payment and delivery issues are the major determinants of its success and these are not well developed in Nigeria, we can just have a site like gumtree.com which links sellers and buyers in a specific area together for easy transaction.
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Lotachi: 4:35pm On Jun 16, 2007
dearstan, how do you make money from your free auction website? From your own items, right? Huh

How did websites like Youtube, Gumtree, Google and others start and from where do you think they are getting their revenue? Even Ebay was completaly free in the beginning.

muyo2001:

i doubt it if a an auction site like ebay can work in Nigeria, payment and delivery issues are the major determinants of its success and these are not well developed in Nigeria, we can just have a site like gumtree.com which links sellers and buyers in a specific area together for easy transaction.

That is why we started 2Deal4Real.com. We are promoting Local Trading, buying and selling in person. Later when you have found reliable business contact, you might think of payment of goods in advance, before receiving. Like me, I am residing in Holland. Anyone in Nigeria who might be interested to buy something from me, can contact me. I will bring my prospective buyer in contact with my contacts in Owerri and/or Lagos. Or maybe my prospective buyer has a reliable contact in Holland or another country close.

My personal opinion is, first thing is that we have an open mind for all these sites that are comming up these days. And secondly use common sense!!! Ofcourse take caution, but also don't be paranoid. If registration is free, and ad placement is free how on earth can a website scam you? Some people seems to believe once you have placed an ad on the net, you will be scammed under 10 secs.

Don't pay a person without seeing the goods (unless you can pay with paypal), don't accept cheques. I don't know about other sites, but 2Deal4Real gives some advice on how to go about buying and selling on their site.

We are advertising 2Deal4Real on Nairaland, on some mayor newspaper websites through google and soon on Vanguard with a banner. We are spreading flyers here in the Netherlands (to Nigerians ofcourse wink ) and very soon we will distribute them in Nigeria, starting off in Lagos and Imo State.

Anyone interested in becomming a distibutor? grin
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Obodo5(m): 9:15am On Jun 17, 2007
Check out the (hand) tools, sunclasses, perfumes and more I am having for sale! Very cheap prices, especially when you are buying them in large quantity.
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Seun(m): 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2007
How did websites like Youtube, Gumtree, Google and others start and from where do you think they are getting their revenue? Even Ebay was completely free in the beginning.
Why don't you just answer the question? It's not my fault that your business model is shaky. Just kidding! grin
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by dearstan(m): 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2007
Seun:

dearstan, how do you make money from your free auction website? From your own items, right?
Basically its a free thing and lets just say i have a large heart and dont intend making money from it grin
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by benny0147: 6:40pm On Jun 17, 2007
please friends help me with Nigerians International Passport website as i have asked and they say they now register it online. thanks
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Lotachi: 6:42pm On Jun 17, 2007
Thanks for your compliment Seun

Personally, I'd like to sell or give away the my old textbooks.
And some tools I never seem to use, if I can get a good price.

Just put them for sale or give away on 2Deal4Real!

All though we dont have as much traffic as EBAY jet!!! tongue
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Okeamu1(m): 2:05am On Jun 18, 2007
I want to sell a brand new laptop from compaq, I have two so i want to sell one, $800 USD for a laptop purchased for 2100, not bad
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Seun(m): 7:52am On Jun 18, 2007
What are the specs of your computer? Go to the technology market to post that.
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by oje(m): 4:15pm On Jun 18, 2007
Hi guys,

My wife just got a company car less than a year after she bought her Golf 3 (Tokumbo). Now we have no use for the Golf, so we have put it on sale for 385k.
Anybody interested can call me on 08035205333 (Frank).
the Navy blue Golf in good working condition, with alloy wheel, A/C Car stereo is available for inspection at Bakery area (olatuji Onimole str.) at Aguda.
Thank you.
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by doncaster(m): 4:22pm On Jun 18, 2007
i have salon equipments for sale at a very good price contact me on 08036674893 its in PH
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Obodo5(m): 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2007
;d
Re: Any Possessions You Like To Sell Off? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 18, 2007
none

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost To Ship A Laptop Frm US? / Is Yelgold.net A Scam / Chrisvic Nairaland Customer Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.