Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,507 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:49 PM

Hackers Target Facebook Users. Pls Be Warned - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hackers Target Facebook Users. Pls Be Warned (1714 Views)

10 Unexpected Statistics And Facts About Facebook Users / Paypal Scammer – Abayomi Aje Be Warned! / Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hackers Target Facebook Users. Pls Be Warned by prily434: 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2011
Hello and happy newyear to all folks that appreciate my post.

Today, i am not scaring anybody but to inform nigerians, about the latest hacking trends used by high level computer hackers today and there target is basically nigerians. If you are interested about knowing this new trick,then read on -

What most people dont know is that, an hacker just looks for a flaw in a system be it a computer or a website. But due to the sophistication of some antivirus software,hacking into computers directly as been limited but today, hackers have found the weakest flaw in a system that is mostly used by nigerians. The system i talk about here is facebook FACEBOOK.

Many people dont know that,there is a big flaw on facebook and this is what i want people to know.
Most times, many people view pictures of there friends and sometimes view funny pictures they see on their facebook page.

HOW THE HACKER EXPLOITS THIS FLAW.
Most hackers, will attach a sophisticated program called a RAT ( Remote Administration Tool) to a funny picture and they will upload it on facebook and the funniest thing that makes facebook vulnerable is because,it is built in C# and C# is a programming language that remote execution works for perfectly. Now, the hacker believes that, most times, ordinary people will want to click and view funny pictures but they dont know they are clicking hell that can send there bank accounts or security to early grave. Once a RAT is attached to a picture and the hacker uploads it on his or her facebook page.If anybody clicks it,the RAT software will automatically affect the PC/LAPTOP or PHONE that you use to view that picture. From that moment,all what you do on that PC will be monitored by the RAT software and once the hacker sees a valid thing he needs from your PC, then he launches an attack. Most times,hackers are out there to steal your login passwords or your bank details because,the hacker can now monitor all the keystrokes and things u do on your PC. Sorry to say this,the most powerful antivirus software can never detect a powerful RAT software like the 66SPYBOT RAT. So, be warned and never open just any picture on your wall or page. It is sad to hear but the truth is this, i know some hackers that have shown me over 77000 passwords of different facebook users and they also have over thousands of yahoo passwords of other people. so,u never know whether an hacker has your password ot not but u only know when u are hacked badly.

For people who wants to know the type of pics they attach RAT too, i will describe three pics on facebook that as RAT in it

1.) Late last year, there was a funny picture that spread on facebook where a guy was doing his prayer on a transformer. That particular picture as been used by hacker and they have RAT attached to it. so,if u have ever viewed that picture b4 on your personal PC/LAPTOP, i am sorry, your computer security might have been compromised and monitored by the hacker till date.

2.) Early this year and late last year, there was a funny picture of four traffic officials on a motorcycle. on that bike, there was a lastma,police man,road safety and traffic warder on the bike. from my experience after checking pics rank on alexanda website,i noticed that picture as been clicked for over 744,000 thousand times by local and intl people. if u have clicked this sets of picture, i definetly know that your computer as been compromised.
just to name a few. what i am saying here is that, never click on pictures anyhow because,if a hacker wants to target u,he can download one of your friends picture and attach a RAT to it and it will show on your profile page.if u then click it,then u are in for it.

I HOPE U HAVE LEARNT FROM THIS AND DONT JUST TAG OR LIKE OR VIEW A PICTURE ANYHOW. BE CAREFUL. FOR THOSE WHO WANTS TO KNOW MORE ON THE PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE TO NOT ENTER BIG TROUBLES, FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ANY QUESTION AND I WILL ANSWER U.
MY NAME IS STILL PRILY JOHNSON.
Re: Hackers Target Facebook Users. Pls Be Warned by Abakeade: 11:16am On Feb 07, 2011
How do we know if a pix has been RAT tagged? Any telltale sign? What signs do we look for?
Re: Hackers Target Facebook Users. Pls Be Warned by chinedumo(m): 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2011
so what is the security measure to prevent this?

Dont click on a funny pix?

the new facebook pix format might filter this out

(1) (Reply)

Vector For PC Download Or Vector For Computer (windows 7/8/XP) / Latest Free Browsing For Glo (oct. 2013)!!! / Why You Should Learn Microsoft Excel, Access And Powerpoint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.