Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,734 members, 7,806,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

In Your Words: What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Your Words: What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship? (1608 Views)

See The Difference Between Dating A Boy And Dating A Man / Dating And Courtship What's The Difference / What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Your Words: What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship? by 49cents(m): 9:12pm On Feb 05, 2011
Re: In Your Words: What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship? by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 06, 2011
In the contemporary babes lingo:

Dating = Phucking.
Courtship = Serious relationship.

Geddit?
Re: In Your Words: What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship? by InkedNerd(f): 11:18am On Feb 06, 2011
Richfella:

In the contemporary babes lingo:

Dating = Phucking.
Courtship = Serious relationship.

Geddit?

Dating doesn't mean f**king. Dating does not equate s.ex. Anyone can have date and not have s.ex.

@OP: Both terms by modern day standards can at times go hand in hand. When you court someone you seek the affection of that individual usually with the intention if marriage. When you date someone you may not necessarily want to marry that person but it could eventually lead to marriage. Because you are dating someone doesn't mean that the relationship isn't serious.
Re: In Your Words: What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship? by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 06, 2011
A lota guys hide unda courtin a gal n in dia heart of heart dey r casualy datin d gal wida aim of slipin wit ha
Re: In Your Words: What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship? by Areaboy2(m): 11:50am On Feb 06, 2011
you guys amaze me. spending a lot of time trying to understand what courtship, dating, and so on is. Leave it to the girls to worry about that.

All i want to know is are you single or not! period! undecided
Re: In Your Words: What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship? by InkedNerd(f): 11:51am On Feb 06, 2011
Area_boy:

you guys amaze me. spending a lot of time trying to understand what courtship, dating, and so on is. Leave it to the girls to worry about that.

All i want to know is are you single or not! period! undecided

I'm single wink kiss
Re: In Your Words: What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship? by iice(f): 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2011
Dating: In a defined relationship of bf/gf. Regular outings together
Courtship: Seeking favor. Wooing someone to go out/steady with you or to be your gf/bf. Similar toasting but has alot to do with going over with gifts or visiting whilst parents are there. Usually parents have to give consent.

That was in the days of my grandparents. . .still common in certain parts of the world
Re: In Your Words: What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship? by spikesC(m): 1:14pm On Feb 06, 2011
This is what women should be worrying about,not men. for me,i have a lot of things to do than thinking about such things
Re: In Your Words: What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship? by Areaboy2(m): 1:31pm On Feb 06, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I'm single wink kiss

hey Ink. its been ages =) how u been hun?
Re: In Your Words: What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship? by InkedNerd(f): 1:42pm On Feb 06, 2011
Area_boy:

hey Ink. its been ages =) how u been hun?

I'm good, I've been with some things. How about you? What's new?
Re: In Your Words: What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 06, 2011
Courtship : possibility that things can go further than the initial stages. Couples use this stage to "feel each other out".

Dating : Can be s3xual in nature or just a companionship with no ties or holds.

. . . . I think.  undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Should I Tell Him / ... / . Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.