Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,827 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh (1700 Views)

Newborn Baby Boy Found Inside Toilet Bin On Plane As Mum Is Arrested / Fahim Saleh's Body Evacuated From His Home In New York (video) / Girl Who Refused To Refund Man After He Mistakenly Sent N950k Is Arrested. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by BrutalLafamilia: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2020
Mr. Saleh, 33, was found dismembered and decapitated inside his Manhattan apartment.

The personal assistant of a young tech entrepreneur who was found decapitated and dismembered in his Manhattan apartment this week was arrested early on Friday and is expected to be charged in the grisly killing, according to two officials briefed on the matter.

The entrepreneur, Fahim Saleh, 33, was discovered dead on Tuesday afternoon by his sister inside his $2.25 million condo in a luxury building on the Lower East Side, the police said. She had gone to check in on him after not hearing from him for about a day.

She found a gruesome scene: Mr. Saleh’s head and limbs had been removed, and parts of his body had been placed in large plastic bags. An electric saw was still plugged in nearby.

The personal assistant, Tyrese Devon Haspil, 21, was expected to be charged in a criminal complaint with second degree murder and other crimes.

Detectives believe that the motive for the killing stemmed from Mr. Saleh having discovered that the assistant had stolen tens of thousands of dollars from him, despite the fact that Mr. Saleh had not reported the man and had set up what amounted to a repayment plan for him to return the money, one of the officials said.

The police were expected to announce the arrest at a news conference later Friday.

Investigators have also concluded that Mr. Saleh was killed on Monday, the day before his body was found, and that the killer returned the next day to Mr. Saleh’s apartment on East Houston Street to dismember the body and clean up the crime scene.

Detectives believe that the killer, dressed in a black three-piece suit, white shirt and tie, wearing a black mask and carrying a duffle bag, followed Mr. Saleh off an elevator in his building and into his apartment, a law enforcement official said. He used a Taser to immobilize Mr. Saleh and then stabbed him to death.

Security video taken from inside the elevator shows the killer later using a battery-operated portable vacuum cleaner in an apparent effort to remove any traces of his presence, the official said.

New York City’s medical examiner announced on Thursday that Mr. Saleh had died from multiple stab wounds to his neck and torso. Initially, a law enforcement official had described the killing as a “hit” and said it looked “like a professional job.”

Detectives investigating the murder believe the killer’s work dismembering the body was interrupted when Mr. Saleh’s sister buzzed from the building’s lobby, another official said, prompting him to flee through the apartment’s back door and into a stairwell before the sister arrived.

Mr. Saleh’s family said in a statement on Wednesday that the gruesome killing was so shocking it was unfathomable.

“Fahim is more than what you are reading,” the family said. “He is so much more. His brilliant and innovative mind took everyone who was a part of his world on a journey and he made sure never to leave anyone behind.”

Mr. Saleh was born in Saudi Arabia to Bangladeshi parents who eventually settled near Poughkeepsie, N.Y., a small city on the Hudson River.

After graduating from Bentley University in Waltham, Mass., in 2009, he built an app called PrankDial that allowed users to send prerecorded prank calls. Mr. Saleh said he eventually built PrankDial into a $10 million business.

Mr. Saleh went on to found Pathao, a motorcycle ride-sharing start-up in Bangladesh. He left that company in 2018 to begin a similar venture in Nigeria, an app known as Gokada.

At the time of his death, Mr. Saleh was the chief executive of Gokada and oversaw a shift in its business during a turbulent time. In February, Nigerian officials began enforcing a ban on motorcycle taxis in major commercial and residential parts of the country’s largest city, Lagos.

Gokada was forced to halt its ride-hailing business and laid workers off, but Mr. Saleh pivoted the company to focus on food and parcel delivery and business logistics.

“Fahim’s passion for Nigeria and its youth was immeasurable,” Gokada said in a statement. “He believed young Nigerians were extremely bright and talented individuals who would flourish if just given the right opportunity.”

Mr. Saleh was also the founding partner in a Manhattan-based venture capital fund, Adventure Capital, that invested in similar transit start-ups in Colombia and Bangladesh.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/17/nyregion/fahim-saleh-murder-arrest-tyrese-devon-haspil.html#click=https:///69lNJXawvq

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by johnykgoal: 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2020
good
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by 007sledge: 3:10pm On Jul 17, 2020
angry angry angry
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by EngineerBode: 3:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
There are debtors who would rather kill the person they owe than pay the money. Wicked people

3 Likes

Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by espn(m): 3:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
Watsed TALENT...ENTREPRENEUR...FUTURE LEADER

1 Like

Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by Clonepops(m): 3:22pm On Jul 17, 2020
Wow..
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by Makavelli25: 3:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by donbachi(m): 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
A man's enemy is always in his circle.

1 Like

Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by APCHaram: 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2020
More to this.

I believe the killer was not just a housekeeper or personal assistant but a gay lover.

What will connect an educated first generation migrant to engage with a nigger?

Immigrants into the US including Africans know very well without being told to avoid the black American like a plague.

This was a jilted gay lover displaying their demonic possession.
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by TooMuchStuff: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
Enemies everywhere u go....!

God save us from Frenemies...!
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by LuQuLuQu(m): 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2020
Just like that...! Na who know person dey kill am!

Fare thee well young man... RIP sir!

1 Like

Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by Mayng01(m): 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2020
Jesus wept
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by Golan007: 4:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
APCHaram:
More to this.

I believe the killer was not just a housekeeper or personal assistant but a gay lover.

What will connect an educated first generation migrant to engage with a nigger?

Immigrants into the US including Africans know very well without being told to avoid the black American like a plague.

This was a jilted gay lover displaying their demonic possession.

Eh, Sherlock, where was it written that the PA is black?

Modified:

Tyrese.

Straight giveaway.

1 Like

Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 17, 2020
Mscheew human beings
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by APCHaram: 4:25pm On Jul 17, 2020
Golan007:

Eh, Sherlock, where was it written that the PA is black?

Modified:

Tyrese.

Straight giveaway.

Google image will assist you.

Both Tyrese and the deceased are gay as Bleep.

This was no charitable relationship but a gay one gone really bad.
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by OUTLAWwizard: 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2020

The heart of man is evil above all things, and desperately wicked. May we never encounter such in all ramifications of our lives.
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by Golan007: 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2020
APCHaram:

Google image will assist you.

Both Tyrese and the deceased are gay as Bleep.

This was no charitable relationship but a gay one gone really bad.

You don't know that.

May well be an employee with sticky fingers.

1 Like

Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by APCHaram: 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2020
Golan007:

You don't know that.

More like a gay nigger bf who stole his sh!t but rather than cut him off, the bang-ass could not afford losing his BBC so he kept him on as a sex slave to pay off what the nigger stole
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by APCHaram: 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
Golan007:

You don't know that.

The Jew York woke times broke this story and I am not surprised they are deliberately pushing a platonic charitable relationship because it will be bad optics to have a gay black man and a thief to boot as the main suspect.

De Blassio will probably have the DA drop murder charges for 3rd degree manslaughter and later pardon him on the condition he joins the gay communists at BLM to continue their woke activism.
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by Golan007: 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
APCHaram:

More like a gay nigger bf who stole his sh!t but rather than cut him off, the bang-ass could not afford losing his BBC so he kept him on as a sex slave to pay off what the nigger stole

Not necessarily.

Saleh, seemed to be one who liked to empower people of colour.

Making every black man to be some kind of being that should be avoided seems to be your agenda.

Making every case of male to male assistance as being some kind of gay relationship is silly.

1 Like

Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by APCHaram: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2020
Golan007:

Not necessarily.

Saleh, seemed to be one who liked to empower people of colour.

Making every black man to be some kind of being that should be avoided seems to be your agenda.

Making every case of male to male assistance as being some kind of gay relationship is silly.

He was addicted to BBC.

He was no charitable person but a gay prowler taking advantage of poor black men.
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by Golan007: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
APCHaram:

The Jew York woke times broke this story and I am not surprised they are deliberately pushing a platonic charitable relationship because it will be bad optics to have a gay black man and a thief to boot as the main suspect.

De Blassio will probably have the DA drop murder charges for 3rd degree manslaughter and later pardon him on the condition he joins the gay communists at BLM to continue their woke activism.

I see where you are going with this.

Truly Nairaland has been infiltrated.

Are you black?

Very much doubt it.

1 Like

Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by APCHaram: 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2020
Golan007:

Are you black?

Very much doubt it.

Here we go again.

If I don't support a political party I am either Afonja or a Biastard.

You are so into identity politics without knowing who or what is behind BLM.

Have you read their manifesto ?

Go and read it for yourself and see how their goals are to promote homosexuality, destroy the family unity and usher in a Marxist govt in the US.

You idiots will just run with every and any useless woke activism without knowing who is behind them and what their agenda is.

BLM has nothing to do with black emancipation as the niggers in America are not under any form of oppression or segregation.

Maybe when you visit the US, you will see why every Nigerian avoids these niggers.

I
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by APCHaram: 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2020
Golan007:

Are you black?

Very much doubt it.

Can you explain to me why as a Nigerian I must blindly support and endorse the triotous thugs in BLM who are burning down their cities ?

You fool

So I am not a Nigerian or black because I don't support BLM or ANTIFA or Hilary or Biden or that faggit Obama.
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by Mpanyi: 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
EngineerBode:
There are debtors who would rather kill the person they owe than pay the money. Wicked people

Many of them my dear.
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by Shortbreadkah: 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2020
cool
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by Golan007: 5:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
APCHaram:

Can you explain to me why as a Nigerian I must blindly support and endorse the triotous thugs in BLM who are burning down their cities ?

You fool

So I am not a Nigerian or black because I don't support BLM or ANTIFA or Hilary or Biden or that faggit Obama.

Check your sanity.

How we moved from a murder case with very little facts on ground to BLM, ANtifah, Biden or calling Obama gay lacks rationality or even sanity.

Seek help.

2 Likes

Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by APCHaram: 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
Golan007:

Check your sanity.

How we moved from a murder case with very little facts on ground to BLM, ANtifah, Biden or calling Obama gay lacks rationality or even sanity.

Get help.

Check your virtue signalling

You are the one that accused me of being a white supremacists for stating that the Jew York Times is hiding the identity of the killer and his relationship to the victim.

And from there you accused me of being a white supremacists who has ""infiltrated nairaland".

Check yourself.

All this because I pointed out that the killer was a rented dild0 to the rightfully disposed off victim.
Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by Golan007: 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
APCHaram:

Check your virtue signalling

You are the one that accused me of being a white supremacists for stating that the Jew York Times is hiding the identity of the killer and his relationship to the victim.

And from there you accused me of being a white supremacists who has ""infiltrated nairaland".

Check yourself.

All this because I pointed out that the killer was a rented dild0 to the rightfully disposed off victim.

Sharap.

You must assume everyone is a donkey like yourself.

Where is the evidence either is gay?

Let me guess, none.

Where is the evidence NY Times and the various news media are hiding such "facts"?

NONE.

Instantly, you.made it a case of media trying to make it a BLM matter when nothing, absolutely nothing suggests such.

YES, only a racist uses such terms freely without a scintila of evidence, link or reportage.

Donkey, you need stick and carrot.

Most definitely need a stick for your empty head.

2 Likes

Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by Hedonisco: 5:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
Oh, so the poor dude was allegedly involved in a gay entanglement? Well.

Now it makes sense. This kind of murder had all the signs of something intensely personal. Compare it to the crazy fellow who cut his wife into pieces and then drank a belly full of sniper in Lekki a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: Suspect Is Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh by APCHaram: 5:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
Golan007:

Sharap.

You must assume everyone is a donkey like yourself.

Where is the evidence either is gay?

Let me guess, none.

Where is the evidence NY Times and the various news media are hiding such "facts"?

NONE.

Instantly, you.made it a case of media trying to make it a BLM matter when nothing, absolutely nothing suggests such.

YES, only a racist uses such terms freely without a scintila of evidence, link or reportage.

Donkey, you need stick and carrot.

Most definitely need a stick for your empty head.

Motherfucker took a feral nigger off the streets into his swanky apartment and when said feral nigger stole from him, he did not call the cops but still retained him for BBC service in lieu of stolen money.

If you don't have any use of that empty brain donate it to scientific research where it could be transplanted into an ape.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Confesses That He Killed His Girlfriend And Sold Her Head For N20000 / Ubah’s Aide Narrates How The Senator Escaped Assassination Attempt, Reveals Name / They shoot his throat Blackaxe Vs Eiye In South Africa VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.