Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) (2370 Views)

Visa Lottery Winner, Other Arrested Over Scam Marriage / US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by 9janerd1: 9:03am On Feb 06, 2011
The US DV visa a.k.a visa lottery is something that many Nigerian's crave and hustle for , There are very many questions and unclear points about the process.
i hope we can find ways to help each other through it .
Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by 9janerd1: 9:07am On Feb 06, 2011
question 1.
i applied for the DV lottery against 2012 which is also the year i plan to do a Masters in the US . the question is 1. once i apply to the school and get admission and hopefully also win the lottery , would i get still need to apply for an F-1 visa ? and 2. would my school fees still be as that of an international student ?
Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by fstranger6: 9:27am On Feb 06, 2011
9janerd1:

question 1.
i applied for the DV lottery against 2012 which is also the year i plan to do a Masters in the US . the question is 1. once i apply to the school and get admission and hopefully also win the lottery , would i get still need to apply for an F-1 visa ? and 2. would my school fees still be as that of an international student ?

First of all, two impossible things dont happen at once

It will take a seismic shift in the heavenly bodies for you to achieve such feats at the same time

So this proposal is dead on arrival

You will either with the lottery or get accepted into a school, but not both at the same time!

1 Like

Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by 9janerd1: 9:31am On Feb 06, 2011
wise guy how does that answer my question ?? i did my undergrad in a good skl and wiv a good CGPA , have a research project ! so trust me getting into skl is the tiniest thing on my mind .
that said . DO YOU HAVE AN ANSWER OR NOT ! i have no time to quibble angry
Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by Abayomin70(m): 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2011
@all pls help a friend i heard in d radio today dat
result of america visa lottery is out and a
friend of mine just receive a message in is
mail dat he as won pls how is he to know
may be he as truly won bacause make him
no start to dey happy too much plls help
Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by anfanio: 6:08pm On Feb 06, 2011
DV-2012 Entry Status Check: You may check the status of your DV-2012 Lottery entry on or after May 1, 2011 at http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.
Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by anfanio: 6:13pm On Feb 06, 2011
9janerd1,
If you won the lottery you will pay tuition as a resident in whatever state you live in, but if you got F-1 you pay international student tuition.
Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by justwise(m): 7:09pm On Feb 06, 2011
Abayomin70:

@all pls help a friend i heard in d radio today dat
result of america visa lottery is out and a
friend of mine just receive a message in is
mail dat he as won
pls how is he to know
may be he as truly won bacause make him
no start to dey happy too much plls help

Ur friend should be careful, that could be scam, do they ask him to call a number in that email?
Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by Abayomin70(m): 2:29am On Feb 13, 2011
justwise:

your friend should be careful, that could be scam, do they ask him to call a number in that email?
they sent him a message in is yahoo mail dat d america embassy will contact him personally dat they av nofin less to discus with him
Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by justwise(m): 8:53am On Feb 13, 2011
Abayomin70:

they sent him a message in is yahoo mail dat d america embassy will contact him personally dat they av nofin less to discus with him

Ok, in that case, he should wait for the letter to arrive in from the embassy b4 taking futher step.
Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by Temayo: 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2011
justwise:

Ok, in that case, he should wait for the letter to arrive in from the embassy b4 taking futher step.
I guess it is a scam 'cos even me that did not apply was sent the mail. So you friend has to be careful. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by justwise(m): 1:04pm On Feb 13, 2011
Temayo:

I guess it is a scam 'cos even me that did not apply was sent the mail. So you friend has to be careful. A word is enough for the wise.

That was my initial feeling but then again since the email stated that the USA embassy will send him a letter then he has to wait untill the letter comes, he will be able to verify it. That is ONLY if he entered the visa lottery.
Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by leonaidas(m): 4:29am On Feb 15, 2011
@OP, nice thread! do u have any idea about the processing fee? i.e interview and other things
Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by Select(m): 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2011
9janerd1:

The US DV visa a.k.a visa lottery is something that many Nigerian's crave and hustle for , There are very many questions and unclear points about the process.
i hope we can find ways to help each other through it .

U can go to http://forums.immigration.com for further information and experiences of past winners.
Results can only be checked online from the 1st of May by going to the official dv lottery website as advised by Anfanio in his last post.
Cheers!
Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by deluckiest(m): 9:42pm On Feb 20, 2011
Got the same message from scammers. Hahahahaah, scam, u can only check online from 1st of May. PERIOD
Re: Questions About Us Visa Lottery (dv Visa ) by seguno2: 11:58am On May 06, 2011
What are the steps for those who win the DV lottery?
How long does each step take and when will one get the actual immigrant visa?
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Guyana / Appreciation For Departing VO / Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.