Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Igbos In Opc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos In Opc (7566 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm Again, Kill OPC Security Guard / Some Revealing Pictures In OPC Rally In Lagos / Threats: Ohanaeze, MASSOB, OPC Back Nigerdelta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos In Opc by aljharem(m): 2:33pm On Feb 06, 2011
Today one of my friends in lagos told me about some igbos in lagos that have join OPC. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

To the yorubas and igbos on this forum, what do you think about that ?
Re: Igbos In Opc by seanet02: 2:45pm On Feb 06, 2011
Illogical Ranting. Ibos will never be allowed to Join ODUA PEOPLES CONGRESS. We are not interested in selling our Heritage like Massob did by dropping their Agitation because of GEJ hard currency. Thank you, go and join Bakassi Peoples Congress or Bakassi Boys!!! Whichever your destiny picks.
Re: Igbos In Opc by Afam4eva(m): 2:47pm On Feb 06, 2011
The MUMU don come again.  Na lie go kill you. Why will an Igbo person want to join OPC.
Re: Igbos In Opc by aljharem(m): 3:08pm On Feb 06, 2011
seanet02:

Illogical Ranting. Ibos will never be allowed to Join ODUA PEOPLES CONGRESS. We are not interested in selling our Heritage like Massob did by dropping their Agitation because of GEJ hard currency. Thank you, go and join Bakassi Peoples Congress or Bakassi Boys!!! Whichever your destiny picks.

afam4eva:

The MUMU don come again.  Na lie go kill you. Why will an Igbo person want to join OPC.

and why can't an igbo man join OPC, if he has lived there all his life and he his now an indigene like you aways claim, why can't he join OPC

just like the head of awera was a yoruba man at once
Re: Igbos In Opc by Afam4eva(m): 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2011
alj harem:

and why can't an igbo man join OPC, if he has lived there all his life and he his now an indigene like you aways claim, why can't he join OPC

just like the head of awera was a yoruba man at once

Abeg commot. You complain about an Igbo person being governor but you want him to join OPC.
Re: Igbos In Opc by Abagworo(m): 3:11pm On Feb 06, 2011
Alj Harem is very right.I know some Igbos in OPC.The truth is that people refer to Vigilante groups in Lagos as OPC which is quite different from the real OPC.It is more appropriate to claim that there are some Igbo members in the Lagos Vigilante.
Re: Igbos In Opc by jason123: 3:14pm On Feb 06, 2011
seanet02:

You are not serious.

@ Topic

I also heard that once but was not sure. Well, how does it affect anything
Re: Igbos In Opc by Afam4eva(m): 3:15pm On Feb 06, 2011
Abagworo:

Alj Harem is very right.I know some Igbos in OPC.The truth is that people refer to Vigilante groups in Lagos as OPC which is quite different from the real OPC.It is more appropriate to claim that there are some Igbo members in the Lagos Vigilante.

Lagos vigilante is different from OPC.
Re: Igbos In Opc by aljharem(m): 3:16pm On Feb 06, 2011
Abagworo:

i know, but i think most vigilante groups in lagos have connection to OPC one form or the other

when i was in lagos, the street i was living in was protected by some vigilante groups some with igbo origin and they claim to be connected to OPC. undecided
Re: Igbos In Opc by jason123: 3:16pm On Feb 06, 2011
afam4eva:

http://allafrica.com/stories/199912010226.html

OPC, Igbos Form Alliance
Lagos — The Oodua People's Congress (OPC) and the Igbo residents in Lagos have formed an alliance.

The alliance which was brokered between the Dr. Frederick Fasehun- led OPC and the Igbo People's Congress (IPC) headed by Mr. Nwankwo Nwaezigwe is meant to cement unity, mutual co-operation and understanding between the Yoruba and Igbo residents of Lagos.
Re: Igbos In Opc by ChinenyeN(m): 3:17pm On Feb 06, 2011
afam4eva:

Abagworo:

Re: Igbos In Opc by aljharem(m): 3:20pm On Feb 06, 2011
afam4eva:

you really do not know what you are talking about, how many years have you spent in lagos that you are saying trash

jason123:

http://allafrica.com/stories/199912010226.html

OPC, Igbos Form Alliance
Lagos — The Oodua People's Congress (OPC) and the Igbo residents in Lagos have formed an alliance.

The alliance which was brokered between the Dr. Frederick Fasehun- led OPC and the Igbo People's Congress (IPC) headed by Mr. Nwankwo Nwaezigwe is meant to cement unity, mutual co-operation and understanding between the Yoruba and Igbo residents of Lagos.

thank you jason

but there are igbos in OPC that joined willingly without this fasehun union

they are actually in OPC willingly
Re: Igbos In Opc by jason123: 3:20pm On Feb 06, 2011
http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/13335/1/History-is-not-the-study-of-the-past/Page1.html

Dr. Nwankwo Tony Nwaezeigwe, a Senior Rersearch Fellow and Lecturer at the Institute of African Studies, University of Nigeria Nsukka founded the Igbo Peoples Congress in 1998. In this interview with Edozie Udeze and Joe Agbro Jr., he reiterated amongst other issues a need for  forging better relationship between Igbos and Yorubas

by Edozie Udeze
You are for the integration of Yoruba/Igbo relationship. What informed that?

During 1999 and 2001, I brokered confrontations between the Igbos and the Yorubas in Lagos. I signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Oduduwa Peoples Congress (OPC) and throughout the crisis between the OPC and Ijaws, the OPC and Hausas here in Lagos and the nation at large, we co-operated fervently. And I can say that I am an associate member of Odududwa Peoples Congress, OPC. They have taken me as a good friend, as a representative of the good rapport between the Igbos and the Yorubas. And through me, the OPC intervened in Yoruba/Igbo fracas in Lagos. We settled the matter at Apapa Wharf, Alaba Market, and other places. And since then, I found that the Igbos and Yorubas have been co-operating. We did it because we felt that we are under siege by the north, both politically, economically, and otherwise. If Yorubas and Igbos continue to divide themselves out of petty rivalry, then we are nowhere. It was my own move with OPC that prompted Ohaneze to go and make a move to Afenifere. But when I started, my Igbo brothers were accusing me as a sell-out, a saboteur. I said, look, you cannot tell me that it is fruitless to dialogue with Yoruba people. Eighty percent of the Igbo man’s business worldwide is situated in Yorubaland, especially Lagos. So, economic-wise, you have advantage of being at peace with them. If you go to Niger Bridge, go to Ninth Mile - the two gateways of the East to outer worlds, look at the vehicles that leave Niger Bridge to West and compare to the vehicles that leave Obulafor to the North. Nnamdi Azikiwe developed his political life here in Yorubaland before he moved to the east. So, you find out that we have every reason to work together.
Re: Igbos In Opc by aljharem(m): 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2011
jason123:

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/13335/1/History-is-not-the-study-of-the-past/Page1.html

Dr. Nwankwo Tony Nwaezeigwe, a Senior Rersearch Fellow and Lecturer at the Institute of African Studies, University of Nigeria Nsukka founded the Igbo Peoples Congress in 1998. In this interview with Edozie Udeze and Joe Agbro Jr., he reiterated amongst other issues a need for  forging better relationship between Igbos and Yorubas

by Edozie Udeze
You are for the integration of Yoruba/Igbo relationship. What informed that?

During 1999 and 2001, I brokered confrontations between the Igbos and the Yorubas in Lagos. I signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Oduduwa Peoples Congress (OPC) and throughout the crisis between the OPC and Ijaws, the OPC and Hausas here in Lagos and the nation at large, we co-operated fervently. And I can say that I am an associate member of Odududwa Peoples Congress, OPC. They have taken me as a good friend, as a representative of the good rapport between the Igbos and the Yorubas. And through me, the OPC intervened in Yoruba/Igbo fracas in Lagos. We settled the matter at Apapa Wharf, Alaba Market, and other places. And since then, I found that the Igbos and Yorubas have been co-operating. We did it because we felt that we are under siege by the north, both politically, economically, and otherwise. If Yorubas and Igbos continue to divide themselves out of petty rivalry, then we are nowhere. It was my own move with OPC that prompted Ohaneze to go and make a move to Afenifere. But when I started, my Igbo brothers were accusing me as a sell-out, a saboteur. I said, look, you cannot tell me that it is fruitless to dialogue with Yoruba people. Eighty percent of the Igbo man’s business worldwide is situated in Yorubaland, especially Lagos. So, economic-wise, you have advantage of being at peace with them. If you go to Niger Bridge, go to Ninth Mile - the two gateways of the East to outer worlds, look at the vehicles that leave Niger Bridge to West and compare to the vehicles that leave Obulafor to the North. Nnamdi Azikiwe developed his political life here in Yorubaland before he moved to the east. So, you find out that we have every reason to work together.

and that's a sensable ,man

unlike people like afam that are daft and never do research before posting trash
Re: Igbos In Opc by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 06, 2011
Only good ibos should be allowed,frustrated ones should not be admitted. grin
Re: Igbos In Opc by seanet02: 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2011
@jason, you dey kolo, na by force? They can be part of the Vigilante groups but as OPC! Capital No.
Re: Igbos In Opc by aljharem(m): 3:39pm On Feb 06, 2011
~Bluetooth:

gbamm, i agree on that grin

well i am not frustrated
Re: Igbos In Opc by jason123: 3:40pm On Feb 06, 2011
~Bluetooth:

+1000! grin

seanet02:

@jason, you dey kolo, na by force? They can be part of the Vigilante groups but as OPC! Capital No.

Well, you do not decide who joins, do you?
Re: Igbos In Opc by seanet02: 3:54pm On Feb 06, 2011
If you allow them, one day you will wake up and see them agitating to be the new Oni of Ife.
Re: Igbos In Opc by aljharem(m): 3:58pm On Feb 06, 2011
seanet02:

If you allow them, one day you will wake up and see them agitating to be the new Oni of Ife.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :

ooohhoo now you see what i am saying, mumu tinubu and fashola put igbo commissioners in lagos as if there are no better yoruba men and women in other yoruba state if not lagos undecided but i think the igbo commissioner as i had speaks very good yoruba even better than yours and bluetooth

and i also heard he supports afenifere and other yoruba groups undecided
Re: Igbos In Opc by seanet02: 4:13pm On Feb 06, 2011
@almajrem, you are not serious. Ibos speaks YORUBA better than me. Odengozi
Re: Igbos In Opc by aljharem(m): 4:16pm On Feb 06, 2011
seanet02:

@almajrem, you are not serious. Ibos speaks YORUBA better than me. Odengozi

i tell u, u will be surprise wink
Re: Igbos In Opc by seanet02: 4:21pm On Feb 06, 2011
Na suprise jare Mr. Odechukwu
Re: Igbos In Opc by aljharem(m): 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2011
seanet02:

Na suprisesurprise jare Mr. Odechukwu

ode in yoruba means = fool or idi.ot

chukwu in igbo means GOD or ALLAH

so you better know what you are talking about undecided
Re: Igbos In Opc by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 06, 2011
seanet02:

honestly,i doubt the possibility of this assumption.the best thing is to show them that they are admitted by privilege and not a right. grin
Re: Igbos In Opc by ikeyman00(m): 9:47pm On Feb 06, 2011
^^^^^

loser!!!
Re: Igbos In Opc by olabukola: 1:08am On Feb 07, 2011
~Bluetooth:

honestly,i doubt the possibility of this assumption.the best thing is to show them that they are admitted by privilege and not a right. grin
I sound stupid to most of you when i opened a thread that this people will have advantage on the long run if Nigeria did not divide. Many even claimed that am not Yoruba. I projected in the next 20 to 30 yrs but its happening now. Their numbers are growing each day in yoruba land while we think they don't know what they are doing. Until then become the Gov of Lagos then we will wake up.

Yoruba ranu!!!!!!
Re: Igbos In Opc by jason123: 1:16am On Feb 07, 2011
olabukola:

I sound silly to most of you when i opened a thread that this people will have advantage on the long run if Nigeria did not divide. Many even claimed that am not Yoruba. I projected in the next 20 to 30 yrs but its happening now. Their numbers are growing each day in yoruba land while we think they don't know what they are doing. Until then become the Gov of Lagos then we will wake up.

Yoruba ranu!!!!!!
You can't even speak yoruba well shocked. What you typed there was an insult.
Secondly, why are you paranoid If they are at the advantage, so be it. You are the only yoruba man I have even seen to be this paranoid, undecided
Re: Igbos In Opc by oderemo(m): 1:21am On Feb 07, 2011
what is so special abt an igbo man joining b.l.oody opc anyway?
have you guys witnessed any opc operations b4?
is that what you wnt to applaud.\?
give me a break,.
Re: Igbos In Opc by udezue(m): 1:37am On Feb 07, 2011
LOL!!! Igbos in OPC? Bullocks. IPC is clearly not OPC and being an associate member does not make u a member or atleast full member. U can't vote, u can't hold a position neither can u lead the group. U are only there to lend them support and deal with them. A Yoruba chick is an associate member of our group in Houston. She is a good friend. IPC is a good friend OPC but no Igbos are not members of OPC. Even if they were to be a member of such a ragtag charm carrying group are we supposed to cry, or get happy? I am not against both groups cooperating with eachother for the betterment of both communities. The British and Russians had to defeat Nazi Germany so no biggie.
Re: Igbos In Opc by dempeople(m): 1:44am On Feb 07, 2011
Any Onyeigbo found in OPC must be an efulefu. I said it,[size=14pt] EFULEFU!!![/size]
Re: Igbos In Opc by jason123: 1:48am On Feb 07, 2011
udezue:

LOL!!! Igbos in OPC? Bullocks. IPC is clearly not OPC and being an associate member does not make u a member or atleast full member. U can't vote, u can't hold a position neither can u lead the group. U are only there to lend them support and deal with them. A Yoruba chick is an associate member of our group in Houston. She is a good friend. IPC is a good friend OPC but no Igbos are not members of OPC. Even if they were to be a member of such a ragtag charm carrying group are we supposed to cry, or get happy? I am not against both groups cooperating with eachother for the betterment of both communities. The British and Russians had to defeat Nazi Germany so no biggie.

I have also heard about the ICP organisation and their cooperation with OPC. I hope this builds bonds.

dem_people:

Any Onyeigbo found in OPC must be an efulefu. I said it,[size=14pt] EFULEFU!!![/size]
grin grin grin grin. I suspect you are an OPC member, therefore an efulefu igbo. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanusi Wins Africa Person Of The Year By Forbes Magazine / Need A Perfect House Design,construction & Approval In Nig? Pls Read This / FEC Approves A New Debt Management Strategy For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.