Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? (20084 Views)

How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? / How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / How Lucrative Is OPTOMETRY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by kenmich26: 6:10pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hi everyone please i need you guys to send me cv format and application letter format i wanna compare to what i have with me and correct some mistake pls send to my emaiil michaelk2685@yahoo.com pls i need it urgently thanks God bless you ALL
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by kelechi50: 3:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
[quote author=TheWhiteKnight post=27924552]

You need to do 4 exams to become CCNP Security certified each of which cost 45K
CCNP Data or Voice require their own different number of exams to get the certification
EC-Council would most likely not allow you purchase an exam voucher or even register on their site if you don't select a valid center where you trained. Registeration on their site is necessary for you to get Continued Education Credits to retain your certififcation.

I have no idea about comptia S+ or CCSA or Red Hat[/ quote] please can some body help me,I'm a graduate of criminology and security studies but my question is do I get job first before any other professional course or go for my masters program
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
kelechi50:

Please am still learning oh!
Who am I to give you career advice...

But in my opinion though...if u want to specialize in Information Security, u wld definitely need to do some IT certifications and trainings...although I don't know your level of knowledge/skill in Information Technology so I don't know exactly which certs/trainings I can advice you to start from...
Also experience is key, so try and get some experience alongside doing the certs...
Also most IT security courses in Msc would require you to have an IT background for you to be admitted, so the certs and experience would be an added advantage for you.

My Bosses on this thread can give more insight

Cc: pmy
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by opefeni: 11:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
Cyber security is a broad field but interconnected. Network Security will learn about packet sniffing,cryptography, how to configure network devices such as firewall, IDS etc. Another Field is penetration testers which are professional that try to find bugs or flaws in the whole systems and then fixed it. Ethical Hacker does the same but take advantage of the system. Ethical Hacker are bad. Another Field is Malware and Vulnerability Analyst This field use static and dynamic analysis as well as reverse engineering to find how virus. worms, rootkits exploit infrastructures. We has have web security, digital forensic analyst. The field is broad.
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by Fulaman198(m): 11:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
opefeni:
Cyber security is a broad field but interconnected. Network Security will learn about packet sniffing,cryptography, how to configure network devices such as firewall, IDS etc. Another Field is penetration testers which are professional that try to find bugs or flaws in the whole systems and then fixed it. Ethical Hacker does the same but take advantage of the system. Ethical Hacker are bad. Another Field is Malware and Vulnerability Analyst This field use static and dynamic analysis as well as reverse engineering to find how virus. worms, rootkits exploit infrastructures. We has have web security, digital forensic analyst. The field is broad.

I agree with you completely, but you can't say that all ethical hackers are bad. Though, what an ethical hacker knows can be quite detrimental to a network and clients on that network if used in a malicious manner.
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by baba11(m): 1:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
Fulaman198:

I agree with you completely, but you can't say that all ethical hackers are bad. Though, what an ethical hacker knows can be quite detrimental to a network and clients on that network if used in a malicious manner.
They are useful...it all depends on their intents...do you know big companies like google are looking for them to fortified their security?!
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
Ethical Hackers are not in any way bad.They are also referred to as White hat hackers. The heck!!...why then would they be called Ethical if they are bad. They are the good guys, trained to have the same level of skill like the bad guys in order to protect organisations from the bad guys...These ethical hackers are those we call penetration testers; although they require some more Security Analysis Training like EC-Council's ECSA to become full fledged LPT- Licensed Penetration Testers.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by NigAmbassador: 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
@@@@@...... Three hats makes up Hacking, be it ethical or a cracker..... Its an illegal/legal broad play field where players are just too innocent to be guilty..... From experience, hackers live a life of secrecy...... Why do you want to be a Hacker or a cracker? Beside, if you really wish to run a hi-tech IT security career, I advise you run a programming course + IT security...... That will help you a lot..... Code me for any info....
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2014
NigAmbassador:
@@@@@...... Three hats makes up Hacking, be it ethical or a cracker..... Its an illegal/legal broad play field where players are just too innocent to be guilty..... From experience, hackers live a life of secrecy...... Why do you want to be a Hacker or a cracker? Beside, if you really wish to run a hi-tech IT security career, I advise you run a programming course + IT security...... That will help you a lot..... Code me for any info....

Yes I agree with you on this as times without number people switch hats e.g Kevin Mittnick who was a legendary black hat, after serving time in jail became a white hat, of recent he started selling his zero-days which is sorta grey hat......btw nice paradoxical word play..."players are too innocent to be guilty" ...
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by Fulaman198(m): 1:20am On Dec 03, 2014
baba11:
They are useful...it all depends on their intents...do you know big companies like google are looking for them to fortified their security?!

Oh yeah, any company that cares about their security is seeking them.
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by Fulaman198(m): 1:23am On Dec 03, 2014
TheWhiteKnight:
Ethical Hackers are not in any way bad.They are also referred to as White hat hackers. The heck!!...why then would they be called Ethical if they are bad. They are the good guys, trained to have the same level of skill like the bad guys in order to protect organisations from the bad guys...These ethical hackers are those we call penetration testers; although they require some more Security Analysis Training like EC-Council's ECSA to become full fledged LPT- Licensed Penetration Testers.

No form of hacking is actually ethical. You must call a goat a goat and a sheep a sheep.

With that said, if hacking didn't exist in the first place there wouldn't be a need for people who have CEH.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by NigAmbassador: 1:51am On Dec 03, 2014
TheWhiteKnight:

Yes I agree with you on this as times without number people switch hats e.g Kevin Mittnick who was a legendary black hat, after serving time in jail became a white hat, of recent he started selling his zero-days which is sorta grey hat......btw nice paradoxical word play..."players are too innocent to be guilty" ...
What programming languages do you recommend sir

On the issue of programming language, I will give u a honest reply. Every programming language needs security, but you just have to look for the popular programming language that is popularly used in your country. That will help ur choice of programme. Again every programming language has its 'good and bad times'..... but before u go into any language please do the basic. The Basic is the foundation of the programming language you might eventually decide to learn. ...... Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by NigAmbassador: 2:20am On Dec 03, 2014
Fulaman198:

No form of hacking is actually ethical. You must call a goat a goat and a sheep a sheep.

With that said, if hacking didn't exist in the first place there wouldn't be a need for people who have CEH.

@ @@@@@Fulaman, I do disagree with your conclusion but you got your opinion to share and that makes us to really think deep. The terms Hackers are strictly reserved for the white hats while the term crackers are for the black hats. That's one of the distinctive difference. Every hacker upon successful completion of exams offered by EC council is given a licence that is backed by both local and international law to engage in the attack, defence and counter-attack of the cyberspace in order to prove a soild defence against crackers. That's a what we call penetration testing. But the cracker is the nerd-kid few blocks aways from you, trying to break into secured territory in order to gain selfish desires.

IT security is the only field in IT that is cult-like. Everyone is just scared of you. That's why the public see you as evil. #lolz. But they need hackers to defend them against cracker.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by baba11(m): 12:51am On Dec 04, 2014
Fulaman198:

Oh yeah, any company that cares about their security is seeking them.
So true
But. Most. Don't know
They only think of hackers. As someone who compromise their system ....not other way round...

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by baba11(m): 12:55am On Dec 04, 2014
NigAmbassador:
Please, be specific about the program you are referring to

Some peeps want. To learn here...
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by baba11(m): 1:07am On Dec 04, 2014
NigAmbassador:

@ @@@@@Fulaman, I do disagree with your conclusion but you got your opinion to share and that makes us to really think deep. The terms Hackers are strictly reserved for the white hats while the term crackers are for the black hats. That's one of the distinctive difference. Every hacker upon successful completion of exams offered by EC council is given a licence that is backed by both local and international law to engage in the attack, defence and counter-attack of the cyberspace in order to prove a soild defence against crackers. That's a what we call penetration testing. But the cracker is the nerd-kid few blocks aways from you, trying to break into secured territory in order to gain selfish desires.

IT security is the only field in IT that is cult-like. Everyone is just scared of you. That's why the public see you as evil. #lolz. But they need hackers to defend them against cracker.

You are really on point
Whenever people hear a word hacker, they start to become jittery whereas they have failed to realise that if there're not certified hackers, then who's going to protect them against unwarranted intrusion
This made me to remember some days ago when I was asking a guy about a price for CEH certification
The guy tried everything to dissuade me From doing it whereas I had my. Plans already.....
I just. Believe people are naive and ignorant about the whole things

Those. That had been hacked and sensitive data stolen will understand better......
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by Fulaman198(m): 1:45am On Dec 04, 2014
NigAmbassador:

What I'm saying is very simple it doesn't matter if you have a CERT to signify that you're an 'ethical' hacker. What I'm saying is that hacking in any form or shape isn't ethical. The reason why CEH exists is so that they can counter what malicious hackers do. However, CEH people do have the potential to be malicious.

If you are hacking another government as a task given to you by your own government, that's unethical no paper makes that act ethical

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by NigAmbassador: 7:55am On Dec 04, 2014
@@@@@@@@......... Choice of programming language is yours to make. After running basic programmes(this is the foundation of programming), you will then make informed decision on the choice of programme you wish to dive in. You could visit google to download files on BASIC PROGRAMMING, or visit any IT school that can teach it, or get closer to deadly programmer(s) you know.

On the ethical issue, that term is just for the paper because every hacker or cracker is a big threat to every government, institution, and organisation. I also believe that what makes an hacker ethical is his/her resolve to be a good guy/lady no matter the temptation to get the black hat.

On the issue of engaging in state to state cyber warfare that is sponsored by your government, is like joining any of the branch of the armed force in your country. Its just that your department is more crucial and 'evil', #lolz. One of the books I read on ethical hacking when I began this career, said, " if bullet don't kill, then hacking doesn't ''. I guess you can think out it meaning.

Have a great day all.......

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by 4soft(m): 12:09am On Jul 11, 2015
Please how much does it cost to do a course with zoom technologies in India
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by baba11(m): 4:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
4soft:
Please how much does it cost to do a course with zoom technologies in India
Why going to India. We have everything here.

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by tolu93: 5:23pm On Jul 15, 2015
Good Evening all,
Please which carries weight Security+ or CEH
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by NigAmbassador: 5:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
Security+ and CEH have their weight independently. It is advisable to have both training. Both of them are IT Security Courses, but with few differences. Security+ is purely a Theoretical environment while CEH is mainly Practical
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by tolu93: 5:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
NigAmbassador:
Security+ and CEH have their weight independently. It is advisable to have both training. Both of them are IT Security Courses, but with few differences. Security+ is purely a Theoretical environment while CEH is mainly Practical

Thank you!
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by 4soft(m): 9:41am On Jul 16, 2015
baba11:

Why going to India. We have everything here.
thanks for that, pls were can I do an ethical hacking course in Benin or abuja?
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by baba11(m): 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
4soft:
PM SENT....CHECK YOUR MAIL.
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by 4soft(m): 9:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
[quote author=baba11 post=36007072]
PM SENT....CHECK YOUR MAIL.[/quiote] sent you a message, reply
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by examdeal: 12:33am On Jul 19, 2015
4soft:

You can buy DVD Video tutorial from www.examdeal.net
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by oswaggiee(m): 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
heey guys, i just wanna know,what if someonejust finished from secondary school and wants to start a career basicall with CEH,or cybersecurity and then goes for trainings or certifications...doo u think its advisable??and will the person be succesful
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by Engnrcollins(m): 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2017
oswaggiee:
heey guys, i just wanna know,what if someonejust finished from secondary school and wants to start a career basicall with CEH,or cybersecurity and then goes for trainings or certifications...doo u think its advisable??and will the person be succesful

I also need an answer to this question. someone should help out please .
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by Engnrcollins(m): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2017
?
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by uzoexcel(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
larion:

Boss , where r u studying this? In Nigeria? Hit me up with info, m in telecoms but rili looking at security for a change....
Everyone s running away from telecoms..specifically Rf aspect smiley
Re: How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? by jesmond3945: 6:40pm On Jun 22, 2019
uzoexcel:

Everyone s running away from telecoms..specifically Rf aspect smiley
lol why do you think so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Virtual Health And Safety Environment Service, Port Harcourt / Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court / Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.