Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Smoking, Sin Or Not? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Smoking, Sin Or Not? (1527 Views)

Is Smoking A Sin? / Is Using Body Spray (Perfume) A Sin Or Not? / Is masturbation a sin or not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smoking, Sin Or Not? by Ceekay(m): 3:42pm On Jan 31, 2006
Whoever said smoking was a sin, AND WHY?? where in the bible does GOD condemn smokin'?? Do u know that some ppl r advised by dr's 2 smoke? The bible does not tell us 2 smoke nor does it tell us not 2 CHIKENA!! angry
Re: Smoking, Sin Or Not? by suaveaub(m): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2006
It is a sin your body is the temple of the holy Ghost which you are gods that is what the bible says.If you destroy it God will do same to you.[b][/b]
Re: Smoking, Sin Or Not? by whitesoftx(m): 4:05pm On Jan 31, 2006
Says who? though, I dont smoke but dont think smoking is a sin, neither Quran nor Bible said it, but to be frank, if u wish, u can do it, its all your life! but adviseable dont! depends on your weather too, sometimes in cold, you smoke to get warn, i think I'll support that!
Re: Smoking, Sin Or Not? by Free(f): 8:27pm On Jan 31, 2006
Suaveaub
U took da words right out ma mouth.. good 4 u
ya our body is a temple of god.....
Re: Smoking, Sin Or Not? by christyne(f): 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2006
Whether it is in the bible or not,it is not good and it is a sin so far it is dangerous to our health.I dont like pple that smoke cos most of them are not proud to be smokers,they cant tell u they smoke to ur face.Since u know that,y dont u stop smoking?So i believe WHAT IS BAD HAS NO OTHER NAME THAN BEING BAD.So smoking is a sin but in a situation whereby u smoke cos of the weather .........i dont know what to say.
Re: Smoking, Sin Or Not? by Babybee(f): 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2006
Smoking is not a sin, cos its not written anywhere in the Bible/Quran,but too much of anything is not too good.When u r addicted to smoking, then ur health is at risk.
Re: Smoking, Sin Or Not? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:09pm On Feb 09, 2006
smokin aimt a sin
is just a bad habit
Re: Smoking, Sin Or Not? by naijababy: 11:41pm On Feb 09, 2006
It's a bad habit...but damn believe a nice fat spiff is nice after a full meal.
Re: Smoking, Sin Or Not? by Iknowwhoim(m): 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2006
Whoever said smoking was a sin, AND WHY?? where in the bible does GOD condemn smokin'?? Do u know that some people r advised by dr's 2 smoke? The bible does not tell us 2 smoke nor does it tell us not 2 CHIKENA!!

It depend on who you are.

I once saw a man smoking. A car started beside him and let out some exhaust fumes.
He waved his hands across his nose to avoid inhaling the fumes.
Now who is decieving whom?

To us who know our source, though not explicitly stated in the bible,
We have chosen not to indulge in it in our country where we heil from.
Re: Smoking, Sin Or Not? by Grizzly(m): 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2006
How can u be comparing shit like that?! exhaust fumes and cig smoke, well go and take up some exhaust smoke lets see
Re: Smoking, Sin Or Not? by SIBLI06(m): 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2006
To answer your question, in my opinion smoking is "NOT" a sin! I wish I could stop though!!
Re: Smoking, Sin Or Not? by Iknowwhoim(m): 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2006
Grizzly,

Please can you educate me on the difference between exhaust fumes and cigarrette smoke.
The dangers of one over the other.
Re: Smoking, Sin Or Not? by Ganjaseed: 2:09pm On Jan 19, 2008
Smoking of cigarette is certainly not good for you, but marijuana is very healthy.
Re: Smoking, Sin Or Not? by MP007(m): 12:42pm On Jan 20, 2008
people ask if smoking is a sin or not, hmm , ask those who are suffering from lung complications and they with better explain why smoking is a sin, it is a sin to yourself and to God,
Re: Smoking, Sin Or Not? by tomX1(m): 5:38am On Jan 21, 2008
Q: Is drinking brakish, germ infested water a sin?
A: Who cares . . . you won't do it because you know the outcome will be at best - undesireable.

Cigarettes is a product which the manufacturers specificaly tell you that if used as directed, it will kill you. Do you need angels comming down from heaven to tell you not to do it?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Is What God May Be Doing When It Looks As If He Is Slow Or Silent. / Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? / Vision Of Rapture: Without Restitution You Wont Be Raptured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.