Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,819 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Olumo Rock Pictures - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Olumo Rock Pictures (30975 Views)

TMTN Visit To OLUMO ROCK Abeokuta, See Full History,new Pictures And Video. / My Field Trip To Olumo Rock In Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria.. / Olumo Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olumo Rock Pictures by Seun(m): 12:54am On Jun 26, 2005
Hello,

Sometime last year, I was based in Abeokuta, and together with some family members I went on a visit to Olumo Rock. We took some pictures and I'm going to post the pictures on at a time on this thread for your comments.

The following image is a full-sized, printer-friendly picture of me at Olumo Rock, near the entrance of the shrine:
[center][img width=300 height=400]https://www.nairaland.com/img/olumo-rock-seun.jpg[/img]
Click pic to view full size (Seun at Olumo Rock shrine entrance)[/center]

The following is a picture of the entire Olumo Rock.
[center][img width=400 height=300]https://www.nairaland.com/img/olumo-rock-all.jpg[/img]
Click pic to view full size (entire Olumo Rock)[/center]

I have many more pics and I'm ready to post them also. Are you interested, or do you have any questions about Olumo Rock at Abeokuta?

(By the way: the facilities for tourists were under construction during this visit).

Seun.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by obong(m): 2:28am On Jun 26, 2005
Wow, very nice guy. Whats in the shrine? i'd love to see it when i get to nigeria. My list of things to see is getting longer. These pics are great man, please post more. Where else have u traveled to in nigeri and what di you see?
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by obong(m): 2:30am On Jun 26, 2005
By the way, what sort of camera did you use ?
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Seun(m): 2:31am On Jun 26, 2005
A digital camera. The level of quality you get is not up to what you get when you use a normal camera, develop the picture, and then scan it. But it's good enough to print.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by obong(m): 2:32am On Jun 26, 2005
I think the quality is actually better
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by hotangel2(f): 3:25am On Jun 26, 2005
Digital cameras are good. You don't even need to print and scan the pictures b4 they get on the computer, You can just connect the camera to the computer and upload.

Anyways i love those pictures. I saw Aso rock the last time i went to 9ja. It was cool. This is great, although i doubt i'll see it LIVE.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Greatpeter(m): 9:12am On Jun 26, 2005
It's a nice one. I will visit Abk one day to see the Olumos.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Seun(m): 10:02am On Jun 26, 2005
[center][I]Olumo Rock Construction Site Pic - One year ago!:[/I]
[img width=400 height=300]http://www.nairaland.com.nyud.net:8090/img/olumo-rock-construction-site.jpg[/img]
Under Construction: The Olumo Rock Tourist Facilities
There was a lot of construction work going on in the Olumo Rock environs at the time of my visit.  All of it must be complete by now, so you'll probably find excellent tourist facilities on ground by the time you reach the place.  All these pictures are printer-friendly; the resolution is very high and you should be able to print out really sharp pictures with your inkjet or laserjet printer.[/center]
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by obong(m): 1:37pm On Jun 26, 2005
Who is constructing this stuff? private compan of the government?
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Seun(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2005
Probably the Ogun State government, or their Tourism arm.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Seun(m): 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2005
A lovely lady on this forum [kiss] supplied me with the following picture from the [I]Olumo Rock Construction Plan![/I] This is what Olumo Rock will look like when the construction taking place on the site is complete. Compare this with the third picture on this thread. Wow!

[center][img width=436 height=356]http://www.nairaland.com.nyud.net:8090/img/olumo-rock-construction-plan.jpg?[/img]
CONSTRUCTION PLAN FOR OLUMO ROCK FACILITIES
[/center]
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Seun(m): 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2005
Construction of the tourist facilities at the Olumo Rock site have reached a more advanced stage today. Any comments?

[center]THE OLUMO ROCK SITE TODAY:
[img width=541 height=341]http://www.nairaland.com.nyud.net:8090/img/olumo-rock-site-today.jpg[/img]
Current state of development of Olumo Rock Tourist Facilities in Abeokuta

(click to view full size)
[/center]
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by obong(m): 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2005
Good to see some local governments doing nice things in 9ja
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Seun(m): 2:28pm On Jun 28, 2005
There is a point during our ascent of the Olumo Rock that I began to fear for our safety.  We got to this narrow ledge with rocks all over each other and the guide actually expected us to just climb those rocks (which we did).  Remember, we had ladies in our group who were wearing high heeled shoes!

[center][img width=300 height=400]http://www.nairaland.com.nyud.net:8090/img/olumo-rock-dangerous-1.jpg[/img][img width=300 height=400]http://www.nairaland.com.nyud.net:8090/img/olumo-rock-dangerous-2.jpg[/img][/center]

So you have been warned: make sure you have climbing shoes!  I still have more pictures.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by obong(m): 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2005
I wish they had a website with come pictures. It would help bring more people to see the rock. Keep the pictures coming. I'd also like to see some on Aso and Zuma rock. I wonder if they being developed into a site
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by IAH(f): 3:35pm On Jun 28, 2005
More pics, more pics....we are doing photo-tourism here. grin
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by tayotina(f): 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2005
Things have really improved at the Olumo Rock site. The fifth picture tells of how the site was some months back and the construction is being sponsored by the Government

Upon completion, Olumo rock would have amongst other facilities: art gallery, museum, fast food centre, panoramic elevators and bridges, multi purpose hall for exhibitions/celebrations, shops and children play ground.

The purpose of this is to:
Promote Tourism
Generate Income and Employment in the State
Encourage flow of Investors and also
Preserve the Olumo Heritage.

As Seun rightly said, one needs to be in climbing shoes and ladies must be in trousers. Well it's not a must but its advisable to be in trousers.

I have climbed the rock about three times and I tell you it's not an easy thing. I keep on promising myself each time I come down safely that I would never climb again but I tell you, it's tempting. You would love to climb over and over again.

There is this belief that no death has ever been recorded on Olumo Rock. Well..... let me leave the rest to seun.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by legs(f): 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2005
meanwhile seun nice way to advertise your looks
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by tayotina(f): 3:53pm On Jun 28, 2005
Legs, I am glad you also noticed it. Seun refused to allow us attach our pictures to our profiles but he has found a nice way of advertising himself. grin

Thanks to Olumo Rock.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by obong(m): 5:06am On Jun 29, 2005
How high is the rock?
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by legs(f): 7:57am On Jun 29, 2005
ok tayo tina but i think people are attaching thier pics on the 'wooing a lady' board check out c0dec and vieira
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by tayotina(f): 8:53am On Jun 29, 2005
For real? Wow!! I better rush there.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by mosiate(f): 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2005
thank God i can identify Mr seun osewa thanks to Olumo rock.first time i'm seeing Olumo rock,seun thank you i also want see idanre hills, zuma rock and many more.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Seun(m): 3:25pm On Jun 29, 2005
This can be done, but not by me. We need to build up the membership of this board by inviting more people, so that we'll be able to pick out someone close t Idanre hills, Zuma rock, and the others, to help us take pics and post them here in exchange for just gratitude!
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2005
I LOVE THIS PAGE AND I'LL ENSURE I CONTRIBUTE POSITIVELY TO IT

I WILL POST PICTURES ON IDANRE HILL AND ERIN IJESHA WATER FALL VERY SOON.
THOUGH I'VE GOTTEN THE PICTURES OF IKOGUSI STREAM WHERE HOT AND COLD WATER MEETS.

I GOT MY WEBSITE @

http://www.adeyinkaroyal

or simply mail me via   "adeyinkaroyal@yahoo.com"  for any one who wants to contact me directly
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Latoya(f): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2005
WOW! can someone tell me how to get there?
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Enigma(m): 12:49am On Sep 26, 2005
It's a very good and relatively easy challenge climbing Olumo rock. I've done it twice now - once years ago, the second just over a month ago. The view from the top or vey near the top is beautiful, stunning.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by egus(m): 7:31pm On Jan 10, 2006
does anybody have an idea of hotel costs in the OLUMO ROCK area?
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 12:09pm On Jan 18, 2006
@Seun
Check this out!

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2006
What about this!

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2006
@Seun
Did you remember this?

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Seun(m): 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2006
These are lovely pictures, Dagaro. Thanks for submitting them! I don't remember seeing anything like what you have in your third picture, and the iron rods in your first picture were not there during my visit. Hope you had fun?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Gets Trapped With His Bike In A Gutter After A Horrible Truck Accident. PICS / Nigerian Hairdresser Tricked To Oman, Turned To A Slave, Cries Out / Some Interesting Lagos Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.