Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? (5506 Views)

October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through / He Ran Away And Never Came Back After Our Wedding Introduction, Help! / Please Help Me..... She Openned Up To Me After Our Family Introduction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Equity7: 10:25pm On Feb 08, 2011
pls i need assistance in calculating how much it would cost me to organize an introduction.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by r231(m): 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2011
bout 50k i guess

depending on your budget
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Dsense(m): 10:33pm On Feb 08, 2011
About 20 naira. angry
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by r231(m): 10:35pm On Feb 08, 2011
^^^^^^ ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d :d :d
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by obowunmi(m): 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2011
We are spending close to $3000/ N450k on my friends, -----
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Dsense(m): 11:30pm On Feb 08, 2011
^^^ ;d ;d ;d undecided
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by obowunmi(m): 11:32pm On Feb 08, 2011
madam --- wetin happen; oya re-arrange ya face now now.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Dsense(m): 11:51pm On Feb 08, 2011
Na you be madam
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Equity7: 9:41am On Feb 09, 2011
pls i need breakdown of the budget

@ obowumi, pls i don't have 3000USD for now, it's just an introduction, the title said 'low-keyed'
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MMM2(m): 12:11pm On Feb 09, 2011
at least 1 millon biafara pounds will do.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by jaybee3(m): 12:13pm On Feb 09, 2011
How about no Introduction?
Must you follow tradition that you don't believe in?
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by r231(m): 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2011
Equity7:

pls i need breakdown of the budget
@ obowumi, pls i don't have 3000USD for now, it's just an introduction, the title said 'low-keyed'

no budget, its the woman side that takes care of this anyway

it depends on how many people you are taking from your family to their house

and also how many in their household as well

all they need to do is cook, get some drinks and the guys family can't go their empty handed either

so like i said earlier about 50K should do it if you are responsible for the funding
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by foyeks2001(f): 1:00pm On Feb 09, 2011
r231:

no budget, its the woman side that takes care of this anyway

it depends on how many people you are taking from your family to their house

and also how many in their household as well

all they need to do is cook, get some drinks and the guys family can't go their empty handed either

so like i said earlier about 50K should do it if you are responsible for the funding

maybe
@OP
u can also ask your wife-to-be to get you the lists of the items that wld be requested for her people like yam tuber, maltina,schennap, kolanuts, fruits etc,
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrCork17: 1:12pm On Feb 09, 2011
Equity7:

pls i need assistance in calculating how much it would cost me to organize an introduction.

hold on , let me find a calculator! undecided
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by r231(m): 1:15pm On Feb 09, 2011
foyeks2001:

maybe
@OP
u can also ask your wife-to-be to get you the lists of the items that wld be requested for her people like yam tuber, maltina,schennap, kolanuts, fruits etc,

they don't take all this for introduction

its just for the two families to meet and get to know each other

for the engagement/tradictional wedding yes they give you a list which some of this stuff will be part of it
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by foyeks2001(f): 2:26pm On Feb 09, 2011
they do my brother

except u guys are going there as awon ebi elebi(hunger striking families)
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by r231(m): 3:19pm On Feb 09, 2011
^^^if you say so cheesy
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 3:22pm On Feb 09, 2011
Okay, I got this down:

Bride Price
Introduction price
Post Introduction price
Pre Wedding Price
Wedding Price
Post Wedding Price
Lawyer Fees

Okay! You guys CELEBRATE everything huh? When is NATIONAL SHIT DAY?
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Okay, I got this down:

Bride Price
Introduction price
Post Introduction price
Pre Wedding Price
Wedding Price
Post Wedding Price
Lawyer Fees

Okay! You guys CELEBRATE everything huh? When is NATIONAL poo DAY?

Hmmmmmn!

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by hackney(m): 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2011
Intro plus bride price is around 150-200k in the east.
If they want more say no
They will usually give you a list and then you give them cash unless you want to go and be looking for yams in the market.

Ofcourse you will go with some relatives well vested in the traditional banter issues.
(na so proverbs go dey flow over your head anyhow ; hold yasef ! !).
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by ShyOne(f): 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2011
Please God

don't let my Nigerian man waste our money like this when I arrive in Nigeria

please don't let him feel the need to do this - i will be sooo upset if i see our money depart in this way
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by jaybee3(m): 3:49pm On Feb 09, 2011
^^^^
Intoduction is sponsored by the bride to be and since you don't have anything like that in your culture then surely you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2011
Uhmm Jaybee,

We introduce our fiances to the family WITHOUT having to spend money. That is why I made the joke about CELEBRATING EVERY DAMN THING.

Introduction should be simple. A family dinner with the important ones and there ya go. All these extra shit is not necessary. You will need the money for the WEDDING AND RECEPTION.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by jaybee3(m): 3:55pm On Feb 09, 2011
I'm with you on this Q
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by r231(m): 3:55pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Uhmm Jaybee,

We introduce our fiances to the family WITHOUT having to spend money. That is why I made the joke about CELEBRATING EVERY DAMN THING.

Introduction should be simple. A family dinner with the important ones and there ya go. All these extra poo is not necessary. You will need the money for the WEDDING AND RECEPTION.

my point exactly
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2011
[size=77pt]THE WORLD COMING TO AN END! JAYBEE AND THE MEN AGREE WITH ME! RUNNNNNNNNNNNNN[/size]
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by ShyOne(f): 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ Jay Bee

I know - I have heard - but because I am not from the culture - nor know his family - he has been discussing putting a hybrid situation together so I can meet his family and he also put together a large budget for the wedding as well.  I was shocked and nauseated - I hate spending money on other people - one day to meet/greet/laugh - can run $10,000.00 and up - I get dizzy and nauseous thinking about it.

We have been seriously negotiating those figures and I am talking him down.  I know this is his family and knowing me - I will give in to him in the end - but I am seriously not feeling it.  Cause basically once he arrives in the States for a few months - my family can meet him at a barbeque outside - potluck - that's how I role - with music - good times and that will be very little cost to us.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Fearcom(m): 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2011
it might not even be up to 50k you know. . . . . smiley.Just keep it simple.You have an ENGAGEMENT and WEDDING ceremony to plan for.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by jaybee3(m): 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2011
Shouldn't cost you more than 3K (Including flight and small gifts for your inlaws)
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 4:05pm On Feb 09, 2011
Small gifts for in-laws? Hmmph.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by r231(m): 4:06pm On Feb 09, 2011
^^^yea you have to buy gift for the inlaws now grin grin
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by jaybee3(m): 4:08pm On Feb 09, 2011
Hell yeah. . . .
She is meeting them for the first time and it's only right for her to take something along.
Nothing big though (probably wouldn't even cost more than $100)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Fetish For Ladies With Pimples On Their Face Or Body / Ladies, An Illiterate Rich Guy Or An Intelligent Poor Guy / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.