Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,362 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

What Daniel Said About S/w Impeached Govs, May Quit Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Daniel Said About S/w Impeached Govs, May Quit Pdp (528 Views)

“I Won’t Insult Buhari, Instead I Quit” – PDP Chair Mu’azu To Jonathan Campaign / Oyinlola Writes Jonathan, Offers To Quit PDP / Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Daniel Said About S/w Impeached Govs, May Quit Pdp by Kennyblues(m): 11:19am On Feb 09, 2011
Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel hinted yesterday of his plan to dump the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Shorn of his role as the Southwest Coordinator for Jonathan/Sambo Campaign Organisation, embattled Daniel shunned the kick-off of the PDP presidential campaign in the Southwest in Ibadan.

Daniel, who said he had planned to attend the rally but could not because his supporters prevented him by protesting their ill-treatment, threatened to pull out of the PDP “if people who continue to play God” do not want him any longer.

Dressed in a white attire with an ox-blood cap, Daniel spoke at his Aseludero Court, Sagamu home to his aggrieved supporters, among them his factional governorship candidate, Gboyega Isiaka, Mr Waliu Taiwo, senatorial candidate for Ogun West and Deputy Governor Alhaja Salmot Badru.

He lamented that his faction followed the appropriate procedure to produce candidates with INEC officials and various security agencies witnessing the process, yet the candidates were rejected.

“I was about going to Ibadan. You came to block the way and when I asked why, I was told the people of the state are unhappy and aggrieved. I pray that God will take away those who made us angry.

“We have been ruling Ogun State honestly and truthfully and the people appreciate and commend us. But some people came to disorganise things, playing God.

[b]“I don’t know the kind of luck that has befallen PDP in the Southwest. The first casualty was Oyo State where Ladoja was impeached, followed by Ekiti where Fayose, who was a very hardworking governor, was removed. We are yet to be told what Fayose stole that others have not stolen ten times. People who stole the nation dry are today walking free on the streets.

“PDP in Southwest has lost Ondo State. Osun State, the one we all thought was the anointed and preferred child, has also gone. In Ogun State, as God liveth, we have been troubled since the past five years. They took us to court, brought EFCC and they could not do anything.

“Those who did not come out, who did not know about the party and did not participate were said to have won the primaries. I will never lead you astray and I promise that none of your candidate will be substituted,” Daniel said.

He went on: “After fasting, it would be broken. We have fasted and we will break our fast tomorrow (today). Then you will all know where we are going. This is Ogun State where we have been truthful.”[/b]

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/27350.html
Re: What Daniel Said About S/w Impeached Govs, May Quit Pdp by Kennyblues(m): 11:35am On Feb 09, 2011
I am really not inteested whether he quit PDP to join another party, he has biten the fingers that fed and he has been consumed, politically he is not relevant again in Ogun politics because he did not know how to dine with the devil.

But what about the bolded part?
Re: What Daniel Said About S/w Impeached Govs, May Quit Pdp by Tasma: 12:32pm On Feb 09, 2011
“I don’t know the kind of luck that has befallen PDP in the Southwest. The first casualty was Oyo State where Ladoja was impeached, followed by Ekiti where Fayose, who was a very hardworking governor, was removed. We are yet to be told what Fayose stole that others have not stolen ten times. People who stole the nation dry are today walking free on the streets.

Statements like the above show why we have a long way to go in this country. When a governor thinks its ok to say the above we have just started our journey in this country.
Re: What Daniel Said About S/w Impeached Govs, May Quit Pdp by yemmight(m): 2:38pm On Feb 09, 2011
Just come to ACN and work for us for the period of election and we shall dump you thereafter.

(1) (Reply)

1,000 Politicians Defect In Anambra / A Message For All Nigerian Youths / Akintola Advocates Death Penalty For Corrupt Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.