Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,103 members, 7,807,321 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. (5266 Views)

Akpabio Refuses To Apologise To Goje In The Senate Over Comment / OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly / How PDP Sell The Future Of South West People For A Porridge: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Gbawe: 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2011
Kai !!! I am loving Ribadu's tactic as an opposition candidate . totally on point !!! His time abroad shadowing advanced democracies and working/studying at International institutions for good governance  has not being wasted at all even if all we get from the other Presidential candidates is a willignness to say nothing , like mumus, while "Rome burns".

Choi , see finishing grin grin:

“When supporters of a PDP governor and supporters of a PDP senate leader engaged in a gun duel in the same Ibadan killing three people, the President did not refer to them as rascals. When minority PDP state legislators in Ogun, in an historic feat, sacked the majority members of the parliament, the President did not call them rascals.”

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/apologise-south-west-people-now-ribadu-tells-jonathan

Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan
Posted: February 9, 2011 - 15:31
Posted by siteadmin

The Nuhu Ribadu Campaign Organisation has described the statements credited to President Goodluck Jonathan as “unbecoming of a President” and “one that smacks of desperation.”

President Jonathan while flagging off his south west presidential campaign in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital claimed that his party, the PDP “must” win the south west and salvage the region from “rascals.”

In a statement by Ibrahim Modibbo, it’s Director of Media and Communications, the organization stated that President Jonathan had “finally shown Nigerians how desperate he is to remain in power by resorting to name calling and character assassination instead of addressing issues that bother on the welfare of Nigerians and the people of the south west in particular.

“We recognise the Presidents dilemma. Of course he knows that both he and his fellow PDP governors in the south west have no achievements to brandish. They have no alternative to proffer to the positive changes being witnessed by the people in Lagos, Ekiti and Osun.

“It is however unbecoming of the President that in his frustration at the failure of him and his party to provide good governance to the people of the region and all Nigerians, he would resort to name calling.”

Modibbo also advised President Jonathan to use the opportunity of his campaigns to apologise to Nigerians for the 12 years of misrule and mis-governance that he and his party, the PDP have subjected Nigerians to.

“One would have thought that the President would use the opportunity of his presence to apologise to the people of the Southwest and indeed to all Nigerians about the failure of the PDP governors and the federal government,”

The President should have been man enough to apologise to the Yoruba’s that his party, the PDP, after mismanaging the opportunity they had from 2003 to 2007 to provide good governance in the 5 south west states they controlled , went ahead to steal the peoples votes and manipulate the electoral process in 2007,” Modibbo stated.

The Ribadu campaign organisation also questioned the moral right the President or any other PDP stalwart had in referring to the progressive leaders of the south west as rascals.

“When supporters of a PDP governor and supporters of a PDP senate leader engaged in a gun duel in the same Ibadan killing three people, the President did not refer to them as rascals. When minority PDP state legislators in Ogun, in an historic feat, sacked the majority members of the parliament, the President did not call them rascals.”

“Even in the Presidents home state of Bayelsa, when supporters of the PDP governor attacked supporters of Mr. President’s former adviser, killing six people, the president did not refer to anybody as rascals. On what basis can he now refer to anyone as a rascal,” Modibbo stated.

The organisation therefore urged all the people of the Southwest to continue to show support for purposeful leadership that the ACN provides.

“When the ACN picked Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as its presidential candidate, the party signified its intention to take to the federal government the positive transformation going on in Lagos, Edo, Ekiti and Osun Sates.  The people of the south west like all other Nigerians know that the PDP has failed and this will be manifested again to the PDP and President Jonathan during the general elections.”

Ibrahim Modibbo

Director of Media and Communications

Nuhu Ribadu Campaign Organisation
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Afam4eva(m): 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2011
This Ribadu get sense no be small. He knows when to strike. GEJ is just a fool waiting to explode.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Gbawe: 4:44pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

This Ribadu get sense no be small. He knows when to strike. GEJ is just a fool waiting to explode.

Jonathan must be wandering what hit him. This is why I rate Ribadu ahead of Buhari even if they are similar in ideology and orientation. Ribadu is  modern and current , exposed to best practices worldwide and cognisant of what good Governance should entail in modern democracies . We forget he is the same guy who addressed the American congress and has been involved with many symposiums, interactive sessions and initiative for good Governance worldwide . He might have his issues but , along with donald Duke et al , he is the type of modern and detribalised administrators we badly need. Ribadu is now a  world reknowned and respected technocrat . Indeed he is one of the few Nigerians with a reputation that is intact worldwide. If he does not win in April an International Jobs awaits after the election. That is a measure of the man's worth even if some Nigerians want to villify him at home. What awaits the likes of Alao Akala if they are bounced out of political office tomorrow? Yet same Nigerians fighting for an Alao-Akala win have the nerve to call the likes of Fashola a "rascal" . Welcome to Nigeria . The twilight zone.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by EzeUche2(m): 4:45pm On Feb 09, 2011
Ribadu Ribadu Ribadu! grin

This is very interesting.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by sbeezy8: 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2011
even if ribadu dobales for every yoruba person baby mother father in the SW and surrounding areas He cannot win their votes

so why bother. ACN is not winning SW votes on a national level.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Gbawe: 5:08pm On Feb 09, 2011
EzeUche_:

Ribadu Ribadu Ribadu! grin

This is very interesting.

Ribadu is raising the bar and rightly so. How do you cease being the opposition in politics if you don't work hard to highlight the leadership weakness of the incumbent Party you want to dethrone? Many Nigerian politicians don't understand opposition politics because many of them hardly have any exposure to gain best practices insight from outside the shores of Nigeria. Great Politicians are well-read and have many influences from chairman Mao to Lenin, kemal Ataturk, Lumumba, Nkrumah , etc . I want a return to the days when our sagacious politicians (Awolowo, Azikwe, Balewa et al) were intelligent men who got into politics to bring development for their people . Not thugs like Alao Akala, OGD and 419ners like Ohakim.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by yemmight(m): 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2011
If we are to chooce by merit, how many vote will that Ebele get? He's a dissappointment.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by ladi02(m): 5:11pm On Feb 09, 2011
Guys we need to ensure Ribadu wins this election

we have seen that GEJ is not better than the corrupt. clueless, rogue party PDP he belongs to

Here is our chance to have meaningful leadership in Nigeria. .Lets Vote and Campaign for Change. Vote Nuhu Ribadu!
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Beaf: 5:11pm On Feb 09, 2011
Poor Ribadu. Working for the drug barron called Tinubu has a way of totally frying and drying the brain cells.  embarassed
His a good guy otherwise, but he still wouldn't even be able to deliver his own village (where he'll be Atikued  grin LOLZ).
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by ladi02(m): 5:16pm On Feb 09, 2011
I heard the stones they threw at GEJ got his brains rewired. .

Rogues must find ways to try and look good. .What a shame!
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by spade: 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2011
Dayum, this Ribadu guy is good! I no go lie! grin
To be very honest with ourselves, the man is politically, strategically and intellectually brilliant.
There's no denying that fact grin
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by spade: 5:38pm On Feb 09, 2011
Beaf:

Poor Ribadu. Working for the drug barron called Tinubu has a way of totally frying and drying the brain cells.  embarassed
His a good guy otherwise, but he still wouldn't even be able to deliver his own village (where he'll be Atikued  grin LOLZ).
No offence, but this statement of yours is just too childish, meaningless and pathetic. Sad but true.
Have you tried to refute the fact that he was 100 percent correct about his statements? No.
Have you tried to challenge the fact that Jonathan has just been taken to the cleaners? No.
Instead, you bring up the exhausted point about Tinubu.

As an unbiased contributor, slowly but surely, I'm becoming more pro-Ribadu by the day.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by blacksta(m): 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2011
Beaf:

Odechukwu's brother - you are like a fly looking for cow shit to land on and eat.

always looking for positive threads to derail - he wont address issues on his ODe oga called people in the SW rascal yet the same Ode oga eats and sleeps with fathers of Rascals obj, ogd and akala
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by seanet02: 5:48pm On Feb 09, 2011
Typical beaf always chewing more than he can EAT. Stupid, he goat
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by sbeezy8: 5:50pm On Feb 09, 2011
ribadu cant win over jonathan
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by jason123: 5:55pm On Feb 09, 2011
sbeezy8:

ribadu cant win over jonathan

Yes, he cannot but there is one thing though, EXCEPT GEJ rigs it, he will not win the eelction!
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Gekko(m): 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2011
Seriously, is there any difference between these two characters?  GEJ should be performing at birthday parties undecided

Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Orikinla(m): 6:00pm On Feb 09, 2011
GEJ dey call Yoruba people rascals?

I feel sorry for him.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by blacksta(m): 6:00pm On Feb 09, 2011
Gekko:

Seriously, is there any difference between these two characters?  GEJ should be performing at birthday parties.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLS
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by jason123: 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2011
Orikinla:

GEJ dey call Yoruba people rascals?

I feel sorry for him.

You can say that again! sad , and that's how hè lost the election
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Rhino5dm: 7:11pm On Feb 09, 2011
ol boy! you kill person grin grin grin see yabbis.[size=22pt] ODECHUKWU THE CLOWN AT THE CIRCUS[/size]
Gekko:

Seriously, is there any difference between these two characters? GEJ should be performing at birthday parties undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:37pm On Feb 09, 2011
I wonder why GEJ should resort to name calling instead of focusing on what he will do for nigerians. as far as am concerned ACN has produced some of the best governors this country has had. i guess he was referring to governor arigbesola of osun state as a rascal . angry
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Afam4eva(m): 7:39pm On Feb 09, 2011
Pls who's Ribadu's deputy. That might make me change my mind about this GEJ guy.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by jason123: 7:44pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

Pls who's Ribadu's deputy. That might make me change my mind about this GEJ guy.

I though it was one ugo something . . . . . . he is igbo sha undecided
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

He picked one Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu, a U.S. based educationist and businessman as his running mate.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Chyz2: 7:51pm On Feb 09, 2011
Nice move by Ribadu.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 09, 2011
Whats d dfrnc btwn ODERA BEAF ODECHUKWU & ODECHUKWU GEJ? Emmmmmm, i guess both are folish and dumb.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Afam4eva(m): 7:53pm On Feb 09, 2011
jason123:

I though it was one ugo something  . . . . . . he is igbo sha undecided

I don't just want an Igbo person but an Igbo person that's proven and tested. Preferably Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Mr Ugochu is relatively unknown in this parts.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Chyz2: 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2011
RICHIE BOI:

He picked one Dr. Sunny Ugochukwu, a U.S. based educationist and businessman as his running mate.

Sunny Udochukwu is actually a spot holder for now.Ribadu has picked Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as his running mate but Tinubu is against it because "she is too opinionated".However, They have until February 15 to substitute Ugochukwu.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by jason123: 7:58pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

I don't just want an Igbo person but an Igbo person that's proven and tested. Preferably Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Mr Ugochu is relatively unknown in this parts.

I was hoping for the same but the guy messed up sad!
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by seanet02: 8:02pm On Feb 09, 2011
Chyz*:

Nice move by Ribadu.
Typical Chz, if it has been a Yoruba ma, he will be crying Foul*********
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by jason123: 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2011
seanet02:

Typical Chz, if it has been a Yoruba ma, he will be crying Foul*********

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Relevant Is OBJ In Today's Politics? / Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate / Father Mbaka,spits Fire Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.