Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! (18654 Views)

The Truth About FFK: Yemisi Wada’s Camp Rips Femi Olu-Kayode Apart - TheElitesng / Why ”they” Want Goodluck To Leave By Any Means Necessary / Prof Soludo Tears Okonjo Iweala To Shreds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Chyz2: 10:44pm On Feb 09, 2011
[size=15pt]Fashola blasts Jonathan[/size]

By Our reporter

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola on Wednesday replied President Goodluck Jonathan who called South-west political leaders as rascals, saying his comments were completely “unpresidential.” Speaking with newsmen in Lagos Airport Wednesday afternoon, the Governor expressed shock that such derogatory comment came from the nation’s number one citizen, stressing that it clearly showed the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) did not have a reform agenda but mudslinging.

“The office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is a very high office and I don’t think that that kind of language coming from the PDP presidential candidate is presidential. But Lagosians will have to make a determination but we are beginning to see clearly the pattern of the candidacy of the PDP candidates who seek to continue to lead this country into poverty, into inefficiency, into insecurity.

And it is interesting that these remarks are being made from outside Lagos , so I hope that when they come here they would be able to call us rascals again. And if we are rascals, it means that some of the other governors they have been presiding over is a republic of rascals. But I leave him to decide his own choice of words. Why should they be worried about our success in Lagos?

If it gives them sleepless night and it makes them uncomfortable, I make no apologies that is why I am in government. But having said that, I think that I have asked myself whether the President is more concerned about who is Governor of Lagos or about becoming President. I think that if the PDP wants to swap candidates for the Governor of Lagos, I will be ready to face him because his candidate is not talking about what he wants to do in Lagos . And I will leave our own presidential candidate on issues that are germane to Nigerians”, he stated.
Fashola, who also took time to assess the PDP-led government of Nigeria for 12 years, pointing out that Lagos appears to have felt the federal presence the least.

He queried: “Why are the federal roads in Lagos have not been fixed? Why do Lagosians not have electricity? Why should Lagosians bear the cost of their own security in spite of the enormous votes for that every year in the federal budget? These are the issues that concern Lagosians and those are the issues about which their votes will be deployed. The Lagos voters will not vote on the basis of luck. I didn’t win this office on the basis of luck, it was won on the basis of very clear manifesto of the ACN, very clear ideas about how to fix this economy, very hard work that we have done since 1999 as a people, progressives who have shown our common touch with the people.

Elections will not be won by resulting to derogatory language and by claiming luck. Elections require those who seek elective offices to focus on the people over who they plan to exercise authority and to communicate to them in a very clear and practical manner how they intend to improve their lot. I think that the PDP led federal government has a lot of questions to answer in Lagos .”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/feb/10/national-10-02-2011-001.htm

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Chyz2: 10:47pm On Feb 09, 2011
shocked shocked shocked Ouch!Wey Beaf?
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by jason123: 10:48pm On Feb 09, 2011
Chei!!!! Mess up! shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

If I was GEJ I would not take that! angry grin grin grin wink
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 09, 2011
Carry go Fash!

Dont mind that DUMBER DUMB Yansh!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by ShangoThor(m): 10:54pm On Feb 09, 2011
If GJ did make these comments, then he has exposed himself as lacking political sophistication and etiquette.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Afam4eva(m): 10:56pm On Feb 09, 2011
Fashola don bury GEJ. Will GEJ resurrect to redeem his image? Find out in this explosive thriller that leaves your heart thumping to the very end.

Starring : Raji Fashola, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Ribadu and introducing the no 1 thief thief politican Alao Akala.

Produced and Directed by Goodluck Ebele Jonathan AKA Odechukwu

GRAB YOUR COPY NOW!!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by jason123: 10:58pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

Fashola don bury GEJ. Will GEJ resurrect to redeem his image? Find out in this explosive thriller that leaves your heart thumping to the very end.

Starring : Rajo Fashola, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Ribadu and introducing the no 1 thief thief politican Alao Akala.

GRAB YOUR COPY NOW!!!

LOL grin grin grin grin

Director: OBJ
Producers: Atiku, Ciroma, Edwin Clark and Tinubu
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by ekubear1: 11:01pm On Feb 09, 2011

And it is interesting that these remarks are being made from outside Lagos , so I hope that when they come here they would be able to call us rascals again.
In other words, say it to my face, b1tch.

And if we are rascals, it means that some of the other governors they have been presiding over is a republic of rascals. But I leave him to decide his own choice of words. Why should they be worried about our success in Lagos?

If it gives them sleepless night and it makes them uncomfortable, I make no apologies that is why I am in government.
grin grin grin

I think that if the PDP wants to swap candidates for the Governor of Lagos, I will be ready to face him because his candidate is not talking about what he wants to do in Lagos.
LOL!

He queried: “Why are the federal roads in Lagos have not been fixed? Why do Lagosians not have electricity? Why should Lagosians bear the cost of their own security in spite of the enormous votes for that every year in the federal budget? These are the issues that concern Lagosians and those are the issues about which their votes will be deployed.
Preach!

The Lagos voters will not vote on the basis of luck. I didn’t win this office on the basis of luck, it was won on the basis of very clear manifesto of the ACN, very clear ideas about how to fix this economy, very hard work that we have done since 1999 as a people, progressives who have shown our common touch with the people.

Elections will not be won by resulting to derogatory language and by claiming luck. Elections require those who seek elective offices to focus on the people over who they plan to exercise authority and to communicate to them in a very clear and practical manner how they intend to improve their lot. I think that the PDP led federal government has a lot of questions to answer in Lagos .”
grin grin grin grin

Fashola K.O.ed GEJ.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by jason123: 11:03pm On Feb 09, 2011
Him be like say in luck don run out ooo!!! shocked shocked shocked atleast for the north and SW
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Afam4eva(m): 11:04pm On Feb 09, 2011
The guy just dey spoil him show.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by ShangoThor(m): 11:06pm On Feb 09, 2011
Chyz*:

He queried: “Why are the federal roads in Lagos have not been fixed? Why do Lagosians not have electricity? Why should Lagosians bear the cost of their own security in spite of the enormous votes for that every year in the federal budget? These are the issues that concern Lagosians and those are the issues about which their votes will be deployed. The Lagos voters will not vote on the basis of luck. I didn’t win this office on the basis of luck, it was won on the basis of very clear manifesto of the ACN, very clear ideas about how to fix this economy, very hard work that we have done since 1999 as a people, progressives who have shown our common touch with the people.

Fashola is the real deal.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by MaiSuya(m): 11:07pm On Feb 09, 2011
I'm sure GEJ must have kicked himself a thousand times now over that unfortunate slip--which I want to believe it was.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Afam4eva(m): 11:09pm On Feb 09, 2011
Let's not blame GEJ. I think it was a slip of tongue and brain. His tongue and brain haven't been best of buddies of late.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Rhino5dm: 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2011
what a reply from a leader to a  clown! The rascal should know that there is end of LUCK.

NO ONE CAN  MESS WITH THE SOUTH WEST AND GET AWAY WITH IT. ASK IBB
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:13pm On Feb 09, 2011
Chei !!! i like this zoologist
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by aljharem(m): 11:18pm On Feb 09, 2011
Chyz*:

By Our reporter

Thursday, February 10, 2011

“The office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is a very high office and I don’t think that that kind of language coming from the PDP presidential candidate is presidential. But Lagosians will have to make a determination but we are beginning to see clearly the pattern of the candidacy of the PDP candidates who seek to continue to lead this country into poverty, into inefficiency, into insecurity.

And it is interesting that these remarks are being made from outside Lagos , so I hope that when they come here they would be able to call us rascals again. And if we are rascals, it means that some of the other governors they have been presiding over is a republic of rascals. But I leave him to decide his own choice of words. Why should they be worried about our success in Lagos?

If it gives them sleepless night and it makes them uncomfortable, I make no apologies that is why I am in government. But having said that, I think that I have asked myself whether the President is more concerned about who is Governor of Lagos or about becoming President. I think that if the PDP wants to swap candidates for the Governor of Lagos, I will be ready to face him because his candidate is not talking about what he wants to do in Lagos . And I will leave our own presidential candidate on issues that are germane to Nigerians”, he stated.
Fashola, who also took time to assess the PDP-led government of Nigeria for 12 years, pointing out that Lagos appears to have felt the federal presence the least.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/feb/10/national-10-02-2011-001.htm

very good question by fashola

my respect cool

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Gej not surprise that after praising the SW for their intelligence, you whent ahead to insult the party of one of the best governor in nigeria today.

bad move i tell you Gej
afam4eva:

Starring : Raji Fashola, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Ribadu and introducing the no 1 thief thief politican Alao Akala.

Produced and Directed by Goodluck Ebele Jonathan AKA Odechukwu

GRAB YOUR COPY NOW!!!

were should i buy this movie tongue cool
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by violent(m): 11:22pm On Feb 09, 2011
The President's Language is uncouth, demands for public apology should be in order
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Afam4eva(m): 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2011
alj harem:

were should i buy this movie tongue cool

Marketed and distributed nation wide by  Odechukwu movies limited

250 Nnamdi Azikiwe street idumota lagos

51 Iweka road Onitsha

3 pound road Aba and the Aso rock  villa

GRAB YOUR COPY NOWWW!!
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by otokx(m): 11:27pm On Feb 09, 2011
GEJ should take a break and go for routine medical check before he starts campaigning. Poor man must have been tired when the tongue started wagging.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by aljharem(m): 11:29pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

51 Iweka road Onitsha

GRAB YOUR COPY NOWWW!!
shocked shocked shocked

i hope this movie is interesting and i hope gej losses in the movie
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Beaf: 11:31pm On Feb 09, 2011
Word from the Presidents office is that no names were mentioned when the "rascal" comment was made, but anybody that wishes to assume the name is free to do so. That was announced by Ima Niboro this evening. grin grin grin grin

Of course, Fashola is not one of the rascals, he is just jumping on their boat for publicity.

. . .But, how is this for rascality? shocked shocked shocked shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/139268_BolaTinubuHeroinforfeiture_jpgb084d334c74cec7150ee9588a3aed2fc

[size=33pt]Damn!!![/size]
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Afam4eva(m): 11:32pm On Feb 09, 2011
alj harem:

shocked shocked shocked

i hope this movie is interesting and i hope gej losses in the movie

That will be in Part 2,
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by aljharem(m): 11:33pm On Feb 09, 2011
^^^^^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

good one brother grin wink
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Afam4eva(m): 11:34pm On Feb 09, 2011
Beaf:

Word from the Presidents office is that no names were mentioned when the "rascal" comment was made, but anybody that wishes to assume the name is free to do so. That was announced by Ima Niboro this evening. grin grin grin grin

Of course, Fashola is not one of the rascals, he is just jumping on their boat for publicity.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/139268_BolaTinubuHeroinforfeiture_jpgb084d334c74cec7150ee9588a3aed2fc

Your rascality in this forum has to be checcked. GEJ forgot that he has a rascal as a publicity secretary abi publicity houseboy.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by bkbabe97y(m): 11:35pm On Feb 09, 2011
ROFLMAO @ "In other words, say it to my face, biyytch!!!"

Eku bear, u so wrong!!!
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Beaf: 11:36pm On Feb 09, 2011
I believe GEJ was referring to the unfortunate and to most observers, questionable happenings that saw PDP lose out in the SW.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by bkbabe97y(m): 11:37pm On Feb 09, 2011
Ummmm, Beaf, theres still the issue of that $10gazillion that your boy's wife was nabbed with pending!!!
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Beaf: 11:37pm On Feb 09, 2011
^
Go spread daft rumours in the romance section. Brains are needed here.

afam4eva:

Your rascality in this forum has to be checcked. GEJ forgot that he has a rascal as a publicity secretary abi publicity houseboy.

I'm sure your middle name is fool. cool
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by jason123: 11:41pm On Feb 09, 2011
Beaf:

I believe GEJ was referring to the unfortunate and to most observers, questionable happenings that saw PDP lose out in the SW.

Please explain further . . . . . .

Beaf:

I hope you know Tinubu does not dictate the SW? The reson why Tinubu is popular is because he stood up to the FG during OBJ's era. Now, the progressives in the SW are what is making ACN popular not Tinubu. He cannot even contest as the VP under ACN and expect Yorubas to vote for him.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by unipol(m): 11:44pm On Feb 09, 2011
gej supporter are more rascal than the ACN
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by teeewai(m): 11:46pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

51 Iweka road Onitsha

GRAB YOUR COPY NOWWW!!

guy u don watch nollywood tire grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by fstranger3(m): 11:46pm On Feb 09, 2011
Chyz*:

This is way out of line

This is a big embarrassment to the president. I dont think, Fashola should have uttered those words. GEJ is the president for luck's sake!

He is undermining the presidents's reputation. Not good at all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits / I Am PDP Candidate, Nobody Can Stop Me – Jimoh Ibrahim / My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.