Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? (2741 Views)

Reasons Fabregas' Booing Shows Arsenal Fans Are Hypocritical. / Lagos Fans Mobbed Emenike At Airport / Rooney Angry At Booing Fans After Englands Game This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by rabzy: 12:16pm On Feb 10, 2011
For some years now, Lagos Fans have been notorious for booing the Super Eagles or any National Team whenever they are under-performing. Do you think it is right or wrong, what effect does it have on the Players?
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by temmytanny(m): 12:24pm On Feb 10, 2011
pls lets stop over flogging this issue. the booing and praising went concurently and the praises over shadowed the booing. I was there live and direct
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by rabzy: 12:51pm On Feb 10, 2011
Well i was not there, but a lot of people have been giving the Fans a lot of slag for booing the players, and we could hear the loud booing, So am just asking, it is wrong for Fans to boo their team, does it negatively affect performance or not, why do Lagos Fans in particular do this a lot more, am also a Lagos fan but i couldn't make the Game, V.I Traffic
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by usbcable(m): 11:01pm On Feb 10, 2011
I have been praying they bring SE to lagos for a looooong time. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the stadium was stuck in traffic from office.
i was disgusted when those unreasonable fans started booing the eagles when sierra leone scored. I literarily switched off my t.v out of anger.
now i know why the players and nff would not want matches in lagos. And i support them henceforth, if they dont again forever and ever sef.
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:59am On Feb 11, 2011
rubbish talk

do they get booed when they play well?
do they get cheered when they play badlyoutside lagos as usual?

u seem to think the pple are dumb and ur soo smart, remind me of the last time eagles played a proper decent heartwarming match.

so u think that if they put their all into a match which incidentally would be apparent to even a blind man they would be booed?

they will not! by no means.

u pple can take ur halfrate rubbish team and shove it where the sun dnt shine. by all means take the matches to kontagora or even port novo, let the ones there be the ones to witness the country name and flag being rubbished serially.

shebi na becos pple turn up una dey yarn opaks. nonsense.

if na clubside dem go move from stadium cos dem fans dey boo dem?

abi nor be dis same lagos u17 etc dey take place, why dem nor boo dose ones? tseew nonsense, arrant nonsense. we should applaud persistent mediocrity and rubbish footy?
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by rabzy: 10:36am On Feb 11, 2011
Members of the super eagles are professionals and should be able to handle booing from anybody including their own supporters. The Fans have sacrificed a lot to watch the game but the players are doing their Job, so they should be able to take the slag.

Lagos Fans wants to watch a good game, even if we lost, we want to see that the team is good and has prospects, so we don't take kindly to a mediocre team, if the opposing team is giving us good value for our trouble, we would cheer the opponents.

The phenomenon of cheering eeeh, eeeh, eeeeh can only be applied to a performing team, there is no way you can boo a performing team, when he is dribbling, and running around you all over the place, it would only sound stupid, when an opponent score, you can only keep quiet, you can't boo him, that would be ridiculous.

The supporters club can still be playing and dancing and cheering the Eagles, but they should not expect such from Lagos Fans, They Love the super Eagles so much that whenever the eagles play below par, they would always be booed.
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by rasputinn(m): 10:45am On Feb 11, 2011
The booing was totally uncalled for.What was at statke?

Last Saturday's match between Newcastle and Arsenal,the Newcastle supporters cheered their players on even while they were 4-0 down,to ask of that from Lagos fans will be tantamount to asking for an arm and a leg from a man
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by ENZOSCIFO1: 11:35am On Feb 11, 2011
Guyz I think some of us are missing the point, I for one saw the whole match from the beginning to the end and I was angry that they were being booed my reason is simple. The match in question is a [b]friendl[/b]y match where the coach decided to do a whole lot of experimenting ( who can fault that) cos that was the whole idea of setting it up in the first place. Yeah they started well with about 5 people making their senior debut, however midway into the second half the coach ( I asume) thougt that certain individuals had given a good account of themselves and it was time to test out more players and gradually the game changed, and the booing started. The thinking is why boo a laboratory technician or labrats while experimeting, when its obvious that no new formular or theory has been put forward.

The booing was simply irrespnsible.
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by delegiwa(m): 11:45am On Feb 11, 2011
4llerbuntu:

rubbish talk

do they get booed when they play well?
do they get cheered when they play badlyoutside lagos as usual?

u seem to think the pple are dumb and your soo smart, remind me of the last time eagles played a proper decent heartwarming match.

so u think that if they put their all into a match which incidentally would be apparent to even a blind man they would be booed?

they will not! by no means.

u pple can take your halfrate rubbish team and shove it where the sun dnt shine. by all means take the matches to kontagora or even port novo, let the ones there be the ones to witness the country name and flag being rubbished serially.

shebi na becos pple turn up una dey yarn opaks. nonsense.

if na clubside dem go move from stadium cos dem fans dey boo dem?

abi nor be dis same lagos u17 etc dey take place, why dem nor boo dose ones? tseew nonsense, arrant nonsense. we should applaud persistent mediocrity and rubbish footy?

My guy take am easy. Haba! There was no need for the booing IMO. Did the Sierra Leonians come to watch the ball alone? They came to play as well and got a deserved goal. So was it enough to boo a team that got you entertained almost throughout the first half? Hell No!
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by Segeorex(m): 11:57am On Feb 11, 2011
[b]The booing was totally uncalled for.What was at stake?

I totally agree we had nothing at stake, but Lagos crowd always strive for quality football always,
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by delimit(m): 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2011
Booing is part of football.that is what add pepper, maggi and salt to the round leather game
English fans have their own way of booing by leaving the stadium when their club is loosing ,the same happen during arsenal newcastle match,immediately arsenal score 4, newcastle fans started leaving the stadium
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by mide2mide: 12:49pm On Feb 11, 2011
give the team a break,
they had only come 2gether 24hrs b4 the match
they where players that had never played together
why boo a team thats  experimeting,

shows how shallow some peoples thinking is  ( chairperson  ===4llerbuntu)
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by geosegun(m): 12:50pm On Feb 11, 2011
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN SO MUCH MORE IS EXPECTED.
LAOSOS STATE IS A CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE NOT OF MEDIOCRITY!

IF THEY PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL AND LOOSE. BELIEVE ME, THEY'LL BE CHEERED.
BUT IF THEY PLAY HORRIBLY AND WIN? YOU LL BE BOOED.
COS WE DONT WANT MEDIOCRE PERFORMANCE, WE WANT EXCELLENCE AND TACTICAL FOOTBALL.

THAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL WHO EVER CARE TO LISTEN IS THAT THE TIME FOR MEDIOCRITY IS LONG GONE.
THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP THEM ON THEIR WOBBLY AND FUMBLING TOES.

HAVE YOU EVER ASKED THIS QUESTION?

WHY IS UNDER 19 FLYING EAGLES NOT BOOED WHEN LAGOS WAS THE HOST.

PLS ANSWER THAT QUESTION.
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by omo9ja1(m): 1:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
if anyone is unhappy about that let them go and play in an empty stadium.
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by Ranoscky(m): 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2011
geosegun:

HAVE YOU EVER ASKED THIS QUESTION?

WHY IS UNDER 19 FLYING EAGLES NOT BOOED WHEN LAGOS WAS THE HOST.

PLS ANSWER THAT QUESTION.
The below is an answer to the question.

ENZO SCIFO:

The thinking is why boo a laboratory technician or labrats while experimeting, when its obvious that no new formular or theory has been put forward.

@Geosegun, mind you, Flying eagles are already a team!
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2011
delegiwa:

My guy take am easy. Haba! There was no need for the booing IMO. Did the Sierra Leonians come to watch the ball alone? They came to play as well and got a deserved goal. So was it enough to boo a team that got you entertained almost throughout the first half? Hell No!
na wa oh!
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by usbcable(m): 1:54pm On Feb 11, 2011
Those that were in the stadia that day are also mostly supporters of epl/laliga/serie A clubs and would not boo them in their viewing centres even when they get spanked, disgraced, beaten or whatever but would always try to see a brighter side to the match/or competition. The eagles played not awfully but just because sierra leonne scored the booing started.
i hope they stop bringing matches to lagos sha.
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by vanariso(m): 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2011
The problem with Nigerians is that we hide under the sheath of patriotism to promote laziness and poor performances. Am glad Lagos is different.If the NFF like, they can stage super eagles match elsewhere and get wrong feedbacks, because Lagosians are truthful about the eagles performance - the truth will surely be revealed in the next nations cup / world cup.
Didnt the fans praised Siasia, the  falcons and the under 17  when they perform well? Why give a good commendation for a poor performance.Do you get accolades and salary ncreament at work for poor performance . Dont forget the eagles won,but their performance was poor.SHIKENA. and thats true.The eagles pplayed well against the Argentines in the last world cup but lost and we didnt sweat it.
For the progress of this Nation, we should abhore mediocrity and poor performances. Nations of the world are moving fast and doing everything possible to outperform theirselves - even in sports. If the super eagles are professionals that they claimed and will be paid from tax payers money for the job done ,then they should deliver and expect to be criticised  more so if otherwise.Do you think this eagles can beat a currently distablises national teams of Egypt and Tunisia? And did I hear u say they just started palying together, just started playing together my foot, Go to the streets of Accra and pick 11 players and see how your theory of "they jsut started playing together" will be debunked . We Lagosians beleive in Siasia as a no nonsense coach and we are sure we will see changes soon. Thats why he never started with the likes of YAKUBU. But as per the eagles performance on wednesday , It was below any serious football progressive fan's pass mark, SHIKENA, CAPISH.
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by Vanpee(m): 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2011
There was no need for the booing. The Lagos fans were asking for 2 perfect display by booing individuals who have not played together all their lives and who trained under two days with a new coaching crew. Besides, many of them traveled for more than 6 hours and many were psychologically down owing to losses encountered in their respective clubs the preceding weekend ( Osaze and Mikel for example).In a nutshell, the booing was uncalled for.
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by 1money: 3:56pm On Feb 11, 2011
The booing is uncalled for.
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by sirp2007: 4:13pm On Feb 11, 2011
the booing was neccessary.hw would u pass across ur observation of their below par performance(since u can`t write them official query).the excuse that d team is an experimental team(work in progress aka wip)does nt make booing them wrong at best it makes SIA-1 and his team knw that they still hv a long way 2 go.since its W.I.P, d fans hv 2 let them know their performance is unacceptable nt d score.
The excuse that its a friendly match, is childish.a popular adage says its better 2 bend a fish when its still fresh,if we keep quiet now,whn d main thing start they re still goin 2 repeat tis rubbish performance,
its time we relegate mediocrity to d background
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by gidig(m): 6:23pm On Feb 11, 2011
I can see from the posts here that some of you do not know the things that made the 94 set very great. Is it just coincidence that the downward turn of the Eagles was about the same time their matches were moved away from Lagos. As bad as this was, it puts every player on his toe. You have to give your all when you wear that jersey-that is what is missing in Abuja, where people are begged to come to the stadium to watch.

I passed through surulere area of Lagos four hours before that match and it was a carnival atmosphere outside. you now expect those people to keep their passion in check when they get into the stadium? In the 90s, we used to get to the National Stadium by 11am for a match that will be played at 4pm. We would go to the training sessions days before the match and the players have a feel of what to expect on match day. They come in on that day with a lot of passion and determination. That has been lost of this current generation of players and I believe that they should be subjected to the same pressure that the previous generation were made to go through.

It may sound very complicated but its as simple as that- our team needs to feel the people they play for. If they are content with just being celebrity, they can go into music.
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by deb(m): 10:44am On Feb 12, 2011
Lagos is the center of Excellence, but the fans of the same city are either mediocres or dumb-ass.

For the mediocre, let me remind you that the team you booed was a new team that trained 4 just 24hrs under a brand new coach.

I ask myself with the kind of thinking in those brains of you booing mediocre fans, how can Nigeria ever develop?

If you cannot support YOUR team good or bad like Newcastle, you shd stay at home or you simply leave the stadium. There was nothing wrong with that Eagles that I saw. The only thing you can call problem began 2 happen when Sia1 did what is expected of a friendly by bringing fresh players on the pitch to prove themselves, most of whom were home-based players that we always clamoured for. Unfortunately d momentum dropped @ the time and that is not enough excuse to boo such a new team. It was an act of lunacy that our mediocre fans put up that day. Same lunas will die for foreign clubs who don't give a damn abt them win or lose. SHAME ON U.

I congratulate those who did not participate in the show of shame.
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by Reference(m): 6:05pm On Feb 12, 2011
Yes its correct. Lagos fans are allergic to mediocrity. They have seen their darling Eagles lift the Nations Cup in 1980 and decline ever since to such basement levels the NFF gladly avoids them settling for other cities that are just glad to host matches and star struck to vent their recurring frustrations.

Kano fans for example gladly cheered the Chukwu led fumbling Super Fowls when they trashed the World Cup ticket.

Guys, look up to Egypt and see what pressure and protests get you. Enough of this rubbish they continually give us. We deserve better. We are a soccer nation and invest billions in the game. So we will give them no quarter. Up Lagos fans. Long live the Super Eagles.
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by Limaoscar: 10:33pm On Feb 12, 2011
Booing Not right. Makes us look like we're still in the caves, IMHO embarassed embarassed
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by beeke(m): 12:31pm On Feb 13, 2011
The booing IMO is totally uncalled for, taking into account that this is just a new team mainly from the NPL whom are yet to experience wot it is like to play in d national team my question will always be why boo a team who is playing for the first time and they barely trained together for 48hrs frankly speaking is insane to boo them somebody made mention of lagos always striving for good football play, then my next question is: in our local league do we have a lagos state base team doing well both past and present. for crying out loud lets give siasia the encouragement him and his team need to build a formidable team that all of us will be proud of
We should not forget that it took years for westerhof to build a team that was feared all over the world. the first fruit of a good coach is to discover hidden talents in that regard siasia is doing a great job all he need is time
Re: Lagos Fans And Booing: Whats Your Take? by ogbongzky(m): 10:38pm On Feb 13, 2011
what do u expect from fans who dont have any footcall club to support?, Assuming there are Lagos teams in the NPL, am sure the fans would have been used to losing matches, cry

(1) (Reply)

Just Got A Secured And Sure 1.60 To 2 Odd Source / Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight / Open A Free Account With Surebet247; Register Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.