Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,882 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:22 AM

Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls (6865 Views)

Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG / Dasuki Challenges FG For Disobeying Court Order / April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Ikengawo: 7:43am On Feb 11, 2011
[size=14pt]Fashola challenges FG to public debate ahead of April polls
[/size]

By olasunkanmi akoni & monsur olowoopejo
LAGOS — Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has challenged Peoples Democratic Party, PDP-led Federal Government to a public debate on issues of national importance and developmental achievements in Nigeria.

The Governor, who spoke , yesterday, at the official commissioning of a home and clinic for the physically-challenged children at Ikorodu, said: “If they want to lead us, they must show us what they can do. From now, I will engage them in debate minute after minute, hour after hour on the issues that matters to Nigerians.

“We have had enough of this 12 years of waste of PDP in power. We had demonstrated that in three years, change is possible. Let them bring their results and meet us."

“Lagos is always in the forefront of implementing various national progra-mmes such as the polio programme. Let them ask the common people on the streets and then give their own result of achievements.

“PDP took us from the eyes of the world. We are now going to share meetings with the nine poorest countries of the world. They should take Nigeria to be among the leadership of the first 20 countries of the world if they have the vision, ability and knowledge to do so. PDP is deficient in ideas, implementation and honesty.”

On Jonathan’s ‘rascals in S-West’

Fashola had, in an earlier remark in response to President Goodluck Jonathan’s statement on taking over the control of South-West from some rascal Governors, said: “If my achievements give them sleepless nights and make them uncomfortable, I have no apologies for that. That is why I am in government to succeed and to improve the quality of life of the people as best as I can."

“Look, this is a party that had spent 12 years trying to provide electricity. We have provided three major electricity plants. The next major one will be finished in the next few weeks.

“Clearly, therefore, they are deficient in planning and in implementation. They spent 10 years in building a 400-metre bridge in Ota. On the day of commissioning, instead of apologising to Lagosians, they were fighting themselves over who would cut the tape, meanwhile, the road that leads to the bridge is not finished,” he added.

“The office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is a very high office and I don’t think the kind of language coming from a Peoples’ Democratic Party Presidential candidate is Presidential”.

“I have asked myself if the President is more concerned about who is the Governor of Lagos State or becoming the President. I think if the PDP is ready to swap candidates for the Governorship of Lagos, I will be ready to face him because his candidate is not talking about what he wants to do in Lagos”.

“These are issues that concerns Lagosians and for which their votes would be deployed. The Lagos voters will not vote on the basis of luck. I did not win this office on the basis of luck. It was on the basis of a clear manifesto of the ACN with clear ideas about how to prosper the economy and the hardwork which we have done since 1999 as a people”.
http://nigerianbulletin.com/2011/02/11/fashola-challenges-fg-to-public-debate-ahead-of-april-polls-vanguard/
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 11, 2011
tongue tongue shocked shocked tongue tongue
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by calyx: 8:57am On Feb 11, 2011
Of course! Let the debates begin. Even the governor of 1 state out of 36 is testing the Federal might on governance ideas and completed projects. Not a shame
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Gbawe: 9:11am On Feb 11, 2011
see wetin GEJ don start? Real admnistrators were tolerating his mediocre and "lucky" self politely but he had to go and push their button. The likes of Ameachi who don't even believe in GEJ enough to support him willingly had to be bullied on board . Yet Jonathan , the self-admitted mediocrity, had to go and push issues too far by suggesting folks like Fashola are "rascals" . I can totally appreciate Fashola's anger . This is a man completely focused on his job. He hardly plays the dirty politics common in Nigeria. he constantly sets example , regarding governance, for others to follow . Everytime he has asked for the federal Governments assistance (eg privatise the power sector) he gets nothing but insincerity . The likes of Fashola probably despise mediocrities like GEJ because they know that with folks like Yar Adua and Jonathan controlling the centre the progress they can deliver for their States will always be limited . Governor Fashola , we are on your side . You are no "accidental" or "lucky" leader. Jonathan has angered a genuine leader and achiever in fashola. He should be more careful with his utterance in future.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Abagworo(m): 9:15am On Feb 11, 2011
What I really don't get is the proliferation of challenges to a debate by our political class.It is getting too childish since no single one has ever really been held.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by calyx: 9:56am On Feb 11, 2011
Abagworo:

What I really don't get is the proliferation of challenges to a debate by our political class.It is getting too childish since no single one has ever really been held.

1. There is no proliferation of challenges. Jonathan's government is about the only one that has been serially challanged but always balking

2. Public debates are very necessary so that we can test the ideas of these so called leaders. Its not enough to consult and then come up with something nonsensical to say. Let us test their judgements to issues that are dear to our hearts and let them prove themselves right or wrong on arguments bothering on such issues.

Its high time these guys began to work for the enviable positions they occupy. Its no longer enough to get people into positions on the basis of patronage, god fatherism or mere 'luck'.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Gbawe: 10:42am On Feb 11, 2011
calyx:

1. There is no proliferation of challenges. Jonathan's government is about the only one that has been serially challanged but always balking

2. Public debates are very necessary so that we can test the ideas of these so called leaders. Its not enough to consult and then come up with something nonsensical to say. Let us test their judgements to issues that are dear to our hearts and let them prove themselves right or wrong on arguments bothering on such issues.

Its high time these guys began to work for the enviable positions they occupy. Its no longer enough to get people into positions on the basis of patronage, god fatherism or mere 'luck'.

Thank you. Let us try , leaders and those who are led, to move towards advancing our democracy always. Setting the standards low means that we will actually get opportunist chancers into Aso Rock who did not even have to utter one word publicly. Who remembers Yar Adua campaigning and selling himself to us ? Yet OBJ and co , encouraged by previous success, are at it again in an attempt to provide us with another clueless individual ill-prepared to deal with the complex issues afflicting Nigeria. The situation we have in Nigeria is highly regretable and self-defeatist with how many Nigerians cast votes for numerous reasons that does not include a candidates history, record of achievement and manifesto for office.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Afam4eva(m): 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
Shey fashola wan kill GEJ ni. Public debate ke. Wetin GEJ no wey im wan talk.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by delegiwa(m): 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2011
calyx:

Of course! Let the debates begin. Even the governor of 1 state out of 36 is testing the Federal might on governance ideas and completed projects. Not a shame

Shey una no go tell Fash make im rest? Is he not taking this a little too much? Abeg oh, I like the man before dem kwaff am now.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Beaf: 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2011
The whole thing is beginning to sound foolish and despesrate. When did governors start challenging the FG to debates, I have lost the respect I had for Fashola. Let him continue with the small minded ACN's thinly veiled ethnic staunts. The only thing left for him to declare as a bigot is call GEJ ***chukwu, we all know it sounds like an Igbo name and signifies hatred of Igbo's; so best to paint GEJ as an Igbo. Shame on ACN, the new Ciroma's of the South.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by biilwwu(m): 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2011
« #9 on: Today at 12:27:16 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[td]quoted from beaf
The whole thing is beginning to sound foolish and despesrate. When did governors start challenging the FG to debates, I have lost the respect I had for Fashola. Let him continue with the small minded ACN's thinly veiled ethnic staunts. The only thing left for him to declare as a bigot is call GEJ ***chukwu, we all know it sounds like an Igbo name and signifies hatred of Igbo's; so best to paint GEJ as an Igbo. Shame on AC
[/td]

You are beaf indeed
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by xoxogg(f): 12:39pm On Feb 11, 2011
Jonthan Plsss accept, wo u go smell pepper. His Royal Rascality, Honourable Rascal Fashola would shred u to pieces.  You go cry comot for stage.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Efizzi: 12:42pm On Feb 11, 2011
GEJ, This is what you get when you make careless remarks,
I think the people are already tired of mediocres as politicians. what is happening now is just a tip of the iceberg it has started in thailand and now Egypt soon Venezuela would follow and then North Korea and Nigeria, watchout
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Superbrain(m): 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2011
@ Beaf, you are here again. Mind you, Fashola challenged the party-PDP and not GEJ himself. Even at that, is a debate too much for your slowpoke president to accept? GEJ should be the one pushing for a debate to let Nigerians know what he has to offer but I guess he will shy away from the topic. Know why? Because he might just end his political career with a slip of his unbridled tongue. What I don't understand is why they keep insisting, emaphasing that they "MUST" win the elections. Shows they are ready to go any length (especially without a debate) to make sure it happens. I can't wait for them to come to Lagos for their rally. A shocker awaits them.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by vanariso(m): 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2011
A well organised and transparent Public debate is the way to seek for votes and not the usual PDP camouflaged/ doctored campaign. Public debate got my vote for Fashola in the last 2007 election and my sympathy  for Jimi Agbaje for being a worthy candidate in a wrong party. It also showed that individually, Fashola and Jimi Agbaje are outstanding compared with the rascal Musiliu Obanikoro and  clueless Femi Pedro combined. God ( using the debate) saved Lagos from electing Femi Pedro-and Musiliu Obanikoro(DUMB &  DUMBER) .
Let the chief clueless/gullible GEJ ,his  Godfather  Oba-tio-sanjo  and their cohorts (Oyinlola, Akala, and Gbenga Daniel etc) step out against my No-nonsense Fashola and the said rascals (articulate Aregbeshola , Masses Governor Oshiomhole and  Brilliant Fayemi), AND LET THE DEBATE AND THEIR SHAME BEGAN.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by fcdalatu: 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2011
Hope Mr president will accept this challenge
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by rebranded(m): 1:14pm On Feb 11, 2011
Beaf:

The whole thing is beginning to sound foolish and despesrate. When did governors start challenging the FG to debates, I have lost the respect I had for Fashola. Let him continue with the small minded ACN's thinly veiled ethnic staunts. The only thing left for him to declare as a bigot is call GEJ ***chukwu, we all know it sounds like an Igbo name and signifies hatred of Igbo's; so best to paint GEJ as an Igbo. Shame on ACN, the new Ciroma's of the South.

I read this quote before i checked who posted it, and first thing that came to my mind is Foolish post. .

But coming from Beaf. .its allowed, he goes with the highest bidder. .Shame Bro!
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by berth(m): 1:17pm On Feb 11, 2011
Lol,, i also challenge Gej to come out and enumerate his achievment so far in office! Bleep dat guy called "beaf"
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by jacobs123(m): 1:20pm On Feb 11, 2011
Beaf:

What does your respect amount to? People like GEJ are those that need your respect!!! If you can not see the issues that Fashola has raised, then I'm sorry for those who paid to educate you.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Beaf: 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2011
If a state governor challenges the FG, why not as well declare independence? Why not secede? Who the fvk is he?

It is foolishness beyond measure from Fashola, the man has lost respect from across the country. If he wants to remain a small backwoods player in a regional party, thats fine; but he should not attempt to drag the rest of the country into the foolishness. The FG does not belong to Lagos and he is insulting all Nigerians.

If he has a grouse with PDP in Lagos, is he scared of Ade Dosunmu, the PDP man at his level and looking for the most stupeed excuses to seem like a man under ethnic seige? He is quite small-minded indeed.

If Fashola is that full of himself that he thinks he is now some sort of god, let him secede. Pull Lagos out of Nigeria and face the federal might, lets see if his ethnically based politics will save that situation.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by tolu001: 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2011
You will entertain a public debate when you know you have good plans that will inspire the populace to vote for you, not when you are clueless or you are solely interested in looting the treasury.

You woudn't like to hear an aspirant openly declare that he wants to go and loot the treasury.

Please folks, stop challenging GEJ to a public debate except you want to force him into confession, you know he will surely slip again
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by maxtop(m): 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2011
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR ANY FOUL LANGUAGE, SHAMEFUL UTTERANCE AND SENSELESS REMARKS, I WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSS AS THE EVENTS UNFOLDS BUT NOW HAVE GOT A LOT OF WORK TO DO !!!   grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by saridonp2: 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2011
What I dislike most is reading a post written by that tribalistic bleeped-up Beaf!Shame to Jonanthan himself because it was the same rascals that fought for him.Rascal Adeboye and Rascal Soyinka both fought for his right when he couldnt do anything to take over the the presidency when Yaradua was ill.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by jaygetta1: 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2011
Why anyone replies Beaf when he fa*rts from his mouth is still beyond me. GEJ's NL boyfriend stinks to high heavens. Disgusting!
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Johndoe100(m): 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2011
This is very foolish, why would the FG debate with a governor?

If he wants a debate, I am sure that Ameachi, Akpabio and others would be glad to oblige him. But watch out he will chicken out from such a debate.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by solihu(m): 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2011
The truth is "you don't have a second chance to make a first impression', the idol 'GEJ' some insane people here worship has made a blunder in form of his utterance (which had been a trade mark of his). Rather bury thier heads in shame / disappointment, we still find them on every thread trying to spray perfume on his 'presidential fart'.

A senseless utterance that chimp & we have an unbelievable riverberation in less no time. For sure, in the height of his mumuism he wouldn't dare to take up that challenge from BRF. Otherwise, I see Mr. Bowler hat locking BRFat the collar screaming 'God punish you!' on air.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by maxtop(m): 1:40pm On Feb 11, 2011
jacobs123:

What does your respect amount to? People like GEJ are those that need your respect!!! If you can not see the issues that Fashola has raised, then I'm sorry for those who paid to educate you.
Beaf:

If a state governor challenges the FG, why not as well declare independence? Why not secede? Who the fvk is he?

It is foolishness beyond measure from Fashola, the man has lost respect from across the country. If he wants to remain a small backwoods player in a regional party, thats fine; but he should not attempt to drag the rest of the country into the foolishness. The FG does not belong to Lagos and he is insulting all Nigerians.

If he has a grouse with PDP in Lagos, is he scared of Ade Dosunmu, the PDP man at his level and looking for the most stupeed excuses to seem like a man under ethnic seige? He is quite small-minded indeed.

If Fashola is that full of himself that he thinks he is now some sort of god, let him secede. Pull Lagos out of Nigeria and face the federal might, lets see if his ethnically based politics will save that situation.

BEAF OR WHAT DID YOU CALL YOURSELF, PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO LACK VISION AND WISDOM SHOULD RATHER KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT WHEN SENSITIVE ISSUES LIKE THIS IS BEING DISCUSSED. GEJ IS A PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA AND NOT A PRESIDENT OF A PARTY THEREFORE REFERRING SOME STATE GOVERNORS AS RASCALS CLEARLY SHOWS HE LACKS ACT OF GOVERNANCE. THIS IS JUST TO SHOW YOU THAT PDP AS A PARTY IN  NIGERIA AND ITS MEMBERS ARE ALL "DESPERADO'S"

NO OFFENCE BEAF  grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Johndoe100(m): 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2011
solihu:

The truth is "you don't have a second chance to make a first impression', the idol 'GEJ' some insane people here worship has made a blunder in form of his utterance (which had been a trade mark of his). Rather bury thier heads in shame / disappointment, we still find them on every thread trying to spray perfume on his 'presidential fart'.

A senseless utterance that chimp & we have an unbelievable riverberation in less no time. For sure, in the height of his mumuism he wouldn't dare to take up that challenge from BRF. Otherwise, I see Mr. Bowler hat locking BRFat the collar screaming 'God punish you!' on air.

Lets see, those who support GEJ are insane, the president is a chimp? Most of you just show that your mother's (if you had one) wasted their time. You all lack basic home training.

Do you clowns realize that Fashola's supposed achievements are nothing compared to people like Ameachi and Akpabio?
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Beaf: 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2011
Johndoe100:

This is very foolish, why would the FG debate with a governor?

If he wants a debate, I am sure that Ameachi, Akpabio and others would be glad to oblige him. But watch out he will chicken out from such a debate.

Exactly! He has the PDP candidate in Lagos to debate, but he is seeking cheap publicity instead by making foolish challenges to the FG.
As for the like of Ameachi, Akpabio and Chime; they will knock him out in any debate. His mickey mouse challenge is only of value to OPC, afenifere and his regional party.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by jaygetta1: 1:43pm On Feb 11, 2011
By their utterances you will know them. Johndoe100 (abi wetin you call ureself sef), so Fashola should challenge Amaechi to a debate, why? To contest for Governorship of their State? Man, these Gej followers. . . .
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Beaf: 1:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
jay_getta:

By their utterances you will know them. Johndoe100 (abi wetin you call ureself sef), so Fashola should challenge Amaechi to a debate, why? To contest for Governorship of their State? Man, these Gej followers. . . .

So why would he challenge the FG if he isn't daft and only acting to please OPC and other small-minded regional types like them?
What sense is there in challenging the FG, why not bloody attempt to secede? Thats the only way the FG will take up his challenge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘Nobody Can Force Oyegun Out Of Office As APC National Chairman’ - Inegbeniki / Buhari Is Dead Nnamdi Kanu Releases Video To Back Claims / How FG Funnelled N155B To Phony Companies - Premium Times Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.