Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating (7864 Views)

Poll: Rate the president?

Approve: 20% (74 votes)
Disapprove: 72% (263 votes)
Indifferent: 7% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by illusion2: 11:40am On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I understand that but still states are generating still. So any state using that as excuse needs to understand that we disagree. Currently, States that generate get fed more of the supply,so I see no reason why states, that can, should not.

Well ask Lagos & you'll get the answer to your question. Why should I fetch water from the river,be obliged to give it to you ,so you can give me the share you deem fit ? undecided

Kobojunkie:

If the LGA has supplemental income coming in, which it should(but Lord knows suckling at the nips of the federal is all most of them want to continue to do), then it could budget and plan other ways it wants to.

I would not, right now, vote that LGA's have control over the Local police at all. I say this because I know what our local politicians are very much capable of. Even without local control, some of us have seen how easily these police men can be bribed to do the biddings of the politicians. Giving them full control now is out of the question.

I am definitely for change but common sense change from BOTH SIDES. Pointing finger all the time at the Federal Government when the Local itself refuses to do anything differently only helps keep us oscillating about the same point for longer.
Therein lies the problem. Politics and politicans. Changing the system shouldn't be left only to politicinas. All stakeholders should be invloved. Civil society,traditional instititions,legal,Trade unions etc.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Kobojunkie: 1:58pm On Feb 17, 2011
illusion2:

Well ask Lagos & you'll get the answer to your question. Why should I fetch water from the river,be obliged to give it to you ,so you can give me the share you deem fit ? undecided
There are states in the SE that do it and they enjoy more electricity as a result of being producers. I am sorry but I have considered that "we wan to produce for ourselves" option and I do not agree that this is a major problem in the way it has been told.

illusion2:

Therein lies the problem. Politics and politicans. Changing the system shouldn't be left only to politicinas. All stakeholders should be invloved. Civil society,traditional instititions,legal,Trade unions etc.

I agree and until some meaningful number of those at the grassroot challenge the way things are currently being done there now, I will hold off on letting them, our local politicians, have more control than they currently do now.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by illusion2: 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

There are states in the SE that do it and they enjoy more electricity as a result of being producers. I am sorry but I have considered that "we wan to produce for ourselves" option and I do not agree that this is a major problem in the way it has been told.
Please advise one with appropriate links. Thanks smiley
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by tlops(m): 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2011
I really dont trust is abilities though his "luck" seem more reliable.

However, nation dont run on luck but abilities.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Kobojunkie: 3:45am On Feb 18, 2011
illusion2:

Please advise one with appropriate links. Thanks smiley

Honestly wish I had more detailed information to work with. But when those who ought to be working to provide us all this are busy making excuses for why we should not expect them to do anything, I wonder if it is not best to kick them all out and get more serious people in who know it is there place to make things happen, no matter what.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by tolu001: 3:41pm On Feb 18, 2011
I'd rather not vote than vote for a clueless, thoughtless, and visionless leader like Jonathan
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by doja(m): 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2011
tolu001:

I'd rather not vote than vote for a clueless, thoughtless, and visionless leader like Jonathan

Its worse if you do not vote. Please go out and vote else, your drivers, cleaners and that danfo driver you hate so much will choose a president for you. There is a viable option out there and he is a good one.

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by illusion2: 4:55pm On Feb 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Honestly wish I had more detailed information to work with. But when those who ought to be working to provide us all this are busy making excuses for why we should not expect them to do anything, I wonder if it is not best to kick them all out and get more serious people in who know it is there place to make things happen, no matter what.
I doubt you'll get any example dear.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 18, 2011
The vote buttons are not active on my handheld device. But pls let it be known that I votes Disapprove. My reasons are simple:
- The economic policies of Mr President are whacked. Importation of waste baskets from the UK (when re manufacturing factors are dying off), budgeting 70% of our expenditure to re-current expenses, buying more presidential planes when there are more pressing problems to be tackled
- Failure in the power sector - need not say more on this
- 'Unpresidential' utterances
- General state of insecurity in the country
GEJ is a good man, surrounded by wolves and hyenas. He stands no chance.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by juman(m): 12:34pm On Feb 19, 2011
Disapprove
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by solo2(m): 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2011
Some people are not making this trend interesting, by posting some unwarranted attacks on their own president. sad sad angry
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by dominique(f): 3:43pm On Feb 19, 2011
solo2:

Some people are not making this trend interesting, by posting some unwarranted attacks on their own president. sad sad angry

and which of these 'unwarranted attacks' are false?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by honeric01(m): 6:23pm On Feb 19, 2011
calaharry:

Nigeria is the most difficult nation to govern, because of its'extremely large population that is  massively uneducated. This is why the people easily forget to unanimously bring to book those that tormented them in d past and support those that are determined to make life better in future.

Objectively, GEJ has scored over 70%. Because all his actions was not just to grab power but to transform nigeria with it;GEJ has ensured constant fuel  availability with equal pricing across the states as seen in DEc 2010 holiday period( how can Nigerians forget so easily how they were suffering b4 over lack of fuel while black mkt was thriving?);

GEJ has reformed INEc with people of integrity for successful credible voters registration nationwide; he provided massive funding to begin a turnaround in entertainment ind. ; he has focus his programmes on electric power generation in phases to serve nigeria.

But GEJ's major obstacles are saboteurs (past failed rulers) not seen by followers at the lowest food chain. We must identify and stop the saboteurs in high places who do not want Nigeria to excel via GEJ SAMBO transformational plans and works. LET US SEE BEYOND POLITICAL  MANIPULATIONS AND JOIN HANDS TO ENCOURAGE GEJ'S TEAM TO REVIVE NIGERIA, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Please be sincere, don't shy away from answering this question:

How can he revive Nigeria, stop the saboteurs and the corrupt individuals in government when these same people are the ones he dines and wine, surrounds himself with? (Most of them are also his mentors)
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by friedrice1: 8:09pm On Feb 21, 2011
Jonathan is the worst thing that can happen to Nigeria,
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by blinx4real(m): 8:03am On Feb 22, 2011
Disapprove

GEJ is a continuation of the same visionless and directionless leadership characterised by the PDP since 1999. He is the pawn that has been set to ensure that the enemies of this nation have a chance to continue their activities
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Jeel: 8:38am On Feb 22, 2011
GEJ 4 life
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by hasyak(m): 2:36pm On Feb 22, 2011
my brothers and sisters on NL, election is coming very soon, it is time to decide our future. are you happy with the waythe country is being managed?

please your votes can make the difference, think of the following questions before you cast your vote, answer this question with open mind and allow your conscience to be your guide.

1. am i happy with the way the country is being managed, whom i do believe will make a change?

2. what does the future holds for me and my family if i vote this person, will it be biz as usual?

3. corruption, whats the candidate plans to fight it?

4. what are my reasons for voting for this candidate, please be very objective remove all sentiment.

5. what are the candidates plan on the following, road, health care, power and education.

6. who are the candidate pallies, because birds of the same feather flock together.

7. do i have confidence that he will keep to his promises, we have been promise heaven before?

after answering the questions please go out and vote for that candidate that you believe will make that positive change and protect your vote by making sure it counts.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by blacksta(m): 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2011
Oyinbo calls this one a landslide victory to the ones with integrity. grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2011
Morooooooooooooooooooooon
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by udemeyong: 12:23pm On Feb 25, 2011
Nt a fan of politicls lik that,bt I cn smell a rat without seeing one,
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2011
OMG, see disapproval shocked
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Tunsbobo(m): 8:48am On Mar 01, 2011
Why are you guys wasting your time and saliva on this thread? Even if everybody in nigeria disapproves him, that doesn't change the fact that he would win!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by honeric01(m): 9:24am On Mar 01, 2011
Tunsbobo:

Why are you guys wasting your time and saliva on this thread? Even if everybody in nigeria disapproves him, that doesn't change the fact that he would win!

Can you hear yourself? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by shadowmay(m): 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2011
Hey people, we want to let the world know we can actually hold a credible election. we have created an online poll. Who would you vote for? visit www.asktheweber.com to vote for your candidate in the 2011 Presidential Election
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Omooba77: 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2011
Mr President will win. Most of the time, most of us blame our leaders for our problems. When you change your age, falsify records is that the government. We need to see the way we change things with our mouth. GEJ will win , I will not vote for a candidate that is a coward!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Muza(m): 2:05pm On Mar 01, 2011
Heard that NTA stopped broadcasting GEJ's Lagos rally cos they needed to go and get more ppl to fill up TBS, Heard that TBS is less than a QUARTER full, lmao dont these PDP guyz get it that their time is up?

Fresh air ko fresh fart ni

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by honeric01(m): 7:16pm On Mar 01, 2011
Muza:

Heard that NTA stopped broadcasting GEJ's Lagos rally cos they needed to go and get more ppl to fill up TBS, Heard that TBS is less than a QUARTER full, lmao dont these PDP guyz get it that their time is up?

Fresh air ko fresh fart ni

It seems he does not understand how Lagos work, Lagosians aren't fools, you can't even buy us with N1k, you need at least N10k to buy one person for 30 mins only, the ECA is too empty and he can't afford N10k each to fill up a 20,000-30,000 TBS.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Pataki: 7:56pm On Mar 01, 2011
Show me the man that is ready to die at TBS for Jonathan.  grin grin grin grin

And a Dame Jonathan would rant: ''they died for democracy.'' PDP - Awon asiwere! undecided

The game is up for PDP! Lagos sets the pace!!!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Opuso: 10:15am On Mar 02, 2011
Dr.Goodluck Jonathan is thebest amongst all the candidates jostling for that office.

Power generation has improved, fuel scarcity is a thing of the past. There is a uniform pricing of petroleum products
around the country. Flood victims in states like Sokoto and Lagos were taken care of by Dr. Goodluck Jonathan´s government.
Nigerian citizens in Egypt and Lybia were evacuated when violence engulfed the place. He has provided funding for the Nigerian film industry.
His intervention in the textile industry has saved thosands of jobs. Investors confidence in the Nigerian economy is rising. Oil production will increase to pre militancy levels next month.

If Nigerians have been very critical of the likes of Obasanjo, Babangida e.t.c i dont think things would have degenerated to this level.

Please leave Jonathan and his people alone !!!!! What do you Nigerians want?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by 9ijaMan: 10:22am On Mar 02, 2011
Opuso:

Dr.Goodluck Jonathan is thebest amongst all the candidates jostling for that office.

Power generation has improved, fuel scarcity is a thing of the past. There is a uniform pricing of petroleum products
around the country. Flood victims in states like Sokoto and Lagos were taken care of by Dr. Goodluck Jonathan´s government.
Nigerian citizens in Egypt and Lybia were evacuated when violence engulfed the place. He has provided funding for the Nigerian film industry.
His intervention in the textile industry has saved thosands of jobs. Investors confidence in the Nigerian economy is rising. Oil production will increase to pre militancy levels next month.

If Nigerians have been very critical of the likes of Obasanjo, Babangida e.t.c i dont think things would have degenerated to this level.

Keep deceiving yourself. As you can see, his approval rating is heading southward. That's the same direction Nigerians will send him packing to on the 9th of April.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by blinx4real(m): 10:31am On Mar 02, 2011
Opuso:

Keep decieving yourself, best ko, best ni!
He is presently the worst of all the candidates vying for the position of President, and shameless of him to demand to see the debate questions ahead of the interview.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Opuso: 10:49am On Mar 02, 2011
Both of you seem to be clueless. I came up it facts all you can come up with is this one line reply.
Nigerians will tell all of you next month that Jonathan is the president they want.

They neither want the sharia man or the 1million house man. Nigerians are sensible enough to know that
neither Buhari or Ribadu has what is takes to govern Nigeria. "fighting corruption" is not what it takes to govern a country.
It takes more than that, neither Ribadu or Buhari have policies that will improve the economic situation of Nigerians. The few months Jonathan have been at the helm of affairs have been someof Nigeria´s most progressive in termsof economic development and policy reform.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up / See The So Called Biafra Land So Tiny / White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.