Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,729 members, 7,802,207 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? (13464 Views)

Advise On How To Send An Invitation Later To Non Nigeria Want To Visit Nigeria / Which African Passport Is Best To Travel Out From Thailand? / Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by proffmanue(m): 7:57pm On Feb 14, 2011
The only way Nigeria can take her rightful place among the committee of Develop Nations is for some of her Populace to get Educated abroad and come back to develop the Nation. we have the resources to become a super power over night but we lack good governance and little or no scientific research. we are been thought in the universities by lecturers that does not even know what they are teaching, they only arras and intimidate the student. if your reason for traveling abroad is for education pls gooooooo.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2011
eewule:

Considering the way the government neglect the need of the people and instead squanders the resources, I wont blame anyone who decides that leaving abroad is the way out of the suffering, But the blame also goes to those Nigerians abroad who when visiting home, tend to glorify the white mans land and pretend to be leaving large as they create a false scenario that life's easy over here in the west.

like the the naija artist: Sound Sultan says: "I rather be like a lion in the Jungle (naija) than to live like a toy in the city (oyibo land)"

it is your perception of what a toy is and what the lion is and of what strata are they in their respective societies.whats the point of being a lion in Nigeria and when u step out you are useless in other parts of the world. just like saying you would rather be the most intelligent man in a village of 20 than being an ordinary student in a city of 200.makes no sense,you competing against the best in the world will only make you better and you competing against a multitude of best in the world is even a better option.not talking about Nigerians who simply limit themselves to the 7/11 stores or the walmart and king sooper stores which i believe is more rampant amongst the older Nigerian community while most of the young friends that i have or know of have better jobs ,got 2 Nigerian girls working with a top 500 it company along side my wife while i have a friend in indiana basically running the radio station of a school,the ones you hear of are the loud ones which we all now happen to be empty.there are a lot of young nigerians in top places that you do not hear of and definitely not washing plates
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by tyson55(m): 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2011
@ vindizzle - Aren't you trying to run a PONZI (PYRAMID) scheme here? Correct me if i 'm wrong. Smh
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by dremoney(m): 8:36pm On Feb 14, 2011
ikposhijnr:

A very Good and Timely thread,
Am currently studying in the UK and believe it me,  People say the will pay anything to live in the Uk, I say i will pay anything in this world not to live in the UK.
Those here don"t want to come back because they are ashamed that people are going to laff at dem that having spent dat much time here there is nothin to show for it wen they get back home.
Just fine clothes and a little Pounds to last a while. Thats the main fear.
There is nothing that you'll say to a brother to make dem change their minds. So usually seeing is believing. Come av a taste

Once again, i am able to find someone with a COMMON SENSE,

This abroad tingy is just an organised MAFIA, They all come here and start moaning over norin, Person wey don spend 30yrs under PHCN malaria go come jand 6mnths bgin form i cant ever survive again in dat country, mshew

Question is: What % of Nigerians are actually making good use of the exposure? not illegit runz o, mean hard working Nigerians, Na london i first see husband call wife begin dey share household bills, hahahahahahahaha

They spend months/years saving tgeda to pay mortgage upfront, back to square one, start mortgage payment, kids start growing up,savings chopped, struggling n husstling to meet-up, Nigeria no go area cuz notin to show for it, little investment here they stcik with it, grow graduate from uni with an average of £15,000 debt, they grow old only to have a miserable 130,000 house in london and a bungalow in nigeria, Who says your peer in naija wouldnt have acquired more than all that before old age?

When people ask what you have achieved, you say good roads in london& useless security that will do notin when your house is burgled.

Fantasy i guess
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by coolpapa: 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2011
I speak for my self, if you have tested life outside Nigeria, you wouldn't like to pass a night in Nigeria. Take for instance, you hardly see power failure in most of these countries. you enjoy treated water supply at will and pay less. To be frank, life is so stressful in Nigeria to compare with most countries i have visited
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by dremoney(m): 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2011
coolpapa:

I speak for my self, if you have tested life outside Nigeria, you wouldn't like to pass a night in Nigeria. Take for instance, you hardly see power failure in most of these countries. you enjoy treated water supply at will and pay less. To be frank, life is so stressful in Nigeria to compare with most countries i have visited

I love the way you respected yourself.

Always speak for urself, k?

Good boy
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by dremoney(m): 8:49pm On Feb 14, 2011
milehigh06:

it is your perception of what a toy is and what the lion is and of what strata are they in their respective societies.whats the point of being a lion in Nigeria and when u step out you are useless in other parts of the world. just like saying you would rather be the most intelligent man in a village of 20 than being an ordinary student in a city of 200.makes no sense,you competing against the best in the world will only make you better and you competing against a multitude of best in the world is even a better option.not talking about Nigerians who simply limit themselves to the 7/11 stores or the walmart and king sooper stores which i believe is more rampant amongst the older Nigerian community while most of the young friends that i have or know of have better jobs ,got 2 Nigerian girls working with a top 500 it company along side my wife while i have a friend in indiana basically running the radio station of a school,the ones you hear of are the loud ones which we all now happen to be empty.there are a lot of young nigerians in top places that you do not hear of and definitely not washing plates

c'mon go and sit down.

top 500, na im u dey make noise here,name the organisation naw, Is your wife's achievement strikingly berra than her mates at home? Go to lagos and major cities and see corporate life in action,

Top 500 ko! mshew
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by dayokanu(m): 9:16pm On Feb 14, 2011
The same reason why every young man wants to leave his village and go to lagos, Onitsha, Portharcourt, Abuja, Kano or Ibadan
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by princeonx: 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2011
A lot of people in naija will happily accept and still wake up everyday to thank God for having what people like us that are lucky to be living and surviving in foreign countries call stress, wahala or even hell. I don't advice those that have something tangible or good job to leave naija but for those that don't even know where their next meal will come from abeg waka if you have the opportunity! its even better living illegally in a lot of countries than that naija.

@ dayokanu: well said!
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by jude33084(m): 10:17pm On Feb 14, 2011
I beg hoow can I leave to join my men in jand? grin
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by benimeogu(f): 11:00pm On Feb 14, 2011
Mr Fresh Dude,
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by AjanleKoko: 11:11pm On Feb 14, 2011
You guys neva tire?
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by lifestyle1(m): 11:21pm On Feb 14, 2011
jude33084:

I beg hoow can I leave to join my men in jand? grin

APPLY FOR AMERICAN VISA LOTTERY.  grin

If i have the opportunity to travel abroad, i will go. All i need from them is their quality education. The quality of education here is nothing to write home about. A course of 4 years may be elongated to 8 years. Is that done in overseas?

A student of computer science can't even operate a computer, most of the NYSC members were not able to use the DDC matchine for the just concluded voters registration.

Lecturers asking female students for sex in other to improve their grades and asking guys for money to improve their grades, A friend of mine was recently drop to second class upper from Distinction 'cos he refused to bribe the lecturers, This is not done in overseas.

You guys that are against the idea of traveling abroad, why is it that most of the best jobs here in Nigeria are given to those that studied at Cambridge or oxford? the truth is that they find it difficult to believe in our certificate as a matter of fact you can easily buy a Nigerian University certificate in a black market.

I finished from a polytechnic 3 years ago and i was denied admission  to do my HND in the same school i did my OND even when i meet the entry requirement. lower credit 2.68/4. WHY?

I just go mad when i hear people saying don't wait for what your government can do for you, why are we paying taxes? Can you provide electricity for your self? If its only electricity they can provide, i believe life will be a little bit easy for us,

For me i can survive any where with the little skill i have, As a computer Engineer, i don't look for job instead job looks for me, so for now traveling abroad is not in my agenda, I will make my millions here but i still need a conducive environment.

I need loan to start my own small business, I want to start a cyber cafe, No bank will listen to me, where is the government loan for young entrepreneurs? Even if i travel oversea as soon as i raise $50,000 with a degree in computer engineering, I go run come back to naija to establish my self,
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 14, 2011
ikposhijnr:

A very Good and Timely thread,
Am currently studying in the UK and believe it me, People say the will pay anything to live in the Uk, I say i will pay anything in this world not to live in the UK.
Those here don"t want to come back because they are ashamed that people are going to laff at dem that having spent dat much time here there is nothin to show for it wen they get back home.
Just fine clothes and a little Pounds to last a while. Thats the main fear.
There is nothing that you'll say to a brother to make dem change their minds. So usually seeing is believing. Come av a taste
grin grin grin
i heard life in london is more tougher than u.s?
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 14, 2011
benimeogu:

Mr Fresh Dude,
I was once a lizard in Nigeria, but today, i am a crocodile in a foreign land. My dear Nigeria sucks.
which foreign land pls? Cos chad nd togo are all foreign lands grin grin
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Feb 14, 2011
guys let them all leave and never come back may be overpopulation is one of our secret problem.for me i tried leaving earlier this yr but the black american guy @ the consulate requested 4 somthing i didnt came with so for me i hav rejoin in the chorus of
UP NEPA! ! ! grin grin

but why do most big men here dnt wanna go over there and live
Only travel and comes back.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by roymary: 1:35am On Feb 15, 2011
Because Nigeria lacks Sanity! Power supply, Water and good roads should not be deemed luxury. Restore Sanity to Nigeria and Nigerians would travel simply for fun.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by bumtiti: 1:57am On Feb 15, 2011
why wont people live nigeria?No good roads,not light,no good health care,no jobs,so many reason will make people live the county.Nigeria is a bless nation but the masses are not enjoying it at all.Only the big guys with power are enjoying it,even education is zero,go out side the country u see must of our bigs guys children are being sent there for education,while the masses are suffering.i dont blame any one that want to travel for greener parstures.GOD SHOULD HEAL NIGERIA SO THAT THE MASSES CAN ENJOY IT, smiley[color=#006600][/color][i][/i]
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Nobody: 4:18am On Feb 15, 2011
proffmanue:

The only way Nigeria can take her rightful place among the committee of Develop Nations is for some of her Populace to get Educated abroad and come back to develop the Nation. we have the resources to become a super power over night but we lack good governance and little or no scientific research. we are been thought in the universities by lecturers that does not even know what they are teaching, they only arras and intimidate the student. if your reason for traveling abroad is for education pls gooooooo.

I hail ohh!

I've been in the US my entire life and I am more than ready to take my knowledge home! Nigeria was supposed to be the first African nation to host World Cup ohh!
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Longlife01(m): 4:53am On Feb 15, 2011
I wouldn't blame those people who wanna fly out of the country as well, Its just the rate of poverty, Wish this thieves so called the LEADERS could do something as soon as possible to give the people dividend of democracy and not poverty, !!! And also make the country a better place to live, !!! People should vote them out this time if they dont want more poverty in that country, !
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Blackteeth(m): 9:14am On Feb 15, 2011
Nigerians refused get their toilet cleaned up, and they want to travel out to use an already made clean toilet. Damn!!!

Nigerians should not be allowed to travel out. Let everyone live and die in hell we made for ourselves.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by chumuo(m): 9:38am On Feb 15, 2011
where did you get that
impression that all nigerians
want to travel out ? You must
be one of the disgruntled and
poverty-ridden nigerians who
sleep at America and British
embassies and are treated like
piece of thrash

I bliv the poster is right, you wouldnt expect to get 100% record b4 u'll agree. From statistics a huge percentage wants out of the country, u could just say that u're amongst the minority dat wants to stay back.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by erico2k2(m): 9:40am On Feb 15, 2011
last poster you are right, it should be what we could do for our country that matters much to what Govt can do for us now that raises the fundermental question, Where is the policy that supports this Idea?In developed countries ie EU and Americas,everyone has equall oportunity,you get the qualification you get the job, no who know man plus there are basic infastructure that makes you conffy and think straight,there is an instigating factor abroad that compels you to husttle harder than you would in 9ja but in all home is still sweet home,In my own lil mind, I believe 9ja has two problems, Power  and stupid or no policies.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by ncpat(m): 9:46am On Feb 15, 2011
just imagine you were at home with your family watching TV and laughing together and all of a sudden the NEPA or PHCN as you call them takes the light, men i tell you, you will be thinking of how to leave the country.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by 190: 10:14am On Feb 15, 2011
poweredcom:

Cos Nigeria is 7step to hellfire

rotfl,
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by 190: 10:22am On Feb 15, 2011
Blackteeth:

Nigerians refused get their toilet cleaned up, and they want to travel out to use an already made clean toilet. Damn!!!

Nigerians should not be allowed to travel out. Let everyone live and die in hell we made for ourselves.

falls down from chair and breaks neck
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 15, 2011
ncpat:

just imagine you were at home with your family watching TV and laughing together and all of a sudden the NEPA or PHCN as you call them takes the light, men i tell you, you will be thinking of how to leave the country.
So bad for you and your family but not everyone considers that as a major reason to leave Nigeria.get yourself a generator
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by obi123: 10:49am On Feb 15, 2011
the truth is as human beings we seek better conditions for ourselves and our family , for those who have managed to make something of themselves within Naija well done! for others like my very self who jumped ship sharp sharp when i couldnt take it no more  and have managed to make it abroad well done too, not eveyone must remain in naija, not everyone must travel out , as long as we are happy whereever we are in the universe.

Truth is i couldn't be happier where i am and anytime i go to naija for hols, i see people doing really well and i even consider moving back for 5secs, when i get back to England, i don't regret leaving AT ALLLLLLLLLLL. In fact i appreciate it even more when i get back , i have put in the hardwork here and it is paying , i dont see the need to move back in the name of patriotism (what does that mean even) .

Life's too short i tell you , so for now i'll just stick to travelling to naija once in a while and continue to stock up on my lebara call cards
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 15, 2011
obi123:

the truth is as human beings we seek better conditions for ourselves and our family , for those who have managed to make something of themselves within Naija well done! for others like my very self who jumped ship sharp sharp when i couldnt take it no more and have managed to make it abroad well done too, not eveyone must remain in naija, not everyone must travel out , as long as we are happy whereever we are in the universe.

Truth is i couldnt be happier and anytime i go to naija for hols , i come back and i don't regret leaving AT ALLLLLLLLLLL.

Exactly what my arguement is about.the fact that nigeria is fcked does not mean everyone is fcked.so why should the first poster make that kind of opinion

about every nigerians wanting to travel out ? what is special about abroad if those there can't even afford the lifestyle ? mschew
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Ty207: 12:05pm On Feb 15, 2011
According to statistic 75% of the youth are unemployed, to me i know they are more than that, still yet thousands are graduating to join the existing onces, the government are not doing any things to help this youth in terms of jobs or allowances( to make them sustain until they get jobs), in advances country the government provide allowance to help the unemployed one and they make sure they get them somethings doing.cos they know what it means to be idle,angry etc and they know wat it can lead to, but here in Nigeria the reverse is the case insaid of them helping us they decided to make things worse for us by inflating the prices of commodities, they treat us like slave in our home country.
what ex can i say? i think pple have said it all. i will rather leave like a slave in another man country than leave like a slave in my own country.boys are not smiling @ all
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by KanuChris: 1:41pm On Feb 15, 2011
Ok ladies and gentlemen, I'm herby to conclude this thread and anybody found posting after this will be jailed grin grin grin
But let's be realistic in Nigeria for once, I've noticed that each time a thread like this is opened here in Nairaland, you'll hear some people who claims they're either in US, UK, telling all sorts of story how they're making up their minds to back to Nigeria with no disclosed reason. My question to these set of people is: what are you still waiting for?
I've always noticed fake patriotism and selfishness in lives of Nigerians. The fact is that if US, UK, visa is made free, everybody; even those clamoring to stay back will eventually pick-up their bags to the airport. What is here in Nigeria to enjoy when the basic necessity is luxury.
These people whom discourage people from traveling abroad will tell all sorts of stories because they might have been punished for their wrong-doings abroad and they'll come with their tears of discouragement, tell how people wash dead-bodies and plate over there. The one wey we dey wash for Naija no pass am? grin grin grin
Why don't the tell about the lives of people like Phillip Emeagwali, Asa, Kanu Nwankwo and other great Nigerians abroad?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Air Peace: No Member Of Our Crew Absconded From Quarantine Facility / Yenagoa - Port Harcourt Road Wrecked By The Flood (pictures) / How Nigerians Get Down In Mexico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.