Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Travelling To Turkey - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Turkey (6160 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Turkey by sirkay09(m): 1:06pm On Feb 13, 2011
Good Afternoon,
Please Anybody that knows somethings about Turkey, I need to know somethings about the Country, Also if there's anybody residing in Turkey on here,i will like to know about living and running things overthere,
Will be waiting for your comments,
Re: Travelling To Turkey by suxes2005(m): 6:59pm On Feb 13, 2011
Turkey, things are cheap there like i heard
If you have money and knows how to trade
you can buy stuffs and send it down to nigeria
for higher returns

Education in Turkey is kinda good i think
their unis are recognised and also a nice place to study

I was at their embassy last Wednesday in Abuja.

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Turkey by joxiri: 7:58pm On Feb 13, 2011
did you get the visa
suxes
Re: Travelling To Turkey by suxes2005(m): 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2011
joxiri:

did you get the visa
suxes

Sure it was given BUT i wasnt the one
that applied. It was a client of mine,

You submit monday, wednesday and friday and
you get your visa the next day all things been equal

Let me just tell you the main truth, there is nothing
to be worried about there. the interview is not a great
thing just for submission and they do issue tourist and
student visa well.

So get your docus and go on your appointment date
else d securities will drain ur pocket

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Turkey by joxiri: 8:48pm On Feb 13, 2011
Oh ok cool
I just thought it was for you cos am going to istanbul soon, wanted to get some info
Re: Travelling To Turkey by suxes2005(m): 9:22pm On Feb 13, 2011
joxiri:

Oh ok cool
I just thought it was for you cos am going to istanbul soon, wanted to get some info

Oh, i actually did the package for him
but one more thing is make sure the hotel
is a paid one (it does not really mean though)
but it will add to your credibility and give you more
chance of getting the visa

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Turkey by saridonp2: 12:09am On Feb 14, 2011
Istanbul is a beautiful city even than most cities in the western world but one of the most expensive city in the world.As one of the posters said,you can buy cheap and quality products from Turkey because they have lots of industries and you can walk to any of them to buy goods.I have done business with companies in Turkey several times and they are industrious people but husling life there seems not to be very easy but from a guy that always do my shipments people still survive but few survive better.If you can go to Istanbul with $10k,you can establish yourself.Generally people go to Turkey to cross to Greece but this time is hard because is the E.U that is securing the border with plane right now and its so difficult to cross.Think before you travel and make a specific plan.
Re: Travelling To Turkey by suxes2005(m): 8:00am On Feb 14, 2011
saridon_p:

Istanbul is a beautiful city even than most cities in the western world but one of the most expensive city in the world.As one of the posters said,you can buy cheap and quality products from Turkey because they have lots of industries and you can walk to any of them to buy goods.I have done business with companies in Turkey several times and they are industrious people but husling life there seems not to be very easy but from a guy that always do my shipments people still survive but few survive better.If you can go to Istanbul with $10k,you can establish yourself.Generally people go to Turkey to cross to Greece but this time is hard because is the E.U that is securing the border with plane right now and its so difficult to cross.Think before you travel and make a specific plan.

You are very correct but one more thing is that the
place is not that expensive to live, there is a particular
hotel there which charges N3k nigerian naira per night.

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Turkey by joxiri: 10:57am On Feb 14, 2011
So suxes are u like an agent,
I ve sorted out my visa and accomodation out, just wanted to find out where I can shop, apparently there's a market where things are cheap, some1 on nairaland told me last year but I cnt remember the name of the place
Re: Travelling To Turkey by saridonp2: 11:10am On Feb 14, 2011
Eminonu,Aksaray,and one other place where you can also buy classic wholesale textile products.They have about 7big markets where all the companies have a place that you can buy directly.You could as well go to their chambers of commerce and they will definitely direct you.
Re: Travelling To Turkey by joxiri: 11:49am On Feb 14, 2011
and these places are in istanbul
thanks saridon p
Re: Travelling To Turkey by saridonp2: 11:51am On Feb 14, 2011
Yeah in Istanbul.And if you want to meet black people,you should go to taksim square and you will see bunch of them there.
Re: Travelling To Turkey by suxes2005(m): 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2011
joxiri:

So suxes are u like an agent,
I ve sorted out my visa and accomodation out, just wanted to find out where I can shop, apparently there's a market where things are cheap, some1 on nairaland told me last year but I cnt remember the name of the place

Hmnn i only help you know

Anyways, i wish you safe trip

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Turkey by sirkay09(m): 5:59pm On Feb 14, 2011
suxes2005:

You are very correct but one more thing is that the
place is not that expensive to live, there is a particular
hotel there which charges N3k nigerian naira per night.

SHALOM

Thanks for the useful information's, Is Turkey a Police Country and is it possible to live there for so long, You know whay i mean arriving there with a Tourist Visa and staying more than the duration of the visa, Also can someone find job ovathere, Pls Advise,
Re: Travelling To Turkey by sirkay09(m): 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2011
joxiri:

Oh ok cool

Thank you for getting back to me.Am planning to use the services of a mover to pick up of the item on my behalf all because am on a job transfer and I will send a Check through my Bank to cover the payment for this. you should get the check within 2 working days. so kindly get back to me with your full Name and residential address,the name to be written on the check and your contact number.Please do mark the posting as sold because am serious about buying it.
Re: Travelling To Turkey by joxiri: 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2011
Re: Travelling To Turkey by sirkay09(m): 6:44pm On Feb 14, 2011
saridon_p:

Thank you for getting back to me.Am planning to use the services of a mover to pick up of the item on my behalf all because am on a job transfer and I will send a Check through my Bank to cover the payment for this. you should get the check within 2 working days. so kindly get back to me with your full Name and residential address,the name to be written on the check and your contact number.Please do mark the posting as sold because am serious about buying it.
Re: Travelling To Turkey by suxes2005(m): 7:17pm On Feb 14, 2011
sirkay,

sure you can BUT when you get there with a tourist
visa, you must go to a school, register and pay at least $1k
then get ur student visa. start school and if God willing get a
good job. But dont depend on job to pay for school and housing

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Turkey by sirkay09(m): 7:20pm On Feb 14, 2011
suxes2005:

sirkay,

sure you can BUT when you get there with a tourist
visa, you must go to a school, register and pay at least $1k
then get your student visa. start school and if God willing get a
good job. But dont depend on job to pay for school and housing

SHALOM

Pls can you get back to me with your email address, I got to know somethings from you, Are u on yahoo messenger, Think we can talk overthere, Will be waiting for that ASAP,
Re: Travelling To Turkey by suxes2005(m): 9:55pm On Feb 14, 2011
pear_prince at yahoo.com

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Turkey by saridonp2: 10:28pm On Feb 14, 2011
Yeah thats a good move,if you can register yourself as a student you can get U.S or U.K visa easily during holiday period.But you must go to Turkey with money.Or possibly find someone that has a cargo company which most Yorubas and Ibos do have to authourise extension of your visa and with that its like having a residence permit and you can even travel to Lagos and come back with it as you want.But its good if you want to do buying and selling business.
Re: Travelling To Turkey by suxes2005(m): 10:32pm On Feb 14, 2011
saridon_p:

Yeah thats a good move,if you can register yourself as a student you can get U.S or U.K visa easily during holiday period.But you must go to Turkey with money.Or possibly find someone that has a cargo company which most Yorubas and Ibos do have to authourise extension of your visa and with that its like having a residence permit and you can even travel to Lagos and come back with it as you want.But its good if you want to do buying and selling business.

Who tell you that?

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Turkey by sirkay09(m): 11:01pm On Feb 14, 2011
saridon_p:

Can you please explain about the Cargo stuffs and the Resident Permit, ?
Re: Travelling To Turkey by suxes2005(m): 11:04pm On Feb 14, 2011
sirkay

it means they use their document to apply for
premit for you and when given you can continue
to use it anytime till it expires

SHALO
Re: Travelling To Turkey by sirkay09(m): 11:07pm On Feb 14, 2011
suxes2005:

sirkay

it means they use their document to apply for
premit for you and when given you can continue
to use it anytime till it expires

SHALO

Thanks for all your valuable information, Can you help me out with the Visa stuff, I will appreciate your help,
Re: Travelling To Turkey by saridonp2: 11:16am On Feb 15, 2011
I have been to Turkey several times in the last 7yrs and I have turkish agents and also different cargo companies that I have collaborated with including the the ones owned by Yorubas and Ibos.Student permit is respected by Embassies in Istanbul but since you are going with a tourist visa,after the application you will have to travel to Cyprus to take your student entry.Its a standard procedure.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Turkey by suxes2005(m): 11:51am On Feb 15, 2011
sirkay, like i told you earlier on, Turkish embassy is
not something to worry about at all. Read my earlier
post and gather those documents, go on your day of
interview and get ur visa,

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Turkey by olaoluwa13: 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2011
Hello shalom, i dont understand what u mean by paid hotel & can i use hotel reservation booked with credit card.need your response
Re: Travelling To Turkey by suxes2005(m): 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2011
^^^
Yes bruv. I mean a receipt from the hotel stating
that you have paid might also help (it not necessary though)

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Turkey by gentleasia(m): 11:11pm On Feb 15, 2011
Please Sues, Can you send me your number?, I'm interested in travelling to turkey on a tour visit.
Re: Travelling To Turkey by kaffy4tope(m): 3:40am On Feb 16, 2011
Hello, I would like to travel to Turkey and hustle, please i need an agent here who can help me with the running's, don't waste your time if you are a scammer, i need a genuine agent and cheap fee ooo.
Re: Travelling To Turkey by Abekeade08(f): 4:17am On Feb 16, 2011
Yeah in Istanbul.And if you want to meet black people,you should go to taksim square and you will see bunch of them there.

Bunch of black people in taksim square?? Well that was not my exprience sha? I worked for a turkish company 2 yrs ago and visited Istanbul on a business trip, beautiful city, but it sucked so bad because people hardly speak English. I sure as hell won't want to live there and Hot turkish men leered at me like a performing monkey and would follow me to my hotel everyday, So creepy.

For cheap hotels, look in sultanahmet.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Application Has Been Forwarded To British High Commission. / In Need Of Advice About Going Back To Finland / Welcome To Abuja, The Los Angeles Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.