Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,882 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Joel Obi/mikel Obi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joel Obi/mikel Obi (1914 Views)

Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Is Joel Obi Related To Mikel? / Inside John Obi Mikel's House - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joel Obi/mikel Obi by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 13, 2011
after reading about Joel's impact in our 1st friendly under Sia 1,hopefully,Nigerians will let Mikel Rest and acknowledge the fact that since we have found a jay jay replacement(it seems)we can now look forward to mikel playing the Defensive midfield role for nigeria
we really dont know how lucky we are
Re: Joel Obi/mikel Obi by Mcleo007(m): 9:30pm On Feb 13, 2011
I think its too early to start a comparison between both players. And at that,Joel isn't a first team player at club level. With more playing time and exposure,he might be the new jay jay. Till then,a kalu uche attacking midfield is still the best we have,with Mikel sitting deep.
Re: Joel Obi/mikel Obi by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2011
Mcleo007:

I think its too early to start a comparison between both players. And at that,Joel isn't a first team player at club level. With more playing time and exposure,he might be the new jay jay. Till then,a kalu uche attacking midfield is still the best we have,with Mikel sitting deep.
interesting opinion,actually in my fifa ultimate team i have kalu playing as my playmaker and he plays it real well
Re: Joel Obi/mikel Obi by 12large1: 9:54pm On Feb 13, 2011
nope shut up please don't compare him with jj. people just like putting unnessary pressure on young players anytime any good young midfilder performs well they always put big pressure by comparing him with okocha. let he be himself if he can keep performing like he did against sl as i heard, then let it stay that way. i think that guy was in my team for now and 2014 world cup players
Re: Joel Obi/mikel Obi by 12large1: 9:55pm On Feb 13, 2011
also is not only him that we could have use to stop mikel 2005 nonsense talk, there was okoro,ibrahim,ekpo
Re: Joel Obi/mikel Obi by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 13, 2011
12large1:

nope shut up please don't compare him with jj. people just like putting unnessary pressure on young players anytime any good young midfilder performs well they always put big pressure by comparing him with okocha. let he be himself if he can keep performing like he did against sl as i heard, then let it stay that way. i think that guy was in my team for now and 2014 world cup players
if u read well it says "it seems" which does not make it definate but the point is we should stop wasting time looking for mikel of 2005 this is 2011,build up new players tro play the jay jay role rather than over flogging a dead horse
Re: Joel Obi/mikel Obi by cashful(m): 8:12pm On Feb 14, 2011
Nigerians and comparisons
we just have to accept there is only one JJ okocha and no player can and will play like him, Joel Obi is still a very young player that deserves our encouragement to succeed. He doesnt have to play like okocha , he should be allowed to showcase his own style.
Henry Nwosu played this role before JJ and he was very successful and his style was very different to JJ
Re: Joel Obi/mikel Obi by 1025: 2:01am On Feb 17, 2011
madness at it early stage.

(1) (Reply)

Messi And Ronaldo Who Is A Better Free Kick Taker / Manchester United Sign Jadon Sancho (photos) / Was Kenneth Omeruo Necklace Saga A Delay Tactics Or He Wan Form Big Boy? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.