Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Yaradua = Baba Go-slow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yaradua = Baba Go-slow (1664 Views)

Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns / Some Nigerians Call Me Baba Go Slow - President Buhari (VIDEO) / Bloomberg - US Think Tank Calls Buhari "Baba Go Slow" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by babasin(m): 2:37pm On Jun 18, 2007
Well trust Nigerians, as creative people.

yaradua has been nicknamed: BABA GO-SLOW

grin cheesy grin

TWO weeks into the administration of Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, there is yet no indication as to the colour of the administration. Nor is there any road-map to find any clues about actors and critical factors that will shape the administration. The taciturn new president appears ensconced in Aso Presidential Villa going through files.
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by babasin(m): 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2007
former ministers such as Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, Dr. (Mrs.) Esther Nenadi Usman, among others, brought on board by the former president to implement his reform programmes, are not finding it easy to make second appearance due to high-tech politicking

grin cheesy grin

will Baba go-slow realy go against OBJ?
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by Sorunmu(m): 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2007
Slow and steady wins d race.
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by McKren(m): 4:30pm On Jun 18, 2007
It is not a sprint, it is a marathon
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by babasin(m): 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2007
@McKaren
It is not a sprint, it is a marathon

I hope Nigerians will not be gasping for breath after the 'LONG' marathon

grin cheesy grin
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by feelgood(m): 7:47am On Jun 19, 2007
I actually think it is otherwise - only thing is he doesn't talk much. And that is a virtue a lot of leaders dont have. They tend to yak all the time and pander to the yearnings of the media.
Let's give yar Adua time. Its rather early to expect a lot. Meanwhile he is doing ok.
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2007
A slow man does not necessarily mean a stupid or daft man, a slow man could be a man who thinks before making decisions, a person who try to see from two angles before reacting. lets give him time. still too early to tell. after he was one of the past governors with the clean records, so we can't say yet.
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by Crownvilla(m): 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2007
He hasn't even spent a month in office and people are calling him a slow coach?

For crying out loud, he has made substantial concessions to the Nigerain Labour Congress (namely the revokation of the hike in the price of fuel and VAT). This decision will ease the hardship of the everyday Nigerian and also confirms the humane and considerate nature of our new president.

He personally applauded the Supreme Court ruling which returned Peter Obi to power and asked Andy Uba to immediately quit office and govt house.

If actions such as the above will characterise his style of governance, he can take all the time he needs to do it right! grin
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by babasin(m): 9:43pm On Jun 19, 2007
@crownvilla,

your baba go-slow solution to corruption: sharia law!

dont be alarmed, he already implemented this as gov of katsina.

grin grin grin

PRESIDENT Umaru Musa Yar' Adua yesterday said his administration would give serious consideration to adopting compulsory religious education in the country as a way to enhance the war against corruption.

The President told a delegation of Nigeria's Moslem Ummah at the Presidential Villa Abuja that the issue of moral education is critical to efforts being made by his administration to move Nigeria to greatness

I warned on this channel; that full blown sharia is on the way. Well Baba-go-slow has said it now!
cool grin
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by jesusfreak(f): 8:57am On Jun 20, 2007
angry
@ BABASIN yeah naija is in real troucble with pple like U who dont see anything good to yak about!

gosh, leave Yar'adua alone . he's only being in aso rock for a month!

if u were d one, im sure it'd take a year to get ur acts together,

lets be more patriotic and stop being pessimistic!
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by ogbes(m): 10:03am On Jun 20, 2007
ITS TIME WE LEARN TO RESPECT THE WISDOM OF THOSE IN AUTHORITY AND MIND HOW WE MOUTH WASH THEM.REM MORE HASTE LESS SPEED.
THE MAN WILL NEED TIME TO GET USE TO HIS NEW OFFICE AND ALSO BE CAREFUL ABOUT HIS DECISION SO THAT HE DOESN`T REGRET IN FUTURE.
FOR ONCE LETS SUPPORT OUR PRESIDENT AND NOT MAKE HIM AN OBJECT OF PUBLIC RIDICLE.
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by angel101(f): 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2007
babasin:

@crownvilla,

your baba go-slow solution to corruption: sharia law!

don't be alarmed, he already implemented this as gov of katsina.

grin grin grin

I warned on this channel; that full blown sharia is on the way. Well Baba-go-slow has said it now!
cool grin

i just hope this is not true! Nigeria cannot be made a sharia state. all interested parties beware!!
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by babasin(m): 6:43pm On Jun 20, 2007
@jesusfreak, ogbes

you guys don't read between the line.

Baba go-slow solution to 'corruption: PRESIDENT Umaru Musa Yar' Adua yesterday said his administration would give serious consideration to adopting compulsory religious education in the country as a way to enhance the war against corruption.

and nobody is shouting what the hell he is talking about?

what an slowpoke of president!
cheesy grin cheesy

even OBJ did better albeit he was only fighting his enermies with EFCC, but not compulsory religious education!

don't say you are no warned
angry cool angry
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by olutomiwa(m): 6:54pm On Jun 20, 2007
abeg make  una leave this man alone make him settle down,the man never SABI ALL THE ROOMS{BEDROOMS,TOILETS,DINNING ROOMS,OFFICE  ETC} IN ASO VILLA,NOT TO TALK OF ALL THE PROBLEMS IN NAIJA,the thing go take time years grin
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by dayokanu(m): 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2007
Leave the man alone let him study the situaion on ground and sleep over it by 2010 he would have a good answer to Naija but now he is exhausted by all the campaign rigours
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2007
let's give him time but the minute he says sharia,we need to pursue him back to Katsina
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by champredd(m): 8:08pm On Jun 20, 2007
@Babasin
PRESIDENT Umaru Musa Yar' Adua yesterday said his administration would give serious consideration to adopting compulsory religious education in the country as a way to enhance the war against corruption.

The President told a delegation of Nigeria's Moslem Ummah at the Presidential Villa Abuja that the issue of moral education is critical to efforts being made by his administration to move Nigeria to greatness

I don't know what religious studies have done for us since independence. The society at large must be reformed not by religion (being used as cover) but by serious punishment for offenders. We can follow China's example and sentence them all to death.
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by otokx(m): 6:10am On Jun 21, 2007
To say that Baba go slow is slow is an understatement. That Baba Go Slow hates to talk will not be farther from the truth. Baba Go Slow does not like disturbance; na for him mouth we hear that one. Baba Go Slow will soon put us all in a state of permanent enjoyment via state of permanent state of hibernation.
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by dblock(m): 9:24am On Jun 21, 2007
And people called me a fool when I patriotically endorsed Patrick Utomi.
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by olutomiwa(m): 4:00pm On Jun 21, 2007
dblock:

And people called me a fool when I patriotically endorsed Patrick Utomi.
yes because u didn,t endorse ME grin
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by Looklike2: 5:00am On Jan 09, 2009
resign
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by jamace(m): 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2009
He is not TOO slow my people. The damage done to this country can not be solved with a 100m dash but with marathon as pointed out by a memeber ealier on. You should note the difference between a dictatorial goverment and demoracy. It is better to go slow and solve problems than rush without achievements. In fact, he can not run more than the bureaucratic process of democracy can permit him. All we need to do for him is pray for him to get well so that he can perform his duties energetically. Period.
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by BOSS7: 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2009
jamace:

He is not TOO slow my people. The damage done to this country can not be solved with a 100m dash but with marathon as pointed out by a memeber ealier on. You should note the difference between a dictatorial goverment and demoracy. It is better to go slow and solve problems than rush without achievements. In fact, he can not run more than the bureaucratic process of democracy can permit him. All we need to do for him is pray for him to get well so that he can perform his duties energetically. Period.

Energetically ke!!! You don't needs muscles and six-pack to perform Yar' Adua's job?
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by KnowAll(m): 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2009
1 in every 5 blackmen in the world is a Nigeria
1 in every 10 black Professors in the world are Nigerias
1 in every 5 black Phd holders in the World are Nigerians
1 in every 3 black MSC holders in the world are Nigerias
1 in every 2 blackmen that are graduates are Nigerians

So what is wrong with Nigeria, how come a nation blessed with so much resources is stuck with baba-go slow. We have problems oh, no be small problem, Na only God fit help us.[b][/b]
Re: Yaradua = Baba Go-slow by jamace(m): 1:27pm On Jan 11, 2009
Knowall,

Leadership is far more than paper qualifications, my dear one. Theory and practical are not the same. Great talkers are never great leaders. The cassock does not make the monk. Or has our being the most religious nation on earth help corruption in our country? We are rated the happiest people on earth. Has that translated into love of our neighbours? I thought you were going to add that because of our academic acquisition, we would be the most technologically advanced/ developed nation. My people, with all this avalance of intimidating paper qualification of nigerians, what is our position when rich men on earth are counted? My brother, Yar'adua is not our problem. We are our selves problem. In fact, those paper qualifications have done us more harm than good. I don't need to tell you the crooked ways through which most of us acquire these degrees. Our fundamental belief is on a shaky foundation. We lack discipline. We lack national consciousness. Corruption, godfatherism, criminal tendencies, 419, favouritism, nepotism and group-think syndrome are our identity . W e don't do things for the good of all. Even those who shout crucify him, crucify him, keep quiet and tow the line of corruption once they get into the corridors of power. My people, I think the problem with Nigeria is called WA-ZO-BIA (apology to, ? ).. We sure need ethical re-orientation sad.

(1) (Reply)

Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? / 7-point Agenda Meaningless – Great Ogboru / The Closing Gate Of Kidnapping In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.